AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-14, 04:01   Link #921
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Of course she was annoyed, that was obivious, but she willingly engaged in that back and forth even after making up her mind without any self-awareness of the fact anyway. It did not felt like the tedium on the viewer was intentional. Because of it very little happened in this episode, and I can't even justify this being 2 cours as an excuse.

I just hope next week is better because of now this was the weakest episode so far.
I guess we can compare Alice to her weapon of choice: the lance. She's straightforward, honest to a fault and will not bend easily. If someone talks to her, she answers back...naturally, if someone questions her ideals, she'll defend them.
On top of that, she's a knight and clearly following a code of honor that she firmly believes in.

Imo, Magane is the worst type of opponent for her. And I'm not even taking her power into account...
Old 2017-05-14, 04:02   Link #922
RDNexus

Quote:
Of course she was annoyed, that was obivious, but Alice willingly engaged in that back and forth even after making up her mind without any self-awareness of the fact anyway. It did not felt like the tedium on the viewer was intentional. Because of it very little happened in this episode, and I can't even justify this being 2 cours as an excuse.

I just hope next week is better because of now this was the weakest episode so far.
You saying that about this episode after us getting to know Hiroe had to cut a decent amount of dialogue for Magane...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 05:08   Link #923
Ultragunner

ehhhh.....when you discover a clue about a mysterious enemy, shouldn't the first thing you do is immediately tell your allies about it?

I am really REALLY not keen when any story does this. The MC just keeps things to himself because.....reasons?
Old 2017-05-14, 06:18   Link #924
magnuskn

Quote:
Not sure how you got from my post citing what I felt was a flaw in the episode equal to me disliking the whole show but okay.
Your comment seemed to be in the vein of "Pfah, how dare they try to have meaningful conversations, there are shows which are much meaningfuller, rassumfrassumwassum!". Judge the show on its own merit, not to what your imaginary perception is what it should be allowed to do and not do.
Old 2017-05-14, 06:32   Link #925
Spica

Selesia is the only one who can't fight at her full potential. MUP effectively nerfs her by taking away her mech. Since everyone else can fight with their all, why do this to only Selesia unless she has a grudge against her or something?

Or she just transports it and it's currently somewhere in the real world.

Also I like that Selesia and Alice agree on some points.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 07:13   Link #926
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Not sure how you got from my post citing what I felt was a flaw in the episode equal to me disliking the whole show but okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Your comment seemed to be in the vein of "Pfah, how dare they try to have meaningful conversations, there are shows which are much meaningfuller, rassumfrassumwassum!". Judge the show on its own merit, not to what your imaginary perception is what it should be allowed to do and not do.
Okay fellas, calm down. This show is not criticism-proof. Applehell's complaints are quite understandable. A couple of conversations did feel draggy (whether it's intentional or not). This episode is good, but it definitely can be done better. So let's all chill and not snipe at each other personally. This show is supposed to bring us fun and entertainment. A bunch of people making reasonable complaints are OK and par for the course.
Old 2017-05-14, 07:32   Link #927
ReddyRedWolf

Interesting observation that Setsuna's hair is braided like Selesia. What did Altair says about her? She was her master's favorite.

I have to take note the villains likes reality and would likely resist going back to their worlds. Since Hiroe is taking The Last Action Hero as inspiration well yeah it where bad guys can win.

Yuya however does not want to cause trouble and he sees himself free. Magane sees fun in unleashing the fictional Old Gods on the world of the goes for irony. The book she has is a book on Lovecraft mythos.

On another note I am anticipating Rui hitting on Mamika while Alisteria would go protective of her as she sees Rui as an enemy of all women.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 09:20   Link #928
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
why do this to only Selesia unless she has a grudge against her or something?
No, there's no grudge. Hime destroyed her mech while still in Selestias world. She fought her to try and bring her to her side. But it wasn't Hime that actually brought Selestia to the real world that was our creator wannabe.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 10:17   Link #929
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
ehhhh.....when you discover a clue about a mysterious enemy, shouldn't the first thing you do is immediately tell your allies about it?

I am really REALLY not keen when any story does this. The MC just keeps things to himself because.....reasons?
This make me dropped the series....what a pathetic MC.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 10:35   Link #930
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

Not when you were the reason (or one of the reasons) for her to appear in the first place. He's simply afraid. The reason is very simple as always.

inb4: yeah, I get it, you'd do the right thing right away.
Old 2017-05-14, 11:08   Link #931
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Souta's action of not saying anything to Selesia (who literally dropped a second after Souta found out the truth) is understandable but also not admirable. Let's hope that he just needs more time to sort things out before confessing to his companions about Altair & Setsuna to prevent bigger disaster(s).

Speaking of disaster, the highway area where the battle took place was conveniently deserted. If not, Alice would've already killed dozens of people when she sent Sele-Ora flying through the bridges .
Old 2017-05-14, 11:25   Link #932
_Ninja_

We don't really understand Souta's choice to keep quiet right now to be honest. All we know is that he looked shaken. But it remains to be seen why exactly, how long will he keep this up, and if his silence will lead to consequences.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 12:11   Link #933
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
We don't really understand Souta's choice to keep quiet right now to be honest. All we know is that he looked shaken. But it remains to be seen why exactly, how long will he keep this up, and if his silence will lead to consequences.
the fact which they are "wasting time" try to find her identity or find info about her already could be used to use the info to find a way to stop her or know what she true want or her reasons to do that.

that is the big problem with that "cliche" thing of keep silence, because a lot of things could be prevented or be different if instead of act selfish they actually go talk straightfoward, the group is trying desesperated to find info about her which could help then, by keep that info in "secret" he is helping her keep her plans to happen since they are wasting time in something which he already knew and could help a lot then to defeat her and prevent the worst.
Old 2017-05-14, 12:58   Link #934
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Souta's action of not saying anything to Selesia (who literally dropped a second after Souta found out the truth) is understandable but also not admirable. Let's hope that he just needs more time to sort things out before confessing to his companions about Altair & Setsuna to prevent bigger disaster(s).
I'd wait before rendering a judgement on that. Maybe he thinks he needs to find additional information and just hasn't realized how quickly things would escalate. After all, there were now four episodes of exposition before another clash happened.

If he is just keeping the information to himself "because he isn't just ready to deal with Setsuna's death" or something like that, I'll be pissed with the character.
Old 2017-05-14, 14:12   Link #935
Shadow5YA

They wanted information on Altair's Creator because learning about her would potentially give them more information about any weaknesses Altair might have.

But now that we know she is gone, that is a dead end.

Suppose that Setsuna intentionally designed her to be a villain who wants to destroy the world - what would happen then? All they would know is that they are hopelessly dealing with a time bomb from a Creator who probably wished for it to happen, without getting any closer to knowing how to stop it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 14:16   Link #936
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
They wanted information on Altair's Creator because learning about her would potentially give them more information about any weaknesses Altair might have.

But now that we know she is gone, that is a dead end.

Suppose that Setsuna intentionally designed her to be a villain who wants to destroy the world - what would happen then? All they would know is that they are hopelessly dealing with a time bomb from a Creator who probably wished for it to happen, without getting any closer to knowing how to stop it.
before die she could have "leave" some info toward altair, like a diary or note or something like that, which could be used against her, that is why still important for him to no keep for himself that info if he not gonna use to do a "secret research" himself if is just for "pit" or guilty them is very dumbass while understandable if him was really very close to her.
Old 2017-05-14, 14:21   Link #937
Shadow5YA

I'm not saying it was right to keep it to himself.

But considering Setsuna was suicidal, it is possible that Altair was designed to destroy the world. There might not be anything as convenient as a countermeasure written into her character.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 15:04   Link #938
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm not saying it was right to keep it to himself.

But considering Setsuna was suicidal, it is possible that Altair was designed to destroy the world. There might not be anything as convenient as a countermeasure written into her character.
i'm not saying just a "direct weakness, but even any info about altair personality, even if she is just a psycho full murder this can be still a better info than none and keep then at darkness cuz now they knew which they are dealing with just a psycho full genocidy and it can maybe help convince others to change sides, since she is not really trying to help anything and just blunt destruction that info and proof can be good enough to make the "heroes" or near heroes on her side to switch even some "evil" which are not full psycho and don't want a blunt totally destruction could be happy in switch or at last leave her side, that is why any info at this point can be important, they need info and he can't keep that info for himself without wait consequences, like i told each second or minute he keep on secret could be used to make plans to defeat her.
Old 2017-05-14, 17:10   Link #939
Hmm....

I actually prefer this episode's exposition rather than the previous ones. Seeing them going back and forth like that, you learn more about character's personality and ideology. Comparing this to previous episodes, it was all Meteora dumping as much information as possible with everyone else accept it as it is "Of course Meteora is always right, because reasons". That was not even a proper dialogue.

If there is anything to criticize about this episode dialogue, it would be their topic of choice is pretty cliche. A debate about definition of justice ? We have seen it before. So they might not be that many things new to learn about. So it is understandable why someone get boring if they aren't enjoy character's verbal exchange. However, the same can be said about action scene. They are always about characters flying, shooting, swinging sword around. There is nothing new. And I doubt this battle will ever has any decisive outcome. But we can still enjoy it nonetheless.

I also doubt if Setsuna is even matter that much to MUP existence at this point. She seem to be more like a creation of fans. In the same vein as Black Rock Shooter, other in Vocaloid franchise or Touhou project.

My theory is that while Setsuna might be an original creator of Altair, while she may leave behind a novel/script before her suicide. The novel became popular only after her death. Because internet love controversial stuffs like that. A bulk of what made Altair MUP is fan's contents afterward. Souta might be the one who originally draw Altair's concept art, but It seem her design was evolve over the years by her fans. That is why he didn't recognize her at first.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 17:23   Link #940
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
but It seem her design was evolve over the years by her fans. That is why he didn't recognize her at first.
Not years Altair came to reality the same day Setsuna jumped in front of the train August 23, 2016. It is now months later in November 2016.

Plus it is only Sota who can make the connection to her suicide as most people saw she just disappeared online. She didn't even look at the comments as she is resolved to off herself.

There was mention of haters but that was Setsuna's previous doujin work. Probably by Purists of original content.

MUP came to life the same day she was published and Setsuna died.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning