AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-08, 18:47   Link #3441
Ozuma

@nishikinomaki

Omega Cosmo is channeling the power of your predecessor and your own.

Sub is out.

Love Harbinger's line to Gallia, "You can take your punishment and go to hell!" ^^
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 03:46   Link #3442
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The can spam the Athena Exclamation if they want, they now have Shiryu around to redirect it wherever he pleases
yup they can spam Athena Exclamation any time

wait Galaxian i check some thing is that true says the Pallas saga will officially end in episode 97

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...97-as-last-one
nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 13:28   Link #3443
Ozuma

(cries)

Episode 97 is the last one

They won't end it with episode 100? That's pretty much the iconic number to always end a series with. Y_Y

Don't do it Toei! ><

Also here the summaries for next eps

Quote:
Episode 87: The union of the Gold Saints! The Forbidden Technique! (Libra Shiryu vs Hyperion.)

Episode 88: The teachings of the Great Saint! (Virgo Fudou, Aries Kiki and Libra Shiryu use the forbidden technique against Hyperion. It’s said it will cause bad consequences. It’s confirmed by this episode Gallia is dead.)

Episode 89: Awake! The Final Cosmo, Omega! (it’s said a man will speak about Subaru, which time was been stopped by “chrono catastrophe”, from “spiritual world”)

Episode 90: Hurry up Taurus! The time of arrival to Pallas! (Athena and the remaining Gold Saints (in another words, Sagittarius Seiya, Taurus Harbinger and Gemini Integra) arrive to the throne room where’s Pallas but they are confronted by Titan)
Old 2014-01-10, 09:51   Link #3444
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know what pissed me off the most from episode 85?:

The good things:
Gallia established herself as a very strong opponent that can beat all those techniques thrown at her by those gold saints using her sword and able to move faster than light. Even if the said sword is your usual “blablabla that can cut anything” (seriously, how many times has this been said now?). And the reveal that Pallas is not that stupid and fully aware that she’s being deceived all this time is quite refreshingly unexpected. One more prove of decent writing in this episode was also the highlight, which is Gemini sisters’s combined/final attack. In this case, the show surprisingly know how to hold itself back from showing yet another strong villain overwhelmed by “the power of will”. Even if the Gemini sisters are powerful by themselves, one is already dying and one is badly injured and probably exhausted. There’s should be no way for them to suddenly defeat Gallia by “the power of will BS”. And much to my surprise, the show actually agrees with my logic (bravo!). Instead of defeating Gallia, the Gemini sisters use their Another Dimension to break Europa’s Infinity Corridor that’s been trapping the saints. It’s actually a good idea and a proper send-off for Paradox.

The bad:
But all those good intentions was killed by the very lackluster presentation, namely: the uninspired animation and helluva amounts of derpy faces & bodies (in zoom!). I mean, come on, those faces are not the most sophisticated thing to draw! Hell, many of them are so simple and should be a piece of cake for those animators, not to mention some of them are just stills that doesn’t move much! How can an animator screw a character’s face in that kind of situation and still get paid? Those who animate this episode should be ashamed of themselves and need to learn one or two things from Madhouse's animators who are still doing a very solid job with their own long-running series, Hunter x Hunter.
Old 2014-01-10, 20:03   Link #3445
Ozuma

@Obelisk Ze Tormentor

Do you mean the distant faces? FYI bro in most anime's even those are casually drawn.

What faces were shittily drawn? In all honesty no art from in Pallasbelda can match the awfulness of Souma and Yuna's new cloth debut episode.

Harbinger really channeled some Gurren Lagann telling Gallia:

Old 2014-01-10, 22:54   Link #3446
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikinomaki View Post
yup they can spam Athena Exclamation any time

wait Galaxian i check some thing is that true says the Pallas saga will officially end in episode 97

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...97-as-last-one
Yes is true. Toei announced a that the second half of season 2 will run up to episode 97. It's almost certain that will be the series finale.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 23:59   Link #3447
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Send a message via MSN to AGear2Ax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
(cries)

Episode 97 is the last one

They won't end it with episode 100? That's pretty much the iconic number to always end a series with. Y_Y

Don't do it Toei! ><
Quote:
Yes is true. Toei announced a that the second half of season 2 will run up to episode 97. It's almost certain that will be the series finale.
So, the first season is 51 episodes and the second is 46. The series will end on March 30th at the end of the winter season. This second season is that short due to all breaks the series took, breaks for golf matches among other things and it stills completes the production cycle for one more year. Who knows what will be replacing it or if another season for a year is requested.

Quote:
@Obelisk Ze Tormentor

Do you mean the distant faces? FYI bro in most anime's even those are casually drawn.

What faces were shittily drawn? In all honesty no art from in Pallasbelda can match the awfulness of Souma and Yuna's new cloth debut episode.
I bet that Obelisk is talking about mainly about Gallia's face, it was so awful that you really have to be immersed in the ep to be distracted of that awfulness.

It is a common phenomenon in visual media that the viewer gets distracted of the errors and flaws by highly enjoying something/being so immersed on what it is happening or will happen. So, you can say that this last episode did a poor job distracting the viewer from the errors than in Souma and Yuna's new cloth debut episode (and I'm pretty sure that a newly and fresh budget for the second season was aviable to use for that episode unlike Gallia's debut fight episode).
Old 2014-01-11, 00:35   Link #3448
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:

thanks and wait Galaxian correct me if i was wrong is that true Omega will be replaced by new Sailor Moon in july.

i want to see Sailor Moon
Old 2014-01-11, 01:40   Link #3449
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikinomaki View Post
thanks and wait Galaxian correct me if i was wrong is that true Omega will be replaced by new Sailor Moon in july.

i want to see Sailor Moon
No, because there is an entire quarter between the end of Omega and the supposed premier of the new Sailor Moon anime.

There are rumors that Omega will be replaced with a Marvel's Avengers anime that Toei is producing (it's premise seems to be a rip-off of Ultraman Ginga), but there is nothing official so far.

There is a possibility that Omega will be replaced by a short 12-episode anime, which could then be replaced by Sailor Moon, but is highly unlikely since those Sunday morning TV-spots are usually reserved for shows that last a full year.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 06:30   Link #3450
Ozuma

For as painful Saint Seiya Omega has been for all of us I'll take Omega over Marvel's Avengers anime. ><

That looks fucking terrible.
Old 2014-01-11, 07:04   Link #3451
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
For as painful Saint Seiya Omega has been for all of us I'll take Omega over Marvel's Avengers anime. ><

That looks fucking terrible.

i want Omega will be replaced by new Sailor Moon anime

Sailor Moon Gona realise in july by official said

http://sailormoon-official.com/information/20147.php

icant wait.

i gona translate it

Distribution determined from the July 2014 new anime!

For "Sailor Moon" new anime, which had been kept you waiting very much, that the entire world started broadcasting in Nico Nico Douga from July 2014, Toei Animation to Production is decided! Please look forward to!

Original: Naoko Takeuchi Director: SakaiSokyu Series Composition: Yuji Kobayashi Animation Production: Toei Animation Theme Song: Momoiro Clover Z
Old 2014-01-11, 08:38   Link #3452
Ozuma

@Nishi

Word up! ^^

Loves Sailor Moon dozen times more than Omega (and possibly,maybe- don't hold me to it more than Saint Seiya franchise in its entirety)
Old 2014-01-11, 08:49   Link #3453
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
@Obelisk Ze Tormentor

What faces were shittily drawn?
You want some examples? Here you go:

Spoiler for Some screenshots:
Please note that almost all of those face-shots are taken from still-frames (meaning the characters don’t move much, if not at all). So there’s absolutely no excuse of “derpy faces because of rapid movements”. Bottomline: derpy faces are derpy, crappy character designers are crappy. Shame on them.

I can give you more examples, if you insist.

And this is just about derpy faces during still-frames. Don’t get me started on other issues in the awful animation.
Old 2014-01-11, 09:48   Link #3454
Ozuma

@Obelisk Ze Tormentor

Actually, dude I think those images are a case of lack of abstract touch rather than "shitty art".

The eyes in that close-up shot of Integra are a lot better than the art animation errors I've seen from the big three of Shounen (Naruto,One Piece and Bleach). You could become one drunk mofo counting off the number of goofs done.

And as I said before nothing can beat the "wtf moment" of this bit from episode 54:

Old 2014-01-11, 09:59   Link #3455
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
@Obelisk Ze Tormentor

Actually, dude I think those images are a case of lack of abstract touch rather than "shitty art".

The eyes in that close-up shot of Integra are a lot better than the art animation errors I've seen from the big three of Shounen (Naruto,One Piece and Bleach). You could become one drunk mofo counting off the number of goofs done.

And as I said before nothing can beat the "wtf moment" of this bit from episode 54:

is that elementary drawing
Old 2014-01-11, 11:05   Link #3456
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Seriously... Who is in charge of Omega and why has he or she been allowed to stain the Saint Seiya franchise with this travesty? The anime started OK and soon after the 12 houses degraded into a disaster. Saint seiya has been renowned for its artistic quality both in the graphic and music departments, but this series is lacking on both; in fact, lacking is an understatement, they are both horrible! And dont get me started on the plot-hole-riddled storyline, which is full of inconsistancies and just plain lack of care.

I just cant bring myself to understand TOEI's logic here. Lost canvas was fantastic yet it was cut short, the anime had vision in all aspects, yet it was cancelled. The same happened to the second half of the Hades saga; wherease the first half had it all, it didnt do well either and in order to finish the series they had to finisb the story on a janitor's budget... The second half ended up being nothing more than a glorified power point show.

