AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-12-30, 17:15   Link #181
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wheelchair as leg?
Old 2015-12-30, 18:29   Link #182
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Wheelchair as leg?
Ever watch family guy? Doug is voiced by the same guy who gives his voice to joe swanson and he sounds excatly the same in the game. patrick warburton doesn't seem to want to make him sound differnent to the wheelchair cop.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 00:56   Link #183
shadow1296

there never been a game i loved and at the same time get so annoyed with than this on, i is a brilliant game but when it comes to some of the sidequests one wonder what programmers were thinking when hey made them, like there are certain sidequests outcomes can change if you do this one thing, you are never told what this thing is it never prompted or brought up or talked about in the mission except in one of, like the that involves regrowing a sacred tree one xeno's involved eats it so you go through the process of gathering the materials to make another only to have another one you've more than likely never met come up and eat it, but this outcome can be changed if you talk to the one who eats it before hand and the player would never know who that is beforehand and is never told to talk to them before hand. this is just one of a few examples that happened. and this frustration could have easily been fixed if we had multiple save files this game was designed to have multiple playthroughs but to have people learn and try for different outcomes even if the main story didn't and without multiple saves its like the game is saying well you want start over that's just erase the 100+ hr character you have to do it, and yeah i get the argument well just make a new account that is not the same as being able to have multiple saves, I truly love this game and its a truly great game but it is things like this that keep it from standing on the same level as the first installment and being a masterpiece
Old 2016-01-08, 08:50   Link #184
Sides

^ LOL
I managed to break up a couple, because I chose the wrong gift. Honestly it just shows what type of person one is. Besides if you did talked to all the NPCs you would have figured out that some sidesquest can have an alternative ending.
But the worst bit is
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sides; 2016-01-09 at 18:53.
Old 2016-01-17, 15:10   Link #185
Sides

Just finishied the story, it is ok, but the epilogue hints too much towards a sequel. Honestly personally i think they should have left that bit out, unless they are really planning on a sequel or expansion to the story.
But overall game is worth every penny, finishing time for me was 200h, and still not having competed all the side quests and stuff.

Things I don't like were, grinding affinity to unlock side quests and therefore items, inventory management, the way the lock-on mechanism works, no new game+ or additional savefiles (in case you want to create another character), and the lack of roaming of npcs. If people can remember the xenoblade, npcs actually were actively moving around. In X they stay at a fix position and warp to another depending if they are scheuduled to be in another space at a certain time.
Other things people might moan about ius the lack of lip sync, they are basically still synched to the japanese voice files, would have been nice if they offered people to download the japanese audio, just for this reason. IIRC this localisation was done by NOA and 8-4(...), it isn't bad, but lacks a bit compared to xenoblade.
But overall the positive things outweights the negative ones for me. So if you have a wiiu, like jrpgs and battle systems that are similar to ffxiv, get this game.
Old 2016-01-17, 16:50   Link #186
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Considering how ridiculously huge the game is and not to mention the post-game content it unlocks, I don't know what New Game+ would add. Even that in the original Xenoblade was superfluous.
Old 2016-01-17, 18:01   Link #187
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Considering how ridiculously huge the game is and not to mention the post-game content it unlocks, I don't know what New Game+ would add. Even that in the original Xenoblade was superfluous.
Re-doing some of the side missions of course. Like mentioned before depending on the choice you make, it will have different consequences.
The only way to redoing them is override you savefile or play the game as a different user, sadly.

But obviously there is a point for not having a new game+, is the mutliplayer part. It just won't work. But the option to having a second charcter file without swapping profiles would be nice.
Old 2016-01-17, 21:29   Link #188
shadow1296

yeah kind of wish there was a new game plus, too. or atleast a way to play some of story missions over again maybe at a higher difficulty. and the multiplayer while a decent attempt is well sorely lacking thanks to the no matchmaking, i kid you not i waited for 30 min. for someone to join me for the global nemesis no one came, and honestly most of the endgame content besides a few side quest and affinity missions is grinding to get ares 90, the true versions of the unknown brand armor, and gaining the equipment to take down the telethia. that said the reward is well worth it for most of it, there is a satisfying feeling flying around in the ares and taking out the level 80 and 90 enemies you had to run from your first time through and completely destroying them,
Old 2016-01-18, 01:25   Link #189
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
yeah kind of wish there was a new game plus, too. or atleast a way to play some of story missions over again maybe at a higher difficulty. and the multiplayer while a decent attempt is well sorely lacking thanks to the no matchmaking, i kid you not i waited for 30 min. for someone to join me for the global nemesis no one came, and honestly most of the endgame content besides a few side quest and affinity missions is grinding to get ares 90, the true versions of the unknown brand armor, and gaining the equipment to take down the telethia. that said the reward is well worth it for most of it, there is a satisfying feeling flying around in the ares and taking out the level 80 and 90 enemies you had to run from your first time through and completely destroying them,
Most people aren't prepared to take down the Telethia Plume or Yggralith. Telethia's level may sync at 35, but unless you (or someone else you're partying with) are level 60 with full gear and augments, chances are that he will trash you and your Skell.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 02:26   Link #190
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Most people aren't prepared to take down the Telethia Plume or Yggralith. Telethia's level may sync at 35, but unless you (or someone else you're partying with) are level 60 with full gear and augments, chances are that he will trash you and your Skell.
i would agree the time i did it was when the terminal room filled with level 50 and above cross's and i was doing plume's, and i don't really need help with yggralith you can basicly solo it with ares, plume was the only one i needed help with with its ether reflect status
Old 2017-01-13, 04:36   Link #191
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆

*sees new Xenoblade's character designs*

...?!?!?!
...We, well, it's not "bad" or anything. I'm just a bit... shocked. At the least, since BandaiNamco/Tales is out of the question and Final Fantasy has a bunch of real-ish hosts for characters, this could be a good replacement in its own anime-ish ways.

...Yeah, I'll be honest and say I liked the realistic touch designs of the previous two games.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 16:08   Link #192
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...Yeah, I'll be honest and say I liked the realistic touch designs of the previous two games.
I agree. The style of the past titles gave it an unique flair to the series. I am puzzled that they went with the anime like design with the sequel.