AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-02, 20:16   Link #21
^danshi^
running bear

Holy shit. This has to be the most ridicoulous thing I've ever seen in anime context.

A huge island to the north of spain called Kuchen (cake) with cities like Kirsche (cherry), Backen (baking), Frisches (fresh stuff), Zwieback (rusk), Feige (fig), Erdbeere (strawberry), Pastete (pastry) and Mürbe (short like in short paste). Oh, don't forget the Bay of Black Geleé and the Flakes Sea.

(Source: http://www.angelicvoice.net/~shrine/mliebe.htm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
since it's based off a german game.
Think about this part again after you've read the english translations and the spelling errors

Last edited by ^danshi^; 2004-10-02 at 20:26.
Old 2004-10-03, 09:58   Link #22
seiftis
~defying fate

Cake, cherry, strawberry, pastry...?
Old 2004-10-03, 10:06   Link #23
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I think the creator is losing her/his marbles.
Old 2004-10-03, 10:07   Link #24
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, so the anime takes place on a BIG cake, got to give some bonus point to it right?

yup the game is not in german, just the title and character/location names
Old 2004-10-03, 10:12   Link #25
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
So it has German meme, yet England-like geography and all based on cake? Man, they really losing their marbles. Plus they all speak Japanese. How weird the meme gonna get?
Old 2004-10-03, 11:21   Link #26
domino
デレデレ

I'm really looking forward to this anime, because the GBA game was very cute.

In a nutshell, it was the story of going to a private German-ish school. The main characters at the school are a group of handsome men who are pretty much the idols of every girl at the school. But guys shouldn't worry too much - the series features several bishoujo (that were "rivals" in the game - you either made friends with them or they would RUIN YOUR LIFE :P ).

I wonder how this will develop into an anime story. ^^; Since the game was mostly setting up dates with the boys/making friends with the girls, or training your character to cook/study/etc...

It looks promising. ^^ I can't wait~
Old 2004-10-03, 15:24   Link #27
auriya

Cake?

Well, that's certainly...different. Bishounen, quasi-European setting, and baked goods combined. It looks like this will be one very, very weird anime.
Old 2004-10-24, 08:43   Link #28
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

13 eps

Well, by the look of this page on the official site, there's only going to be 13 episodes. The Bablefish translation for that page makes no sense to me. Nor does the interviews with the voice talent. Though I saw something somewhere that looked like it said that one of the characters was 400 years old or some such thing.

Anyway, the screenshots are very, very Bee Train. Looks like it's going to be very dramatic and angsty. Go figure.

Has anyone else run into any more information?

(BTW, it's getting near the time this thread needs to get moved to the Fansub section!)
Old 2004-10-25, 12:36   Link #29
auriya

The screenshots are beautiful. *_* Looks very dark and dramatic, which makes the cake thing seem even funnier. It's almost November--I can't wait to see what this show is really about. I hope they release a preview soon...
Old 2004-10-25, 14:39   Link #30
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I simply can't wait for this series. After years of complaining about Mashimo's directing techniques (so many slooow close-ups!), I finally realized I'd become addicted to Madlax and caved. Now I'm revisiting Noir and .hack//SIGN. The fact that Meine Liebe is from a studio/director I've just started to love is great; the bishounen and potential shounen-ai are only icing on the cake.
Old 2004-10-25, 15:16   Link #31
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
okie, so do we have any gun action fighting or not (like madlax and Noir, not the other "gun" ) and what do shounen yaoi blah blah mean(i have impression that this is gay/les/semi-pr0n anime??) ? YUCK!!! But as long as it has Yuki Kajuria,. i think i'm gonna jump it...grhhh
Old 2004-10-25, 15:43   Link #32
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
okie, so do we have any gun action fighting or not (like madlax and Noir, not the other "gun" ) and what do shounen yaoi blah blah mean(i have impression that this is gay/les/semi-pr0n anime??) ? YUCK!!! But as long as it has Yuki Kajuria,. i think i'm gonna jump it...grhhh
Yeah, 'cause we all know the slight possibility of there being some shounen-ai automatically translates to gay pr0n!!11! Honestly I doubt Meine Liebe will be anything more than the shounen-ai equivalent of, say, Madlax or Noir (both of which feature many strong female friendships that are either overtly romantic, if not very physical, or could easily be interpreted as romantic).

Anyway, it looks to me as though the action will center around swords, not guns.
Old 2004-10-25, 16:59   Link #33
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
But as long as it has Yuki Kajuria,. i think i'm gonna jump it...grhhh
I haven't been able to find any info whatsoever that it will. Avenger had Ali Project, so it's not a given that a Mashimo series will have Yuki, unfortunately.

I'm thinking there's going to be vampires, based on that 400-year old thing. If I were to guess, that'd be a huge departure from the game? (I don't know much of anything about the game besides what's been posted).

Vampires. Oh, and horticulture! Can't be a Mashimo series without some lesson in growing plants!
Old 2004-10-25, 17:44   Link #34
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Altough this is Bee-Train, I figure this anime will be more like "Utena" (swords) rather than "Noir"/"Madlax" (guns) but, inversely to those shows it will have shounen-ai overtones instead of shoujo-ai (and make it subtle overtones as in Bee-Train subtle overtones, otherwise I think it'll suck as most shounen-ai unfortunately tend to... )
When is this beggining, btw? I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 2004-10-25, 18:32   Link #35
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

November 4th. I'm not sure how fast ShiFa will be able to turn it around, but I'm going to do my damndest to help!
Old 2004-10-25, 18:40   Link #36
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE
Altough this is Bee-Train, I figure this anime will be more like "Utena" (swords) rather than "Noir"/"Madlax" (guns) but, inversely to those shows it will have shounen-ai overtones instead of shoujo-ai (and make it subtle overtones as in Bee-Train subtle overtones, otherwise I think it'll suck as most shounen-ai unfortunately tend to... )
When is this beggining, btw? I'm really looking forward to it!
Nov. 4, I think.

Your earlier comments about shounen-ai anime, while justified, are also fully applicable to shoujo-ai anime. YamiBou and Kannaduki no Miko (especially Kannaduki no Miko!) are certainly no less ridiculous or contrived than Gravitation. Actually, Gravi is kind of in a class of its own--all of the other popular shounen-ai anime (i.e. Yami no Matsuei and Kyou Kara Maou) come across as being much more restrained and ambiguous in their portrayal of of m/m relationships. Personally I'll take Maria-sama ga Miteru or Oniisama E over any other shounen-ai/shoujo-ai anime on the market.

It's interesting that you mentioned Utena--the outfits, swords and plethora of pretty boys in Meine Liebe immediately made me think of that series. btw, I'd argue that while shoujo-ai is obviously the focus of Utena (as it should be), the anime isn't totally bereft of shounen-ai undertones either. ^_~
Old 2004-10-25, 19:44   Link #37
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Your earlier comments about shounen-ai anime, while justified, are also fully applicable to shoujo-ai anime.
Of course they are, I didn't mean to generalize, nor do I watch much shoujo-ai either to fundament my statements. The only 3 animes I can recall are also the 3 I've mentioned (Utena, Noir & Madlax) who happen to have some shoujo-ai overtones and also happen to be 3 great shows I would reccomend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
It's interesting that you mentioned Utena--the outfits, swords and plethora of pretty boys in Meine Liebe immediately made me think of that series. btw, I'd argue that while shoujo-ai is obviously the focus of Utena (as it should be), the anime isn't totally bereft of shounen-ai undertones either. ^_~
lol yes you're right! Utena just had it all, didnt it? not to mention the movie which was one of the most wtf anime moments I've ever experienced... interesting series, it was and yeah, some of those Meine Liebe boys must have attended the same "bishounen academy" as Touga, I wonder if they'll also walk around with their shirts open all the time while doing pretensious poses

Well, 4 November, it won't take much longer now I've heard it's a 13 episode series... but what I would really like to know is if Yuki Kajiura is doing the music for this, however I doubt it, since she's been kinda busy lately...
Old 2004-10-25, 23:01   Link #38
wao
OK.

When you see the red car... I mean, red horse, you know it's time to look out.

I'd like to see if this show actually attains a WTF level of Utena. If it does I'll be a happy fangirl. WTF anime are awesome. WTF anime with bishies are even more awesome. ;D
Old 2004-10-26, 01:33   Link #39
Budi

Send a message via ICQ to Budi
The characters are too androgynous for my taste.

Is this series based on a bishounen game (dating/simulation game)?

I haven't watch much of Mashimo's work, the only one I've watched is .hack//sign, and I think it's pretty boring...

So far, the shoujo ai series that I've watched are Yami to Boushi and Maria sama ga Miteru. Yami to Boushi has too much fanservice, while Maria sama is decent and aesthetically pleasing, but boring plots, and the girls look like sticks...

I hope Meine Liebe will turn out ok.
Old 2004-10-26, 08:29   Link #40
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
When you see the red car... I mean, red horse, you know it's time to look out.

I'd like to see if this show actually attains a WTF level of Utena. If it does I'll be a happy fangirl. WTF anime are awesome. WTF anime with bishies are even more awesome. ;D
Even if it doesn't.... well, there's always Melody of Oblivion. Plus, a lot of past Bee Train anime have had that WTF factor (especially Madlax!). So I'm sure you can expect to be weirded out--that is, in a good way.
Closed Thread