Daniel E. - 10

i0td - 23

JOJOS'STAR - 30
Old 2006-09-29, 03:03   Link #82
Dorasaga

Cool vote for ^Aya^ 02 - Azumanga Daioh

^Aya^
note: the Azumanga Daioh banner

I think Halloween needs a little party-feel, some "moriagare", so cute factor is not necessary, but lively characters and some funky facial expression are necessary. I will never choose the banner with a flat smiling face and only one character in it.
Old 2006-09-29, 03:17   Link #83
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm a little bit puzzled by one banner that hasn't been nominated. (It's near the top of my list though I haven't yet made up my mind.)While 2 of JOJOS'STAR's banners have been nominated, what about #29? Despite not having been nominated, I thought it was his best:

I really love the way the spooky shape rises out of the pumpkin's silhouette. Where are those shadowy figures taken from? Anyone know? (Please tell me that it is an erogame!) And of course Etna gets points for being Etna... even though she seems to be in loli-mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Green²-18
Hellychan-23
Daniel E- 12
The nomination for Hellychan-23 was discarded because it is confusing. Banner 23 was made by i0td. I'll still count the other two.

And in case anyone is wondering, it is still anyone's game to get into the top 12. Only a dozen banners have more than 3 votes so the threshold for qualification is really quite low. Less than half a dozen votes could make any banner into a contender right now.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-09-29 at 03:46.
Old 2006-09-29, 03:20   Link #84
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
JOJO, your banner needs more BOOBIES.... then its Halloween pumpkin juice...
Old 2006-09-29, 03:38   Link #85
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa

I really love the way the spooky shape rises out of the pumpkin's silhouette. Where are those shadowy figures taken from? Anyone know? (Please tell me that it isn't an erogame!) .
Ask and you shall recieve.

Oh, and she is not raising out of the pumpkin, she is dressed with the pumpkin.

Dont have a clue about the ero-game part though
Old 2006-09-29, 03:42   Link #86
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Deathkillz - 13

Black butterflys, cool patterning, intricate and beautiful workmanship. Plus I love the purple on black/orange color scheme. Just too stylish for words.

JOJOS'STAR - 29

I voted for this one because of the reasons I mentioned in my previous post. It's just one of the most stylishly fun banners in the contest!

sousu - 80

Well Lilith does rock hard, but that isn't the reason I voted for this banner. I love this one for the mood. That setting sun sky behind the branches is the reason I voted for this one.

My biggest regret was not voting on any of Kairin's banners. I hope she doesn't hate me for that. At least I can rest easily knowing that she will be in the top 12, even though I feel a little bit guilty for not helping to put her there. There were so many other banners I really wanted to vote for (such as mantidor's #49 and Kiva128's #38 among others), but I just couldn't manage to vote for every banner that I loved... Darn these rules keeping me from voting on more banners! It's gonna be really tough in the next stage when I can only vote for 1 of the 12 best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Ask and you shall recieve.

Dont have a clue about the ero-game part though
Thanks Daniel. What are those pictures from? As for the ero-game reference... Jojo takes a lot of his source images from erogame art. I've come to expect that answer whenever I ask him about sources.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-09-29, 04:00   Link #87
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Thanks Daniel. What are those pictures from? As for the ero-game reference... Jojo takes a lot of his source images from erogame art.
Well, I got them all at the boyis wallpaper site; So the only thing I can make out of them is the Wagamama Capriccio name. I checked my folders again, and not even one of them is hentai. (Have 4, maybe 6 of the same series).

Quote:
And in case anyone is wondering, it is still anyone's game to get into the top 12. Only a dozen banners have more than 3 votes so the threshold for qualification is really quite low. Less than half a dozen votes could make any banner into a contender right now.
Yes, my numbers agree with this. There are a ton of banners with 2 or 3 votes, wich means that even a single member can make quite a difference at this point.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2006-09-29 at 04:12.
Old 2006-09-29, 05:48   Link #88
Erawyn

Daniel E. - 10

Daniel E. - 11

i0td - 23

Wow, was really hard to choose from, good job everyone
Old 2006-09-29, 06:51   Link #89
Green²
It's bacon!

CrowKenobi - 09

Deathkillz - 13

taruchan - 82
Old 2006-09-29, 08:13   Link #90
Shiemi
Counting days

Hellychan - 22

JOJOS'STAR - 29

mantidor - 49
Old 2006-09-29, 08:34   Link #91
bluefrog_111
Peachy!!

Send a message via AIM to bluefrog_111 Send a message via MSN to bluefrog_111 Send a message via Yahoo to bluefrog_111
Based on just what I know of good layout... I personally only had it down to four... and looking back over those I came up with these three:

SlugZilla - 81
i0td - 24
Daniel E. - 12

Edit by NSW: I'm invalidating your vote for SlugZilla - 81 as too confusing since banner #81 was made by sousu. Your other two nominations have been counted.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-09-30 at 01:20.
Old 2006-09-29, 08:36   Link #92
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Thanks Daniel. What are those pictures from? As for the ero-game reference... Jojo takes a lot of his source images from erogame art. I've come to expect that answer whenever I ask him about sources.
Well, a little research turned her up. It's from an ero-game. Here's a link to the Youtube of the promotional video (Not safe for work). And a link to one of hundreds of sites offering Melissa Salafi (that's her name) in PVC form.
Old 2006-09-29, 08:37   Link #93
Rin-Sama
Banned

i must suck. noone has nominated any of mine :'(
Old 2006-09-29, 09:11   Link #94
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
And a link to one of hundreds of sites offering Melissa Salafi (that's her name) in PVC form.
Totally forgot to mention her name.

All the wallpapers I have look so innocent and cute, Guess anything can be Hentai nowdays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
i must suck. no one has nominated any of mine :'(
Thats not what my numbers are telling me.
Old 2006-09-29, 09:47   Link #95
Rin-Sama
Banned

what numbers pretell?
Old 2006-09-29, 09:58   Link #96
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
what numbers pretell?
In your case, that would be the ones on page 2 of this thread. There are two votes for one of your banners there.

Of course, it is also worth mentioning that my count is totally unofficial. I am only doing it for the heck of it.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2006-09-29 at 10:23.
Old 2006-09-29, 10:08   Link #97
Rin-Sama
Banned

OK i see now... but you got to realized that one of them is myself nominating myself....
Old 2006-09-29, 11:25   Link #98
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Green² - 20
Kiva128 - 38
mantidor - 49

Holy hell that was hard... I could easily select many many more I would want at the top of the forum... Well done guys they're all fantastic.
Old 2006-09-29, 14:28   Link #99
Dene
Meow~~

my votes gos to

^Aya^ - 01
Green² - 18
SlugZilla - 78
Old 2006-09-29, 15:03   Link #100
BellaD

Kyosuke Misaki - 42
mantidor - 49
sousu - 80

These are the ones that did it for me, there was a whole lot in there that I thought just looked cute but did not fit into the halloween theme at all.
Who is the friend of all.
--
Closed Thread

Tags
banner contest, contest