Omega is the antithesis of lost canvas and the first half of the hades saga, or the older saint seiya series for that matter! Why has it been allowed to run almost as long as the original series back in 1986? Hell! Even the Asgard saga which was developed just like omega, meaning not being based on the manga, did so much better than this series. Why was canvas and the hades deemed failures and this travesty considered a success? Am I not understanding something about Japanese culture here? Or is it perhaps TOEI the one who has always tried its best to ruin the series? Again, who is the monkey calling the shots here!?
Old 2014-01-11, 11:31   Link #3457
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Quote:

A moment that last less than a second. That's not something everybody will spot, watching the ep for the first time. In the other hand, Ep 85, showed those errors for a longer time, and even at the beginning of the ep.
Old 2014-01-11, 12:07   Link #3458
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Seriously... Who is in charge of Omega and why has he or she been allowed to stain the Saint Seiya franchise with this travesty? The anime started OK and soon after the 12 houses degraded into a disaster. Saint seiya has been renowned for its artistic quality both in the graphic and music departments, but this series is lacking on both; in fact, lacking is an understatement, they are both horrible! And dont get me started on the plot-hole-riddled storyline, which is full of inconsistancies and just plain lack of care.
Omega has still good music.

The original has even more plot holes.

Quote:
I just cant bring myself to understand TOEI's logic here. Lost canvas was fantastic yet it was cut short, the anime had vision in all aspects, yet it was cancelled. The same happened to the second half of the Hades saga; wherease the first half had it all, it didnt do well either and in order to finish the series they had to finisb the story on a janitor's budget... The second half ended up being nothing more than a glorified power point show.
Lost Canvas was from TMS not from Toei. And unlike Omega, LC really had terrible music, raped the manga character designs and made awful cloth designs.

Hades Sanctuary was good and then the staff had to do Tenkai movie but the staff messed with the story board so much that Kurumada and Toei fired up most of the staff, and the new staff that replaced the former sucked.

Quote:
Omega is the antithesis of lost canvas and the first half of the hades saga, or the older saint seiya series for that matter! Why has it been allowed to run almost as long as the original series back in 1986? Hell! Even the Asgard saga which was developed just like omega, meaning not being based on the manga, did so much better than this series. Why was canvas and the hades deemed failures and this travesty considered a success? Am I not understanding something about Japanese culture here? Or is it perhaps TOEI the one who has always tried its best to ruin the series? Again, who is the monkey calling the shots here!?
Hades a failure?
Lol nope, even the second awful half sold a lot compared to LC canvas. Both suffered from piratery but LC even after its stream on TV had awful ratings.

Why? Lost Canvas was just like their critics say, just a gold saint fanservice with drama.
That pissed off readers because each gold saint had a sad past and it always was related to the specter of the week, Pandora fanservice/nudity(like Saga taking baths in the anime), the borderline yaoi between Tenma and Alone(can't remember the chapter number but those 2 were too close for a kiss) and others, the lack of friendship theme that is the flag of SS series, and the serious lack of good music that even Omega has are some of the main factors that sank LC.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 12:16   Link #3459
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Saint seiya has been renowned for its artistic quality both in the graphic
Pretty sure in the art department that the original series was renowned for the bishounen character design by Araki Shingo and Himeno Michi and not much else.
The original series also had some major ups and downs for the animation just like Omega. Only episodes directly handled by character designers Araki Shingo and/or Himeno Michi had outstanding art, sort of like how in the first season of Omega the episodes directly handled by Umakoshi were exceptionally good. For example the 4th movie was often heavily criticized for crappy art because neither Araki and Himeno were involved.

EDIT: Another example take this almost derpy art from episode 69 of Aphrodite and compare this with Araki/Himeno's take here from the 3rd movie

Last edited by houkoholic; 2014-01-11 at 12:41.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 12:48   Link #3460
AGear2Ax
ClearMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Pretty sure in the art department that the original series was renowned for the bishounen character design by Araki Shingo and Himeno Michi and not much else.
The original series also had some major ups and downs for the animation just like Omega. Only episodes directly handled by character designers Araki Shingo and/or Himeno Michi had outstanding art, sort of like how in the first season of Omega the episodes directly handled by Umakoshi were exceptionally good. For example the 4th movie was often heavily criticized for crappy art because neither Araki and Himeno were involved.

EDIT: Another example take this almost derpy art from episode 69 of Aphrodite and compare this with Araki/Himeno's take here from the 3rd movie
Those things are tied to the budget too. Crappy art is cheaper than outstanding art. And keep in mind that in a weekly tv series they have a tighter schedule too to get the art done. That's a principle in graphic design: Good art costs money and time and if you don't have those, don't expect high quality art.

Tags
action, shounen