AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 09:06   Link #17781
Sumeragi
Banned

Read the afterwords of NT4.

I mean, really, why is it that people keep asking details which either have already been spoiled (by yours truly), or can be plainly looked up?
Old 2012-03-25, 09:09   Link #17782
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
So she does have a level? Hmm... I missed that.

Though there could be candidates unknown to Othinus, it's not like she's omniscient.
You also missed the fact that Oumi Shuri pointed out that Maria's movements were impossible for normal human in sub.10.

Maria was right in front of Othinus. If she was the candidate then Othinus would have taken her.
...It's rather dull topic so I would stop here.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:17   Link #17783
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
You also missed the fact that Oumi Shuri pointed out that Maria's movements were impossible for normal human in sub.10.

Maria was right in front of Othinus. If she was the candidate then Othinus would have taken her.
...It's rather dull topic so I would stop here.
Othinus didn't even pay any attention to Maria so she could have missed that, though I already dropped saying Maria is a candidate, the level matter is enough. Still, the fact that Maria isn't a candidate not that doesn't rule that there can't be candidates unknown to Othinus.

About what Oumi said, what isn't a normal human kinda encompasses too many things... I didn't miss that, but that doesn't guarantee that Maria is an Esper.

Anyway, if you don't want to discuss this, then don't post, it's actually very simple.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:21   Link #17784
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, remember Mjölnir? THAT's a combat oriented Gremlin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Well that ... thing could take on Kaori and a single hit from it can cause a crater of 20 km in radius imagine it launch in a city. The city would be gone in an instant.
That can't be right, because even though it blew away 1/3 of a giant floating castle and was able to go toe-to-toe with Kanzaki... It still got taken out by a spell that even a low-level magician could perform so we know it isn't that bright... >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So Maria is a level 2 Esper? What's her ability?
Increasing her Centrifugal Force.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:21   Link #17785
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Othinus didn't even pay any attention to Maria so she could have missed that.
...While observing the situation? Sorry, but every your post makes me start nitpicking.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:22   Link #17786
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
...While observing the situation? Sorry, but every your post makes me start nitpicking.
That's just an assumption. Not that she was observing the situation, but that she was observing Maria.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:25   Link #17787
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That can't be right, because even though it blew away 1/3 of a giant floating castle and was able to go toe-to-toe with Kanzaki... It still got taken out by a spell that even a low-level magician could perform so we know it isn't that bright... >.>
It only lost because of an anti flying spell. It's like Accelerator being beat by the pullback punch
Old 2012-03-25, 09:28   Link #17788
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Increasing her Centrifugal Force.
Perfect for Dance Battlers.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:30   Link #17789
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
It only lost because of an anti flying spell. It's like Accelerator being beat by the pullback punch
There's a difference; only one person in the world has been able to successfully use a pull-back punch on Accelerator, while it's been constantly repeated that even the lowest of magicians could easily perform an Anti-flying spell, hence why the age of Magicians flying came to an end.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:31   Link #17790
Ilidsor
Angelerator

@I am Kami: Yes , but it's mentioned that anti-flight spells are common as dirt

EDIT: beaten to the punch
Old 2012-03-25, 09:38   Link #17791
leukrota

Though I think Mjölnir also had the advantage of being so weird that it could probably survive any fall... At least I want to think we'll see it again.

Ah, wait, didn't we see it recently?... my memory sure is fuzzy...

EDIT: Oh yeah, in NT3... So like I was implying, the anti-flying spell is not that problematic for it. (I gotta get some sleep...)

Last edited by leukrota; 2012-03-25 at 09:52.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:52   Link #17792
tsunade666

Marian mention Mjolnir. So it wasn't dead. But the point for the flying weapon was to be used against the current enemy of Gremlin which is Academy city. Sure any low level magician knew an anti-flying magic but not the science side. Plus Mjolnir is probably an automaton and not even thinking right now. Like some puppet or like the undead kagun.

I wonder how many strong weapon Marian has. Or how many operatives left in the main force of Gremlin.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:56   Link #17793
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Or Mjolnir was just another of Marian's "victims".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:59   Link #17794
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ that's no big deal, please remember that such a common magic can be used by anyone as long as he/she just knows the story and remembers the formula, just tell the story to Komoe sensei and she'll pull it off >.> ... no actually any espers could use it (albeit being hurt in the process) after being lectured about it for less than 2 minutes

Quote:
That's just an assumption. Not that she was observing the situation, but that she was observing Maria.
It's not an issue of whether she saw or missed Maria, she explicitly said AC's Esper's aren't fit to become holistic espers ... and Maria is well ... an AC Esper
Old 2012-03-25, 10:35   Link #17795
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Or Mjolnir was just another of Marian's "victims".
Nah; I always got the feeling that Mjolnir was a volunteer.

On an unrelated noe, I'm surprised no one has started adding the Kiharas or Maria to the TV.Tropes character page.
Old 2012-03-25, 10:59   Link #17796
Miraluka
Banned

From Kanzaki's opinion, Mjolnir is a person who turned him/serself into a magical weapon in order to reac his/hear goal as a magician, so Mjolnir is a volunteer.
Old 2012-03-25, 11:07   Link #17797
tsunade666

^no one still added the page in tv tropes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ that's no big deal, please remember that such a common magic can be used by anyone as long as he/she just knows the story and remembers the formula, just tell the story to Komoe sensei and she'll pull it off >.> ... no actually any espers could use it (albeit being hurt in the process) after being lectured about it for less than 2 minutes
that won't happen because first espers can't use magic and second espers are from science side and won't believe in occult stuff. They might call you crazy and all or will thing of it as a different ability or an esper ability. Espers are pretty stubborn and not just espers but ordinary people. Ordinary people label what they actually see as "fake" if it's not involve in academy city. Mikoto even witness magic herself with Lessar by her side but she still denies it. She only listens to it when Touma is involve -_- or probably Touma is the one who explains a bit then Levinia explains it all but if Touma is not present. Mikoto would probably won't believe it too.
Old 2012-03-25, 11:15   Link #17798
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Yeah Mostly they just consider it another esper ability
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-03-25, 11:31   Link #17799
Breidaluk

“It was the same when I did it. That is the proof that the current generation Imagine Breaker is still attached to him. There is meaning in that right hand belonging to him. To put it one way, the right hand is only the right hand when it is growing from his right shoulder.”

That concludes one of our theories. Imagine Breaker is not Touma's power, its a power attached to his right hand.

What we need to discuss now is the "thing" inside Touma. That thing stil atacked Othinus after Touma lost consciousness so is probably under someone or something's else control and is being sealed by Touma, or Imagine Breaker.
Old 2012-03-25, 11:47   Link #17800
tsunade666

well a theory was present before which when vol 22 was release.

A TRINITY

Touma - being the one who contains the power. A vessel, a body that houses the power.
The Invisible Thing - which represents the absolute power which makes a being higher than a god looks like nothing
The Imagine Breaker - which seals the Invisible Thing.

Clues of Imagine Breaker being not his originally his is because the different in his luck from childhood and from academy city times. His bad luck wasn't limited to him when he was young. It happens occasionally and dangerously that the people labels him a "plague"

His time in academy city shows different. Sure he is unlucky but it's more like a gag and it only effects him and nothing drastic. It could be because the power which can only be realize at the right place where it is needed or maybe because he just receive Imagine Breaker by the time he enters academy city.

And this sentence "the power which can only be realize at the right place where it is needed" is practically the same as Fiamma. His power is too absurd that he can't use it fully. He has the power to save the world but if the world is not in trouble then there is no use for his power. Which is why the idiot starts a war so he can use his power. The same analogy for Imagine Breaker where it destroys illusions. Being in a city full of super natural phenomenon the real use of Imagine Breaker was realize.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen