AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-09-02, 13:04   Link #1
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Unknown caller on Iphone

Ok for last week I been getting this annoying call twice a day. The id says unknown and there is no number. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this? Because I can not sleep properly because this random call would wake me up.

I tried to iBlacklist and it is not working, and I tried to find answer all over the place and I got nothing.
Old 2012-09-02, 14:41   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Some providers let you build a block list. On my Verizon FiOS account here in the US I can add numbers to my block list via a web page. Perhaps your telephone service provider offers a similar option?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 14:45   Link #3
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Some providers let you build a block list. On my Verizon FiOS account here in the US I can add numbers to my block list via a web page. Perhaps your telephone service provider offers a similar option?
But numbers don't show up though.
Old 2012-09-02, 14:54   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
But numbers don't show up though.
There may also be an option to block all unknowns. If caller ID doesn't provide the inbound phone number, there's really not much you can do about it. My Panasonic wireline handsets let me block numbers, and some numbers that appear as "unavailable" can still be revealed with a bit of effort. Other unavailable numbers are entirely hidden and not blockable.

Again I'd talk to your service provider or browse its website.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 14:57   Link #5
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
There may also be an option to block all unknowns. If caller ID doesn't provide the inbound phone number, there's really not much you can do about it. My Panasonic wireline handsets let me block numbers, and some numbers that appear as "unavailable" can still be revealed with a bit of effort. Other unavailable numbers are entirely hidden and not blockable.

Again I'd talk to your service provider or browse its website.
Aright, I suppose that might be the best way, thanks anyhow.
Old 2012-09-02, 15:09   Link #6
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Have you answered the call and determined who was the caller? I know this is highly unlikely, but it could be an automated call or someone trying to reach you from overseas (might explain the odd hours, though once again, this is a long shot).

You could always phone your service provider and ask for the real phone number of the party calling you (miscellaneous note: I learned a couple months ago that some corporate services -like service providers- use anonymizers/ID blockers), though some SPs seal that data away even from their support desk employees...and only allow access to it if you're reporting a case of harassment and would like to press charges.
Old 2012-09-02, 15:18   Link #7
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Have you answered the call and determined who was the caller? I know this is highly unlikely, but it could be an automated call or someone trying to reach you from overseas (might explain the odd hours, though once again, this is a long shot).

You could always phone your service provider and ask for the real phone number of the party calling you (miscellaneous note: I learned a couple months ago that some corporate services -like service providers- use anonymizers/ID blockers), though some SPs seal that data away even from their support desk employees...and only allow access to it if you're reporting a case of harassment and would like to press charges.
I answered the call and it was a stranger. It wasn't a machine though, I told him f*** up few months ago and he did, but now he started to call again.
And yeah calling my service provider for some kind of support is probably the best way.