AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 19 32.20%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 44.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 8.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 8.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-14, 00:24   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valvrave the Liberator 2, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-11-14, 11:52   Link #2
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for first half:

Hope I won't be interrupted while watching the second half... >_>
EDIT:
Spoiler for second half:

Next ep preview to follow.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-11-14 at 12:02.
Old 2013-11-14, 12:10   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-11-14, 13:18   Link #4
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Spoiler for first half:

Hope I won't be interrupted while watching the second half... >_>
EDIT:
Spoiler for second half:

Next ep preview to follow.
Spoiler for Mikhail:
Old 2013-11-14, 14:32   Link #5
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

No wonder why L-elf landed in Dorssia, so it for his princess the whole time. A-drei x Saki ship sunk as quick as the preview began, L-elf get beaten up in the preview probably by Cain. Also Haruto's dad is pathetic, don't judge the book by cover but this time I was wrong.

Edit: when will Crunchyroll release the damn episode :/, usually when I get right back at home the episode was already released. I hope they know that I only paying because of Valvrave...

Edit: I swear Crunchyroll, if ep 6 isn't released by the time I return from the parent & teacher conferences I'm cancelling my subscription

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-11-14 at 16:59.
Old 2013-11-14, 14:32   Link #6
Fjoergyn

We finally reveals real name xD

Haruto's father is another mad scientist of sunrise xD
Old 2013-11-14, 14:58   Link #7
II Maestro

Um~! Haruto's dad is um ... has a screw loose.

So L-elf has now meet with his princess.
Old 2013-11-14, 17:31   Link #8
kuromitsu

Yep, this show is getting more and more epic.

Spoiler for ep 6:

And Seki Toshihiko. SEKI TOSHIHIKO. Thank you.

Oh, and that tram/streetcar was so nostalgic. Some of its older brothers (fathers?) are still in use today around here...
Old 2013-11-14, 18:05   Link #9
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Oh E-Elf..I mean Mikhail/Michael you have such a way with words.

This was a great episode. For once Haruto's talking sense and actually remembering his mission. Sadly, it looks like Haruto's dad turns out to be crazy in the head, or at least egotistical, although I did love his picture of "Haruto". So it looks like the student's or at least many of them were modified, but before they were even born and it looks like the scientist of the VVV project are they're biological parents or again at least for some of them. If it wasn't already confirmed before this letter has been signed, sealed and delivered that JIOR is really no better then Dorssia. At least Dorssia is open about what they do.

So E-Elf helps Jior not just for the Valvraves but to also create a path for Liesolette to escape to.

Also what happened to Raizo and Akira looking for Saki?! I guess it was a bust and they just came back to assist with the infiltration.
Old 2013-11-14, 18:16   Link #10
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Oh E-Elf..I mean Mikhail/Michael you have such a way with words.
Michael (like Michael Schumacher). (Assuming it's supposed to be Germanic because he's Dorssian, but then what's up with the random English...?)

But yes, what a way with words. XD That line was seriously *DOKI*...
Old 2013-11-14, 18:49   Link #11
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

-So apparently Valvrave as we predicted WAS to used to created a new type of species.

-Haruto's father is... um... is a large son-con! Basically think father as Kyosuke and Haruto as Kirino in OreImo.

-The species that was meant to dominated the Earth & space to even the whole universe.

-The modification to the student was DNA and Runes manipulation.

-Before even Haruto or the other students was born, their parents already give permission to let their son & daughter to be used in the VVV project. Yes, EVEN SHOKO'S PARENT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. JIOR is just keep losting even more sympathy from me -_- and Shoko's father was no better...

Editorial: My Saki is right, ALL ADULTS ARE BASTARD and CAN'T BE TRUSTED in this anime.

Extra: The REAL scientific term for the Kamitsuki is homo sapiens novus. Eating other people's runes is same as we eat pig and chicken, they are being described as the top of the food chain, higher than human AKA ultimate life-form.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-11-14 at 19:11.
Old 2013-11-14, 19:02   Link #12
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Michael (like Michael Schumacher). (Assuming it's supposed to be Germanic because he's Dorssian, but then what's up with the random English...?)

But yes, what a way with words. XD That line was seriously *DOKI*...
Technically it's both/either, Michael is the English and German version, where as Mikhail is the Russian version. And the way they're pronouncing it makes me think they're going for the Russian version. Though it's possible that in Japanese they're pronounced the same way.
Old 2013-11-14, 19:19   Link #13
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Technically it's both/either, Michael is the English and German version, where as Mikhail is the Russian version. And the way they're pronouncing it makes me think they're going for the Russian version. Though it's possible that in Japanese they're pronounced the same way.
"Michael" is not pronounced the same in English and a German, though, and the characters pronounce it according to the German version. "ミハエル". "Mikhail" is pronounced in a different way.
Old 2013-11-14, 19:47   Link #14
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
"Michael" is not pronounced the same in English and a German, though, and the characters pronounce it according to the German version. "ミハエル". "Mikhail" is pronounced in a different way.
Hmm, but if I remember correctly the German and Russian versions are pronounced fairly similarly though, in their native languages. It's the English version that deviants a bit more. Personally, I prefer the Russian spelling. The show most likely is going for Michael. In the end they're just variations on the same name, which in the end is technically Hebrew, so clearly E-Elf is Jewish.
Old 2013-11-14, 19:48   Link #15
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Haruto's father is like the second coming of Senator Moses! He is so hilarious. Haruto punching him after six minutes of screentime just solidified how horrible he is. Please more of him!

Also, what's with Adrei's arm? Does he have now one made of glass? XD

On another note, L-Elf finally stopped looking so simple to me. That princess must be the mother of all shipsinkers.

Best episode of the season so far!
Old 2013-11-14, 20:08   Link #16
LightDragonman

Okay, now things are getting good.

What do you know, this show takes the whole cliche of the father abandoning his son to create a mecha and plays around with it, showing that said father obviously isn't exactly of the right mind.

And I just love how A-Drei inadvertently took Saki right back to her Valvrave's location. XD
Old 2013-11-14, 20:20   Link #17
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

So the JIOR scientists working on VVV were forced (with some being willing) to genetically modify their children before they were born.... That is pretty low. This technically makes JIOR and Dorssia the Earth Alliance and ZAFT, but instead of a major disaster causing the war it was just "because we can!" Even the Vagans from Gundam Age had the excuse of "Mars Rays are giving us cancer!" At least in MSG Zeon had the "fight for independence" excuse. At least the factions in Wing and X didn't resort to human experimentation before there was a friggin' war and didn't go to war for "lol territory expansion!" Hell, at least in Code Geass there was only ONE side doing heinous actions (and even then you can mostly call it "Well the emperor made us do it!"). But Here? There is no legitimate reason either side is doing what they're doing! At all! Giant gap lo- Oh forget it I'll give them until the end to justify all this, but if they don't then this series will ruin whatever chance it had of getting an 8/10 from me. Other note:

-Kreimheld being a royalist? At least that snooping around payed off.
-VVV6 can hijack power lines? Does this mean it can not only control computers, but any machine? How does that work?
-Where is H-Neun?
-Okay, credit to this series for not having the "oh your mech's limb is gone? One episode in the hanger and it'll be good!" shtick.
-Oh hey Saki comes back next episode.
-Hijack a rocket? Why?
-Dorissan has been around for a millennium? Man this takes place very far into the future.
-Looks like Kyuma is getting some screen time which is somewhat good.

Last edited by DuelGundam2099; 2013-11-14 at 20:32.
Old 2013-11-14, 20:35   Link #18
mayumi

Next episode will surely be interesting to watch with L-Elf and Liselotte / A-Drei and Saki. I don't think A-Drei will shoot her though. He didn't in the first episode either. He will likely want answers.

Last edited by mayumi; 2013-11-14 at 20:52.
Old 2013-11-14, 20:53   Link #19
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

This is a step in the right direction for Haruto. At first I was expecting Gendo but Souichi's interactions with Haruto played out well. If only we knew more about him beforehand, then the scene would have had more weight. Oh well.
Old 2013-11-14, 20:53   Link #20
Destined_Fate

L-Elf, why must you set off the death flags for the Princess? At least let her do something awesome before the end.
Closed Thread