AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-06-19, 09:35   Link #61
sakura13

I think all anime has some sad parts

do you watch naruto?

Last edited by xris; 2007-06-19 at 11:32.
sakura13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 02:22   Link #62
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Sign me up for AIR (TV) as well. Even knowing the entire story in advance before watching it, it's still probably the saddest anime I've seen (and since I thought the story was intriguing yet tragic before I even saw the show, I'm not saying this just based on the magnificent visual and musical package). It's sadder than Kanon 2006 IMHO, although I still liked Kanon more overall due to its cast.

I don't think I can praise the AIR movie as much, though, seeing as it did some rather unforgivable things, such as the removal of various characters and their roles. Plus, as some others have said, the AIR movie resembled your average soap opera, whereas the AIR series was far more unique, IMHO. In particular, the sad part that got me was never the romance (which was less evident in the series than I thought it would be), but the mother-child relationship themes. I love the portrayal of this theme across so many examples in the series (I count at least 6 in all). Can't say the same about the movie.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 02:29   Link #63
Nekonron
The Power of One

KimiNozo is definitely one of the saddest anime around, but I also find Eureka 7 and Nana to have really sad moments in them.
Nekonron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 04:56   Link #64
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
KimiNozo, SaiKano, Mahoromatic, Suzuka, and Bokura ga Ita were the candidates. KimiNozo came close because I was so shocked starting from the second episode and the last episode really made me shed tears. However, I learned to aceept Mitsuki's path I consider KimiNozo to have a happy ending. The same goes with Suzuka. SaiKano was just depressing, not sad. Bokura ga Ita is only sad if you know half of what it's about, so that leaves me with Mahoromatic. But still, most of it is not sad.

So I'll have to choose SaiKano over KimiNozo because at least in KimiNozo, there's hope.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 11:33   Link #65
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Sign me up for AIR (TV) as well. Even knowing the entire story in advance before watching it, it's still probably the saddest anime I've seen (and since I thought the story was intriguing yet tragic before I even saw the show, I'm not saying this just based on the magnificent visual and musical package). It's sadder than Kanon 2006 IMHO, although I still liked Kanon more overall due to its cast.

I don't think I can praise the AIR movie as much, though, seeing as it did some rather unforgivable things, such as the removal of various characters and their roles. Plus, as some others have said, the AIR movie resembled your average soap opera, whereas the AIR series was far more unique, IMHO. In particular, the sad part that got me was never the romance (which was less evident in the series than I thought it would be), but the mother-child relationship themes. I love the portrayal of this theme across so many examples in the series (I count at least 6 in all). Can't say the same about the movie.
I definitely agree that Air is more Sad than Kanon. I don't agree with what you said about Air movie though. I think it managed to extract more emotions from me than the series did by a small margin. The removal of other characters was appreciated in all honesty (in my books that is) - the series made their respective stories seem like some unimportant and episodic stuff without any relation to the overall plot and were forgotten the moment their stories were told. While the Haruko - Misuzu relationship was indeed better portrayed and more emotional in the Tv series, i found the movie more focused and with a better pacing overall. I like to think about the two as things that complement each other, instead of arguing which one is better, but if forced to rate i would definitely give the movie a higher mark.
Old 2007-06-20, 11:44   Link #66
winry039
love is dreaminess

Send a message via AIM to winry039
the saddest anime i've seen was pretear and fullmetal alchemist cause it made me cry many times
winry039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 11:35   Link #67
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

AIR (TV), for me. As much as I liked Kanon 2006, I'll be amongst the first to say that it's not one of the saddest I've seen...because it's not meant to be as sad as AIR. I've not seen that many sad anime though, although I did see quite a lot of the Japanese tearjerkers in other media; "Ichi Rittoru no Namida", "Sekai wo Chusin, Ai wo Sakebu", "Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu", and "Nada Sou Sou" just to name a few.

I may consider going through some of the anime listed here, though. After Sola, I'll need something to satisfy my appetite for these kinds of stories until CLANNAD comes....

And I really hope they'll come up with an anime version of Narcissu. At least one of the top 3 in my list of favourite stories, that one is.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 12:28   Link #68
arcadeplayer987

Nevertheless Kiminozo it's my saddest anime
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 16:20   Link #69
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Air TV both are about the same amount of sadness for me. While KgNE ran it over the entire series, Air gave it in huge bursts. So while one I was like "AH MAN" through the whole thing, the other I was like "WTF *STABS SOMEONE AND CRIES*" at certain moments.

Mahoromatic and Utawarerumono also made me kinda depressed at the end. But not as bad.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 15:24   Link #70
ShounenOnmyoujiiscoo
ShounenOnmyouji22

Chrono Crusade
ShounenOnmyoujiiscoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 17:05   Link #71
THX

I thought the Kenshin OVA had some very sad/depressing elements to it.
THX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 18:42   Link #72
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Chrono Crusade
The only thing sad IMO in Chrno Crusade is only the ending itself....

Quote:
I thought the Kenshin OVA had some very sad/depressing elements to it.
yup there's also some sad parts in it, and done it very well... to be specific...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-25, 19:39   Link #73
Z0MBR0
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

I think Elfen Lied and Ragnarok were some of the saddest animes I've seen even though they had happy endings
Z0MBR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 20:59   Link #74
Rowan

I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm anticipating a sad ending for Romeo x Juliet. It always ends sad. If it's Romeo & Juliet, the story begs, nay, demands a sad ending.

Never hoped I was more wrong about an anime's end, though.

R.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 10:45   Link #75
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Um... FAIRLY!? O_O

Ahem...
yes fairly.... its only right that a supirior race want to get rid of us...Im scared of us arnt you...and if your not you need to watch the news
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 14:44   Link #76
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Air TV
Black Cat
Chrno Crusade
Elfen Lied
Fruit Basket
FullMetal Alchemist
Grave of the FireFlies
Hikaru no Go
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
Kanon (2002)
Kanon (2006)
KIBA
Wolf's Rain

all these are on my list of Anime's that makes me sad or even shed some tears.
though not all of them are sad all the time they each have theire moments.
Ending of Chrno Crusade is one of the saddest for me.

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 17:47   Link #77
Theowne
耳をすませば

There are many sad anime out there, but Grave of the Fireflies is one of the few anime, heck, one of the few films altogether, that drives that gut-wrenching feeling right inside. A film everyone should watch.

I also find it amusing that right under the thread "What is the saddest anime", there's a thread called "Am I the only one who gets sad?"

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 08:26   Link #78
SoulSlayer
Graceful Assassin

The only anime that got my eyes a little wet (no actual tears, though) were Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Kanon (2006) and Death Note. I haven't watched Air yet, though (apparently it's sad?). It's been sitting on my PC for over a year now. Guess I'll start watching it soon.
SoulSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 08:39   Link #79
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Hell yeah it is sad! Only problem I have with it is the plot can be a bit loose at times.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 18:02   Link #80
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

AIR could have benefitted from a few more episodes. Misuzu's story during the Dream arc felt really rushed. I don't know what the original story is like for that part, but in the anime it sorta just came out of nowhere...in fact, I think the Dream arc as a whole felt rushed. However, I liked how they handled the Summer and Air arcs though.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote