AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-07-22, 22:12   Link #1
fallin up
my life is a harem

e3 2008

so it happened a couple of days ago. nothing really new from either nintendo, sony, of microsoft.

announcement of a god of war sequel, final fantasy XIII on xbox 360, new street fighter, spore, mortal combat vs dc comics

i thought there was too much third party stuff
fallin up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 23:00   Link #2
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

E3 has been very uneventful the last few years. Very little new and/or innovative coming out. I guess it's hard to be creative when just about everything has already been done. >_>
Old 2008-07-22, 23:13   Link #3
fallin up
my life is a harem

ya, i love the 64 days when new series were coming out all the time. now its just all sequels and knock offs that just dont have the same great gameplay as the originals
fallin up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 23:52   Link #4
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
E3 has been very uneventful the last few years.
Tell me about it. They keep repeating "Spore, Spore, Spore" for a few years now but that's just because nobody else's got anything new to offer.

I mean, it's *really* awkward when the same game got an award for two or more years because, quite frankly, nothing else good enough is there to fit the bill.

It's not even just my beloved and dying PC market, even the good console games are all about sequels these days. Where has innovation in the gaming industry's gone?

[/rant]
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 00:00   Link #5
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

There can't really be that much more true innovation in computer gaming until the tools used evolve.
Old 2008-07-23, 14:58   Link #6
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallin up View Post
ya, i love the 64 days when new series were coming out all the time. now its just all sequels and knock offs that just dont have the same great gameplay as the originals
I lulzed at your avatar

anyways, Gear of War 2 is what iam waiting for
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 15:08   Link #7
Amray

You can just look up all of this years gaming events on the interweb, although still I would not mind going to one E3 convention. Never been before.

"Final Fantasy XIII" was a quite an eye-opener, but not a suprise. I thought it obvious that they would end up releasing onto the Xbox 360 as so many popular RPG's are now making it onto that system. Their profits will also increase because of this desicion, I assume.

I cannot wait for the new "Street Fighter"! I know my household will purchase this game and that is a definite. If I don't buy it then another member of my family will.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 19:30   Link #8
khouram

wooooo yes final fantasy is out for the 360 i was so shocked, happy and scared at the same time because how would sony and the fans react to the anouncement of their main game in my opinion going multiplatform but im so happy and the xbox 360 avatars look good too.
khouram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:46   Link #9
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
By the way,shouldn't this thread to be moved to game section?
And i really hwant this to be translated:
http://blog.xuite.net/zaxwu003/zaxblog/18244078
E3 2008 related,with wii-ko.
Old 2008-07-24, 00:23   Link #10
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

FF XIII going on 360? PS3 is dieing a horribly slow death... This pisses me off.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 01:03   Link #11
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
What is up with you kids forgetting that Metal Gear Solid 4 gave the PS3 a powerful boost especially with the amount of pre-ordered Metal Gear Solid 4 playstation 3 packs?

True that the announcement of FF XIII going to the 360 is shocking and disappointing but that alone is no longer enough to stop the PS3. I mean alot of people got the Playstation 3(Me included) solely for MGS4 and Final Fantasy XIII I'm sure those same people will still support FF XIII on the PS3. Plus God of war 3 is still exclusive so far, Ratchet and Clank will absolutely stay on the PS3, there's killzone, and Resistance 2 and a few other soon to be announced PS3 games, with those facts the PS3 still got enough games to stand on it's own. So relax eh?

Oh as for E-3 it was meh this year but there were some games they showed that got me excited, like Mirrors Edge, Final Fantasy XIII Resident Evil 5, and Yakuza 2. I also liked how the new fall update for the 360 was looking So it wasn't a total loss.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 01:14   Link #12
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I don't own a Playstation 3 (and I don't plan to - one next gen console is enough), so those announcements don't interest me unless they jump to other consoles.

The ONLY new game I have any interest in whatsoever is Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Scheduled to release on September 16. It's gonna be epic.
I do find it funny that Vader's secret apprentice is known as "Starkiller". My fellow Star Wars fanatics should know why I am amused by this.
Old 2008-07-24, 10:19   Link #13
Amray

I'm just looking forward to Star Ocean 4 for Xbox 360.

I was quite disappointed that they had given Final Fantasy XIII's Xbox 360 release the green light because of it's originality for the whole earlier games being Playstation exclusive (with some exceptions for the PC), but I may as well take this to my advantage beings that I do not possess a PS3 but do an Xbox 360. Who wouldn't though? It's not as though I am going to hold some silly grudge against Square for letting the game see an Xbox release so ofcourse I'll get it. I'm not as much as a hardcore gamer as I used to be anyway so I am not too bothered about it being on the Xbox. But if Metal Gear Solid 4 was to be released on Xbox 360 THEN I would be really disappointed.

Also, the Playstation 3 will not die. It has had a really rocky start compared to the Xbox 360 release, but I garuntee it will somehow come back up to the top and laugh in Microsofts face. I may not have a PS3 but Sony and the Playstation platforms are still my most favourite. Also owning the Xbox was not my choice, although I still love and cherish it.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 17:39   Link #14
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I'm pretty disappointed with the gaming industry. I mean, maybe I've put on my nostalgia goggles, but as a kid (SNES/Genesis, N64/PS1, etc) console gaming seemed a hell of a lot more exciting, innovative, and I'll be sure my favorite genres (RPGs and action-adventure) had much more worthy titles. Modern gaming is mostly supported by FPS, which is definitely an awesome genre, but it shouldn't be the only genre pumping out consistently entertaining titles (and I don't know about you guys... but I need a break from shooters.) I remember reading about E3 and being excited by all the new titles announced.

Even PC gaming seems to be on the serious decline...

I'm at least pleased that Square-Enix is stopping this nonsensical marriage to Sony. I don't intend to buy a PS3 and will hopefully be playing future FF titles on my Nintendo and Microsoft consoles. Resident Evil 5 is also <3, though as others have pointed out all I'm looking forward to are sequels, lol...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 18:15   Link #15
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
FFXIII coming to 360 doesn't change the fact that Microsoft had nothing intresting to show this year. Isn't E3 the brief period in which developers and publishers show off their best upcoming titles and systems? Despite that Microsoft and Nintendo were a shambles. At least Sony had MAG, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2 and God of War 3. It's Sony's E3 for sure, not much competition, though FFXIII coming to Xbox may have decieved a few gamers. Wii just sells regardless.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 20:55   Link #16
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Come think of it:
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_e30802_home.html
Quote:
Square Enix has gone PC. On the first day of the show, the Japanese game publisher announced that Final Fantasy XIII is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 (in Europe and North America only) and PC. During a press conference following the Microsoft event, Final Fantasy XIII Producer Yoshinori Kitase discussed the new development strategy that Square Enix has taken with its upcoming games.
WTF?
Old 2008-07-25, 02:15   Link #17
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

e3 thoughts:

Gears 2 looks like another killer frag again

Killzone looking closer to the iniatial trailer which is really exciting.

Lost another reason to purchase a ps3 (ffxii).

More screens of versus xii is making me drool.

little big planet was very cute and looks like youtube bound.

too human demo was ok, but the attack is a bit clunky for me, very unprecise, the targeting is extremely awkward, hope it grows on me.

I did not find one single Wii game that got me excited, everything was bland.

Ds games are all just rehashes of the 16 bit era which is a good thing but no excitement there except for castlevania (expected gameplay and design)

Pc gaming mmos like warhammer which from a graphical stand point is not much but gameplay mechanics seems to be fresh.

I also agree, there was no new 1st party stuff to get excited about.

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-07-25 at 02:37.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote