AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-29, 01:34   Link #1
Keirn

Anime recommendations?

I've watched a few animes and finished them (or at least watched them up to the newest episode) and I don't know what other animes to watch now, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on which ones to watch now?

Ones that I've seen so far are (organized by the ones I liked the most to ones I didn't like so much):
1) Chobits
2) Bleach
3) Death Note
4) Ichigo 100% (actually, I liked the manga but not the anime really..)
5) Naruto (well before the "fillers" came in)
6) Inuyasha
7) Zero No Tsukaima
9) Tsubasa Chronicles
8) Shuffle (I liked the beginning, it got kinda weird later on though >.<)

So, is there anyone who has any recommendations?

(Sorry for posting in the wrong forum >.<)
Old 2006-12-29, 01:48   Link #2
ang89
Anime lover

ehm I tink this is the correct forum to post.

Anyway, I recommend Shakugan No Shana and Fate/stay night. Both anime have action and fantasy as their genre, with a touch of romance.

And maybe Ai Yori Aoshi ( season 1 and 2), Aoi is the girl that I dun mind marrying.

And full metal panic ( all 3 seasons). A mecha anime with tons of anime and a love hate relationship between the main leads.

Full Metal alchemist

Code Geass
ehm tts abt all that I can tink for the moment
Old 2006-12-29, 01:51   Link #3
Keirn

Thanks for the quick reply
I'll check those out.
Although I forgot to mention I generally don't like mechas very much >.<

(oh and my post was moved to this forum; wasn't originally posted here)
Old 2006-12-29, 01:54   Link #4
jedinat

You must watch Juuni Kokuki simply because you must.

Watch Ichigo Mashimaro because it is hilarious.

Take a look at Genshiken because it is hilarious and an interesting look at otakus.

View Mushishi for the incredible sense of "wow" it leaves you with after nearly every episode.

Check out Trigun if only because Vash is awesome.

And finally, watch Haibane Renmei because it is one of the best anime ever made.
Old 2006-12-29, 01:59   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Rarely do I rarely bother to simply ditto someone else's post. Do exactly what jedinat said (with one exception) and you'll have seen some of the best.

That one exception is that I didn't find Ichigo Mashimaro very funny. For the quota of funny, you need to watch School Rumble. It will nearly kill you with laughter, so be careful. Every other suggestion he made will help make you a better anime fan.

(And you're forgiven for posting in the wrong forum. I moved it as soon as I noticed.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-12-29, 02:07   Link #6
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I second FMA and Code Geass both are a must watch. Also since NSW recommended School Rumble, Im throwing in Ouran Host Club, its possibly one of the funniest animes ever.

And jedinat is right, Vash is awesome.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-12-29, 08:16   Link #7
Forgetful_Duck
Dame Ningen

Full metal Panic, fumoffu, The 2nd Raid, all 3 - probably my favrouite of all anime

School rumble! The first season, well the first few epsiodes are kidna random and u'll be thinking its strange, but once u start watching the 2nd season (ni gakki) it should get better.

Rurouni kenshin, Watch up to and end of first 2 story arcs, the rest is trash. Or better read the manga...

Welcome to the NHK! (NHk ni Youkoso!) - Personally loved it, and the manga. Comedy, romance, bit about life...

Samurai 7 - found it a bit touching. very high qaulity anime

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - horror themed, revolves around story arcs with a major climax, each arc resets the characters to some degree (ie they come back to life...) but assumes you know stuff thats happened in past arcs.

Gunslinger Girl - 'Deeper level' of anime, looks at the life of these young girls trying to be 'human' yet at the same time are merciless assassins.

Kimi ga nozomu Eien - Love, betrayal, Friendship stuff, drama, sorta liek watchign TV series. Its pretty good in my books.
Old 2006-12-29, 12:37   Link #8
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Another one you might wanna watch is Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO), the show is legendary and I think everyone who has seen it liked it.

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi is also a great funny show you might wanna checkout.
Old 2006-12-30, 03:21   Link #9
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I would advise "This Ugly and Beautiful World" I have to say that it is one of the anime that i felt really spiritually fulfilled as it discusses about the appreciation for the world and makes you wonder what will happen if it's suddenly gone.

The romance in the anime was very bittersweet and the whole show made me cry because of the beautiful message it conveyed and the sad ending...(must watch to understand) I personally felt Gainex did a good job with it and a must watch.

The OP song is very catchy too was singing to it for ages
Old 2006-12-30, 05:45   Link #10
MamoruUsagi

Some romance anime/manga

Bokura ga Ita

Fushigi Yuugi

Fushigi Yugi manga is a lot longer and better than the anime.

Marmalade Boy

Happy Hustle High

Ayashi no Ceres

Bokura ga Ita

Kare Kano

Peach Girl

Sailor Moon

Sailor Moon has the couple as boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series, lots of kissing, they get married, have a child, become king and queen, get engaged, have a wedding.

Kare First Love

Akuma De Sourou

Hot Gimmick

Kodocha

Mars

Boys Over Flowers

Absolute Boyfriend

Fushigi Yugi

Paradise Kiss

Marmalade Boy

Fushigi Yuugi the manga has lots of romance, kissing, dating, marriages, engagements, weddings, it's great. The manga is much longer than the anime.
Old 2006-12-30, 18:41   Link #11
Keirn

Thanks everyone for all the suggestons I've checked most of them out and they look very good

Didn't know what an Otaku was till I watched some Genshiken....geez, I'm such an Otaku...I wanna join a club like Genshiken :'(

Last edited by Keirn; 2006-12-30 at 20:09.
Closed Thread