AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-17, 09:30   Link #35421
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New banner for Halloween featuring Cleopatra and Osakabehime.

They're baiting me hard. I'm going through Babylonia and was thinking I really should raise an Assassin. I haven't bothered with Assassins or Berserkers because I couldn't find a servant three stars or below that I both like and was good. So I'm thinking of trying for Cleopatra, who seems really good save for the demerit on her NP. Of course, I can only spend 60 SQs so odds are I won't get her, but sometimes one pull is all you need. I was saving for Space Ishtar but filling the regular classes slots first would probably be smarter.

What do you guys think? My ideal Assassin would be Kama but she had a banner not long ago so she's not coming back any time soon.
Old 2022-10-17, 12:09   Link #35422
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
New banner for Halloween featuring Cleopatra and Osakabehime.

They're baiting me hard. I'm going through Babylonia and was thinking I really should raise an Assassin. I haven't bothered with Assassins or Berserkers because I couldn't find a servant three stars or below that I both like and was good. So I'm thinking of trying for Cleopatra, who seems really good save for the demerit on her NP. Of course, I can only spend 60 SQs so odds are I won't get her, but sometimes one pull is all you need. I was saving for Space Ishtar but filling the regular classes slots first would probably be smarter.

What do you guys think? My ideal Assassin would be Kama but she had a banner not long ago so she's not coming back any time soon.
I'm probably the worst player here, but I wouldn't really go for either unless you're dying for an AoE Assassin.

My 2 cents: Osakabehime's a quick-support Assassin, which is nice, but if you're going to use Support characters.....this is Caster/Grand Order, after all.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-17, 12:14   Link #35423
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
I'm probably the worst player here, but I wouldn't really go for either unless you're dying for an AoE Assassin.

My 2 cents: Osakabehime's a quick-support Assassin, which is nice, but if you're going to use Support characters.....this is Caster/Grand Order, after all.
Oh, I'm definitely not going for Osakabehime. Support Assassin sounds like a terrible idea.

Only Cleopatra caught my eye.
Old 2022-10-17, 15:18   Link #35424
GDB

Quote:
Oh, I'm definitely not going for Osakabehime. Support Assassin sounds like a terrible idea.
Koyanskaya of Light begs to differ.

Difference between them is one is good and the other isn't. The class itself doesn't determine if it'd be a good support or not.

As for Cleo... meh?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-17, 15:33   Link #35425
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

I'd say don't bother. Which I don't really like saying because I used to use her a lot, but...

Wait until you've also got something you want among the 4 stars. Also, a good ST assassin is probably more important than a good AoE.

Still, Cleopatra has good NP gain with her 2nd skill. Shame her 1st one is so unreliable.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-17, 18:39   Link #35426
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess I'll wait until MHX's banner which overlaps with Space Ishtar's banner. Should have quite a bit saved then. Unless you guys tell me she's no good either. I'm not seeing any other Assassins on rate up before her (but it's not like I can tell everyone's class at first glance), and after that I'll need to save for Nero Bride and more importantly Castoria who is a must have. May even skip Nero Bride despite how much I love Nero depending on how many SQs I'll have then.

I'm still tempted to do one 11 roll on the Halloween banner because the CEs are pretty good.
Old 2022-10-17, 22:39   Link #35427
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I guess I'll wait until MHX's banner which overlaps with Space Ishtar's banner. Should have quite a bit saved then. Unless you guys tell me she's no good either. I'm not seeing any other Assassins on rate up before her (but it's not like I can tell everyone's class at first glance), and after that I'll need to save for Nero Bride and more importantly Castoria who is a must have. May even skip Nero Bride despite how much I love Nero depending on how many SQs I'll have then.

I'm still tempted to do one 11 roll on the Halloween banner because the CEs are pretty good.
She's good*

*she's actually really good but her points of comparison are Jack the Ripper and fucking Kama so she can feel underwhelming in that sense.
Old 2022-10-18, 00:27   Link #35428
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think she's good, but I've had Jack longer. Still, her anti-Saber niche just isn't very useful when you've got archers.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-18, 05:08   Link #35429
MartianMage

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
90++ 3T

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Halloween Rebellion no RNG 3T
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-19, 09:33   Link #35430
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
She's good*

*she's actually really good but her points of comparison are Jack the Ripper and fucking Kama so she can feel underwhelming in that sense.
That's more than good enough. Kama isn't coming back (as an Assassin at least) for years and Jack is apparently on the Valentine banner but I'm not sure how it works since it has a million servants in it.

The GSSR banner is going to be pretty pivotal with planning how I'm going to spend my SQ for 2023.

Update: I did the 11 roll on the Halloween banner for the taunt CE and I got what I wanted. As an unexpected and welcome bonus, I even got Achilles! Ironically, he has taunt in his kit. He seems like a very solid servant overall, will definitely be a step up from Astolfo.

Almost finished with Babylonia. Not much to say about the story since the anime adaptation was very faithful, but on the gameplay side, I did not expect Ushiwakamaru to be the biggest pain in the ass of the Singularity. Chaos tide certainly didn't help. I just said fuck it and used my command spells instead of restarting the fight. I liked her in the anime but I think I hate her now
Old 2022-10-19, 16:55   Link #35431
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

Almost finished with Babylonia. Not much to say about the story since the anime adaptation was very faithful, but on the gameplay side, I did not expect Ushiwakamaru to be the biggest pain in the ass of the Singularity. Chaos tide certainly didn't help. I just said fuck it and used my command spells instead of restarting the fight. I liked her in the anime but I think I hate her now
Ah yeah.. The Ushi fight... The one that annoyed me more than Tiamat, as the latter could just get blasted with Siegfried and Georgius.
PS: Tia doesn't have a dragon attribute, just as a warning. - At least not the one you need for Siegfried's Dragon Killer blast.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-19, 18:39   Link #35432
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Ah yeah.. The Ushi fight... The one that annoyed me more than Tiamat, as the latter could just get blasted with Siegfried and Georgius.
PS: Tia doesn't have a dragon attribute, just as a warning. - At least not the one you need for Siegfried's Dragon Killer blast.
Tiamat is easy mode, with Eresh buffs and Merlin healing you every turn. She wasn't a threat in any of her fight.

I had more trouble against the army of Lahmus when you start to climb her body. King Hassan suffered some unfortunate critical blows at the beginning of the fight so instant death NP (it actually worked!) was off the table. Took me 40 turns
I really should have just restarted the fight when he kicked the bucket and fielded both him and Cu, though I don't know if Gae Bolg would have been as effective.
Old 2022-10-20, 06:59   Link #35433
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Cleo's decent enough. If you like her and have the spare SQ then yeah go ahead.

Paisen is my most widely used AOE Assassin and for sure Cleo is way easier to use than her. You can make anyone work in this game if you really care enough

Comparing Cleo to Kama and Jack is an apples to oranges thing BTW....those two are for killing single bosses straight up.
Old 2022-10-20, 08:06   Link #35434
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I won't push my luck. I spent 30SQs on that banner and got the CE and Achilles so I'll take that win. I'm f2p (only exception being the upcoming GSSR, since at least you know you're getting something) so I don't have much SQ to spare. If they implemented a pity system I would consider spending money but as it is now, no fucking way. I would rage quit if I spent like 100€ and got absolutely nothing to show for it.
Old 2022-10-20, 08:22   Link #35435
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I won't push my luck. I spent 30SQs on that banner and got the CE and Achilles so I'll take that win. I'm f2p (only exception being the upcoming GSSR, since at least you know you're getting something) so I don't have much SQ to spare. If they implemented a pity system I would consider spending money but as it is now, no fucking way. I would rage quit if I spent like 100€ and got absolutely nothing to show for it.
They have a pity system

If you roll 10 copies of SSR units you already have at NP 5, you get one free SSR

I've used this exactly once despite having been a borderline Leviathan in terms of spending.

It's honestly worse than if they had nothing since it means they at least thought about it and this is what they came up with.
Old 2022-10-20, 11:45   Link #35436
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm aware of that, but I'm not sure pity is the right word here. The requirements are absolutely ridiculous.
Old 2022-10-20, 13:00   Link #35437
Rasen

Quote:
I'm aware of that, but I'm not sure pity is the right word here. The requirements are absolutely ridiculous.
You have to understand, for us Oldies, there was no Pity system until....2 anniversaries ago? So, while 350 is ridiculous, it's infinitely better than before.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-20, 13:55   Link #35438
XFire
150% done

Quote:
That's the point, I was being sarcastic lol

If it was at least "free SSR for every copy of an SSR you've NP 5'd" you might be able to get some decent mileage put of it for long term players.

Needing ten copies is absurd
Old 2022-10-21, 08:38   Link #35439
grecefar

Well I got my alter cu ready so I'm gonna try demeter again.

I'm going to berserk my way with sq and command and nuke that bastard.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-22, 12:15   Link #35440
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's my birthday today so I decided to spend some SQs on a whim (single pulls, 30SQs would have been too much). Since the Halloween banner is the only one currently up I didn't really have a choice, and I actually ended up with Cleopatra!

So my Assassin spot is finally filled. She may not be the best around but I'm very happy.

Now starts the long process of leveling her, Achilles, and Mash. Damn APs. Once I'm done I'll start the Solomon singularity. God of War Ragnarok will probably be released by then though, so that'll be in December most likely. I should be on time for the Saber Wars re-run which requires Solomon to be cleared. I'm obviously forced to pass on Imaginary Scramble, since that requires the first Lost Belt to be cleared.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon