AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 07:52   Link #621
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I have a feeling that Mr Biler is going to be the next bad guy. Either him or a tentacle version of Leon.
Old 2008-09-26, 07:59   Link #622
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
In macross it's perfectly acceptable to have weddings and childrens. Just look at how many childrens that Max and Milia had XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Agreed. One of the things that Macross centralizes is love, so marriages are acceptable. Max and Milia, what a great couple.
There you go! 7 children while we are at it.

Couldn't say any better than this. I would do anything to see Alto and Sheryl running around with children at the end of the movie, which could be easier to be done if the basis of their relationship was explicitly cemented already.
Old 2008-09-26, 08:01   Link #623
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

First off I gave the episode a 10/10 because it about as good as it's going to get to an ending for the series with as much crap as they needed to tie up in one 25 minute episode. Plus they point towards a movie to really wrap up anything left over. So technically this is a 26 episode series with 25 of them as normal episodes and the last being a feature movie. Kind of what Farscape eventually did which I liked.

There are still a few unanswered questions such as...

Spoiler for Brera Question:

Spoiler for Grace Question:

Spoiler for Bilrer Question:

I for one watch Macross for the following reasons in order of importance to me. Not you.
1. Story. This includes Character development, background, history of being, politics, science and everything that goes into making a good story.
2. Mecha and Technology. This is easy it's mech pron and cool technological usage and advances.
3. Songs. You can't have Macross without the songs and the songs kicked much ass.
4. Romance. This can be any romance. I actually liked Ozma and Cathy as well as Klan and Mikhail's romances more than the LT which actually annoyed me. Really really annoyed me.

The Love Triangle (LT), which obviously was the most important thing to many people watching this particular version of Macross, overshadowed and took over everything in importance. The entire series was geared around this LT and story, character development, history and background took backstage to it in importance. Though these other things did exist, you had to look for them and attempt to block the LT out of your head to really see the rest. You had to actively block any reference of the LT to these other things so you could see them more clearly for what they were. I felt that the LT took these backgrounds and utilized them as tool to make or at least seem to make the LT the axle of the wheel. Without the LT nothing else happens. I believe that this is fundamentally wrong.

Spoiler for Why?:

There are many questions that are still left open in the series. The least important to me, but most important for many others, is who wins the LT in the end. Ranka or Sheryl? I have my speculations and opinions on the matter (probably Sheryl) but that's not what is primary in my want to see the movie that was announced. I want to see it because I want these other lose ends to be tied up. I want to see more story and more plot and more mech battles and less LT. I want all the things that were deficient in Macross F to be made up for in spades in the movie. I DO NOT want another DYRL Macross F version. I want a real move with real plots and real character development. I want to see a balanced viewing of all that makes up Macross. I don't want to see some glorified story of a lopsided broken triangle whose resolution will ignore the many other factors that make Macross great.

So I'm going to wait. I'm going to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

In the short term I'm going to wait for the fansubs.

That picture shows it all. Macross Fans win, Shippers Lose.
Ranka embraces Sheryl and learns that Sheryl's hopes and dreams are very soft and nice.
Alto gets his sky.

Happiness.

The End
Old 2008-09-26, 08:03   Link #624
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
No, I am just saying basically how this entire episode was constructed. Its really there for some last moment appeasement to Ranka fans, so they throw in somethings that did not really make sense.

Especially with how epic Episode 24 set out to be.

But as I said, the board reaction is:

WTF!?

- Tak
Well, being a long-time comic reader, the romance aspect really had the signs of a last-minute editorial rewrite.
Old 2008-09-26, 08:09   Link #625
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Looks like a bird human fetish from Macross Zero.

Sara Nome/Mao Nome was here?
Old 2008-09-26, 08:13   Link #626
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Looks like a bird human fetish from Macross Zero.

Sara Nome/Mao Nome was here?
Yea that's what I thought as well but it didn't seem to match up from the footage in Macross Zero. If it is there is something growing around and through it now. Vines or something else. Not sure what. Also doesn't explain why Brera would recognize it unless he saw it as a child in Mao's office or some place like that.
Old 2008-09-26, 08:18   Link #627
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
I for one watch Macross for the following reasons in order of importance to me. Not you.
1. Story. This includes Character development, background, history of being, politics, science and everything that goes into making a good story.
2. Mecha and Technology. This is easy it's mech pron and cool technological usage and advances.
3. Songs. You can't have Macross without the songs and the songs kicked much ass.
4. Romance. This can be any romance. I actually liked Ozma and Cathy as well as Klan and Mikhail's romances more than the LT which actually annoyed me. Really really annoyed me.
I share that order of preference kilroy.

Now as for the movie, why do I have the feeling that we could get a prequel instead? There's a lot of questions about the research fleet and Bilrer. I guess these could be answered in a prequel (and yes, the triangle is still unresolved).
Old 2008-09-26, 08:26   Link #628
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
First off I gave the episode a 10/10 because it about as good as it's going to get to an ending for the series with as much crap as they needed to tie up in one 25 minute episode. Plus they point towards a movie to really wrap up anything left over. So technically this is a 26 episode series with 25 of them as normal episodes and the last being a feature movie. Kind of what Farscape eventually did which I liked.
Kind of makes you want not to call it an end though. As an episode it was fantastic. As an ending as it was portrayed to be, it's medicore. I gave it a 6/10 because I refuse to agree that this episode is to be called an ending. It provides a great setting for a movie. Though luck it's made only to get some more money.

kilroy, can't have one without the other. Macross is not a plot, mecha or romance anime. It's the combination of everything that makes it a great series. I don't mind this episode. It provided many things for people that search for one thing. It was a disappointment for those who seek other things.

I'm guessing people just won't accept it as an ending. No one knew about the movie so the reactions are fully justified. Also, I'm looking forward to the final character development I hope the movie will provide. The plot was always character driven. I will deem it as a failure if it won't provide it in a satisfactory amount.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-26, 08:49   Link #629
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Although I have watched most of the Macross series, the same old plotline it goes through (love triangle, music affecting enemy, and stuff like that) always seem to rub on an interest in me following the entire series through the end.

And in fact the only word I could find to describe Macross anime as overall is, "Beautiful". Maybe Urei is right, it is not just the music, it is a combination. But then again it might be the music, I catch every episode just to listen to Seikan Hikou and Northern Cross.
Old 2008-09-26, 08:53   Link #630
Wesley84

Curbstomp.
Old 2008-09-26, 09:13   Link #631
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:

There are still a few unanswered questions such as...

Spoiler for Grace Question:

Spoiler for Bilrer Question:

The End
Brera Question: It could be memory from his childhood when he is on the planet with his family. Hence the nostalgic smile when he recognizes it. Maybe something he used to play with when he is still a kid with his sister.

Grace Question: To me it looks like she recognizes it is endgame for her hence her horrified look and last facial expression to me says " FUCK YOU!!!!!!" to Alto.

As villain role, I think her role is finished since she failed to wipe out humanity in her revenge. I don't think she will appear in any substantial manner in movie in the future.

Bilrer: It could be just simple Min Mei fanboy decided to go on quest to look for his beloved idol. After the farewell concert 2012, Min Mei boarded the Megaroad with Hayes and Hichigo which disappeared in mysterious manner.

By having direct access to Vajra crystal, it gives him more chance to find Min Mei's Megaroad since he controlled the access node of fold space in Macross Universe.

Just some ideas. Feel free to debate.
Old 2008-09-26, 09:14   Link #632
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
Human beings are selfish. Sharing isn't in our nature.
P2P networks would seem to disprove that point.

And, WTF at wesley...

Old 2008-09-26, 09:25   Link #633
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post

Bilrer: It could be just simple Min Mei fanboy decided to go on quest to look for his beloved idol. After the farewell concert 2012, Min Mei boarded the Megaroad with Hayes and Hichigo which disappeared in mysterious manner.

By having direct access to Vajra crystal, it gives him more chance to find Min Mei's Megaroad since he controlled the access node of fold space in Macross Universe.

Just some ideas. Feel free to debate.
Biller will play a major role in my opinion. We only got bits and pieces on his agenda. He survived and I'm sure he's up to something with the Fold Network. BTW, I pointed out jokingly once that he may be doing it for Minmay. Never expected for it to actually turn true

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-26, 09:26   Link #634
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
P2P networks would seem to disprove that point.

And, WTF at wesley...
Yeah, I'm back. I watched the raw, and it was worse than I feared. Pretty much everything happened that I didn't want to happen. Even Klan getting in Mikhail's VF.
Old 2008-09-26, 09:26   Link #635
glyph

Quote:
Or it could just be an old photo of someone else holo-cosplaying as Minmay. After the "SDF-1 ruins" on Gallia IV I've become skeptical of WTF points Kawamori throws out.
Old 2008-09-26, 09:28   Link #636
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'm not. He seems to be an expert at the WTF moments, wouldn't you say so?

Old 2008-09-26, 09:39   Link #637
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Spoiler for Told ya so:
Old 2008-09-26, 09:51   Link #638
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
There you go! 7 children while we are at it.

Couldn't say any better than this. I would do anything to see Alto and Sheryl running around with children at the end of the movie, which could be easier to be done if the basis of their relationship was explicitly cemented already.
who care about alto and sheryl making babies....the only thing that alto is making is a mess

on the other hand, Cathy x Ozma are making babies already!!!

Quote:

Grace Question: To me it looks like she recognizes it is endgame for her hence her horrified look and last facial expression to me says " FUCK YOU!!!!!!" to Alto.
or in that instance she uploads her memory to the internet network (?), lurking somewhere on the net, waiting to be reprogram into a new body. GITS anybody ?
Old 2008-09-26, 10:04   Link #639
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Yikes! Rabid sheryl fans reaching for conclusions from anything. the earing just was a means for Alto, Ranka and Sheryl to communicate. IF Alto had not had that earing he could not have joined in the Vajra network with Sheryl and Ranka. the earing is a symbol of the three of them. Notice that the same thing happened with the first earing, Alto was able to get in touch with BOTH girls.
Again, now we use Japanese culture to our convenience.

Alto Salute was a mean to tell Sheryl that all was well and mission accomplished(he came back like he promised). IT is hard to find a symbolism when you wear Shipping goggles. Kawamori is just counting of the 90% of the fans short term memory, it will be at least 3-6 months before the movie is out.
why hello there rabid-ranka-fans-that-has-been-saying-that-he-is-not-for-the-God-knows-how-many-times

Quote:
Originally Posted by solothurn View Post

The Northern Cross is crying.
PURE GOLD
Old 2008-09-26, 10:07   Link #640
Wesley84

That damn earring. Spiting me to the last.
Closed Thread