AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2011-05-26, 20:04   Link #22961
GDB

Bringing this over from the 10/11 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
(Last, First), substituting watashi for boku
Miyasu Bohaku
Yamizu Hakubo

Trying to find one that keeps the pronoun as the last name, but finding a male first name that can come out of Su(zu)miya is really hard. I suppose Yamizu could work, but I'm pretty sure it's not a real first name.
I don't think it's possible to keep the same last name, since I don't believe an actual male first name can be achieved from Su(zu)miya. What I didn't know at the time of making those names I quoted is that Hakubo can mean wither Aunt or Nightfall/Twilight. Given that the first name would likely use katakana, comedy could ensue (or be completely ignored). Plus, Nightfall seems tough enough for Haruki to come up with.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 21:46   Link #22962
Nintendo Maniac 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherby~ View Post
Nice job!
I just wish there was a way to keep the timing there without making the file bigger. Ah well.
Actually I COULD fix the timing very easily, but it wouldn't be worth it because this was meant to only be a proof of concept.

To make a proper animation, I'd need the original animation frames...which are not posted on here WHY? Isn't preservation and future-proofing supposed to be priority with these kinds of things?
Old 2011-05-26, 23:01   Link #22963
Sherby~
herp derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
Actually I COULD fix the timing very easily, but it wouldn't be worth it because this was meant to only be a proof of concept.

To make a proper animation, I'd need the original animation frames...which are not posted on here WHY? Isn't preservation and future-proofing supposed to be priority with these kinds of things?
Alright, here:

Spoiler for Original frames:

Anyway, any more thoughts on genderbending the Surprise characters?
Old 2011-05-26, 23:08   Link #22964
Nintendo Maniac 64

*sees frames, drooooooools*

Though, I'm kind of disappointed at the JPEG artifacts. Do you not have the frames in a lossless format? (i.e. PNG, BMP, TIFF - also note that TinyPic renames PNGs to .JPG, but they're still PNGs)

If not, there are at least various fancy things that can be done to reduce said JPEG artifacts.

...speaking of which, don't you have the frames in any higher resolution? (it's easier to reduce JPEG artifacts on higher-res images) I mean you DID make this larger version: http://i54.tinypic.com/11rfwxf.gif

Note, you don't have to upload the frames individually to TinyPic - you can just put them all in a ZIP/RAR/7z and upload it to MediaFire or something.

EDIT: In the meantime, I extracted the frames from the larger version GIF and tried working with that...and DANG is it hard to get under 50KB (though I can get it down to 100KB easily by just removing the last frame). I'm not sure an avatar version will be possible guys (unless you're satisfied with a choppier framerate and a resolution smaller than 100x100).

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64; 2011-05-27 at 00:48.
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 17:43   Link #22965
Sherby~
herp derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
EDIT: In the meantime, I extracted the frames from the larger version GIF and tried working with that...and DANG is it hard to get under 50KB (though I can get it down to 100KB easily by just removing the last frame). I'm not sure an avatar version will be possible guys (unless you're satisfied with a choppier framerate and a resolution smaller than 100x100).
Would it make a difference if I just convert the icon-sized ones to PNGs?
Old 2011-05-29, 16:21   Link #22966
lordnibler

Talking Awesome!

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST IDEAS EVER!!!!

if you decide to make this into an anime once you finish the novel/manga let me know i think i might do a decent voice as (male)nagato i have a really good computer headset so I could record and link to you if you do.
lordnibler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 15:25   Link #22967
Nintendo Maniac 64

Quote:
Would it make a difference if I just convert the icon-sized ones to PNGs?
Of course not. PNGs are only lossless, that is they retain all quality from the source material - they don't magically make the quality better than the source. :P

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64; 2011-08-07 at 05:58.
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 17:21   Link #22968
Sherby~
herp derp

Anyway, putting aside the facepalm for now, Kaisos came up with a new design for Fujiwara-chan after finding out more about Surprise and made me draw her again.
Now, she's got some influences of Kirino from Oreimo, because of the whole bitchy brocon thing.

Spoiler for New Fuji-chan:

Spoiler for Original Fujiwara + Old Fuji-chan (for reference):

Last edited by Sherby~; 2011-06-04 at 17:32.
Sherby~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 01:06   Link #22969
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting.
Old 2011-06-05, 02:48   Link #22970
ijuinkun

Well, one can expect that girl-Fujiwara would share a certain resemblance with her sibling . . . the boots add a nice touch, too.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 06:21   Link #22971
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Awesome job Sherby!

Though those boots make me think about the boots that Sasaki had on the new edition cover....
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 13:13   Link #22972
belxebu

Quote:
Anyway, putting aside the facepalm for now, Kaisos came up with a new design for Fujiwara-chan after finding out more about Surprise and made me draw her again.
Now, she's got some influences of Kirino from Oreimo, because of the whole bitchy brocon thing.

Spoiler for New Fuji-chan:
The bitchy look it looks good in her because the original Fujiwara is like a evil Itsuki
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 14:22   Link #22973
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
She does give off a bit of an 'angry secretary'-vibe, doesn't she? ^^
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 16:08   Link #22974
s07195
However,

Might be just me, but...it just doesn't have the right kind of feel to it Maybe it's the look...
But then, speaking of looks, Kyonko would definitely be the person who looks the most dissimilar to the original person...

EDIT: I think I agree with Aebliss...

Last edited by s07195; 2011-08-01 at 16:33.
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 14:56   Link #22975
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Previous installment.

Spoiler for Suzumiya Haruki No Setsubun, part 24. The End: 'Action!':

It’s been a loooooooong time since I wrote an instalment for Setsubun. Gentle readers, I hope you enjoyed it! I can end the story here, or there can be an epilogue. How say you?
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 23:35   Link #22976
ijuinkun

Epilogue, definitely.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 11:33   Link #22977
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I'll second the epilogue. We need the scene in the brigade room where we can recover from the extraordinary and return to the ordinary (with some Kyonko-Haruki fluff thrown in for the lols).
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 12:15   Link #22978
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

*blinks* Ok. Setsubun updated? Ok. I need to go tether my pigs to the ground before they fly off.

Now THAT was a pretty good wrap up. And I guess that she was completely honest about taking everything...leaving Haruki with some very interesting camera footage indeed. Doesn't seem like she has much hope of getting it back or escaping from the residence, huh?

This is a pretty good conclusion, but I personally would love to read an epilogue!
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 13:07   Link #22979
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

Yes an epilogue would be nice to have. Thanks for finishing this up after so long

EDIT: Also, it's been exactly one and a half year since the last chapter
Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 13:19   Link #22980
s07195
However,

I fifth an epilogue. Every legend needs a good ending.

...And thus ends the most complete fanfiction fanfiction on Animesuki Forums in Genderbending history ever.

That was a great job!

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan