AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-09-23, 20:03   Link #2021
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

.......So, how much time HAS passed in the entire manga?
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 20:06   Link #2022
NecocYaotl

Flag 55 happened before summer vacation, way more than a month ago, so Apollo hasn't awake yet and Kanon didn't fully remember what happened.
Although, this would make Keima elimination for Mio and Kusunoki meaningless. IF (and only if) both of them actually have goddess, probably after developing love for breads and pastries for Mio and developing love for her dojo and disciples for Kusunoki, there's possibility they will make a major comeback?
Wakaki should have make a clear line to make fans know when they should give up... Because there are people who will cling their faintest hope even to a thin rope if they're given a chance (like me)
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 20:24   Link #2023
ellifeedn
Thinker

After Kanon learns of the whole situation with the weiss and other related details (probably tasering Keima for every girl he kissed every kiss he had with a girl that wasn't Kanon), how much you wanna bet she'll be stalking Keima whenever a new target appears and getting in the way?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 20:25   Link #2024
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecocYaotl View Post
Flag 55 happened before summer vacation, way more than a month ago, so Apollo hasn't awake yet and Kanon didn't fully remember what happened.
Although, this would make Keima elimination for Mio and Kusunoki meaningless. IF (and only if) both of them actually have goddess, probably after developing love for breads and pastries for Mio and developing love for her dojo and disciples for Kusunoki, there's possibility they will make a major comeback?
Wakaki should have make a clear line to make fans know when they should give up... Because there are people who will cling their faintest hope even to a thin rope if they're given a chance (like me)
Hence why I said Keima should go old school galge level grinding like Yuki.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 20:46   Link #2025
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Mm. I don't think there ever was a clear number on how many goddesses there were, so maybe all of the girls Keima has captured have a goddess in them? Maybe this would be how they explain the lingering interest in him despite hell's progressively worse brainwashing.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 20:46   Link #2026
pampz21
ShipCore

well that will suck...he's the Otoshigami my friends....GODS doesn't have much free time to see commoners! they have work to do...but for Keima he got games to clear!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 20:48   Link #2027
NecocYaotl

Yukie method took times and is a long-term capture. I don't think Keima willing to use his times to do that instead of playing his games. He may just give up on finding the goddess if he think it less efficient than what he do now.
Old 2010-09-23, 21:11   Link #2028
lightbringer
M9000

Keima did say that he will dedicate all energy towards finding the goddesses if he can confirm just one. It's also beneficial for him since it can dramatically shorten the time he has to hunt Weiss.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 21:18   Link #2029
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Color me disappointed for the reveal.

Kanon was / is very lackluster as a choice.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 21:26   Link #2030
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Its about damn time, Curious why hes rushing it now though, showing 3 evil people and bringing in a goddess in 2 chapters :O.

Hope, Athletic girl is our next goddess.
Old 2010-09-23, 22:29   Link #2031
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 114 - More info:

Also... Kanon is lovely to the maximum.
Ah I see, so that's how the author played that card. Also given the circumstances we know that goddesses don't immediately awaken after a capture and take time to settle in. So it could mean that even the girls Keima had ruled, as people had guessed already, still have potential to have goddesses. The real question is how many goddesses there are, if you take factor that the author made some figures as descendants then it's possible that excluding Apollo and Diana there are still 10 more to go if you include Jupiter who, can be inferred as a descendant and a de facto leader of the group.

Also for a bit of foreshadowing fun and speculation; rereading parts of the series caught my eye. Of course this could be the author screwing with his audience; sorta like how HnG likes to play with its character's relations.

Spoiler for chapter 108 title; and possible speculation:

Makes me wonder if I should bother going back and seeing if there's any similar chapter titles. Is there a wiki or list of chapter titles floating around?
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 22:55   Link #2032
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for 114 elsee:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 22:57   Link #2033
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Considering this is high school Japanese kanji level, I would be ecstatic after just a few months of studying Japanese from that "just being able to read the questions"
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 23:45   Link #2034
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Color me disappointed for the reveal.

Kanon was / is very lackluster as a choice.
One of those rare cases where I completely agree with you.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 23:55   Link #2035
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Which is why Apollo is an idiot. She knows Kanon likes Keima and couldn't put the two things together.
Apollo already knew the source of her power and Kanon's feelings for Keima, when she said "[Your] songs are filled with love!" Her comment here implies that Kanon's love for him was being conveyed, whether it was done subconsciously or not, through her songs. She is not saying she regained her powers due to Kanon's songs in themselves alone, but because they were imbibed with her love toward Keima. Well, your opinion may differ.

And if you take the bonus 4komas as part of the canon, like you did, then Shiori would logically be the next Goddess holder.

@Zekori: Just Wiki It.

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-09-24 at 00:14. Reason: WWWD?
ImAKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 00:32   Link #2036
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Considering this is high school Japanese kanji level, I would be ecstatic after just a few months of studying Japanese from that "just being able to read the questions"
She has been able to talk Japanese from the start of the series, so it's safe to assume that Hellers had gone through some training, including linguistic before going to Earth.

That, or they have always been proficient in speaking, but not reading.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 01:33   Link #2037
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
This is just an excuse for the author...I bet he didn't think of that idea when he started the manga (at least, he didn't think of that in Kanon's arc )
Sounds to me more like someone's just not a fan of Kanon's character and is showing their disdain for the author's choice by trying to diminish the author's skill. If you're unhappy with the story direction, just say you're unhappy with the story's direction. Opinions are fine. Accusations, not so much. Remember that this is the same mangaka who has had Nikaido in a choker since the first chapter (sans the high school picture during the Jun Arc), but let the story take another 100 chapters to give us a hint on its significance. Wakaki-sensei has no problem with foreshadowing, so don't just cry "asspull" when you read the plot wrong...

Anyone care to speculate on Kanon's luminosity as she performed at the end of her arc? Sure, Apollo may not have been conscious by then, but she was certainly present by then... Maybe once Kanon got her heart's gap filled, she was finally able to fill her songs with love...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
She has been able to talk Japanese from the start of the series, so it's safe to assume that Hellers had gone through some training, including linguistic before going to Earth.

That, or they have always been proficient in speaking, but not reading.
Hell's got translator microbes...
Old 2010-09-24, 01:41   Link #2038
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
Apollo already knew the source of her power and Kanon's feelings for Keima, when she said "[Your] songs are filled with love!" Her comment here implies that Kanon's love for him was being conveyed, whether it was done subconsciously or not, through her songs. She is not saying she regained her powers due to Kanon's songs in themselves alone, but because they were imbibed with her love toward Keima. Well, your opinion may differ.

And if you take the bonus 4komas as part of the canon, like you did, then Shiori would logically be the next Goddess holder.

@Zekori: Just Wiki It.
Before you edited your answer you said "Kanon's songs are full of love." .

You reversed a bit me having got you in Keima hence editing your answer.

Further proof Apollo doesn't have clue is that despite knowing Kanon's love for Keima she isn't of any opinion Kanon should reveal her existence to Keima. Note she is dumb. Her sister Diana had Tenri get closer to Keima to increase her power, she's the smart one. Greater amounts of love makes goddesses stronger.

This means Apollo only thinks songs full of love alone can power her.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 02:00   Link #2039
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Hell's got translator microbes...
Perhaps a babel fish?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 06:08   Link #2040
NecocYaotl

Is Kanon's song really only filled with Kanon's love for Keima?
Nothing mention that goddess power source is only come from love toward opposite sex, I think it's also include family love, friend love, animal love, and other kind of loves. I do not think taking what Apollo said as plain wrong and the love filled in the song is Kanon's love for Keima is a good thing to do. Maybe, yes, it's included, but also her love for her fans.
Goddess and Runaway spirit although different have some similarities. I think if we use Runaway spirit growth level as comparison, Diana will be level 3 (can talk with her host, can use her own power, can take over her host's body and have a halo) while Apollo still level 1 (only able to talk).
In his blog, Wakaki said that he already thought of goddess concept from before it get serialized. I think it's only his lack of skill that makes readers thought otherwise.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen