AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-06, 00:14   Link #8961
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Very interesting. BTW, Lance could relate to one of my characters, who's soul was trapped inside a Relic-like crystal (I even came up with the idea before the Numbers were introduced. ). However, in the case of Lance it was only his consciousness.
Maybe, but he probably doesn't think too much about it.

Quote:
And lol at Very Vengeful Women...... does that mean... Keroko-chan is one too...??

Quote:
*feels something sharp next to his throat*

Ke-Keroko-kun...that was just a joke... a joke...!! W-Wait--!!!

*insert bloody scene here*
Lance: "Ahhh~ The disadvantages of being mortal... "

Emperor: <Concur>
Old 2007-09-06, 00:16   Link #8962
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Now, you see, the reason I don't like the whole parallel streams theory is that it leaves absolutely no room whatsoever for any form of free will...

Think about it...if everything happens somewhere...then everything HAS to happen somewhere...in which case, what HAS to Happen here HAS to happen here...Because Everything else is happening everywhere else...in which case, nobody has any choices at all.

It's absolute predestination, and I don't like it. That's why I don't like the concept. It's also flawed in theory, but thats the main reason I don't like it.

For more interesting reading on this, try to find Larry Niven's 'All the Myriad ways', which includes an excellent but disturbing version of this...
Sometimes though, we just have to live with the fact that there are things beyond our comprehension to understand, and that in trying to expand our knowledge and understand reality, we run across concepts that would seem cold and lifeless to our romantic view of reality, like the aforementioned predermination, or for another closer-to-earth example the harsh realization that what we refer to as the "soul" and "consciousness" is nothing more than the fragile interaction of electrical impulses and chemicals in the brain, that can be altered and manipulated. (Something I think C2F's Lance touches upon quite well).

Of course, we have yet to know whether or not that is true, or whether some new insights into the nature of quantum mechanical physics can shed some light into the nature of time-space, and the answers to predetermination and ultimately whether human free will and consciousness is important at all in the grand scheme of the universe.

And it seems I have some book hunting to do...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-06, 00:18   Link #8963
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

[Dota]HOLY S***

Jack O Niell is BEYOND GODLIKE!!! Someone kill him!!!

OWNING[/Dota]

Quote:
At least, it gets the job done.

Oh how SG-1 will get along with Nanoha just fine...
Is sorely tempted to create “Air Force General Jack O’Neil (just one L!)” to give his char’s orders... I’m not sure the universe could survive O’Neil with what amounts to superpowers though.

“Hey Carter watch this!”
*massive property damage ensues*
“Err you don’t think they’ll take that out of my Paycheck right?”

“Relax what could go wrong?”
*sounds of things breaking*
“Ohhh… hope that wasn’t important.”

“Hey Daniel what’s this?”
“No don’t touch th---“
*rooms starts shaking and alarms blare*

“Man this is a nice ship…”
*Ship explodes*

“Wonder what---“
*Explosions*

“Hey---“
*massive explosions*

“I---“
*Atomic level detonation.*
Old 2007-09-06, 00:23   Link #8964
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Is sorely tempted to create “Air Force General Jack O’Neil (just one L!)” to give his char’s orders... I’m not sure the universe could survive O’Neil with what amounts to superpowers though.

“Hey Carter watch this!”

“No don’t touch th---“

*Ship explodes*

“Wonder what---“
*Explosions*

“Hey---“
*massive explosions*

“I---“

Yup, he'll get along with Nanoha juuust fine...

"STARLIGHT BREAKER!!!!!!!"
"Now that's my type of gal..."

And someone keep him away from the Lost Logias thank you

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-06, 01:17   Link #8965
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I can imagine Fate taking revenge and tease Signum to no end about it

Quote:
Is that the other OC who likes Signum as well?
At least he's the only other one who has demonstrated tendencies towards Signum. :3

Quote:
Lance: "So you believe your weapon is the embodiment of your will huh? So what happens if I break it?"

Emperor: <Feel the burn>
I see...

Quote:
I'm not sure whether V is courageous, foolhardy or just plain stupid in trying to face up against Neltharion
After all, even Kha would have to rely on Rakael-Stahlmut just to fight a portion of Neltharion's power... The full dragon is gonna need Arc-Rakael-Stahlmut. So use that comparison for size.

Quote:
No need to bow! Afterall, we worship the same Aniki!!!! HIS LORDSHIP!!!

Bastion stands proud as the OC thread worships him.

Quote:

I've been TRYING to find words to describe my ideal multiverse concept, and you just did, especially on the point on warpjumps
Looks my better stuff need to be at least 1 year in the making. That theory was in construction for basically my entire young life, starting from the day I happened to pick up New Scientist 9 years... I even managed to build a quasi-religion based on it.

Quote:
I wonder how Kha knows Signum's true size...

*runs*
When you are the only other human guy (Yuuno was the main, and Zaffy isn't human) on a ship of girls, you'll overhear all sorts of stuff.

*waits for something to happen, but nothing does.*

What is the meaning of this?! Does this mean--?

Quote:
GIGA DRILL, SPIN ON!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
After a long delay with my second character in Thunder Squad (13th total, if I'm right), I'm done with my 14th character and the thrid member of Thunder Squad.
Lot of copying...should be blatantly obvious Also, first artificial heterochromatic OC here.

Spoiler for Thunder 3:
Long profile is LOOOOOONG. As expected of Satty.

Quote:
Hmm, where have I seen this "changing the past creates a new timeline" idea...?

Oh, yes. Dragon Ball Z! (No, I'm not a DBZ hater.) I really liked the Cell saga, especially that idea of changing the past and creating different timelines as a result. Trunks did say, his time wont be changed, but he can at least make one where his people is saved. Of course, there were plotholes everywhere, such as how is he able to know WHICH timeline he goes back to with the time machine.
Yes, but you can see I covered that up nicely, with the Frame of Reference banishment. I came to the conclusion purely from hearsay mixed with way-over-my-head scientific journals and half-hatched Bible readings.

Quote:
Cone shields, huh? I would have taken the idea if it wasnt so OOC for her. lol I wonder if you're going to upgrade Bastion now, though.
Well she's the one who really has Spiral power...

That reminds me, Strada's spearhead in OP1 can spin like a DRILL!!!

Bastion...? HELL YEAH! Why didn't I think of that?! And the command "Divine Bastion, SHIELD ON!" makes sense now!

Quote:
Tokiha twins? Who?
Sophia and Hayate, in my Nanoha/Zero theory, are twins of the Tokiha/Tohkiha (whichever spelling you prefer) family, but due to different circumstances their family names got replaced.

Just for interest: my OC, the Knight-sister High Retributor Tohkiha Mai is their cousin.

Quote:
Now, you see, the reason I don't like the whole parallel streams theory is that it leaves absolutely no room whatsoever for any form of free will...

Think about it...if everything happens somewhere...then everything HAS to happen somewhere...in which case, what HAS to Happen here HAS to happen here...Because Everything else is happening everywhere else...in which case, nobody has any choices at all.

It's absolute predestination, and I don't like it. That's why I don't like the concept. It's also flawed in theory, but thats the main reason I don't like it.

For more interesting reading on this, try to find Larry Niven's 'All the Myriad ways', which includes an excellent but disturbing version of this...
Granted, I'd give you that. I hated that idea, but predestination occurs in so many myths that there might be a force out there that guides us so... That's is the basis of the "Naaruism" quasi-religious doctrine, that there are forces out there, outside this entire system, which derive value from our choices.

See how does Science can turn into Faith now? :3

In fact, you could say I'm the founder and the only member of this queer self-made religion...

Quote:
Sometimes though, we just have to live with the fact that there are things beyond our comprehension to understand, and that in trying to expand our knowledge and understand reality, we run across concepts that would seem cold and lifeless to our romantic view of reality, like the aforementioned predermination, or for another closer-to-earth example the harsh realization that what we refer to as the "soul" and "consciousness" is nothing more than the fragile interaction of electrical impulses and chemicals in the brain, that can be altered and manipulated. (Something I think C2F's Lance touches upon quite well).

Of course, we have yet to know whether or not that is true, or whether some new insights into the nature of quantum mechanical physics can shed some light into the nature of time-space, and the answers to predetermination and ultimately whether human free will and consciousness is important at all in the grand scheme of the universe.

That's where Faith comes in, and all the Clerics are geared to spread the word of the Naaru so that fear and despair from such knowledge don't ever set in. Because even though they are destined to become like this, they still have to make the choices that will cause them to follow that destined timeline, if not, they will create another path, or even fall to chaos.
Old 2007-09-06, 01:28   Link #8966
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:

“Hey Carter watch this!”

“No don’t touch th---“

*Ship explodes*

“Wonder what---“
*Explosions*

“Hey---“
*massive explosions*

“I---“
XD XD XD XD

==============

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
The Silvana... i just call it that for no apparent reason right now

*Gets shot*
Quote:
- Plays Gun x Sword Theme

[Claw Man]Good... Very Good...[/Claw Man]
I do hope I won't throw him into this timeline

================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Nonsense! Signum's armor just gives her better support.

*rolls under Schlagenfurm*

Trying removing the ferropolymer mantleguards under the her chest armor, and you'll see pretty much the same.

*jumps over Sturmfalke*

Hence you see why Shamal's assets are much more visible; they're CLOTH!

*ARX-8 >>>> Creator-san*
but I thought--

*Phantom Phoenix & Sturm Falke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> USB500*

========================

Quote:
Spoiler for Misete Yare... Hontou No Yuuki no Chikara O!!!!!:

And, something to give you more ideas for your Gravity Manipulation Device:

Spoiler for Ore Wa, Hitori Janai! Ore Tachi Wa, HITOTSU DA!!!!:

Old 2007-09-06, 01:35   Link #8967
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't mind the concept of 'Alternate worlds', where a distinct number of different timelines exist due to differences in their development, I just dislike the 'Parallel worlds' Idea of worlds where everything Has to happen somewhere, since it means that everything is fixed.

Now, 'alternate' worlds where anything could happen somewhere, is a much different matter.

After all, this is from the person who broke the H4XX barrier by bringing in the Time Diver...
Old 2007-09-06, 01:39   Link #8968
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It wasn't in my initial intentions, but it does come as a bonus

Quote:
At least he's the only other one who has demonstrated tendencies towards Signum. :3
Hmmm... Destroyers are very prideful, some of them are possessive as well...

Quote:
I see...
What were you expecting? Something mushy?
Old 2007-09-06, 01:43   Link #8969
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
After all, even Kha would have to rely on Rakael-Stahlmut just to fight a portion of Neltharion's power... The full dragon is gonna need Arc-Rakael-Stahlmut. So use that comparison for size.
Yup, MASSIVE indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha

THROW AWAY ALL LOGIC, AND KICK REASON TO THE CURB!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Looks my better stuff need to be at least 1 year in the making. That theory was in construction for basically my entire young life, starting from the day I happened to pick up New Scientist 9 years... I even managed to build a quasi-religion based on it.
Aha! So you're like that too huh? Explains the source of your BLUECHEESIUM ENGINE And a QUasi-religion based on the multiverse? Do tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
When you are the only other human guy (Yuuno was the main, and Zaffy isn't human) on a ship of girls, you'll overhear all sorts of stuff.

*waits for something to happen, but nothing does.*

What is the meaning of this?! Does this mean--?

*BANG*

*Desert Eagle >>>> Kha*

"Counterterrorists Win"

*radio static*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Granted, I'd give you that. I hated that idea, but predestination occurs in so many myths that there might be a force out there that guides us so... That's is the basis of the "Naaruism" quasi-religious doctrine, that there are forces out there, outside this entire system, which derive value from our choices.

See how does Science can turn into Faith now? :3

In fact, you could say I'm the founder and the only member of this queer self-made religion...
Ah, Karma

And I for one, believe that Science can lead to discoveries about Faith, and that the seperation between science and religion is only a gulf created by those who can't seem to integrate the two properly. As the not-so-often-heard-adage goes:

"God Uses Science to Work His Miracles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
That's where Faith comes in, and all the Clerics are geared to spread the word of the Naaru so that fear and despair from such knowledge don't ever set in. Because even though they are destined to become like this, they still have to make the choices that will cause them to follow that destined timeline, if not, they will create another path, or even fall to chaos.
So basically even if the path is already laid and prepared before you, you still have to follow it, lest you go astray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I do hope I won't throw him into this timeline
*Looks at Jail Scaglietti and his right-arm claws*

Could it be? The Claw Man!!!!

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-09-06 at 02:01.
Old 2007-09-06, 01:47   Link #8970
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

The Battle Continues...

Albert attempted everything he could to stop the Gram from engaging the mysterious Mage...but to no avail...The power armor was at an ramming speed...

KLAMBAM!

As the dust settle from the impact of Gram ramming the armor...Albert felt like his body being push around against his will...The Gram regained balance from the charge and locked onto his target..."How the hell do you fight this Mage? As a guy without any experience in combat, I am pretty much asking for a death wish..." Suddenly, a weapon materialised in his right arm...

"Power Shotgun activated..."

Suddenly the opposing mage charged at Albert, the power armor dodged the attack by the Mage if oh so barely... "Meatbag, fire the shotgun, he is right up close against you" Panicking, Albert fired a round off the shotgun which caused the opponent to wince back before attacking him with a lightning bolt, Albert then raised Garm's arms in defense

"Asorb Loader Activated"

A shield emanted from the Garm and the attack was nullified by the field and his arms glowed yellow..."Activate Special Ability: Return Breaker" Albert nods and suddenly, the Garm ejects 2 Cartridges..."RETURN BREAKER! ACTIVATE!" And a powerful Electronic blast fired off the Garm and directly at the enemy..."Did we beat it?" SIGURD Analysed the dust..."Scanning for enemy..."
Old 2007-09-06, 02:05   Link #8971
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
THROW AWAY ALL LOGIC, AND KICK REASON TO THE CURB!!!!

as well

Quote:
*BANG*

*Desert Eagle >>>> Kha*

"Counterterrorists Win"

*radio static*
which map was it? de_dust?

Quote:
*Looks at Jail Scaglietti and his right-arm claws*

Could it be? The Claw Man!!!!
HOLY SHI--

Where's Van of the Dawn when we need his assistance?

I can't believe I forgot to put possible VAs for our Gale Sisters
  • Liana: Mizuhashi Kaori (Shirogane Sara, Futakoi Alternative)
  • Alice: Kadowaki Mai (Shirogane Sōju, Futakoi Alternative)
Old 2007-09-06, 02:44   Link #8972
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

BACKLOG SMASHER!!!

Quote:

“Hey Carter watch this!”

“No don’t touch th---“

*Ship explodes*

“Wonder what---“
*Explosions*

“Hey---“
*massive explosions*

“I---“
ROTFL

Jack O'Neill, huh? well, that'd be....dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I can't believe I forgot to put possible VAs for our Gale Sisters
  • Liana: Mizuhashi Kaori (Shirogane Sara, Futakoi Alternative)
  • Alice: Kadowaki Mai (Shirogane Sōju, Futakoi Alternative)
Futakoi rocked so much (both of them )
I especially liked that part in the first Futakoi:

Bokura mada daijoubu, mada tsuyoku nareru kana
(Because we're still okay, we can still become stronger)
IMO, it's WIN

My, my...I haven't done much lately, have I?
Maybe I'll get some work done this friday
Old 2007-09-06, 02:58   Link #8973
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't mind the concept of 'Alternate worlds', where a distinct number of different timelines exist due to differences in their development, I just dislike the 'Parallel worlds' Idea of worlds where everything Has to happen somewhere, since it means that everything is fixed.

Now, 'alternate' worlds where anything could happen somewhere, is a much different matter.

After all, this is from the person who broke the H4XX barrier by bringing in the Time Diver...
Oh you mean THAT. In a way, its double feedback: you are making the choices, but your choices came from the circuits of your brain interacting with the spirit of your soul (if my divinity theories apply). This makes you half able to make free decisions due to the shadow photonic influence and other forces... It's appalling to look at, but that's what I think. After all, limited freedom of thought is part of being perfectly Ordered.

But yeah, despite all that, alternate worlds where everything can happen elsewhere exist in my fanon space somehow... Sore ga, Grace of God, ne?

Sorry if I sound like a preacher. I am called "Kha the Cleric" after all.
Quote:
What were you expecting? Something mushy?
Just nodding in agreement.

Quote:
Aha! So you're like that too huh? Explains the source of your BLUECHEESIUM ENGINE And a QUasi-religion based on the multiverse? Do tell
Quote:
*BANG*

*Desert Eagle >>>> Kha*

"Counterterrorists Win"

*radio static*
I see that the harem powers have worked on the Wolkies.

(runs)

Quote:
Ah, Karma

And I for one, believe that Science can lead to discoveries about Faith, and that the seperation between science and religion is only a gulf created by those who can't seem to integrate the two properly. As the not-so-often-heard-adage goes:

"God Uses Science to Work His Miracles"

I sorta reverse-engineered that quote into the whole Naaru-Quera and the Cleric thingy...

Quote:
So basically even if the path is already laid and prepared before you, you still have to follow it, lest you go astray?
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
The Battle Continues...

Albert attempted everything he could to stop the Gram from engaging the mysterious Mage...but to no avail...The power armor was at an ramming speed...

KLAMBAM!

As the dust settle from the impact of Gram ramming the armor...Albert felt like his body being push around against his will...The Gram regained balance from the charge and locked onto his target..."How the hell do you fight this Mage? As a guy without any experience in combat, I am pretty much asking for a death wish..." Suddenly, a weapon materialised in his right arm...

Suddenly the opposing mage charged at Albert, the power armor dodged the attack by the Mage if oh so barely... "Meatbag, fire the shotgun, he is right up close against you" Panicking, Albert fired a round off the shotgun which caused the opponent to wince back before attacking him with a lightning bolt, Albert then raised Garm's arms in defense

"Asorb Loader Activated"

A shield emanted from the Garm and the attack was nullified by the field and his arms glowed yellow..."Activate Special Ability: Return Breaker" Albert nods and suddenly, the Garm ejects 2 Cartridges..."RETURN BREAKER! ACTIVATE!" And a powerful Electronic blast fired off the Garm and directly at the enemy..."Did we beat it?" SIGURD Analysed the dust..."Scanning for enemy..."
I see that Garmis doing all the work here... Has he been taking hints from Mach Calibur?

And I heard "Meatbag". Does Garm know Artherion as well?
Old 2007-09-06, 06:33   Link #8974
Aaron008R

Backlog eh? Almaria?

Almaria: [Yes?]

Please do the honors.

Almaria: [Hai. Proceeding with information dissemination at average level of output...]

Quote:
Hmmm...

Seems I've been making a habit of posting "previews" lately

Anyways, more Snippet Time, with another short piece, which continues from this snippet, concerning a certain AI.

Spoiler for Searcher:
I LIKE THIS!
Kay's now a mom.
Glock's now a da-*shot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Hyena: Hey, who's the pig?

Pumbaa: Are you talking to me?

Timon: Uh-oh, they called him a pig.

Pumbaa: Are YOU TALKING to ME?

Timon: Ya shouldn'ta done that.

Pumbaa: ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?!

Timon: NOW you're in for it!

Pumbaa: THEY CALL ME, MIS-TER PIIIIG! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Ahh~... memories...

Quote:
<nods> Thanks. And don't worry about the bad mood thing - it happens with all of us - we all have our little beserk buttons.
Thanks. I just got too professional for a bit... And about Apalis, a thirty minute break in between maximum loads should provide for enough cooldown...

Quote:
No fair... no fair... NO FAIR!!! I was gonna do that!

Quote:
<sits in Corner of Woe a la Tamaki>

I'm not mentioned... I'm not mentioned... I'M NOT MENTIONED! UGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU<gasp>UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUU<gasp>UUUUUUUUUU!
Eheh... Sorry... But I included the FFnet writers only... which reminds me...

Saint X: Expected to be good in an epic HAXX sense. With lotsa insights from Kyla.

And of course...

Reiji: Expected to b good in a romance movie sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
@Lowe: A very touching piece, I must say. Shinji's departure was well-described, along with Kay's emotions, but, as said before- what will happen now? I am intrigued, good sir, and I await more.

If any of you recall the scene in which V assaults a group of Numbers and guards, I've also done another version...much more...ehm, how should I say this...vicious. This is what would happen if V got cheesed before he faced Scag...or, in the least, a snippet of it.

Spoiler for Bloody Masquerade:

This is only alternate, but...

Don't mess with V.

I found writing this to be somewhat hard, and, as with the former piece off of which I based this, partly painful, too. But...do tell me what you all think of this.
OH. MY. GOD!!!
You offed Nove!
Intense scenario is INTENSE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
I just did a massive update on Katsuhito's profile. Tell me what you think!
I'll get to it when I come back. Same goes for Satty's new character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tals View Post
Why "Entropy?" Well, aside from just being a cool name, I plan on abusing the aforementioned "lingering mental effects" of it's proto-Unison abilities to have a whole mess of wacky psychological hijinks, and the scientific term for chaos seems like a good name for a device that is infused with the remnants of countless other people's minds.

Glad you like his name, I've always felt like anytime someone is named Guy in an anime he's doomed to be a secondary character who supports the protagonist, and perhaps takes a bullet/sword for him. So I'm setting out to change that with a Guy who's a little less "self-sacrificing support character" a little more "maniacally overconfident protagonist."

And he has an age, I just plan on writing starting from the beginning, and if his profile started there it'd be sorta boring.
Device: None
Abilities: Worthless
Specialization: Doesn't like working
etc, would be a bit of a letdown don't you think. This way everyone can see what direction I plan on taking him, but still leave enough leeway to write in new stuff as it comes up.

Well that bit came from an idea I had when they were discussing the different types of barriers(hey, a perfect excuse to go watch a bunch of Nanoha, it's for Research!) It seemed to me that every time someone used a barrier it was to block an incoming attack, so what would happen if you angled it slightly and instead tried to deflect it. Then I got to thinking, can't they shape barriers, why not use cone shaped ones to deflect beam attacks around yourself, or use them like mirrors to ricochet long range attacks back at an enemy. Seems they've got a lot of uses to me, some of them perhaps requiring a lot of extra energy, some just requiring a little basic geometry.

Where is it, I keep getting this feeling that theres an easier way to find this stuff that doesn't involve trekking through 400 pages of unrelated discussion just to find one character's profile.

As for all this discussion about multiverses and other such shenanigan's, I prefer to think of it as a bunch of smaller alternate universes that all follow the same temporal path, that way you don't get into any trouble with time travel paradoxes and dimensional paradoxes both running amok making everything impossible to understand. Though to get technical, I'm pretty sure time is constant throughout all universes, since it's for the most part arbitrary, the difference would be in the direction that it seems to flow. Ours goes from low entropy to high (egg is whole, egg is dropped on floor, egg is now shattered into a random assortment of pieces), but others could have no flow or one that goes in some other direction. But enough armchair physics, I'll leave those things to the professionals, they all probably like doing calculus, unlike me.

Moving on, I've got more of Entropy's abilities written up, and is it just me or is the hardest part coming up with names that don't sound goofy as hell.

Spoiler for Entropy: Abilities:

And to tie it all off, I've gotten started on some actual writing, just to make sure I can still form coherent thoughts and write dialog. Here's hoping.

Spoiler for Introductions::
I like where this is going. Please continue.

Quote:
I’m with you too in the crusade against rampant perversion!
Ah! An ally!

Quote:
*Blast off to hide in a cloaked ship in deep space*

Just not right now mind you...
WTF! COME BACK HERE YOU FR-*shot multiple times*

Quote:
Seriously though I was just kind of watching while shaking my head and sighing over all the guys going bonkers over that little thing.
It's more fun for the maker if they react that way. Even if it's a little silly.

Quote:
She's a grown up girl now *points to Reiji's post* and since she's missing out on the lurve... she'll-

Ragnarok Breaker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Creator-Kun
Hmm...
Personally, I wanted to do it myself... but I don't do CCXOC pairings. PLUS, I may be reasonably good in the platonic affection department... But I'm currently no good in rabu-rabu scenarios.

And after reading about the NXY development in AlternateS, I know that Hayate is in good hands.

MAKE IT GOOD, SAINT X!!!

Quote:
They know, but Nanoha and Keroko don't encourage it. Hayate on the other hand, wants to promote it. She believes that Fate would feel the pressure and stick to Kha closer, but of course tells no one, not even her older sister that. Yeah she's evil.
Ohoh... I think a few minor edits are in order... I need it for my script... Sorry. <coughharemcoughsettingcough>

Quote:
I can imagine Fate taking revenge and tease Signum to no end about it
That'll be fun to watch!

Quote:
Is that the other OC who likes Signum as well?
Yes... In a more rival way.

Quote:
*washes blood-stained hands*

*eyes lose glaze*

Ara, what happened? Ketchup?

Quote:
There are more than enough people here willing to give her all the Love and Attention she needs

In a parental way of course
Accurate.

Quote:
... You talk about how "pure-minded" you are... yet you bait us with such "cute descriptions"!! That's pure, yes... PURE EVIL!!!!

BTW, when will there be more?
It's fun seeing everyone else's reactions.
I just love it when I utilize things that seem so wrong in a colloquial sense but is perfectly innocent in the by the book sense.
Anyway, I still enjoy them in a normal healthy male teenager sense. But I tend t prioritize gentlemanly attitudes towards girls in life.

False hints are much more fun than obvious hints or the thing themselves.

And about more, allow me to think about it.

Quote:

Ahh... As to be expected from Lowe-aniki!

Myself, I don't bother too much with that... It just goes like this for me...

I determine my fate.
My fate is my destiny.
My destiny is predetermined.
I determine my destiny.

It doesn't really matter... All those words and concepts were made by the very same people who argue about them. In the end, one could say that he determined his destiny. But then one can say that this destiny is predetermined. And then the cycle/argument goes on...

It's like a paradox. As long as two opposing beliefs clash, it will always be there.

More later...
WHEN MY FRICKIN CONNECTION STOPS FAILING ME!!!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-06, 06:35   Link #8975
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More Snippet Time

Continuing from the last short piece, this time taking a rather unusual tack in telling this story. The title of the piece should explain why:

Spoiler for I.M.:

I think I really need a name for this Arc...

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-09-06 at 07:27.
Old 2007-09-06, 06:36   Link #8976
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Is it strange that I find this scene unintentionally funny? I mean here we have V, badass extraordinaire, acting his awesome self, only to find that his opponent is a one of the most powerful dark Dragons in existence
As long as he doesn't know what he's facing, he will continue being arrogant, too.

Quote:
In Luke's mind, the image probably DOES NOT COMPUTE He'd be a historian's dream though, since events in their distant past are relatively fresh in his mind
Exactly. Yoda valued his visits to the Jedi temple. The librarians, however, hated him because they were convinced of the accuracy of their jedi archives, and Jake was a walking contradiction. The fact that he loved to point out errors in the archives (he hated the librarians) didn't help either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
And, I decided to write up a short piece to continue Keroko's in a way.

Spoiler for Segment:

Heh, shortest work I've ever written so far. Apologies, Keroko, if you had other plans...I just had to conjure up a continuation of that fine work of yours.
Oi ve, V doesn't know what he's getting himself into. I'll continue as soon as possible, but I have a few other things I want to write as well.

Quote:
One question though: When Keroko enters that state, is it really Neltharion talking, or a piece of him that thinks that it's Neltharion?
Technically it is Neltharion. In the fanon timeline, the the small fragment of power has no consiousness. In DragonS it gained one during a failed attempt to remove the fragment, said consiousness grew untill it returned all its meories, and eventually took control of Keroko. So it is, basically, a second Neltharion. Far weaker then the first, which is why the one inside Keroko tries to seek out himself. he can't stand being in such a weak mortal shell (Neltharion has a massive ego complex).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
@Keroko: I like that idea of the awakening scenario. Timeline?
Once again a simple idea gets horrbly out of hand. I don't have a timeline yet. It was only a simple idea yesterday, so I still need to work on it.

Quote:
The AI was And Dragon kings are usually very territory... Well, Caro should be safe... As long as she doesn't summon her dragon king
Guess that means Keroko is in trouble, as she holds a fragment of Neltharion, who basically dubbed himself the lord of all dragons.

Quote:
Yes, yes he is.

I also meant to add one more to that list but forgot it in all my pasting, which sucks cause it's arguably the best one IMO.
What to do if you're turned invisible…
Makes you wonder what would happen if Chrono ever managed to gethis hands on Quattro's IS.

Fate:
*In the showers* "Chrono, are you there?"

Chrono:
".... Nope."

Quote:
Well the SGC has a fairly simple approach to many problems; blow it up, with the biggest bomb you can find and if you don’t have one improvise (If we hurl this stargate connected to a black hole into the sun... SUPERNOVA!!!)
Simplicity can be so much more fun then complexity at times.

Quote:
I'm not sure whether V is courageous, foolhardy or just plain stupid in trying to face up against Neltharion
I'd say ignorant.

Quote:
And lol at Very Vengeful Women...... does that mean... Keroko-chan is one too...??

*feels something sharp next to his throat*

Ke-Keroko-kun...that was just a joke... a joke...!! W-Wait--!!!

*insert bloody scene here*
*whipes the blood of Artherion* Anyway, Keroko might get vengefull if you touch her friends or familly (pre-Black Aspect corruption instinct, they used to be guardians) which mostly depends on what you did and why. Quattro, for example, would be royally screwed if Keroko got her hands on her. Graham, on the other hand, got of lightly. He screwed around with Hayate, and Keroko did not like that, but she could see logic in his reasoning. She's still a bit reluctant to be around him, but she doesn't outright hate him.

Quote:

“Hey Carter watch this!”

“No don’t touch th---“

*Ship explodes*

“Wonder what---“
*Explosions*

“Hey---“
*massive explosions*

“I---“
Yes, please do.

Quote:
Oi oi oi, even an awakened Keroko is not that powerfull. True, she is very powerfull, but she's still beatable. Can she kick around everyone? Yes. Is she immortal/unbeatable? No. Wouldn't be a fun story otherwise, now would it?

Quote:

*Throws a bucket of water over Bastion* You back on earth yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
After a long delay with my second character in Thunder Squad (13th total, if I'm right), I'm done with my 14th character and the thrid member of Thunder Squad.
Lot of copying...should be blatantly obvious Also, first artificial heterochromatic OC here.

Spoiler for Thunder 3:

@ Nighty: Your possible new character...is he from Persona 3?
Loooong character bio, and a new magic style to boot! I might just use it for Tycho, since it sounds a bit Force-ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
The Battle Continues...

KLAMBAM!

"Asorb Loader Activated"

Meatbag? Artherion's cousin?

Yes Kha, I went back to HK-47 Artherion. Gurren Lagann crack wore off.
Old 2007-09-06, 07:22   Link #8977
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I LIKE THIS!
Kay's now a mom.
Glock's now a da-*shot*

*peers into Glowing Scrying Ball*

That'll come about much much later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
Ah! An ally!

WTF! COME BACK HERE YOU FR-*shot multiple times*
Hard to find real allies here nowadays

Quote:
It's fun seeing everyone else's reactions.
I just love it when I utilize things that seem so wrong in a colloquial sense but is perfectly innocent in the by the book sense.
Anyway, I still enjoy them in a normal healthy male teenager sense. But I tend t prioritize gentlemanly attitudes towards girls in life.

False hints are much more fun than obvious hints or the thing themselves.

And about more, allow me to think about it.
Quoted for truth, although that doesn't stop us from adding more hidden meanings into the words and making it more... fun to imagine

Quote:
More later...
WHEN MY FRICKIN CONNECTION STOPS FAILING ME!!!
SmartBro failing you again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Exactly. Yoda valued his visits to the Jedi temple. The librarians, however, hated him because they were convinced of the accuracy of their jedi archives, and Jake was a walking contradiction. The fact that he loved to point out errors in the archives (he hated the librarians) didn't help either.
Oh what petiness... the Historians really want to keep their reputations and prides intact don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Makes you wonder what would happen if Chrono ever managed to gethis hands on Quattro's IS.

Fate:
*In the showers* "Chrono, are you there?"

Chrono:
".... Nope."

More like...

Fate: *in the showers peeking out* Onii-chan, are you there?

*sees drops of blood appearing on floor leading outwards*

Old 2007-09-06, 07:40   Link #8978
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That'll be fun to watch!
Forgive me, I don't have anything to offer at the moment

How about another karaoke session with the CC characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Guess that means Keroko is in trouble, as she holds a fragment of Neltharion, who basically dubbed himself the lord of all dragons.
Technically, Keroko is already in trouble for being a women prone to anger and violence

Quote:

More like...

*sees drops of blood appearing on floor leading outwards*

Actually...

Chrono: Actually, it's Yuuno here...
Old 2007-09-06, 07:44   Link #8979
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Forgive me, I don't have anything to offer at the moment

How about another karaoke session with the CC characters?
~Don't they know, it's the end of the world...~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Actually...

*Watches as Fate Zeus Zambers Yuuno*

Chrono: *Gendou Pose*

JUST AS PLANNED

Old 2007-09-06, 08:08   Link #8980
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Gale:

That one dude from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3...

As a possible character?

Not that I object, of course...seeing him will be interesting...

@USB:

Yes, good sir...Nove has indeed passed in that scenario. It -is- an alternative take, but...it's a reminder not to get in V's way when he's angered to the point shown in that segment.

To answer your question about Thursday, him, Lady Tuesday and Count Saturday are still "missing"- trying to find good pictures to describe them hasn't given any results yet.

And, to whoever said V was foolhardy for attempting to face Keroko/Neltharion...he just likes a challenge.

V might not know what he's getting himself into, yes...but it'll be fun to watch.

@Lowe:

More "Girlfriend of Steel" referencing, I think...? What with Mana and all. Nice snippet- and also a nice twist on Matsuri's "name", too.

@Tals: A very well though out ability list for Entropy, there. I see gravity magic allows for a more unique range of attacks than most other elements. And I don't know why, but Entropy's manner of speech, being pleased by its own wit and all...reminds me of 343 Guilty Spark from Halo. Don't ask why.

@Satty: Indeed, a long bio...and, as said, a nice new magic system. Detailed, I must say...since it's long, I'll keep this brief (I hope you don't mind), but it is indeed good. On a side-note, unless I've been an idiot and missed him/her, where is Thunder 1? I only recall seeing Thunder 2 onwards, minus 4.

And...

Quote:
Actually...

Quote:
*Watches as Fate Zeus Zambers Yuuno*

Chrono: *Gendou Pose*

JUST AS PLANNED
And thus, the madness ensues...

As for "Masquerade", expect the second part of that piece up shortly. I'm burdening myself now- this, Storm of Silver epilogue and Edgar vs. Signum. But I'll manage somehow.
Closed Thread