AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-21, 23:58   Link #2941
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
heck, solomon is fvkin broken, and each of his household can extreme magic easily.
alma toran vs earth pls, earth would be destroyed in 3 second
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 23:59   Link #2942
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Just because Aladdin (and or the author)'s definition, and by extent the polytheistic Asian view of gods, does not conform to Western monotheistic definition of God, does not mean anything to the in-universe definition.
That's not the point. What I'm trying to say is that he's just a human. Aladdin calls him "god" in the sense that he's someone who created a world. But he's still just a human. A very powerful one who can use magic, but human nonetheless.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:00   Link #2943
anonfr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's not the point. What I'm trying to say that he's just very powerful human. Aladdin calls him "god" in the sense that he's a magician who created a world. But he's still just a human. A very powerful one who can use magic, but human nonetheless.
I was under the impression he stopped being human altogether when Alma Toran was destroyed and Solomon created a new world.

We know he was human, but that doesn't mean he still is human. It hasn't really been shown yet, making what you say nothing but supposition. Though that applies to my interpretation as well. Fact is, neither of us know exactly what the current Solomon is yet.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:02   Link #2944
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I was under the impression he stopped being human altogether when Alma Toran was destroyed and Solomon created a new world.
I don't think so. No one ever said that. Aladdin didn't say that.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:04   Link #2945
anonfr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think so. No one ever said that. Aladdin didn't say that.
Aladdin said he was God, but apparently that doesn't mean much to you. No one ever said the exact words "Solomon is still human" Either.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:05   Link #2946
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's not the point. What I'm trying to say is that he's just a human. Aladdin calls him "god" in the sense that he's someone who created a world. But he's still just a human. A very powerful one who can use magic, but human nonetheless.
I don't think "human" have any significance here, considering how immortal Djinns such as Ugo, which can fit the definition of gods in any Eastern mythologies, was once a human. Japan is known for eight million gods which many of them are of human origins FFS.
And whether or not Solomon shed his mortality is yet to be seen.

You're arguing a really silly semantics here, until the story exposes otherwise, if Aladdin (who has more knowledge than any other character in the series) considers him "god of his world", then for time being we should consider him a god in-universe.
Otherwise, you should take this semantic battle to Ootaka.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:06   Link #2947
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Aladdin said he was God, but apparently that doesn't mean much to you. No one ever said the exact words "Solomon is still human" Either.
Aladdin said he was a god in the sense that he created a world. You are attributing a lot more to that on your own. Aladding never said that he became immortal or that he wasn't human anymore and whatnot. Those are wild guesses at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
And whether or not Solomon shed his mortality is yet to be seen.
That's what I'm saying. So we don't disagree.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:09   Link #2948
anonfr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Aladdin said he was a god in the sense that he created a world. You are attributing a lot more to that on your own. Aladding never said that he became immortal or that he wasn't human anymore and whatnot. Those are wild guesses at best.
My wild guesses would be as good as your wild guesses. These are things that were never stated to begin with at all. He never says anything proving what you think, or contradicting what I think

Also you're adding context that doesn't exist. He didn't say "He's a god in the sense that he created this world."

He says "He is the creator of this world, the God of this Divine Providence"
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:12   Link #2949
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Aladdin said he was a god in the sense that he created a world. You are attributing a lot more to that on your own. Aladding never said that he became immortal or that he wasn't human anymore and whatnot. Those are wild guesses at best.
You have nothing at this point to argue Aladdin's definition, or the author's definition.
Like I said, this is a really stupid semantics squabble.

Until proven otherwise, follow the context of the story, and not your own. Leave your convictions out of a fictional story.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:13   Link #2950
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
"He is the creator of this world, the God of this Divine Providence"
To me, that clearly implies that he's calling him a god because he created the world. Also, he said "god," not God. There's a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Until proven otherwise, follow the context of the story, and not your own.
That's what I'm doing.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:15   Link #2951
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
To me, that clearly implies that he's calling him a god because he created the world. Also, he said "god," not God. There's a difference.

Holy mother...

There is not a difference. THIS IS WRITTEN IN JAPANESE.
"god" and "God" is a WESTERN translator interpretation, they are written exactly the freakin SAME in the original context.
Japanese does not differentiate a monotheistic and polytheistic "god", language wise.

Please. Drop it, it's getting really stupid.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:16   Link #2952
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Please. Drop it, it's getting really stupid.
If you think it's stupid don't read it. Who do you think you are?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:17   Link #2953
anonfr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Holy mother...

There is not a difference. THIS IS WRITTEN IN JAPANESE.
"god" and "God" is a WESTERN translator interpretation, they are written exactly the freakin SAME in the original context.
Japanese does not differentiate a monotheistic and polytheistic "god", language wise.

Please. Drop it, it's getting really stupid.
Are you also starting to think about like, Hurcules? All this talk about a man becoming a god. I don't know, it's just popping into my mind.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:18   Link #2954
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If you think it's stupid don't read it. Who do you think you are?
Someone who understands the actual language and lines the manga is written in, and know for a FACT that you are wrong in assuming?
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:18   Link #2955
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
geez this pointless debate about god, solomon is an OP child from alma toran and he created the current world. isnt that enough?
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:19   Link #2956
anonfr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
geez this pointless debate about god, solomon is an OP child from alma toran and he created the current world. isnt that enough?
Now that depends. Is it enough to consider him awesome? Or is it enough to consider him a god? I think it's both, some disagree.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:21   Link #2957
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Someone who understand the actual language and lines the manga is written is, and know for a FACT that you are wrong in assuming?
So? That doesn't give you the right to tell others what they should past or not. You're not a mod.

Again, if you think it's stupid, don't read it. But don't go around trying to make others do what you want. It's against the rules of the board too, you know?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:22   Link #2958
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So? That doesn't give you the right to tell others what they should past or not. You're not a mod.

Again, if you think it's stupid, don't read it. But don't go around trying to make others do what you want. It's against the rule of the board too, you know?
Instead of going passive-aggressive jibberjabber, can you actually refute with points?
I mean, you do realize you were wrong right?

I *asked* you to drop it, because it's stupid. Everyone has the right to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Are you also starting to think about like, Hurcules? All this talk about a man becoming a god. I don't know, it's just popping into my mind.
I believe Herc was considered a demi-god in its own mythological context.
I could be wrong, but we need a greek expert to shed more light on that.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:23   Link #2959
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
he was just giving you two advice to drop this topic because its stupid and pointless. it doesnt matter if he is almighty god or human. he is OP and created the world either way.

rmm, and mod will come here in any second i think.
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 00:27   Link #2960
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I *asked* you to drop it, because it's stupid. Everyone has the right to ask.
It's stupid in your opinion. And no, you don't have the right to ask me to drop it unless I'm posting something that goes against the rules of the board. Otherwise, if you don't like what I post, don't read it (how many times did I say that already?).

You should drop it.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.