AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-24, 21:13   Link #81
Kakkou
Tch.

I find it amusing that Yukarin will be voicing Watanabe Mayu while the real one is voicing someone else.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 21:32   Link #82
Undertaker

I totally thought the Yukarin you're referring to was Kashiwagi Yuki who has similar sounding nickname Yukirin.

But I was a bit bummed that legacy members are not being done by their real life self even though some had voice acting, radio hosting experinces before. Though I guess with their current popularity it's just not possible.

As much experience as Yukarin has, it going to be a tough job though. Mayuyu's got an awesome anime voice and being a diehard otaku her character is all anime all the time which earned her another nickname as the CG Idol.

Spoiler for Mayuyu's introduction catchpharase::

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-02-24 at 23:43.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 22:50   Link #83
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
The casting for the legacy members is slowly being unveiled: http://akb0048.jp/character/index2.html

Oshima Yuko:
Kanda Akemi
Kashiwagi Yuki: Horie Yui
Watanabe Mayu: Tamura Yukari

Arghhh I want to know the rest now! Mind you, this is a very good crop so far, I can totally see Hocchan working as Yukirin.
Oh, man, this is going to be very interesting.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7617.html#more

EDIT:
http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/02/kan...t-for-akb0048/

EDIT #2:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7696.html#more

YEAH!

Last edited by sa547; 2012-02-28 at 10:37.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 15:21   Link #84
Katapan
俺様祭り

Round 2:

Takahashi Minami: Shiraishi Ryoko
Kojima Haruna: Noto Mamiko
Itano Tomomi: Ueda Kana

Killer cast. I'm a bit less thrilled about the broadcast information, though - the timeslots are nowhere near as good as I thought they'd be (slightly earlier than your usual late-night series, but still fairly late and on UHF stations :/), and the series is only starting on... April 29?!
Old 2012-03-02, 20:12   Link #85
sa547
*Author

Guess the scheds are earlier due to the very high-profile nature of the girls.
Old 2012-03-03, 00:14   Link #86
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Round 2:

Takahashi Minami: Shiraishi Ryoko
Kojima Haruna: Noto Mamiko
Itano Tomomi: Ueda Kana

Killer cast. I'm a bit less thrilled about the broadcast information, though - the timeslots are nowhere near as good as I thought they'd be (slightly earlier than your usual late-night series, but still fairly late and on UHF stations :/), and the series is only starting on... April 29?!

Other than Hokaido and NorthEast area, it's mostly 11:00, 11:30 which are actually very good anime timeslots. Taking away the golden slots that are usually reserved for JUMP and family-oriented series, they are the best available as far as anime goes.

Hasn't really double check the days, but most of 48 families' variety shows are all around that timeslot as well and getting solid ratings of around 3-4, it might be schedule of everyday there is some AKB-related shows.
Old 2012-03-03, 06:51   Link #87
Katapan
俺様祭り

What rubs me in the wrong way isn't so much the time - you do make a good point with the usual AKB shows, Undertaker, though I would have expected something that could target a mainstream audience... the anime could have worked as a morning show in my mind, considering the series is getting a manga adaptation in Nakayoshi and whatnot... but anyway. What I find more bothering is the channels. It hasn't made its way on a single major channel, and late-night UHF shows just scream niche anime (yes, I would still apply this to a 11pm timeslot - take Symphogear, for instance, it is also airing at 11:30 pm on tvk and this is about as niche as you can get.) The show can still definitely be a success among otaku, but it won't really reach anyone else and that's sort of sad for something of that caliber.
Old 2012-03-03, 11:24   Link #88
sa547
*Author

^
Unless they hit on the use of video streaming as an alternative, which of late is becoming either a primary or secondary medium of choice, and more attractive than trying to buy air time even from a low-ball UHF station.
Old 2012-03-03, 14:50   Link #89
Undertaker

Another way of looking at it might also be that they are purposely targeting the otaku crowd only. AKB started with an otaku based fans that stick with them throughout the early tough years. There are some talk that their recent accent has caused some of those crowd feel abandoned.

But really, while the project is fairly big and looks promising, when you look the the genre it is in, Sci-fi Idols battle the evil. It really doesn't sound too much of prime time material nor early morning show aims at primarily to kids.

I still think the timeslot is fine. The channel, like you say might be more of the issue.
Old 2012-03-03, 15:19   Link #90
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
But really, while the project is fairly big and looks promising, when you look the the genre it is in, Sci-fi Idols battle the evil. It really doesn't sound too much of prime time material nor early morning show aims at primarily to kids.

Not to mention that the Kawamori/Okada duo are not the first people I'd call to do an early morning show.
Old 2012-03-04, 00:37   Link #91
Undertaker

But really, I think VA is an issue as well. Granted the main characters are mostly being done by 48 families, but most of them are low tier, unknown members of the groups. Even ones that have higher ranks are the lesser known member compare to ones with similar ranking.

At first I thought Mayuyu is going to be the #1 main character, but with her current workload and the way the official website sets up, she seems more to be a throw-in. Almost like the rest of the cast are really nobody so we'll throw Mayuyu in to anchor it from the side.

Not to mention the decision that legacy members are not done by their real-self counterpart. Nothing against the cast they've chosen so far, as they are a pretty good group considering legacy members are secondary characters. But to really draw appeal from general public, you almost have to have those legacy members being voiced by their real-life selves, even if they are amateurs in VA.

It really has nothing to do with voice-over skill if this anime is really set on appealing to general crowd from kid to middle age people. Beside, it's not like they are completely amateurs. Most of those legacy members have had minor roles in VA before and many of them are currently having major roles in movies and dramas that shouldn't make it too hard for them. Heck, the core members even got crush-course VA lessons in various AKB-related variety shows or receive inside look through various collaboration in OP/ED theme songs.
Old 2012-03-04, 23:09   Link #92
maximilianjenus
[E]

probably they want the actual show to appeal to the regular anime viewers (I don't want to say otaku) then have the inevitable music discs have a moe broad appeal.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 00:28   Link #93
Undertaker

Maybe, but the question here is that the the group's base is Akiba and their core fans are consisted the anime viewers and manga readers and otaku in general to begin with. (nothing wrong using otaku here as long as we know what the term really means.)

This seems to me be be more of an royalty-reward project than a gaining-fans project. Besides, they've already done their share of anime theme songs from DragonBall Kai, to Sket Dance to Beezelbub.
Old 2012-03-05, 03:23   Link #94
leokiko

Idol-related stuff are completely uninteresting for me, so I will completely ignore this, unless the I read A LOT of good things about it.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 03:50   Link #95
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Idol-related stuff are completely uninteresting for me, so I will completely ignore this, unless the I read A LOT of good things about it.
You're the one who ignore this one, but it will have loads of action scenes in it !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 12:00   Link #96
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
You could forget the whole idol side of it and consider it an action scifi show.
Old 2012-03-05, 12:17   Link #97
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Don't watch anime anymore but I will NOT miss this!

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 13:03   Link #98
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You could forget the whole idol side of it and consider it an action scifi show.
I could do that, but anything idol-related is an instant minus for me, since I don't like such business in Japan. But I'm a fan of the director, so I might give it a try sometime. And no, I'm not trolling, I'm merely stating my opinion on how I enjoy shows related to idols.

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-03-05 at 13:32.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 03:07   Link #99
sa547
*Author

Okay, a little more news this time:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7889.html#more

@Leo: they ain't like the idols in the traditional sense (think Mima Kirigoe in Perfect Blue) or any of the tightly-controlled boybands from Johnny's stable.

For me it's Kawamori's dream project, as he's been very impressive with the synthesis of music and action in the past. It may not be possibly big as the Macross franchise, his best opus in his lifetime, but nevertheless highly significant in terms of what 0048 could bring for this season.

Offtopic: My preferred primer for an introduction and good understanding of how AKB48 works is by reading the official manga about a boy who crossdresses in order to help his crush become a part of the teams: AKB49 - Renai Kinshi Jourei . And this forever changed my mind about those girls, not just that they're cute, but as blue-chip performers they can work hard and play hard.
Old 2012-03-09, 05:35   Link #100
Undertaker

@Leo:

Agree with sa547. I'm not going to say how great these girls are. But as someone with East Asian descend and never really into the idols before, AKB is the first time I fallen head and toe into.

Before AKB, the only time anyone can claim to be an idol fan was when that particular idol starts to make a name for themselves in the acting scenes and caught my eyes. People like Toda Erika or Aragaki Yui. That's when I'll go reach back to their idol, pin-up days and catch up. But even them I almost never listen to their music or doing anything more than buy their photobooks.

However, AKB is just different. The more you learn about them, the more they grew on you, especially the early members. The stuff they went through are thing that most adults might never being able to and they never present themselves as perfect as most other idols are.

All the fans they have right now, they've earned them and they've earned them through the hard way.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime