AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-27, 15:11   Link #261
Alchemist007
*Author

While I enjoy this show in the same way I did the original (only saw it a couple years ago), I sort of wish it did get out of its comfort zone and maybe skip a few more years into H.S. or college years and maybe tackle a few less 'nice' aspects of life. But I suppose that's neither here nor there because as far as what it IS doing it's doing pretty well. I still wonder how serious it will get like the original did by the end.
Old 2018-03-29, 08:48   Link #262
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Tsubasa Chronicles is the series to watch if you want Sakura and Shaoran put into the grinder. While I appreciate and like it as a series very much, it left me shellshocked enough that I'm happy with CCS just focusing on the happiest and most harmless events in magical life. I'm invested enough in the characters that I don't think I can take another Tsubasa, as much as I like it.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 10:37   Link #263
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
good theory but still
Spoiler:
I had forgotten that detail. I thought neither she nor Yue could sense magic from the cards.
Old 2018-03-29, 10:44   Link #264
Ultragunner

Courtesy of reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...ura_no_basket/:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This is a reminder, that Cardcaptor Sakura is a basketball anime
Old 2018-03-29, 11:22   Link #265
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Courtesy of reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...ura_no_basket/:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This is a reminder, that Cardcaptor Sakura is a basketball anime
And a better basketball anime than KnB
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 22:41   Link #266
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

She played better ball than I ever did at that age.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 12:16   Link #267
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

She plays better than I ever did, period.
Old 2018-03-30, 12:38   Link #268
Ultragunner

I wonder if there would ever be a card named “The Zone”/“Zone”
Old 2018-04-01, 04:16   Link #269
xrick

Recap Episode this week. Not surprised, being this series only 22 episodes.
Old 2018-04-01, 06:05   Link #270
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She plays better than I ever did, period.
She pretty much would rekt that girl's ankles with that spin move if the girl tried to follow her. If I tried that now I'd rek mine.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 21:18   Link #271
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
ルークです

Spoiler for Episdoe 13 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 03:35   Link #272
xrick

Has anyone noticed Sakura's hair after it was dried? Did anyone notice the conversation during that time?
Old 2018-04-08, 06:39   Link #273
Random14

So looks like Meiling will be sticking for at least a few episodes, which sounds good to me. I was expecting just a quick visit, like back in the third season. Too bad no reference to when Sakura and Tomoyo visited Hong Kong (and Syaoran's place).

And what is with all the secrets? So Touya has something, but he's not telling Yukito (or Yue) until the right time? And even Sakura has noticed Syaoran is troubled about something, which says something about how bad it is. Meanwhile Kero just goofs off as usual.

Nice new opening and ending, I wonder how long until Momo joins the cast (then again, Suppi only had one misadventure with Kero before the reveal, but their antics has become a recurring part of the show ever since). Looks like lots of Alice in Wonderland references in there (hearts, maybe the crown and checkerboard design and roses?). I guess Meiling will see her first capture next episode, wonder what kind of wacky card is causing this.
Random14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 10:37   Link #274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Really nice to see Meiling. She gets along amazingly well with Sakura now.

Touya seems to be recovering his power, or has awakened a new one. However, he keeps saying he needs to wait until the time is right to reveal it, and we know Eriol and Syaoran are also waiting for something to happen. Perhaps he's working with them?

The OP and ED spoiled Momo being a familiar, but it's not like it's a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Has anyone noticed Sakura's hair after it was dried? Did anyone notice the conversation during that time?
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.
Old 2018-04-08, 10:43   Link #275
xrick

Meiling asking Sakura if she thought of letting her hair grow and the way her hair got after being dried seemed like nods to Tsubasa Chronicle.
Old 2018-04-08, 10:50   Link #276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Meiling asking Sakura if she thought of letting her hair grow and the way her hair got after being dried seemed like nods to Tsubasa Chronicle.
Oh. I've never touched that series, no wonder I couldn't figure out what you were hinting at.
Old 2018-04-08, 13:29   Link #277
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Meiling is coming back! Quick, how so we make her memorable?

Add cat ears and tail!

YES!

Seriously now, that was actually a better episode than I expected it to be, with Meiling bringing cheerfulness and fun to a supporting cast that desperatly needs it (minus Tomoyo and Kero, of course, they've always been awesome), and even when she acts all polite it works because that's not her usual self. I've been thinking lately about why Meiling is so beloved despite carrying the anime original label, which is often despised, or at best seen with aphatetic disdain, and a good part of the reason might be due to her fitting perfectly along the supportive Tomoyo and the cheerful yet often shy Sakura; she doesn't come off as an extra put in there to cover some space on the screen, but rather, one more member of the crew. Of course, there's much more to consider, like the shoujo-esque nature of the story making it very easy to add a doomed rival type character, and her debut came before anime, and some of its nastiest bits, really exploded thanks to the internet, but I don't want to make this (more of) a speech.

Back to the episode, thanks for letting us know Momo is familiar with that OP, I guess, and the scene with Akiho really makes you think about what exactly is going on and the origin of the new cards. Could it be this is just one fairy tale being brought to life? Kinda hope not, because that would make this entire series just a really long version of the Create card episode.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:22   Link #278
Norn
Dazed and Confused

I really want a Kaiju Sakura plushie

Quote:
Yes! It was a nice touch~ That and Meiling being back made for a very nice episode, amongst other things. I hope she stays for a while.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:30   Link #279
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

For me, the first episode of the second half is a mixed bag.

On one side, we do get some plot development with Toya regaining his powers and hints that the book that Akiho is reading is connected to the Clear Cards. However, when it comes to the stuff with Sakura and Meiling, it really felt like the show is trying to drag out her appearance (and her involvement in a card capture) into two episodes, with not a single hint of the any "cardcaptor" business until we get hints of Meiling sporting cat ears as a set up for next week's episode (continuing the new series' flaw about how some cards are coming off as afterthoughts and thus lack the fun of the original series).
Old 2018-04-08, 23:48   Link #280
SeaDoor

I'm just here to offer my wholehearted support for nekomimi Meiling.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote