AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-29, 21:27   Link #21
haqiang

maybe season 3 will show the opposite aspect of hell......like heaven???

It would be interesting to see the mirror image of jigoku shoujo as in an angel maybe or something.

I hope Enma becomes an anti-jigoku shoujo type of character, that would be awesome.
haqiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 22:53   Link #22
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I have often wondered that. It seems Hell has free reign over the world and can even take those who shouldn't go to Hell(The nurse from season 1), wtf at Heaven.

For being the protector of the good and innocent, it sure is loosing face. Not once has anything from Heaven attempted to stop Hell.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 23:15   Link #23
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by haqiang View Post
maybe season 3 will show the opposite aspect of hell......like heaven???

It would be interesting to see the mirror image of jigoku shoujo as in an angel maybe or something.

I hope Enma becomes an anti-jigoku shoujo type of character, that would be awesome.
Ha, Tengoku Shoujo...... Sounds so damn corny.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 01:39   Link #24
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I have often wondered that. It seems Hell has free reign over the world and can even take those who shouldn't go to Hell(The nurse from season 1), wtf at Heaven.

For being the protector of the good and innocent, it sure is loosing face. Not once has anything from Heaven attempted to stop Hell.
well, it depends on which religion you are talking about. If it's the Asian Hell, then yea it has free reign over the mortals, it's Hell that decides when mortals die and where all the dead goes into and gets judged, and see if they are worthy to get reincarnated into the world of the living again, or have to stay in Hell to get some punishment first. The good people don't go to Heaven, they get rewarded by Hell to be reincarnated into a happy and luxurious life. The Heaven is where only the immortals can go into.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 01:52   Link #25
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
[rant]
This little additional season production trend needs to die off before it spreads even further. -_-,

D.C.II. S.S.
Zero no Tsukaima 3rd season
When They Cry (1,2) 3rd season
Gag Manga Biyori 3rd season
Jigoku Shoujo 3rd season

= srslynothx
[/rant]
RozenMaidenkthxplz.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 02:03   Link #26
TigerII
Pilot in Training

But throughout the show, when the warn about the strong, they say they will never get to see paradise. I kow that some Asian religions are as you said, but I clearly remember them talking about heaven.

Then again, I am no religion expert and I only know some on Muslim and Christian.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 06:00   Link #27
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
But throughout the show, when the warn about the strong, they say they will never get to see paradise. I kow that some Asian religions are as you said, but I clearly remember them talking about heaven.

Then again, I am no religion expert and I only know some on Muslim and Christian.
well, if we talk about Buddhism, then yes there's Heaven where good people get reincarnated into, but it doesn't fight Hell. Heaven and Hell are just two realms in the system of reincarnations in Buddhism, there's no fighting between them.

If we talk about the folklore religion, then Heaven is only available for those who practice Taoism or some other stuff to reach transcendence and immortality, while for normal mortals they are just bound to die and go to Hell to get judged, and then get reincarnated back to life, and then die and go to Hell again, and then get reincarnated back... rinse and repeat. And for some "special ones", whether they are very evil or somehow very unlucky, they can get locked and tortured in Hell for quite a long time, like millions of years and more. Basically Hell has all the power to decide freely how long mortals can live, how long they need to get locked in Hell after death, and when they finally get reincarnated, whether they become a human, a pig, or a worm
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 13:45   Link #28
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
RozenMaidenkthxplz.
Quoted for truth.

Watching the first two seasons was somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me.
Since all the hell-sending were in emotionally charged/tense situations, maybe Ai will serve as somewhat of one suggesting a way out or another course of action (be wary of the dark side and whatnot). Though I am anticipating only flashback references to Ai via Wanyudo and the rest of the dysfunctional troupe.
Ichimokuren:"Remember the time that dude offed that other dude"
*Brief flashback with Ai*
Hone Onna:"Good times."
Wanyudo:"Bald."
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 14:18   Link #29
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by haqiang View Post
They did that. It was called Shinigami no Ballad. And like Jigoku Shoujo, it had both an anime version and a live-action version, although the anime version was only a much-too-short six episodes. I liked them both.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 14:35   Link #30
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Spoiler for my thoughts on how it might continue:

I do hope they don't go back to an episodic format again. I wasn't too fond of that format in either season. It didn't help that the stories weren't particularly complex. In most cases, the people who got sent to Hell deserved it. Real life is not so easy to define in black & white, I'm afraid. Futakomori began exploring the greyer aspects of Ai's job. If there's going to be a third season, it had better be along the same direction.

I do wonder why we're even getting a third season. I never got the impression that this series was that big of a hit in Japan. In fact, I tried searching high and low for Jigoku Shoujo souvenirs in Japan last year -- I couldn't find a single one, not even in Akihabara. If the show were really that popular, I'd expect to see posters of Enma Ai around, at least?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
...it won't be bad if they can finally address two key questions that I have since the end of the first season.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for my thoughts:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 14:46   Link #31
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I am still hoping for a Jigoku Shoujo Survior series.

Last Loli standing is the new Jigoku SHoujo and the rest of the contestants go to hell.
Old 2008-01-02, 21:52   Link #32
Siegel Clyne

Jigoku Shoujo hasn't been a big seller on DVD in Japan. But it reportedly drew good TV ratings in the Kansai region (Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, etc.)...
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 00:08   Link #33
haqiang

has there been a announcement or hint on when season 3 will be released? Or anyone want guess?
Old 2008-01-03, 18:23   Link #34
Valerion
Hero of Old

Really? Do we REALLY need a third season of this?
Valerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 00:51   Link #35
SAT

Yes, as it 'll be nice to know who the next Jigoku Shoujo is, will she be as cool as Ai, her new powers, what happened to Tsugumi & Hajime, what Granny looks like.

Jigoku Shoujo Survivor is a nice idea, but can they find lolis willing to participate?
SAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 22:23   Link #36
haqiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerion View Post
Really? Do we REALLY need a third season of this?
I wouldn't mind, but I do hope the new girl stops saying "Ippen, Shindemi ru?" unless its Ai coming back reapplying for the old job. Cuz thats totally her motto.
Old 2008-01-05, 09:08   Link #37
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
well, if we talk about Buddhism, then yes there's Heaven where good people get reincarnated into, but it doesn't fight Hell. Heaven and Hell are just two realms in the system of reincarnations in Buddhism, there's no fighting between them.
That must be from the mahayana school.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 06:30   Link #38
akitakumi
Akizz

wow...what will happen to AI in third season after she turn into sakura in second season .... cant wait for it...
akitakumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 23:11   Link #39
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

They've just named the 3rd season. It is going to be called Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae (地獄少女 三鼎). Thread title is now changed accordingly.

Can anyone tell me what "mitsuganae" means? I hope it isn't as difficult a concept as futakomori.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 23:16   Link #40
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Can anyone tell me what "mitsuganae" means? I hope it isn't as difficult a concept as futakomori.
The dictionary gives me "3-legged kettle" for the second kanji so it's three 3-legged kettles.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural