AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 11 22.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 14.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 35.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 18.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-20, 18:55   Link #21
Kaijin
かいじん

Shoku-dan just released the sub!
Old 2008-05-20, 23:57   Link #22
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it was an excellent ep. it gave a huge amount of background info without it seeming like information was being dumped on the viewer. being a manga reader, i could make connections based on what Kaname said.

anyways, i'm really happy about how they kept close to the manga both in story and presentation.

Kaname is BA
Old 2008-05-21, 02:15   Link #23
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
^Pardon me to ask this but, what's "BA"

Spoiler for ep.7:
Old 2008-05-21, 03:22   Link #24
Mirakuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-21, 07:21   Link #25
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

A slightly different episode than others, but in a good way.
Old 2008-05-21, 12:00   Link #26
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode was slightly different than what i expected it to be. I dont remember everything from the chapter that was covered but i think we had some original material added in. I dont remember all those scenes from the past in the manga though it did follow the basic retelling of what happened after Kaname saved and bought Yuuki to Cross. Over all not a bad episode i just was not feeling it that much this time around. The episode seemed scattered a bit but we are starting to move into more interesting parts. Yuuki's reaction to Zero sensing her actual feelings about Kaname was done quite well no one likes there inner most thoughts peered into. But the treat for me was the talk between Zero and Kaname and why Kaname has let Zero live its pretty heavy to hear that you are alive only as a watchdog.

8/10
Old 2008-05-21, 12:03   Link #27
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Episode was slightly different than what i expected it to be. I dont remember everything from the chapter that was covered but i think we had some original material added in. I dont remember all those scenes from the past in the manga 8/10
I had the same reaction. Some of that material seemed new to me. Either it was added material or my memory is fading. Both probabilities are equally likely.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-05-21, 12:30   Link #28
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I had the same reaction. Some of that material seemed new to me. Either it was added material or my memory is fading. Both probabilities are equally likely.
I think a lot of it was new material because i dont remember the flashback being as long as they made it out in the anime. Which is possible why i didnt feel this episode as much the flashback just seemed to drag on. A lot of the material was unnecessary they added a lot of new material with Kaname and Yuuki. They didnt make it seems they had half as much interaction in the manga as they did in episode 7. I dont mind original content imo thought it took away from the episode a bit.
Old 2008-05-21, 12:47   Link #29
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh...and Zero is back to being how I dont like him -_- ~tch~

Young!Kaname *_*

I still love the Headmaster He's just so adorable. The clothes scene was so cute. Nice reaction by Kaname, I loved the "Kaname-kun is broken!" line. I remember that scene from the manga since I was like...how's he gonna react Yuuki's look up at him was also adorable. I dont remember the street scene though I think that was added but again my memory could be failing

Edit: also I thought the animation was better in this epi, Kaname looked better then in epi 5 and 6.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-21, 14:11   Link #30
Vinak
Procrastinator

actually...most if not all of the flashback material is in the manga at one one or another.
Old 2008-05-21, 20:10   Link #31
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Flashback future

Kaname has the remarkably convenient ability of always being in the right place at the right time. Zero on the other hand, has no such luck. Speaking of Kaname, is his voice attractive to women? Perhaps it's supposed to be seductive? The low monotone dialogue makes me sleepy.
Old 2008-05-22, 00:49   Link #32
Mirakuru

I also remember all of the flashbacks in this episode from the manga.. I think they were all shown at one time or another. I actually think they skipped one flashback when the Night Class was first started, where Yuuki cut herself and started bleeding, thus capturing the vampires' attention.

& mikesince83 ~ As for the seductiveness of Kaname's voice? His voice is nice and soothing, but I don't really find it seductive. But my love for Zero probably plays a part in my opinion. =P
Old 2008-05-22, 01:52   Link #33
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Young!Kaname *_*

I still love the Headmaster He's just so adorable. The clothes scene was so cute. Nice reaction by Kaname, I loved the "Kaname-kun is broken!" line. I remember that scene from the manga since I was like...how's he gonna react Yuuki's look up at him was also adorable. I dont remember the street scene though I think that was added but again my memory could be failing

Edit: also I thought the animation was better in this epi, Kaname looked better then in epi 5 and 6.
I really liked young Kaname (considering how much I dislike the present Kaname ) The clothes scene was indeed cute They was all very cute as children!

And I really didn't like that Yuuki thought it was Kaname who covered her up with that blanket, when it was really Zero. I also went back to disliking Kaname when he told Zero he isn't dead because he is protecting Yuuki or something.

Overall, I thought it was an ok episode. I liked the flashbacks, but I want the story to move forward now.
Old 2008-05-22, 04:11   Link #34
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesince83 View Post
Kaname has the remarkably convenient ability of always being in the right place at the right time. Zero on the other hand, has no such luck. Speaking of Kaname, is his voice attractive to women? Perhaps it's supposed to be seductive? The low monotone dialogue makes me sleepy.
As much as I love Kaname, Ill admit Zero wins in the voice category Mostly cuz I just love Miyano Mamoru. I didnt really like young!kaname's voice but Ive grown to like his older one, I do think its suppose to sound seductive but hearing Zero talk is about the only way I can actually tolerate him in this.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-22, 08:35   Link #35
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Hooray, background. Always a good thing.

This ep was certainly a lot better than the last.
Old 2008-05-22, 09:22   Link #36
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
As much as I love Kaname, Ill admit Zero wins in the voice category Mostly cuz I just love Miyano Mamoru. I didnt really like young!kaname's voice but Ive grown to like his older one, I do think its suppose to sound seductive but hearing Zero talk is about the only way I can actually tolerate him in this.
Miyano Mamoru range is fantastic hearing Zero's voice go from angry to sad or even just listening to him wallow in anguish the tone just suites all all situations. I especially like when hes being sarcastic or being his normal moody himself Miyano's voice just brings out all there is to Zero for me. Being a Zero fan as well im biased but i was like that with Manga too. I always knew when VK was animated Zero would have an incredible
Old 2008-05-22, 09:36   Link #37
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

ahh i didn;t really like this episode....
It didn't feel like VK
Old 2008-05-22, 14:27   Link #38
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

This episode was adorable :3 I squealed when I saw the flashbacks.
Old 2008-05-22, 18:50   Link #39
FuzzyWuzzy

I liked the flashbacks. I liked the whole explanation of the background of Yuuki and Kaname's relationship. However, the episode was boring. It lacked impact.
Old 2008-05-22, 20:09   Link #40
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
. However, the episode was boring. It lacked impact.
Yea I feel the same way
But like 50+% of the flashback was only ready known