AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-05-27, 21:28   Link #41
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

I've always wanted to try people. Seriously.
Old 2006-05-27, 22:26   Link #42
AnimeFangirl

Lemon meringue pie. And cat meat. I hear it's so good it's addictive.
Old 2006-05-27, 22:40   Link #43
sanghyun1990
상현

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
Well I did heard that human meat tasted best.
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 22:53   Link #44
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghyun1990
Pretty sure that was just pro-BJ propaganda.

Seriously though, no kuru (human form of Mad Cow) for me, thanks.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 23:07   Link #45
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I want to try different sea food, but i dont like sea food. ^_^

Quote:
Ewwww...... not nice, not nice. I feel that being cannabialistic isn't the way for me, unless i was hopelessely desperate for food, as in deathly starving.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 23:51   Link #46
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Funny, I've heard it tasted terrible...

Anyway, I've wanted to try taiyaki ever since I saw Kanon. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to soon. Of course, it won't be stolen by a cute girl with a winged backpack, so it might not meet my expectations.
Old 2006-05-28, 00:37   Link #47
Xerion12
Rawr! And stuff.. D:!

I wanna try curry. I like spicy foods and I hear its tastes great! Btw, what is curry made out of? o.0
Xerion12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 01:04   Link #48
wao
OK.

Curry is a general term for anything that uses (usually) ... curry powder. It's usually ambigous as to what curry powder is exactly but at home we make it using stuff that I don't know the English name of right now (the powder is called thunapaha in Sinhalese). Most of the time curry has chilli powder, and turmeric is also used frequently (it gives a yellow colour, a little taste, and is good for you too!)

You can make a curry out of tons of things. That's why I like South Asian cuisine; you can have a very wide range of food all currifiable - all kinds of meat and many varied kinds of vegetables (Don't think in terms of your [I am tempted to say pathetic] Western range of peas and carrots and brocolli and spinach!).
I have a terrible weakness for brinjal curry, and ambarella curry (don't know what that is in English again).

As for what I'd like to try. I STILL have never eaten chicken pie in my whole life... and lemon merangue pie. Actually, most pies. I've eaten apple pie and shepard's pie and that's about it, sadly...
But hm... I would love to taste some real teriyaki, I suppose. I don't exactly know what food I want to try - I think I have some sort of subconscious list but I don't know for sure. Anyway, in Singapore you get quite a nice range of foods... I know, I haven't tried a lot of Middle Eastern and South American cuisine. I'd like to try more of that (and real kebabs like someone mentioned above).
Old 2006-05-28, 01:31   Link #49
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I'd like to try more of that (and real kebabs like someone mentioned above).
Hey for those kebabs, you can check out this Turkish restaurant down at Arab Street, they are very very authentic, and oh, the Olive Bread is to die for!! O.O

Eh, I'm like JanthraX^, I want to try pizzas from around the world, New York, Italy even Japan etc etc// They are definitely different, sick of generic PH crap Wow people eat cat meat? I wouldnt mind trying that, hey, panda meat too; if the chinese dont hunt you down later. Dog meat however...
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 03:11   Link #50
yamikage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
But hm... I would love to taste some real teriyaki, I suppose. I don't exactly know what food I want to try - I think I have some sort of subconscious list but I don't know for sure. Anyway, in Singapore you get quite a nice range of foods... I know, I haven't tried a lot of Middle Eastern and South American cuisine. I'd like to try more of that (and real kebabs like someone mentioned above).
I myself would like to try Matsuzaka beef teriyaki. I've read from a local comic when I was seven that Matsuzaka beef is extremely delicious, and I've been curious ever since. And while we're on Japanese cuisine, I would also like to try authentic takoyaki and all types of sushi. I want to know if the ones they make here taste different from the authentic ones.

I'd also love to try abalone, truffles and caviar. I'm curious about the hype that these food have. Not to mention they are friggin' expensive. I want to know if the price is well worth the taste. I'd also like to try a variety of curry. The only curry I've tried is chicken curry and it liked it very much, even if it really wasn't that special. For dessert, I'm so curious of how crepes taste like.

Dog meat, eh? I've unknowingly tried one before. To anyone who's curious about it, it tastes a bit like pork. I never want to eat one again, however.
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 03:51   Link #51
Xerion12
Rawr! And stuff.. D:!

Eating an animal that is commonly used as domestic pets just sounds wrong to me and most people.
Xerion12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 13:11   Link #52
Roopoo
Roo

Send a message via MSN to Roopoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
I watched a documentary once that was all about Maori people (New Zealand) and this old Maori guy said he had eaten white men and that they tasted just like pork. If you think about it it makes sense considering pigs eat anything and so do most people. Well they eat Big Macs don't they??????
Roopoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 13:32   Link #53
Syaoran
Inactive Member

I like squid in all kind of preparation

Lots of people are disgusted by it, but it's really yummy ^^
Ok, the pic is not the kind to eat, but you get and idea ...
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 19:54   Link #54
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamikage
I myself would like to try Matsuzaka beef teriyaki. I've read from a local comic when I was seven that Matsuzaka beef is extremely delicious, and I've been curious ever since.
For food that's supposed to be as good as Matsuzaka beef, I'd rather try it without any spices or enhancements whatsoever, except maybe for a bit of salt and pepper. I mean, you can make practically everything taste good with enough salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Wow people eat cat meat? I wouldnt mind trying that, hey, panda meat too; if the chinese dont hunt you down later. Dog meat however...
There was a big dog meat revival back home last time I was there (though it's always been popular), probably partly because of the bird flu scare. I hear it's not bad either but it's good the way beef or other common meat is popular, whereas cat meat is more like caviar. Everyone I know who's tried cat said it was pretty good, whereas dog meat is pretty ordinary. And... I get the feeling I know entirely too much about this topic
Old 2006-05-28, 20:19   Link #55
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliinn
The reminds me, one time at a bar called lagoons i got alligator strips. Tasted alot like chicken
Old post quoting, but this also reminds me of something. Why crocs and alligators taste like chicken.

Scientists recently found a way to tweak chicken embryos to gow teeth. They found out that growing of beaks inhibits growth of teeth, the formation of the beak will stop some cells from releasing chemicals that will cause teeth to grow.

Whats interesting is that the teeth that the chickens grew were 100% crocodile teeth. This is a big piece of evidence for evolution, a certain gene was passed down by very early anchestors of chickens, this gene was for teeth, crocodile teeth to be exact. Supposedly chickens share an anchestry with crocodiles, if not descendants of a line of crocodiles that branched out. Its more possible though that a certain line of crocodile evolved into prehistoric toothed birds and then to modern birds with beaks.

----------

Anyway my weird taste for food = I love to eat rice on its own, other dishes are only a bonus.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 02:11   Link #56
beansprouts
五月天

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerion12
Eating an animal that is commonly used as domestic pets just sounds wrong to me and most people.
I heard that cows are considered sacred in some countries and religions, eating an animal that is commonly worshipped sounds wrong to me and most people.

I like to eat pig's intestines simmered in sauces, it quite a common dish over where I live and tastes absolutely delicious. I've tried frog meat and ostrich meat as well, doesn't taste too different from chicken and pork, if nobody tells me, I wouldn't have guess that those were frog meat and ostrich meat.

I've been wanting to try crocodile meat for a while now, but don't know where to find it though.
beansprouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 02:35   Link #57
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
If clamari is considered weird, I enjoy that.

I'll also eat just about any Korean food, and you don't want to know what half of it is. Yum.

I suppose on this board, no one considers sushi weird, but here at home most do. I can't get enough of it (no sashimi for me, though).

I suppose that's what happens when you have Japanese family members. I've been corrupted.

From my US family, I learned to love peanut-butter-and-dill-pickle. If any one cringes at that, i challenge you to take THREE BITES and then try telling me it's bad.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 13:03   Link #58
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprouts
I heard that cows are considered sacred in some countries and religions, eating an animal that is commonly worshipped sounds wrong to me and most people.

I like to eat pig's intestines simmered in sauces, it quite a common dish over where I live and tastes absolutely delicious. I've tried frog meat and ostrich meat as well, doesn't taste too different from chicken and pork, if nobody tells me, I wouldn't have guess that those were frog meat and ostrich meat.

I've been wanting to try crocodile meat for a while now, but don't know where to find it though.
I feel bad for the indians (indians = people from India, not the native americans). I guess they have to eat veggie burgers eh? It's not like the burger they server us are any better anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai
If clamari is considered weird, I enjoy that.

I'll also eat just about any Korean food, and you don't want to know what half of it is. Yum.

I suppose on this board, no one considers sushi weird, but here at home most do. I can't get enough of it (no sashimi for me, though).

I suppose that's what happens when you have Japanese family members. I've been corrupted.

From my US family, I learned to love peanut-butter-and-dill-pickle. If any one cringes at that, i challenge you to take THREE BITES and then try telling me it's bad.
I couldn't refuse your dare, but i still wouldn't try it ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 13:40   Link #59
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

There are not many weird food you can find in Turkish cuisine (due to a combined effect of religion and traditions). But there are still a few:
- (Roasted I believe) Tongue (of sheep or cow)
- Kokorec (barbequed sheep intestines)
- Iskembe soup (that uses tripe or rumen (i am not sure which word is used in general) of sheeps)
- Soup of bony meat scraps (sheep heads and legs are used)

I like the first three and suggest to anyone who visits Turkey (you may not be able to find some in Europe due to possible health dangers - which is not actually true). I haven't tried the fourth one and don't think I will try any time soon. But usually the last two are sold together in specialty restaurants (like a tripe-restaurant).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 13:45   Link #60
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Hotter the better! I love curry, chilli, Pizza has to have jalapeno’s on it. Anything spicy and I'll eat it.

Yumz.

Hunger Strikes. Badumdum.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote