AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-08, 23:14   Link #161
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Keep in mind that the style for the OVAS is not Teshirogi's at all (lol, some characters actually
look fat, while the LC manga has a more aesthetic design). Also the Gold Cloths have a way too dull color compared to the rich tones of the classic series (just look at the pictures Albafica posted).
I guess this is a problem of the animated adaptation, as Teshirogi's drawings of the Cloths easily surpass those of Kurumada's himself in the manga in every aspect but then again, the original manga is already old, so any kind of improvement was to be expected.
Old 2009-07-09, 08:13   Link #162
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Question :

I have seen the last episode of the last saga wheres Seiya dies.

Has anything come out after that?
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 08:30   Link #163
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Regarding the classic series? No, that's the actual ending although the Tenkai-hen movie is supposed to be some kind of continuation from the Hades saga and the prelude for the Heaven one but... mmm you better watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmaVeECwvGA

The original idea of Kurumada was that the Saints eventually would fight against the Olympian gods (the Heaven saga were the enemy supposedly would be Zeus, but I don't see why Zeus would have to try to kill his own daughter lol) and FINALLY, against Kronos, the father of the 3 gods they had already defeated, but it seems the project simply exhausted not only due to production problems, but also because Kurumada's apathy to the series. A real shame.
Old 2009-07-09, 08:40   Link #164
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
Question :

I have seen the last episode of the last saga wheres Seiya dies.

Has anything come out after that?
Well Kurumada has had plans to draw the heaven chapter of his series, where it'll place Athena and the Saint against the rest of the gods, eventually placing them against Chrono and Rea. Now Kurumada has created a intro manga to the saga. He then planed for the story to be told in OVA form starting with the Heaven Overturn moive. The movie came out some time ago while the Sanctuary part of the Hades ova were still being produced. Yet Kurumada and Toei had disagreement about the script and so the project kinda fell apart. But from what i've heard, he's attempted to restart the project through manga format, beginning with Next Dimension, which is both a prequel and Sequel to the saint seiya manga.
Old 2009-07-09, 08:51   Link #165
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Disagreement about the script of the Tenkai-hen movie? heck, Kurumada just drew that images of Seiya in a wheelchair and told the rest of his team to do the movie with only that material, hence why the whole thing was completely improvised.
He NEVER supervised it during the production. No wonder he didn't like it one bit but man, that was pretty stupid coming from him.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:01   Link #166
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah Next Dimension is a prequel and a sequel, it's very garbage (well there is a sense but...). I'm not a fan of Next Dimension ^^.

About Tenkai, yeah he can dislike Tenkai (well I like it , but not as good as Abel or Asgard in my opinion) but dismiss the staff of Saint Seiya Hades/sanctuary and Tenkai-Hen is a stupid idea in my opinion, they do a very good job.
Kurumada doesn't like the nude in Tenkai...

Lost Canvas is the prequel of Saint Seiya but it seems to be an alternative prequel... in my opinion.

I think Shiori follow the original too much, in particular in dialogue which are very "has been" in my opinion.
Old 2009-07-09, 17:53   Link #167
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Yeah Next Dimension is a prequel and a sequel, it's very garbage (well there is a sense but...). I'm not a fan of Next Dimension ^^.

About Tenkai, yeah he can dislike Tenkai (well I like it , but not as good as Abel or Asgard in my opinion) but dismiss the staff of Saint Seiya Hades/sanctuary and Tenkai-Hen is a stupid idea in my opinion, they do a very good job.
Kurumada doesn't like the nude in Tenkai...

Lost Canvas is the prequel of Saint Seiya but it seems to be an alternative prequel... in my opinion.

I think Shiori follow the original too much, in particular in dialogue which are very "has been" in my opinion.
Yeah Lost Canvas is basically the the same concept with Next Dimension in which it is about the previous holy war, yet Lost Canvas is a different telling than ND. I like LC more than ND because chapters of ND are released in irregular dates, I haven't heard that much about.
Old 2009-07-09, 19:21   Link #168
beamknight87
Gold Saint

ND has like... 16 chapters so far lol, and keep in mind it started to publish way long before LC did.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:30   Link #169
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
ND has like... 16 chapters so far lol, and keep in mind it started to publish way long before LC did.
Yeah and it makes me wonder if Kurumada is ever planning to do anything big with the Heaven arc he has planned?
Old 2009-07-10, 03:48   Link #170
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Yeah and it makes me wonder if Kurumada is ever planning to do anything big with the Heaven arc he has planned?
If he continues with the same animation and fights like in Hades chapter I'm not interested as this LC style of animation is much better.
Old 2009-07-10, 06:19   Link #171
Goblinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
If he continues with the same animation and fights like in Hades chapter I'm not interested as this LC style of animation is much better.
I thought it was the anime studio who takes care of the animation, not Kurumada himself.
Goblinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 19:54   Link #172
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Thanks.

Another question .. what is this Saint seiya saga in French only? Apparently, some French animation company created it. Plz shed some light on this.
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 22:06   Link #173
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Mmm? Perhaps you are referring to this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKii5CQdekU

That whole intro was made by some French dude named Jerome Alquie as a proposal for what could have been the Hades chapter with the intended OP (Dead or Dead). This guy kept going to different anime conferences, showing this video and another one where Seiya says farewell to the souls of the Gold Saints after they take down the Wailing Wall ("¡Adiós, Caballeros Dorados!" ZOMFG), provoking massive nostalgia to the point that thousands of fans started sending letters to TOEI Animation asking them to animate the last chapter of the Saint Seiya manga.
And guess what, the whole thing was successful lol
Old 2009-07-11, 01:14   Link #174
Albafica
Pisces no saint

If a Next dimension is animated, I don't think it will be by Toei Unanimation. I think Kurumada saw the work on Saint Seiya Hades Inferno/elysion... It was so bad, but Kurumada is a part of this shi!?!

With the beautiful animation of TMS in Lost Canvas, I think Kurumada will chose this studio.

But well, Next Dimension can't be animated with this system of release...
Old 2009-07-11, 17:22   Link #175
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaBla View Post
I thought it was the anime studio who takes care of the animation, not Kurumada himself.
Oh sorry, I was thinking of anime version. I would probably read manga eventually as I'm, well, s Saint Seiya fan.

Still kinda wondering how will the first major fight in LC be animated. Keep in mind that I'm not really that interested in anime only because of fights but I would like them to make it good as it will surely attract much more audiences.
Old 2009-07-12, 00:28   Link #176
Albafica
Pisces no saint

No problem, I think Lost Canvas will attrack some people when they will see me (heum... Albafica ). I hope...

Good luck with manga of Kurumada
Old 2009-07-12, 03:42   Link #177
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
Regarding the classic series? No, that's the actual ending although the Tenkai-hen movie is supposed to be some kind of continuation from the Hades saga and the prelude for the Heaven one but... mmm you better watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmaVeECwvGA

The original idea of Kurumada was that the Saints eventually would fight against the Olympian gods (the Heaven saga were the enemy supposedly would be Zeus, but I don't see why Zeus would have to try to kill his own daughter lol) and FINALLY, against Kronos, the father of the 3 gods they had already defeated, but it seems the project simply exhausted not only due to production problems, but also because Kurumada's apathy to the series. A real shame.
Mmm... There are some mistakes in the video..
Actually :

- Making that new movie right after the first part of the Hades saga was not Kurumada's idea. It was Toei's even if Kurumada actually had in mind some plans about sequels (fighting Olympian Gods and even Titans... well, for those, Okada is working on it so I don't think he has to do it anymore).
However there was a deal when he decided to let Toei adapt the last part of his manga : make an animated adaptation of his other big success (his favourite one it seems) before going on the Hades Chapter : Ring ni Kakero. Right after the Sanctuary part of Hades Chapter, the original staff worked on a short pilot movie of Rinkake then moved on the Tenkai-hen movie.

- So he did not really agree with the idea of making a sequel before the Hades chapter was completed. But he still wrote some ideas for a storyline and yeah, he went quite angry when he discovered that the writing staff and the director did not follow him. (as far as I remember, there was some stuff about the "Erased memory" for example. According to Kurumada's plan, it was supposed to be Athena's idea. Erasing Seiya and co's memories as Saints would have allowed them to live a normal life as humans... but it the movie, it was shown as a divine punishment). So seeing how different the movie was form what he had in mind (and that the movie was not as entertaining as he expected), he decided to fire the main staff, and to write his sequel from scratch : Next Dimension.

- As for the cast. He wanted, since the beginning to change Shun's because he thought that the voice actor did not match anymore the character. But the other actors did not agree and he had to face a "All or nothing" ultimatum. That's why the whole cast changed when the Inferno chapter and Elysium chapter were made.

That's quite a shame that Saint Seiya ended like this... Inferno and Elysium deserved more and that Tenkai movie was really interesting (I actually like it more that Abel) because it had some ideas to bring Saint Seiya out of his clichés. But now... Next Dimension is a mess, Teshirogi does nothing but trying to walk on Kurumada's steps with too much "fanservice" and Okada lost himself in a too much complex storyline and endless battles.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 08:15   Link #178
Cullinan

Haven't watched the new Lost Canvas anime yet, but I read part of the manga and it isn't so bad actually. But overall, nothing yet has matched the original Sanctuary Arc of Saint Seiya.
Cullinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 10:11   Link #179
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I hate this deal of Kurumada about Ring Ni Kakero ^^, this manga is so bad in my opinion. But well, Ring Ni Kakero is his favourite, like Dr Slump is the favorite manga of Akira Toriyama. It's funny .
And I hate the voice of Shun in Inferno/Elysion, it killed the show!

I like Tenkai too, it's something different from other stuff of Saint Seiya and it is interesting. And the movie was so beautiful in my opinion. I heard that DVDs sold well but not movie tickets.
Well, my best movie of Saint Seiya remains Abel .

About Lost Canvas, I prefer the Sanctuary arc of Kurumanga too .

PS: People who read scans of Lost Canvas, come speak in the manga topic .
Old 2009-07-12, 11:11   Link #180
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Ah yes, I too consider "Legend of Crimson Youth" as the best Saint Seiya movie, brb, watching it again lol

Tags
fantasy, shounen