AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-30, 08:10   Link #141
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The butcher was always fun. Nothing like that room of his in Diablo, one of the best parts in the game.
I remeber killing him in Diablo II as well, probably one of the more memorable moments.

Using his weapon later after killing him I thought was so frikin' cool at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Dark isn't scary, it's going into the first area in Diablo 1 and open the door into the Butcher's Room and doing a naked corpse run.
Old 2008-06-30, 10:15   Link #142
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That gameplay video is such a tease, it looks so complete but I'm sure the final product is years away
Desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 10:32   Link #143
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Onyxia actually. But pretty darn funny either way. It was made even better with the video. ^^

Anyway, Diablo 3 looks great...but I'm not gonna get hyped up over a game that won't be out for at least another year. On the other hand, I'm so freaking glad that the commotion over the splash screen is done and over with.
On the server Chromaggus On my server there was this guy Rogon who is quite well known for his swearing and calling his guild members names when sh.t hits the fan during raids. That is also where the whelps east side/west side is from during a Onxyia raid.

Somewhat OT, i actually dig up the old links. Watch/listen at your own risk, a lot of foul language and swearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Hmmm... it seems my LoD disc has died after all these years of inactivity... oh well, time to go buy a new one. Cheap!
Don't bother. It was about one and a half year ago that i last played D2. I remember the servers being in a terrible state. I couldn't even teleport with my enigma hammerdin without getting a disconnect message. I doubt blizzard has fixed up the servers and made it playable. Also hate how characters expire if you don't log on for to long. Was a real pain to refresh 20 mules or so ~~

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders

Last edited by Sephi; 2008-06-30 at 10:46. Reason: Edit: added link
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 16:11   Link #144
Jaden

It's gonna have a cowlevel right? and built-in maphack and bots because they might as well be
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 20:43   Link #145
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The mystery creature looked like a penguin, so I expect we'll see a penguin level.
Old 2008-06-30, 22:39   Link #146
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

When this game hits the shelves, productivity all over the world will see a sudden drop. Again.

Yes, that includes mine.
Old 2008-07-01, 01:12   Link #147
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

If this game hits next spring, it will coincide with what's basically 24/7 vacation time for me, which is just perfect.
Old 2008-07-01, 01:24   Link #148
iwubanime
FMP wubber

I just watched the gameplay vid, it was nice!

I am pretty excited for this!!
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 06:26   Link #149
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

This looks awsome ..i always liked D1 & D2 and im glad a 3 is finaly on its way ...
But i just wish they kept it under wraps till it was closer to completion ..now we all suffer for a year or 2 before its release lol ..owell ..atleas its comming ..cant wait to play it on me 36" LCD

Oh btw i also installed me old D2 and LOD but almost cried when it said it wouldnt run with Vista ..luckily the 1.12 patch sorts this ..kinda ..need to make sure you set the game to run in windows 95 compatibility mode or it jerks all over the place.

Well it did for me using Vista ultimate on a Dell XPS 720 2HC .. so just a warning there for any1 trying to install on Vista.
SolarNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 08:39   Link #150
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I never played the first Diablo game but I was a big fan of D2. I wonder what kind of graphics engine it is using because it looks similar to either Warcraft 3 or Starcraft 2.
Old 2008-07-01, 09:52   Link #151
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

i wouldn't doubt if it's just a modified version of the SC2 engine
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 23:18   Link #152
Snuffle
likes cute things

I must say, I will be one very unhappy camper if there is no Pali . He was always my favorite to use over the years
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 23:50   Link #153
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
I'm just hoping they bring back the atmosphere from the original Diablo. The second one was just sorely lacking in the creepiness department and not once did I really feel like I was being threatened. It devolved into a monster killfest unlike the first which actually filled you with fear. Nothing like walking into the catacombs and coming across 10+ acid-spitting dogs, or the caves with those horned demons that charged you, or the stormlords further on down. And the Butcher, who has been mentioned plenty of times. Nothing like his "AHHH FRESH MEAT!!!" cry to send a chill down your spine.

I really did like seeing that demonic creature popping out of that building though in the gameplay video though and it does build hope that we'll see a return to the atmosphere.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 00:50   Link #154
brocko

Which petition shall you sign?

To change

Or

Not to change?

Some images to maybe help you decide:

While i must say the altered images do imo capture that dark and gothic feel of the first two games a lot better than the original images, you do have to remember that Diablo III is after all set 2 decades into the future. The world is a much livelier and nicer place as opposed to before... that was of course until the comet hit New Tristram. It would be nice if the art were to slowly shift and become darker as we progress through the game though.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 00:56   Link #155
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well I'd like to be able to see what I'm doing, and I don't want to kill my computer with graphics that rock too hard.
Old 2008-07-02, 04:32   Link #156
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Which petition shall you sign?

To change

Or

Not to change?

Some images to maybe help you decide:

While i must say the altered images do imo capture that dark and gothic feel of the first two games a lot better than the original images, you do have to remember that Diablo III is after all set 2 decades into the future. The world is a much livelier and nicer place as opposed to before... that was of course until the comet hit New Tristram. It would be nice if the art were to slowly shift and become darker as we progress through the game though.
I agree the dark gritty altered pics look better and more fitting for a Diablo game but that would mean they have to go back and change all the color schemes again and probably push the release date back another year or something. That I don't want, heh.
Old 2008-07-02, 04:38   Link #157
Xacual

Just me but I prefer the look of the new game. I mean I killed 3 of the Prime Evils and 2 of the lesser evils, the world better look like a nicer place then it was before.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 04:53   Link #158
Blaat

I agree with Xacual, and who knows maybe as we go deeper into the game the game will be more colourless? (I doubt it but it would be a cool effect) Still if you hate it that much you can always lower the contrast and brightness of your monitor.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 09:20   Link #159
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

It's only 2 small zones shown so far and people are already complaining about it.

I'll take the devs word that D1 and D2 were a lot more colorful than people like to remember.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 09:47   Link #160
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

In all honestly it's not a question of textures it's just a question lighting. People don't seem to like the current lighting and shading which is in all honesty just a petty personal preferance. I don't agree with the comments that the game isn't "realistic enough"; if your preferance is realism go to the damned scemetary and hit on dead people for all I care, if your so in love with realism of death. Diablo isn't exactly placed on earth so I don't see reasons to complain.

However I'll give credit to the changes suggested as being well placed. Blizzard has long been obsessed with those damn siko green and blue colours; and they're not sick as in scary sick they're just annoying, just like their over use of brightness now and then. But what ever, I'm not really going to bother with any of those petitions... as far as I'm concern it's in everyone best intrest both versions have a place; not everyone plays the game to get scared and it gets annoying after a while not being able to see in front of you, but the other side, who wants it to be a kiddy game anyway.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler