AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2014-04-18, 07:12   Link #9901
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Personal preference wise I agree - I was hoping for a grand wrap up finale of the series as a whole as opposed to who he ends up with or whatnot.

Even so, it is what it is. (Alas. )

Am looking forward to his next work with curiousity. ^^
Old 2014-04-18, 07:16   Link #9902
trojan13ic

dang...

with those posts.

i don't feel like reading the final chapter.
trojan13ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 08:14   Link #9903
ellifeedn
Thinker

Do you suppose the volume release with have an extra chapter?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 08:58   Link #9904
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Hahahaha. Laaaaameeeee. Good thing this **** finally end.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 09:06   Link #9905
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Health problems strike down yet another great series. Damn.

Hopefully he gets better and can move on with his life.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 09:20   Link #9906
kazzuya13

I guess that curtain calls for this great series.
Kind of like an empty ending.
Old 2014-04-18, 09:26   Link #9907
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altes View Post
The letter has nothing to do with Tenri's wings, anyway. Sad that her wings remained a Deus ex Machina.
Well... Diana's issue was that she felt that she wanted Keima for herself instead of her host. It was somewhat similar to the Chihiro and Ayumi situation.

Diana felt guilty because she was "stealing" Keima from Tenri.

Tenri reveals that Keima has already rejected her. Diana now feels free to love Keima herself. So Diana got her wings because she loves Keima, not because Tenri loves Keima.

At least, that's how I figure it worked.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 09:36   Link #9908
pampz21
ShipCore

Ok

Time to do some threat calls !

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 09:36   Link #9909
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

You think this is lame? My favorite girl is the karate girl, after the conquest she completely out of the picture. How do you think I'll feeling right now(and throughout the whole friggin series)? GODDAMNIT!

(Denial-Mode activated, considered only her respectively arc as solely canon everything else not!)
Old 2014-04-18, 11:07   Link #9910
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Well... Diana's issue was that she felt that she wanted Keima for herself instead of her host. It was somewhat similar to the Chihiro and Ayumi situation.

Diana felt guilty because she was "stealing" Keima from Tenri.

Tenri reveals that Keima has already rejected her. Diana now feels free to love Keima herself. So Diana got her wings because she loves Keima, not because Tenri loves Keima.

At least, that's how I figure it worked.
I thought the state of her wings was dependent on Tenri's "positive energy"? Didn't she even lecture Tenri that she was not "aggressive enough", but liked to stay content the way she was, which resulted in Diane's power not progressing? I thought the only problem caused by Diane being in love with Keima herself was just that it made all her attempts to help Tenri to get together with Keima look awkward or something like that? Well... I don't remember myself completely...

I am disappointed though, that Keima became a "mere human" at the end. I would have prefered the "god route" or the "it was all just a game" route...
Old 2014-04-18, 12:27   Link #9911
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Haqua confirmed for crapiest ending ever. No Keima. No best friend. Career ruined. It's sad to be Haqua.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 12:53   Link #9912
mark1246

read the Final chapter of The World God Only Knows Manga, some MAJOR plot hole LEFT, but it had it ending for what it is, hope for an epilogue.
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 12:55   Link #9913
Valky
Radioactive

Honestly, it's pretty shitty. It gets downhill after the goddess arc. It's like the author wasn't even trying, now we got this kind of ending. It doesn't need to be a harem ending, but he could wrap it more nicely.

And yeah, Haqua was a pretty major character, to get thrown away like trash, what a blasphemy.
Old 2014-04-18, 13:01   Link #9914
forcerounds

This sort of ending kind of reminds me of how the Hyouka anime ended.
Spoiler for end of Hyouka anime:

The ending of TWGOK isn't as successful as that, but at least I know what it is trying to do isn't aimless because it essentially did the same thing. Keima had no appreciation for real women or real life in general, got caught in a plot where his philosophies would be tested, and at the end, seriously fell in love for the first time. I expected Chihiro to act the way she did after Keima confessed. It's more realistic that way, and from the looks of things, those two are going to be alright, but they'll just have to spend more time together like real couples do and face the unknown. The ending, being open-ended, is quite ironic in that regard. Remember how many times Keima has said "I can see the ending?" Well, now he can't, because love in real life doesn't work that way.

But I'm sure most people will be disappointed about the plot holes and the pacing of the ending. That, I can understand. I wonder why Diana is still in Tenri's body. What was the significance of Demeter? Why didn't Wakaki use some panels to show Keima telling the goddesses that he was in love with someone else? Oh well.

Kaminomi is still one of the best manga I've read. Until I got tired of things in the final arc, I even called it my favorite manga (Silver Spoon is my favorite now). It was genuinely funny and the capturing arcs were great as well. Thanks for good memories, Wakaki-sensei! I look forward to your next series!

Last edited by LKK; 2014-04-18 at 18:36. Reason: added spoiler tag
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 13:01   Link #9915
Altes
Banned

Okay, I've said a lot of bad things about the ending that I'll have to take back now. Still don't like the Elsie part, but the rest is just fine, albeit a little sad. Yes, it's over now. Keima chose the girl he liked the most. Other girls respect his choice and move on, each in her own way. And we've got some closure with Dokurou, though I'm not sure what kind of life she's going to lead now. Return to Hell?

And this was The World God Only Knows. A wild ride. An ending that everyone in-universe is satisfied with. No more loose ends. I'm satisfied now.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 13:08   Link #9916
BW95
Banned

This ending kinda lacked impact.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 13:09   Link #9917
Divini
Senpai!

Have really mixed feelings about this. I'm glad Chihiro was able to find happiness after all that heartbreak she went through in the goddess arc. But seeing everyone else get rejected in THE harem manga (only behind TLR) makes me feel sad. Poor Tenri. T_T

However, I loved that Dokurou got a proper send off. She was definitely the best character in the last arcs.

And lastly, WHERE'S HAQUA AND URARA?? I wanted to see them one last time. No screentime in the final chapter??
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 13:09   Link #9918
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Yes. These and other points regarding its large popularity and commercial success are often brought up to say there is no way it could be ax'd. And I would agree.

But it still stands that the ending is out of nowhere for most of his fans and that he is quite capable of wrapping up very stories (and very effectively too) as shown in much of the rest of this work.

At the moment most can only speculate that it was indeed ax'd.
It reminds me of when Ranma 1/2 was axed, it still sold quite well but sales were declining and the editor decided that it was best to end the series ASAP and start a new one while the mangaka was still popular with the readers. So I bet months ago Wakaki was told to wrap up TWGOK, my bet it was when keima was in the past and he ought to do romeo and juliet, back then it make no sense to me that keima got suddenly depressed in the middle of his mission to save the world, to me that was wakaki showing his feelings.

I hope his next series is popular, it will be an added bonus if I also like it, but if it is something similar to the Kanon spinoff you won't see me commenting about it.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 13:12   Link #9919
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Chihiro ending. Ok that's good but Haqua ...
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 13:15   Link #9920
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I am fine with the ending. feel like proper send off instead super rushed ending like negima. we get proper closing ending . not best ending and we still get many question unanswered but as the ending it self. it decently handled.

well that certainly nice adventure of journey of our god. capturing girl here and there. some up and down. but otherwise is a nice series to follow

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen