AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-03-31, 11:15   Link #61
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Damn Ubisoft taking forever to even respond to my ticket in regards to my account being compromised/character being deleted. Ugh, I don't wanna have to go through the training mode in the beginning.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 13:05   Link #62
YF19EX

That sucks. I hear Ubi is having all kinds of problems with account locks especially when crafting HE backpacks. Which is why I have not bought the blue print.

PSA. If you got the AGENTORIGINS outfits specifically the Police and Paramedic packs, you can use them to overstuff med kits and ammo. Simply equip each respective pack. Go to the ammo box at BoO or Safe house and load up. You then switch back to your higher end pack and you still keep the extra ammo and medkits.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 16:56   Link #63
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Today they had a stream which gave us a brief look at incursions (an incursion, actually; specifically the one dubbed 'Falcon List') and set items.

On another note, given their fondness for little (and not-so) nods - such as the pizza box and nunchaku lying on a street corner, and a certain pair of goggles on Faye's desk - I for one would not be averse to some nods to Assassin's Creed in the form of aesthetic items. Now, before dismissing this idea out of hand, consider that Ghost Recon: Phantoms does have AC-themed items (reference). As an alternative, it would be interesting to see an updated take on Nikolai Orelov's outfit, either as seen in ACC: Russia (reference) or his comic incarnation (pictured below)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 04:11   Link #64
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Going to save some money to get DLC soon.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 01:54   Link #65
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
What the hell is with this dark zone rogue BS? Sometimes I wonder who these idiot game programmers are when I see something so stupidly designed.

A group of trollers keep running into my line of fire to force me to go rogue, then kill me and my party and steal our loot. Then they stalk us and keep rogue-ing us, killing us, and stealing our loot. Then after I leave the dark zone to reset and start anew, I try to extract some loot with my party only to be rolled over by a group of high-level rogues and our loot is stolen all over again.

The rogue system is f***ing bullshit. I'd like to meet the idiots who came up with this thing to beat them over the head with a bat. 3 hours of dark zone and I've only regressed in progress because of these damn loser trolls.
Old 2016-04-04, 02:01   Link #66
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

^ PvP "experience" in a nutshell. Full of fuckwads. You play with friends? That's the only time I go into the Dark Zone, and then we don't attack anything if there are any other players around or near what we are shooting at.
Old 2016-04-04, 02:44   Link #67
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Played the first mission in hard to have it count on my Uplay profile.

Got killed a few times, but I changed my strategy to beat the Rioters...

Me thinks I should invest in PSN Plus for playing with others.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2016-04-05, 04:36   Link #68
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I've actually had a pretty fun experience so far, but that's because I've been running Dark Zone with my friends.

A good recommend to start seeing you through the late game, IMO, is the Pakhan LMG, which becomes available at the security wing's advanced weapons vendor once you hit lvl 30. The Pakhan is reasonably accurate, and the muzzle climb can be mitigated with stability mods. The great thing about it IMO is it's third talent, guaranteed extra damage to named characters. My buddies and I run Pakhans, and basically three Pakhans will shred Elites very quickly. It helps to run the Talent that gives you reduced recoil for 10 seconds when entering cover.

Also, if you find an M1A with the Balanced perk, keep it. Balanced is a perk that resets the crosshairs faster when the weapon is shouldered, which allows the M1A to become a hard hitting battle rifle. Balanced on an Assault Rifle basically means that you can chain together short accurate bursts of fire. And the M1A - particularly the SOCOM and First Wave versions - is IMO the best allround sniper rifle ingame ATM. At least, craftable/purple rifles. If you have to chose between a SOCOM/First Wave M1A and a Classic M1A, keep the SOCOM; it has an underbarrel mod slot for grips, which are always helpful.

Speaking of grips, mods that have Initial Bullet Stability benefit marksman rifles more. For SMGs/ARs/LMGs, get Stability/Horizontal Stability mods.

Assault rifles IMO were kinda underwhelming to an extent, but by the time I hit Lvl 30 and got purple Assault Rifles I started to see their use. THey're pretty useful in Dark Zone PVE because they can engage from further out than SMGs while still being pretty accurate, and short controlled bursts don't punish missed shots as much as with the marksman rifles.

As for good rifles, I heartily recommend the LVOA-C. You'll start seeing it around level 23, it's a pretty good rifle. Has a tendency to climb vertically in full auto, but it's pretty controllable in burst fire. I can easily put rounds into someone's chest and walk them into his head. I would totally be all over a high end version if I could find one.

The High End Vector 45 ACP BP should probably be an early purchase when you're doing endgame stuff. It unlocks at lvl 30 at the special gear vendor in the tech wing, next to Gear Recalibration. It shreds people and kills them quick. In terms of handling, I prefer the slower rate of fire, stability and larger magazine of the High End AUG A3, but the Vector is pretty good as a close in weapon. Other thing going for it is that it doesn't need high end division tech, unlike the High End AUG A3 or MP5N.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 15:55   Link #69
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm running the High end navy Mp5N at the minute, I got a great roll first time during crafting with almost max potential damage and some useful talents. Its a more usable/useful smg than the vector imo, since its mag can be expanded way more than the vectors with only slightly lower damage. This combined with its higher rof make it more competitive especially up close.

The only real draw back is that it requires DZ rank 50 and high end Division tech (as goose mentioned) to craft. This means you're gonna have to do a lot of Division tech farming if you dont get the stats you want with your first craft.

I'm also using the High-end SA-58 and its pretty beastly. Its 3 round burst hits around 12k (per round) on normal body hits, and almost triple for crits. With a good extended mag (with + rof) you can pretty much spam it full auto.

Weapons aside I'm gonna take a break from it until the incursion update on the 12th, hackers in the DZ are really becoming a real problem so I'm hoping the update will fix that to a degree.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-05, 21:33   Link #70
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

No Drake, don't take a break. Massive have released their patch notes and HOLY SHIT THE CRAFTING COSTS are taking a Massive jump. I'll just copypasta from elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch 1.1 Notes
Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
  • 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
  • 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
  • 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item

Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
  • Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
  • Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2
Old way:

8x purple weapon mods = 16x blue tools = 3x yellow tools
13x purple weapons = 26x blue weapon parts = 5x yellow weapon parts
(21 total items deconstructed = 1 new HE item)

New Way:

30x purple weapon mods = 60x blue tools = 4x yellow tools
45x purple weapons = 90x blue weapon parts = 6x yellow weapon parts
(75 total items deconstructed = 1 new HE item)

So yeah, we need to start faming and deconstructing NOW.

As for the Vector vs the Navy MP5N, the Vector is it for me ATM because well, i don't have DZ50. When I get the MP5N I'll probably stick with it though. As one of my friends put it, it's kinda boring and doesn't really stand out in any one way, but it's got decent stats all round and is consistent and reliable.

...being former Battlefield 3 players, we still pray every night for the P90 to show up ingame though.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2016-04-05, 23:23   Link #71
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Seriously? What's wrong with these idiot game makers? As if the BS in the dark zone and all the glitches and instability in this game weren't making me regret getting this game badly enough.......
Old 2016-04-06, 03:15   Link #72
holybell84

Arghhh.... definitely stopping for now..... as if re-rolling current stats ain't bad enough, now they are making more tedious....
Old 2016-04-06, 03:52   Link #73
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Massive's 1.1 patch notes can best be described as two steps forward, one step back. I just know a crafting cash shop is going to happen sooner or later.

Everyone, time to grind high end crafting materials.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2016-04-06, 09:35   Link #74
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

DA FUCQ MAN!!!

Great... Now I gotta double time since I just arrived at Camp Hudson.

Old 2016-04-07, 07:50   Link #75
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I watched a good video about the crafting nerf on youtube yesterday, its just nonsensical since it only effects the people who've yet to get to the endgame. Leaving the small percentage of players at the top with an ever more tedious grind.

I'm not worrying too much about the crafting increase since I have pretty much broken junk down from the very start. So I've a decent reserve of resources except for High end division tech, which is a massive pain to find and needed to craft any of the blueprints bought in the DZ.

To make matters worse you cant even craft/convert high end division tech the same way you can with the other resources. It wouldn't be so bad if it dropped regularly from enemies or the boxes respawned quicker, but because the boxes are fair game for everyone you will often be slumping from point to point in the DZ only to find they have been looted by somebody else with no indication on how long it'll take to respawn.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 18:21   Link #76
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I personally just buy the cheapest blue items from the vendors and break those down if I need a couple extra components. I've got almost 600k credits that I don't really do much with. I save the credits for crafting, pretty much, since I've got all high-end gear at this point.
Old 2016-04-07, 19:40   Link #77
YF19EX

Well my problem, is that I am a PvE solo, non dark zone player. So that severely limits my ability to get stuff. Sure they have boss drops, but never any yellows in Hard Missions and blueprints for good gear are limited at BoO. So now I will probably wait until the next heavy updates till picking up the game again. And I do like it, but like most games today, are primarily geared toward multiplayer as the key and left us solo players in the dust.

Edit: well looks like they may compensate us with more high end drops. Although not being able to tailor like blueprints, will give Solo players like me a better chance at getting HE gear.
Old 2016-04-07, 22:58   Link #78
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Honestly if they'd led with 100% High End drops from named bosses, people wouldn't mind because hey, 100% high end drop!

I predict more farming from UN General Assembly now, because theoretically we could get 3 High end drops per run now - one off Raptor, one off Domino, one off Bliss's chopper.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2016-04-07, 23:09   Link #79
YF19EX

Doesn't Bliss's chopper drops like 3 groups of items? Heres to 3 HE drops!
Old 2016-04-09, 10:59   Link #80
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
Doesn't Bliss's chopper drops like 3 groups of items? Heres to 3 HE drops!
Bliss' chopper drops a group of 4 items but we're not sure if he counts as an Elite, given that his chopper is unnamed.

Anyway was running Lexington Center with friends today. On a lark, I said this into the mic:

Inhabitants of Lexington Center, this is Agent Whiskey. Just in case you people have forgotten. , this building operates under the same rules as the rest of this city. Barrett's not the law. We are the law. Barrett is a common criminal. Guilty of murder. And as of now, under sentence of death. Any who obstruct us in carrying out our duty will be treated as an accessory to her crimes. And as for you, Barrett:

Judgement time.

[Dredd intensifies]

I believe in miracles.

Tags
clancy, multiplayer, rpg, shooter