Giselle - Forever Alone.
Fixed that.
Old 2011-11-16, 03:57   Link #982
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Also, Alvis' sleeves...it seems like should could put her arms in them and act like a penguin or something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Those sleeves seem to be a Guild thing, but ya, penguin Alvis.
Haruhi, thank you for giving me an image of Alvis in Chiyo-chan's Azumanga penguin costume. Crazy, all of you.

That aside, while I'm definitely seeing the Guild influence in Alvis' outfit, I have a feeling that it's just influenced by Guild attire rather than actually made by someone from the Guild. From what we've seen, Guild stuff seem to be full-body affairs (which makes sense, since they morph into skintight suits as Lucciola showed), while Alvis' shows a copious amount of under-aged leg.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:10   Link #983
Friday
Im shy too...

can someone confirm the dimension on both the Silvana & Silvius
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 08:51   Link #984
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Fixed for you

Also, Alvis' sleeves...it seems like should could put her arms in them and act like a penguin or something...
That's a dangerous idea. The resulting cuteness would kill me!

... I want to see fanarts of this now.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:53   Link #985
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
can someone confirm the dimension on both the Silvana & Silvius
The Silvius dimension haven't been released yet. The fan wiki have the Silvana's though.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 10:55   Link #986
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler for Speculation on the time frame post episode 05:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
If this were still the first series, of course it'd be water. First water, at that!
Made onboard as well if i might add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
As a regular Pixiv watcher, (and danbooru uploader) I can honestly say that the fanart right now is still overwhelmingly Dio-centric. To whit, I was only able to upload 6 pics over the past few days that had Fam and her friends (or any of the girls really) on them.
True this.

Quote:
Oooh, is there a higher-resolution version? That's just asking to be uploaded.
Keep them coming
-z905844
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 11:43   Link #987
4Tran

Quote:
So I wasn't the only one expecting everyone to go "zig hile" (sp?) at the end. Actually if we accept that this taking place in the eastern Mediterranean, then it would be more Imperial Rome. But since Fascism was based in part on iconography of Rome, then yes.
There's very little difference between "Gloria" and "Sieg Heil" as the former is meant to convey the latter.

The similarity wouldn't normally stand out so much to me, but the animators pretty much used "Triumph of the Will" as the image reference for that scene. Luscinia's gesticulation is another telltale sign.

Quote:
I wonder right now most of the fan artists were fans of the first series and are focusing on Dio because so far he's the returning character with the most screen time.
The best character gets the most fanart. That makes sense to me.
Old 2011-11-16, 12:52   Link #988
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
As far as pairings im hoping for -

Fam x Giselle

Millia x Her Onee-sama

Luscinia - Forever Alone.
I like your thinking.

So the now the Fam harem is going to be Fam/Gisey/Millia/Liliana/Alvis.

I honestly think Luscinia is going to not going to survive the series.

Also, I wonder if anyone is also thinking this too. Luscinia had a direct role in the death of the last Empress.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 13:27   Link #989
azarhal

Quote:
Also, I wonder if anyone is also thinking this too. Luscinia had a direct role in the death of the last Empress.
My personal guess is that who ever Luscinia is working for* had their hand in it because she was looking for peace (going by the Grand Race and Liliana's comment). The whole thing was probably a false flag attack to get the Ades Fed on the warpath against the "returnees" and put a puppet in charge.

*I have the feeling Luscinia isn't working for Augusta and her "country". Mostly because he knows about Exile and keys, while the other Generals says that their ranks doesn't allow them to know about it, yet they are the governing body of the Ades Fed and, you know, should have the rights to know these sort of things...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 13:55   Link #990
pewpewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
My personal guess is that who ever Luscinia is working for* had their hand in it because she was looking for peace (going by the Grand Race and Liliana's comment). The whole thing was probably a false flag attack to get the Ades Fed on the warpath against the "returnees" and put a puppet in charge.

*I have the feeling Luscinia isn't working for Augusta and her "country". Mostly because he knows about Exile and keys, while the other Generals says that their ranks doesn't allow them to know about it, yet they are the governing body of the Ades Fed and, you know, should have the rights to know these sort of things...
I think it's pretty plausible that Luscinia's being manipulated. The fact that he knows things the other commanders aren't privy to must be at least partly due to to him being the Federation's Prime Minister. His aide Alauda is also a senior member of Ades' intelligence service and reports directly to him.

The reason that I feel Luscinia's being manipulated is because he comes across as sincerely believing in what the Federation is doing. Look at the younger version of him in the show's OP: stumbling ankle-deep in blood and sobbing. That hints at some guilty burden in his past that's driving him in the present day.
pewpewpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 17:39   Link #991
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
I think it's pretty plausible that Luscinia's being manipulated. The fact that he knows things the other commanders aren't privy to must be at least partly due to to him being the Federation's Prime Minister. His aide Alauda is also a senior member of Ades' intelligence service and reports directly to him.

The reason that I feel Luscinia's being manipulated is because he comes across as sincerely believing in what the Federation is doing. Look at the younger version of him in the show's OP: stumbling ankle-deep in blood and sobbing. That hints at some guilty burden in his past that's driving him in the present day.
We know that the Sara's mother died, but do we know if it was natural causes, an accident, or murder?

Theory: Luscinia feels guilty because he did not prevent the former Empress's death. I think that might tie into Liliana. Remember in Liliana's flashback she met Luscinia when she was young. My theory is that Luscinia was the Empress's servant/bodyguard. While he was helping young Liliana the Empress died, or was murdered. The guilt over leaving his post has driven him to make sure that it doesn't happen again. In his drive to protect his country and Sara, he has come to the conclusion that Ades must either dominate or destroy all other peoples and countries. He has a particular hatred for both Turan and Princess Liliana because if she hadn't been there, he wouldn't have left the Empress's side and maybe prevented her death.

Personally I find that more interesting. His sense of duty, love of the Empress, and his guilt is driving him to do such terrible things. I get the impression that no one else blames him or thinks he failed the former Empress. So really it is a self induced case of "my greatest failure" that is driving him.
Old 2011-11-16, 19:05   Link #992
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Someone will eventually do a crack pairing Fam x Luscinia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Nix
Fam/Gisey/Millia/Liliana/Alvis
Liliana's too "onee-sama" to be in Fam's harem. I kinda think Fam likes girls around her age.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 19:30   Link #993
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Damnit i really want the Silvius specs so i can compare them to the Silvana's I still have the Newtype where they gave you a huge ass poster of Silvana with all the specs and dimensions
Old 2011-11-16, 19:54   Link #994
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post

Liliana's too "onee-sama" to be in Fam's harem. I kinda think Fam likes girls around her age.
I don't see a problem with Fam having an Onee-sama and a harem at the same time.

Well Liliana is 19, Fam, Gisey, and Millia are 15, and Alvis is 13. So I guess it all depends on what you mean by "around her age."

I have to admit, having Liliana and Alvis in Fam's harem is kind on the cracky side, but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Damnit i really want the Silvius specs so i can compare them to the Silvana's I still have the Newtype where they gave you a huge ass poster of Silvana with all the specs and dimensions
That would be neat. I think the Silvius and the Silvana are probably about the same size. The Silvana might have a heaver weight of shell fire and thicker armor, but the Silvius is probably faster and has a bigger air wing, and its submersible.
Old 2011-11-16, 19:59   Link #995
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Please, I think it's much more likely that Sara will get 'befriended' before Alvis gets co-opted by Fam.

*coughs*

Who's willing to bet that those schematics Milia was standing in front of will eventually become an actual poster somewhere along the line?
Old 2011-11-16, 20:35   Link #996
djmaca
My Girl ↓

@Myssa

By Newtype mag or by Megami mag? Newtype cost 1.5 x Megami's price in Comic Quest....
Old 2011-11-16, 21:50   Link #997
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Sorry, Fam, but another LE protagonist has already beaten you to it. Alvis is already part of Claus's harem.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 21:57   Link #998
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Please, I think it's much more likely that Sara will get 'befriended' before Alvis gets co-opted by Fam.
*Imagines Fam casting Starlight Breaker*

Rasing Heart: "Starlight Breaker"

Fam: "Zenryoku Zenkai!"

Sara and company: !

Fam: "Starrr-light Breaaakerrrr!"

Sara and company: *BOOM*

Quote:
Who's willing to bet that those schematics Milia was standing in front of will eventually become an actual poster somewhere along the line?
Why bet, I would be surprised if it didn't.
Old 2011-11-16, 22:06   Link #999
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Sorry, Fam, but another LE protagonist has already beaten you to it. Alvis is already part of Claus's harem.
Honestly I got the feeling that Claus and Lavie were raising Alvis and Holly as daughters.

Shipping wars aside. I wonder, has Alvis spent the last couple years flying the Exile back and forth? I am assuming that was her's in episode 01. Unless there is more then seven and they were all built to the same design.
Old 2011-11-16, 22:22   Link #1000
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Honestly I got the feeling that Claus and Lavie were raising Alvis and Holly as daughters.

Shipping wars aside. I wonder, has Alvis spent the last couple years flying the Exile back and forth? I am assuming that was her's in episode 01. Unless there is more then seven and they were all built to the same design.
Whose Holly?

Tags
adventure, science fiction