AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2017-06-21, 14:25   Link #261
Wandering Soul

There's no doubt that Sumire is involved, the only real question is if she is the mastermind or just a pawn.
Old 2017-06-22, 05:00   Link #262
ReddyRedWolf

Seems like Sumire, an orphan...
Spoiler:

While Mitsuki is socially awkward he is quite emphatic. His origin point to that he was created.

He doesn't know what to say or do to save the girl so he is differing to Boruto.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-22, 06:52   Link #263
Kijiki
Random Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijiki View Post
Yes! Cho Cho is the best girl!

Sassy with a big heart! She has so much sass, but has the biggest emphathy towards the stalker ! I think I could safely say that she thinks outside the box! I love her so much ! My fave character by far! Her characterization, and knowing her more is something new. She is self-centered, but so much love!

I'm not a big fan of Sumire. She is sneaky. I don't trust her yet.

The interaction of Boruto with his friends is so cool, but at the same time funny.

My theory is that Sumire is actually evil, she is the one controlling the snake lol

All in all this episode is a solid 7/10 !

Good, but not the best!

So this is weird ? My theory is becoming real lmao.
From way long ago. But, we don't know yet . I don't know why I thought Sumire is evil
Or at least part of the evil plan back then. But, it is funny....

I assumed that the new monster is in fact in revenge for what is happening to his world
And Sumire is his key .... Maybe, Sumire is also a remnant of the First and She was born similar to Mitsuki...

So, far the plot thickens! I love it!
Kijiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-22, 14:45   Link #264
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Mitsuki going around the village and trying to learn some semblance of normalcy gave some pretty good spotlight to other characters, especially Sumire who was more or less a caricature of PTS Hinata up until now. But by far the highlight of the episode was the dinner scene and the aftermath on the overlook. Between that and Naruto's comments last episode about being clueless when it comes to fatherhood, this series is piling on layers in all the right ways and in all the right places

I do wonder how Mitsuki is involved though. If that father is who I think it is, it can't be for anything nefarious lest a lot of narrative goes out the window
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-22, 20:29   Link #265
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I now wonder if they'll adapt Mitsuki's oneshot
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-23, 08:02   Link #266
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post

I do wonder how Mitsuki is involved though. If that father is who I think it is, it can't be for anything nefarious lest a lot of narrative goes out the window
Mitsuki seems to empathize with Sumire because of similar backgrounds. Being experiments.

The guy is considerate to Sumire. Pretty good character development as in his first appearance in school he was choking a Iwabe.

Know what? I'd ship it.
Old 2017-06-25, 13:38   Link #267
BGD1337

Waiting for next episode!
For those who read manga, it is similar to anime or got a different way?
BGD1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-25, 14:03   Link #268
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The manga happens after they graduated and were separated into teams. It starts with the Chuunin exam.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-25, 14:03   Link #269
Galaxian

Magazine scan of the Nue...

Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGD1337 View Post
Waiting for next episode!
For those who read manga, it is similar to anime or got a different way?
So far, everything except for the first scene in episode 1 is not from the manga because the anime's current arc is set before the manga's earliest chronological point.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 08:34   Link #270
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Ugh here come another talk no jutsu ....
I wish for something different here , may be Sumire will sacrifice herself ? I don't think i saw her in Boruto the movie .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 15:14   Link #271
Tenzen12

I don't think I saw half of cast in Boruto movie. Even if we assume it's same continuity.

Anyway I hope she will stick around for while. She is second best girl.
Old 2017-06-28, 16:01   Link #272
Random14

Time to see if Boruto's talk no jutsu is up to his father's standard. I'm just happy that Boruto didn't accidentally distract Mitsuki so he could be drained of chakra to complete Nue, I was expecting that as the cliche thing to happen.

I doubt the Boruto series would be dark enough to kill Sumire (at least not this early), hard to tell if she'll stay part of the recurring cast. Although she could easily be off-screen during the movie.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 16:07   Link #273
DemonneoPT

Sumire was sexy af in this episode..lol.
One of the best episodes so far. Finally important stuff is happening and Boruto started to make real use of his eye even tho inconsciently. I just hope they don't go too deep with the talk no jutsu in the next episode, otherwise it gets boring fast...
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 17:46   Link #274
Wandering Soul

I don't think they'll kill off Sumire. This series has been pretty light so I don't see them killing her off. This is a good chance to see more of Boruto's abilities and how good his talk no jutsu is compared to his father's.

I just hope that whatever they do with her, Sumire sticks around with the main cast. She's one of the better characters introduced so far.
Old 2017-06-29, 07:12   Link #275
ReddyRedWolf

Let us see if Boruto can do better than his old man in bringing back a comrade that went renegade.

Naruto though he made a friend he couldn't save Haku. Gaara was is first convert from enemy to friend. Sasuke... Well it took years.

Plus this is saving the girl.
Old 2017-06-29, 11:49   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think Sumire will be killed off either, but will she be allowed to remain at the academy after everything she's done? I suppose Naruto could keep everything under wraps as a favor to his son and Sai. I think it all depends on whether the people who had their chakra sucked died or not, I can't remember.
Old 2017-06-29, 12:03   Link #277
DemonneoPT

Well, Sasuke was forgiven so... it would be a little hypocrite of them to not let her stay in the academy after she comes up to her senses. Especially because she is still a child! A brainwashed one.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 13:26   Link #278
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Well, Sasuke was forgiven so... it would be a little hypocrite of them to not let her stay in the academy after she comes up to her senses. Especially because she is still a child! A brainwashed one.
While I don't disagree, Sasuke had to keep a low profile for some time, didn't he?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 13:39   Link #279
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
While I don't disagree, Sasuke had to keep a low profile for some time, didn't he?
He spent about a year or two imprisoned (until Kakashi officially became Hokage and pardoned him), though his "exile" was pretty much self-imposed.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 16:32   Link #280
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

He also heavily contributed to the end of the war and Naruto, the hero of the war, personally asked for him to get pardoned. Even then, I don't think he ever officially became a ninja of Konoha. He works in the shadows.