AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-21, 16:31   Link #601
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I'm more interested in this one cause of Midori Fuu!
I didn't read any of his/her light novel works, but I love Fuu's illustrations:
http://www.geocities.jp/foomidori/

Click on each of the "*" on the left for the illustrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Also I think you should recruit more people for your website Neo, the database is nice (you finally cleaned all those spam up!!). I mean they don't even need to know the language well if they just help out with data entries with names and titles (most you can just grab off wiki and run 'em through romaji.org if needed or perhaps just help upload title covers from Amazon). If eventually you have enough users like manga-updates the database runs itself basically, which would be very, very beneficial for the English community. Maybe collaborate with Baka-Tsuki perhaps (I don't know where else the English LN readers congregate really), I don't know if BT's interested in helping but wouldn't hurt to ask (it certainly would help people when they set up the post for future project suggestion that's for sure ...).

Although this probably sounds pretty rude but I thought you died for a while but I'm really glad you're still keeping up with that project.
Nah, I haven't died out outside of work I spent most of my free time developing this... It was and still is lots of hard work I myself can't believe that I haven't posted in this forum for such a long time but I think not posting in this forum kept me concentrated on the dev work, but I really missed posting here

I haven't had the time to recruit people, currently most of my free time is designated to the addition of more features to the site, though recruiting people seems to me a harder job than any dev work

As to collaboration, I can only say, we'll see

Edit:

Ahhh... Kunagisa = stuopidget, now I remember you
Old 2012-09-28, 09:24   Link #602
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Beatless Dystopia manga is out BTW
Old 2012-09-28, 19:25   Link #603
NeoSam

And with the release of the first two "Hero Bunko" light novels, the publisher already announces the next three light novels to be published under the newly established light novel label, which are:

Ryugoroshi no Sugosuhibi 2 (volume 2 of the light novel I mentioned in a previous post)
Author: Akayuki Tona
Illustrator: Midori Fuu
Release date: 31/10/2012

Risou no Himo Seikatsu 2 (volume 2 of the light novel I mentioned in a previous post)
Author: Watanabe Tsunehiko
Illustrator: Ayakura Juu (the illustrator of the "Ookami to Koushinryou" light novel series)
Release date: 30/11/2012

Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo 1
Author: Sogano Shachi
Illustrator: (not mentioned yet)
Release date: 30/11/2012

The "Hero Bunko" label is a shounen label (aimed at boys) as mentioned by the publisher.

Keep in mind that light novels published under the "Hero Bunko" light novel label are based on novel works posted by users of the free novel posting site "Shousetsuka ni Narou" (where anyone can register and post their own novel works, and yes that means you can also freely read these works on the site). So all these works being published under the "Hero Bunko" label are the publishing of these online novel works in paper format and the addition of illustrations to them.
Old 2012-10-03, 00:04   Link #604
All Fiction

So apparently, on September 25th(which was a week ago), there's a brand new MF Bunko J light novel series titled "Gakusentoshi Asterisk" that got released, which from the looks of it, is a harem mecha musume battle LN.

More info about the premise, story, and characters can be found here:
http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?p=11718

It is written by Yuu Miyazaki and illustrated by okiura.

Here are some pics:

Spoiler:

Try reading this post of mine without having either the word "Infinite" or "Stratos" in your head. Oh wait, maybe it was already too late for me to tell you that.

Last edited by All Fiction; 2012-10-03 at 00:51.
Old 2012-10-03, 00:06   Link #605
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Ah, yes. That one. If I recall correctly, even MF Bunko is promoting that as "IS's successor".
Old 2012-10-03, 00:21   Link #606
justpassingby

Moppi キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!
Old 2012-10-03, 00:23   Link #607
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

With the illustrator as Okuira and the publisher as MediaFactory...
Old 2012-10-03, 00:28   Link #608
All Fiction

That's why I bolded the "MF Bunko J", "harem mecha musume battle LN", and "okiura" in my previous post.
Old 2012-10-03, 00:32   Link #609
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, first heroine seems to be the tsundere one lol. Premise seems a little bit more interesting than IS due to the protagonist is not the only male able to wear said armored suit. The appearance of 6 schools, each with their own quirks (one of them is fightmonger, which is on bad terms with another one that pu emphasis on rules). We'll see how it goes after several volumes are out though if this sensei is better than yumizuru.
Old 2012-10-03, 00:37   Link #610
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Infinite Stratos....I lost the game....
They need to add Charlotte in that, and everything will be a-ok
Yumizuru didn't say anything about this? *So I'm guessing IS will be discontinued forever =w=*
Old 2012-10-03, 00:42   Link #611
All Fiction

Oh, by the way, could anyone translate the plot synopsis of Asterisk?

Here's the synopsis:
Quote:
水上学園都市“六花”。通称アスタリスクと呼ばれるこの都市は、世界最大の総合バトルエンターテイメント《 星武祭》の舞台として名を馳せている。六つの学園に所属する《星脈世代》の少年少女が、煌式武装を手に己が 願いをかけて覇を競う――天霧綾斗もそんな学生の一人。星導館学園の生徒会長クローディアの誘いを受けて六 花を訪れた綾斗は、転校早々《華焔の魔女》ユリスの怒りを買い、決闘をすることになってしまう。「大人しく していればウェルダンくらいの焼き加減で勘弁してやるぞ?」「……それは中までしっかり火を通す気満々って ことだよね?」ところが決闘の最中、ユリスを狙う凶弾が放たれ――? 最高峰の学園バトルエンタメ、ここに 開演!
Thanks in advance.
Old 2012-10-03, 04:12   Link #612
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

TROLOLOLO !!!

What is with this ultimate lowbro insult ?! Now, it doesn't take much to outdo IS, but let's see where this goes from here

(One of the girls look like Cecilia)
Old 2012-10-03, 06:43   Link #613
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Infinite Stratos....I lost the game....
They need to add Charlotte in that, and everything will be a-ok
Yumizuru didn't say anything about this? *So I'm guessing IS will be discontinued forever =w=*
IS is continuing under a new publisher.But the SOB decided to take his time with IS and start a new series as well , which is this:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-03 at 07:08.
Old 2012-10-03, 10:26   Link #614
florza
一日之计在于晨

A rough translation of Academy City Asterisk summary:

The Academy City on water, "Rikka". This city, otherwise known as 'Asterisk', was famous for being the world's largest stage for the integrated battle entertainment <Star Wars Festival>. The young boys and girls of the <Starpulse Generation> belonging to the six academies made their wishes with Shining Armaments in their hands, vying for supremacy -- Amagiri Ayato is one of them.

Ayato arrived at Rikka at the invitation of the Student Council President of the Seidoukan Academy, Claudia, and right after that he incurred the wrath of the <Petalblaze Witch> Julis, and ended up having to duel her.

"If you're obedient, I'll pardon you by grilling you to only about well-done?"

"..... That would be cooking me thoroughly to my core, right?"

Then, in the middle of their duel, an assassin had fired a bullet at Julis -- ?

The greatest academy battle entertainment, begins here!

I'd read it.
Old 2012-10-03, 10:31   Link #615
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post

The Academy City on water, "Rikka". This city, otherwise known as 'Asterisk', was famous for being the world's largest stage for the integrated battle entertainment <Star Wars Festival>. The young boys and girls of the <Starpulse Generation> belonging to the six academies made their wishes with Shining Armaments in their hands, vying for supremacy -- Amagiri Ayato is one of them.

Ayato arrived at Rikka at the invitation of the Student Council President of the Seidoukan Academy, Claudia, and right after that he incurred the wrath of the <Petalblaze Witch> Julis, and ended up having to duel her.

I'd read it.
Battle for entertainment? How is that any different than IS?IS were allowed to be used for any purpose other than sport, and they built a freaking school for the purpose providing professional 'entertainers'.
Old 2012-10-03, 11:01   Link #616
All Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post

I'd read it.

Thank you.

Already sounds better than IS.
Old 2012-10-04, 10:02   Link #617
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

List of Dengeki Bunko's December titles:

(Sadly, no more Kamachi for the rest of this year)

Quote:
電撃文庫

12/10発売

●ソードアート・オンライン 11 アリシゼーション・ターニング 【著:川原 礫/絵:abec】
●魔法科高校の劣等生 (8) 追憶編 【著:佐島 勤/絵:石田可奈】
●バッカーノ!1935-B Dr.Feelgreed 【著:成田良悟/絵:エナミカツミ】
●なれる!SE 8 案件防衛?ハンドブック 【著:夏海公司/絵:Ixy】
●エスケヱプ・スピヰド 参 【著:九岡 望/絵:吟】
●サイハテの聖衣 2 【著:三雲岳斗/絵:朱シオ】
●ご主人様は山猫姫 11 南北雌雄決戦編 【著:鷹見一幸/絵:春日 歩】
●魔王のしもべがあらわれた! III 【著:上野 遊/絵:一真】
●竜と勇者と可愛げのない私 8 【著:志村一矢/絵:ぎん太】
●私立! 三十三間堂学院 (12) 【著:佐藤ケイ/絵:かみやまねき】
●ノロワレ 人形呪詛 【著:甲田学人/絵:三日月かける】
●シスターサキュバスは懺悔しない 【著:折口良乃/絵:KeG】
●異端児たちの放課後 【著:形代小祈/絵:兎塚エイジ】
●魔遁のアプリと青炎剣(アウローラ) 【著:天鴉 蒼/絵:ねりま】
●彼女はワロスの盟主さま はじめての天下逃一 【著:光野 鈴/絵:笹森トモエ】
●ブラックサンタとレインディア 【著:泉谷一樹/絵:白味噌】
Old 2012-10-09, 18:12   Link #618
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
IS is continuing under a new publisher.But the SOB decided to take his time with IS and start a new series as well , which is this:

And this series got horrendously panned...plus none of the artists' signature fanservice (her art is more raunchy than Okiura's)
Old 2012-10-09, 18:42   Link #619
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
And this series got horrendously panned...plus none of the artists' signature fanservice (her art is more raunchy than Okiura's)

Is there a reason I should even be surprised?This is ,after-all, a series penned by IS' author.
Old 2012-10-09, 18:45   Link #620
blackwhite67
Banned

Was there ever an author who strayed onto the path of evil/laziness?
Closed Thread

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases