AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-10-03, 14:08   Link #4501
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 33
Well, I know for a fact Amazon Prime UK is streaming it (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fuuka-Reven...s=vivid+strike) but I was wondering if someone over the US was.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 04:11   Link #4502
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
I understand that for a starter with no previous magic knowledge, intelligent device is very helpful on processing the user's thoughts into magic.

However for a systematically trained mage, shouldn't storage devices be a better choice?
Storage device suppose processes magic faster with the downside requires the user to weave their own magic instead of having the device compute it for them, but that should not be a problem for properly schooled mages.
TYxTxYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 09:51   Link #4503
green-link94
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: mid-childa
Intelligent devices can get higher performance than their specs would suggest if the mage and device are in sync so storage devices aren't necessarily faster.
http://www.nanoha.com/archive2/world/world_2b2.html
Quote:
Gtranslate
魔法を詰め込む記憶媒体と発動の手助けをする処理装置、
さらには状況判断を行う人工知能を兼ね備えた杖。
デバイスとしての機能の他、簡単な会話・質疑応答をこなす能力がある。

魔導師と杖の意志がひとつになった時には、
実性能を越えた高いパフォーマンスが期待できるが、
その扱いは基本的に難しい。
なのはのレイジングハート、フェイトのバルディッシュはこのタイプ。

Processing equipment to help in the invocation and the storage medium to cram the magic,
Cane and further that combines artificial intelligence to perform the assessment of the situation.
Other functions as a device, there is the ability to do a simple conversation, question-and-answer session.

When the will of the Mage and the cane became one,
Although high performance that exceeds the actual performance can be expected,
Its handling is basically difficult.
Nanoha of Raging Heart, Bardiche of Fate this type.
Quote:
Storage devices
魔法を詰め込んでおく記憶媒体の役割を果たす杖。
魔法の発動は術者の能力頼りになるが、
その分術者の能力が優れていれば高速に、確実に魔法を扱うことが出来、
多くの魔導師がこのタイプを使用している。
クロノのS2Uや、管理局武装隊に支給される杖はこのタイプ。

Play a role cane of storage medium to be packed magic.
Although activation of magic is the ability reliance of the operator,
To high speed if the better the minute surgery's ability, surely can handle the magic,
Many of Mage are using this type.
Chrono and S2U, cane, which is paid to a management station posses this type.
green-link94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 09:57   Link #4504
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by green-link94 View Post
Intelligent devices can get higher performance than their specs would suggest if the mage and device are in sync so storage devices aren't necessarily faster.
http://www.nanoha.com/archive2/world/world_2b2.html
Thx, can I get a more precise translation of this line?
その分術者の能力が優れていれば高速に、確実に魔法を扱うことが出来、
TYxTxYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 10:08   Link #4505
green-link94
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: mid-childa
I'm using gtranslate so not really you would have to ask someone who knows japanese to do it..

Last edited by green-link94; 2016-10-17 at 10:20.
green-link94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 19:24   Link #4506
Vice Granscenic
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
About Vivid Strike!

1) Why an orphanage the Saint Kaiser Church is heated with woods?

2) Why rich Berlinetta family uses car, which looks like it was grab from Earth(General Motors Company, if I'm not mistaken)?

3) Why instead of hi-tech pop-up screens, Rinne(and others) uses a cellphone? Yes, I know that Lindy in MGLN TV-2 also used a cellphone, but it is to communicate with Fate, who had no access to the "inter-dimensional admiral channel"(Lindy-Leti).

4) Bandit biker from episode 1 used a shock gun(physical damage), but it's forbidden on Mid?

This hi-magi-tech world after all.



About MGLN A'S

5) That Shamal recorded on Earth, as the foster mother(guardian) Hayate, it is true or fan made?

6) Why Starlight Breaker, which is launched by Reinforce Eins, not erased Uminari? As in Nanoha Movie 1st. It is a mistake of the authors? Or made for beauty?

Last edited by Vice Granscenic; 2017-02-26 at 06:41.
Vice Granscenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 19:07   Link #4507
4th Dimension
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Adriatic Coast, Montenegro, Balkans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Granscenic View Post
About Vivid Strike!
Basically the answer to most of these about ViVid Strike is that the crew making it no longer cares for the idea of futuristic magitech society that was established by the first two seasons and shown in the third one, and has been backpedaling away from it HARD ever since. This is why Crangan essentially looks like older sections of Tokiyo and everyone and their dog uses chopsticks.
Also Strike seems to have been made in a way to be approachable to wide audiences who are not aware of the Nanoha-verse lore and as such it will use tropes that are common and expected to the average viewer even if it's not supported by lore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Granscenic View Post
1) Why an orphanage the Saint Kaiser Church is heated with woods?
Well theoretically this could be because wood is still cheaper than near electricity produced in magical generators that does not pollute. Also it might theoretically be a Belkan self sufficiency thing. But the real reason is that they did not really care, and wanted their poor staring orphans even though Church was never before shown to be really lacking for resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Granscenic View Post
2) Why rich Berlinetta family uses car, which looks like it was grab from Earth(General Motors Company, if I'm not mistaken)?
The fact that they are using a car is not as much of a problem given that the access to the skies is heavily regulated (and that by now the Midchildan tech level has been regressed by the writer where it's no par with our tech base, yuck) so driving a land vehicle or using public transport is the way you get around. On the other hand the prominent GMC logo on the grill is bloody IDIOTIC! Did noone really check the drawings before they got animated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Granscenic View Post
3) Why instead of hi-tech pop-up screens, Rinne(and others) uses a cellphone? Yes, I know that Lindy in MGLN TV-2 also used a cellphone, but it is to communicate with Fate, who had no access to the "inter-dimensional admiral channel"(Lindy-Leti).
Pretty much see above. Now granted, these cell phones can do a lot more, including project holoscreens when the writers want them to do that. But still using cellphones when you have devices which should be able to do something as simple as opening a telcom channel is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Granscenic View Post
4) Bandit biker from episode 1 used a shock gun(physical damage), but it's forbidden on Mid?
He did have something. It looked like some sort of stun gun right? And the way they were talking about it it seemed that the fact he had it was strange, so it's probably illegal and was acquired on black market. Also if he was arrested after his fight with Fuka, he is probably facing a longer sentence than his compatriots.
So I don't have a problem with that thing. Hell had the season gone in the dirrecton of Fuka busting a gang that was starting to get armed with such physical weapons we would have gotten something much more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Granscenic View Post
This hi-magi-tech world after all.
Not any more it seems. Now it's a world entirely populated by lolis who are there for shallow fan service and anything smelling of SF has been ejected through an airlock and the ship was rammed into the sea.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Granscenic View Post
About MGLN A'S
Ahh back to talking about something much more sensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Granscenic View Post
5) That Shamal recorded on Earth, as the foster mother(guardian) Hayate, it is true or fan made?
I don't remember any source (well apart from one joke manga that shows Hayate's neighbours talking about Yagamis and how Hayate now has a younger sister (Vita), older sister (Signum) and mother/aunt (Shamal) which Shamal takes as an insult) saying that so I think it's a fan thing. It really would not be necessary since officially Graham is her guardian and has been greasing the bureaucracy to look the other way.
Also for all intents and purposes Hayate considers the Wolkenritter her children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Granscenic View Post
6) Why Starlight Breaker, which is launched by Reinforce Eins, not erased Uminari? As in Nanoha Movie 1st. It is a mistake of the authors? Or made for beauty?
Because they are figting inside a "barrier" which in effect means all magical persons and objects in it's range get dropped half a dimension away from reality and any damage they do in that dimension is not reflected in the main one. Basically as long as the barrier is up they can tear the fake Uminari as much as they want.
In fact it's a plot point that somehow accidentally Arisa and Suzuka got pulled into the barrier dimension too despite not being magically capable and so Nanoha and Fate had to reveal themselves to them.
Also the damage in the barrier dimension was a limited probably due two things. 1st is that the Starlight Breaker specifically (and compression magic spells in general) works by collecting spent mana that is saturating the battlefield. Therefore it's yield is directly proportional to the amount of mana that has been recently spent. This means that at the end of a long fight between two strong mages, when the battlefield is thick with spent mana, it's devastating. On the other hand at the start of the fight it's yield can be really limited (which nicely explains why Nanoha doesn't start every fight with it and why it's nearly unstoppable at the end of the fight). At the point when Reinforce cast it there has hardly been any fighting and so there was not a lot of spent mana laying round.

2nd unlike Nanoha's SLB that is a concentrated beam (unlike what was shown in the Movie, on the other hand by the time of Vivid she did learn how to attack multiple targets with it). Reinforce on the other hand seems to have modified the spell so as to better fit her fighting style and now it was a wide are attack, which inevitably meant it's damage density was lower. I think they do mention this in the booklet dictionaries that came with the season DVDs

Also do keep in mind that the movies exist in a separate universe so things shown in them do not necessarily reflect into the main continuity. For example the effects of magical attacks have been Michael Bayed, especially the Starlight Breaker
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 00:06   Link #4508
alex_drian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Anyone can tell me where I can find doujins non-ero/hentai? only simple slice of life and comic situations is fine.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 00:54   Link #4509
4th Dimension
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Adriatic Coast, Montenegro, Balkans
I think your best bet would be Dynasty Scans.
Allthough IMO cursory glance never revealed anything interesting to me. IMO I find the writting in the fanfics on this board written during the golden age to be superior to anything in doujins.
__________________

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 01:31   Link #4510
alex_drian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
I think your best bet would be Dynasty Scans.
Allthough IMO cursory glance never revealed anything interesting to me. IMO I find the writting in the fanfics on this board written during the golden age to be superior to anything in doujins.
Oh, I don't knew this page, thanks.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 10:13   Link #4511
Whedon the Snarker
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
I have some questions that I want to ask

1) What's the status of mass weapons like Earth's firearms, artillery, missiles, etc. in the Administrated Worlds? Are they completely banned or allowed under certain conditions?

2) Is TSAB a military force with police duty or police force with shiny toys?

3) Has it ever stated how Olivie Sägebrecht ended the Saint King Unification War with the Saint's Cradle? Does she destroyed all warring factions and forced them to make peace with each other?

4) Why is the TSAB is filled of nepotism, cronyism, and favoritism?

5) Does the JS Incident caused political turmoil in the Administrated Worlds, considering the TSAB is unable to stop a massive attack in the capital world?

6) Why so many cultures in the Administrated Worlds look like Earth's, like that one time when Vivio and co. visited China-like world?
Whedon the Snarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 10:33   Link #4512
4th Dimension
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Adriatic Coast, Montenegro, Balkans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whedon the Snarker View Post
I have some questions that I want to ask

1) What's the status of mass weapons like Earth's firearms, artillery, missiles, etc. in the Administrated Worlds? Are they completely banned or allowed under certain conditions?
Likely you might be able to get a permit for a hunting rifle or something like that, since that is hardly gonna be a threat to a mage IMO, but it would be heavily regulated. ANYTHING that could be used for dealing any kind of mass destruction is probably outright banned. And there is likely a large stigma associated with anything remotely tied to it, if Fate's comments in StrikerS are anything to go by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whedon the Snarker View Post
2) Is TSAB a military force with police duty or police force with shiny toys?
Both. Their primary mandate is to keep the peace and security of the Dimensional Seas. And to do that they are willing and able to deploy all kinds of heavy duty hardware. And seeing the kind of LL and ancient shenanigans that are still floating about, and that uninhabited planets seems to be crawling with secret illegal science labs, they do need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whedon the Snarker View Post
3) Has it ever stated how Olivie Sägebrecht ended the Saint King Unification War with the Saint's Cradle? Does she destroyed all warring factions and forced them to make peace with each other?
The entire Belkan War bit was kinda messed up by Vivid IMO. Before Vivid I would have said that she likely went down with the Cradle or died shortly afterwards (since someone had to get her shroud), after laying waste to most of the planet of Belka and thus breaking the back of the Belkan Empire, or something similar.
But really we don't know much more than Cradle was likely invovled and whatever she did made peace by breaking the Belkan Empire forever in such a way that the remaining Belkans basically became refugees and Belka (through her actions or previous events) is now an unlivable wasteland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whedon the Snarker View Post
4) Why is the TSAB is filled of nepotism, cronyism, and favoritism?
Ummm, what nepotism, cronyism and favoritism?
The only real possible case might have been the bit with Chrono serving on, or having it as his cariage, his mother's ship. But meh to that.
If you are reffering to Hayate's meteoric rise, she actually seems to have been climbing ranks at the same pace with the other two or slightly quicker since she was 1st Captain in 71 while Nanoha was 2nd. So one rank in difference. In StrikerS she is 2nd commander and Nanoha is 1st captain and so 2 ranks of difference. My opinion is that she was promoted to 3rd commander at about the same time Nanoha became 1st captain but she was then jumped one rank higher just to be able to command an independent experimental unit and be the fall girl if the experiment blew up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whedon the Snarker View Post
5) Does the JS Incident caused political turmoil in the Administrated Worlds, considering the TSAB is unable to stop a massive attack in the capital world?
Ehh, Mid isn't really TSAB's capital world despite what Vivid and later try to convince us. The actual capitol is the gigantic space station in Dimensional Sea. Mid is of more sentimental meaning to TSAB since it's the world where it all started.
I don't doubt that there was a bit of a purge going on after it all went down, given that the attack was stopped BEFORE it did practically ANY damage by the combined Sailing Force, Air Armaments Service and Ground Armaments Service personnel, I don't see them not being able to spin this however they wanted it. Evil Big Bad Mass Weapon Scientist tried some shit and got stomped despite having a Belkan WMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whedon the Snarker View Post
6) Why so many cultures in the Administrated Worlds look like Earth's, like that one time when Vivio and co. visited China-like world?
Because Vivid is trash and MT is a hack? But yeah Japanification of the Nanohaverse in Vivid and later is pissig me off.
__________________

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 10:55   Link #4513
Whedon the Snarker
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Ummm, what nepotism, cronyism and favoritism?
The only real possible case might have been the bit with Chrono serving on, or having it as his cariage, his mother's ship. But meh to that.
If you are reffering to Hayate's meteoric rise, she actually seems to have been climbing ranks at the same pace with the other two or slightly quicker since she was 1st Captain in 71 while Nanoha was 2nd. So one rank in difference. In StrikerS she is 2nd commander and Nanoha is 1st captain and so 2 ranks of difference. My opinion is that she was promoted to 3rd commander at about the same time Nanoha became 1st captain but she was then jumped one rank higher just to be able to command an independent experimental unit and be the fall girl if the experiment blew up.
Well, that's what I mean by nepotism and cronyism. Almost all Hayate's supporters for Riot Force 6 are people closed to her. Then, the inspector that make sure she doesn't break any protocol is someone who look at her as his sister...which I believe to be a breach in protocol since his investigation would be biased.

But at least it's for greater good.

The favoritism is on how younger mages can gain rank faster than older mages or non-mages if they've higher mage-rank than normal. Isn't that kind of thing could caused resentment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Ehh, Mid isn't really TSAB's capital world despite what Vivid and later try to convince us. The actual capitol is the gigantic space station in Dimensional Sea. Mid is of more sentimental meaning to TSAB since it's the world where it all started.
I don't doubt that there was a bit of a purge going on after it all went down, given that the attack was stopped BEFORE it did practically ANY damage by the combined Sailing Force, Air Armaments Service and Ground Armaments Service personnel, I don't see them not being able to spin this however they wanted it. Evil Big Bad Mass Weapon Scientist tried some shit and got stomped despite having a Belkan WMD.
Well, hopefully that won't backfired since if the TSAB spin it that way, they make Jail looks like someone who managed to caused massive damage to the TSAB with enough skill and resource. Two things that if someone is patient enough could get.

Hopefully it won't make someone to do another attack on the TSAB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Because Vivid is trash and MT is a hack? But yeah Japanification of the Nanohaverse in Vivid and later is pissig me off.
So, basically, it's because MT is too lazy to be more creative?

Also, I have other questions:

1) Has it ever stated whether or not Thoma Avenir is actually a psychopath? That could explain how Thoma could be surprisingly friendly to the Huckebein; he doesn't have any sympathy to the victims and merely pretend that to fit the society around him.

2) Does Adult Mode used by Vivio and Einhart caused some...hormonal imbalance?

3) How come the TSAB child soldiers are more mentally stable than Earth child soldiers?

4) Because the Numbers destroyed the Einherjar cannons when the Saint's Cradle starts to fly, does that mean those cannons could damage the ship? If so, why Hayate doesn't use her strongest spell against the ship?
Whedon the Snarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:25   Link #4514
DragonXX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whedon the Snarker View Post
Well, that's what I mean by nepotism and cronyism. Almost all Hayate's supporters for Riot Force 6 are people closed to her. Then, the inspector that make sure she doesn't break any protocol is someone who look at her as his sister...which I believe to be a breach in protocol since his investigation would be biased.

But at least it's for greater good.

The favoritism is on how younger mages can gain rank faster than older mages or non-mages if they've higher mage-rank than normal. Isn't that kind of thing could caused resentment?



Well, hopefully that won't backfired since if the TSAB spin it that way, they make Jail looks like someone who managed to caused massive damage to the TSAB with enough skill and resource. Two things that if someone is patient enough could get.

Hopefully it won't make someone to do another attack on the TSAB.



So, basically, it's because MT is too lazy to be more creative?

Also, I have other questions:

1) Has it ever stated whether or not Thoma Avenir is actually a psychopath? That could explain how Thoma could be surprisingly friendly to the Huckebein; he doesn't have any sympathy to the victims and merely pretend that to fit the society around him.

2) Does Adult Mode used by Vivio and Einhart caused some...hormonal imbalance?

3) How come the TSAB child soldiers are more mentally stable than Earth child soldiers?

4) Because the Numbers destroyed the Einherjar cannons when the Saint's Cradle starts to fly, does that mean those cannons could damage the ship? If so, why Hayate doesn't use her strongest spell against the ship?
As for Thoma Avenir there stuff pointing to the fact the Eclipse Virus mades you go insane.
That question have not bet answer.
I can guess it because they don't believe there child solders and they have not, right out kill someone yet.
I don't know have answer for that question.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.