AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-03-05, 04:08   Link #161
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I don't know about you guys, but I'm about 50-50 anime-manga. I used to be 100% anime and I didn't give a shit about manga, but in recent times (I'd say the past year and a half), I've begun to really enjoy manga, and I typically read both the manga and the anime of a given series. In many cases I am reading a manga after having seen the anime, which I suppose many of my fellow manga fans would consider and advantage.

I'm the kind of person that doesn't bitch and whine too much about differences between anime and manga (the only two exceptions to this being Claymore and Gantz), and I typically enjoy both as their own, separate works (FMA being a good example, though they are making a remake, about which I am PSYCHED).

Though I've already commented about it in this thread, I couldn't live without anime or manga. I don't watch TV at all, so my only forms of media entertainment are anime, manga, and Star Wars books, and video games. I can only read books for so long, and I think playing video games for too long get monotonous, but anime is always fresh and fun. Waiting for manga to be released is a freaking pain, though.
Old 2009-03-05, 14:23   Link #162
klowny
OH NO

I will someday like when I'm in my 50's, I'm trying to enjoy as much as i can while I'm still young
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 16:55   Link #163
othera

I go completely crazy...

I can't watch much anime, the last i watched was 5CMPS AGES ago and the main thing i wanna do is watch anymore, more then anything else but cant *_*
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 00:23   Link #164
Pixelation
Dreamcatcher

I think most of my brainspace is devoted to storing the entertainment I've consumed in the past, so when I have no access to it, I just play the highlight reel in my head...
Pixelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 04:37   Link #165
Tiran86

My interest in it comes in cycles. Sometimes I just flat out don't feel like watching anime.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 16:59   Link #166
Alpha-1

Up until a few months ago I would have said going without anime or manga would've killed me. But, now that I work full-time and go to college, I've gotta say I'm glad I use to skip school just to watch anime and read manga. Because now I have no time what so ever. T_T

I wish I could go back to the good old days of slacking off. I hate working 40+ hours a week XD
Alpha-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 23:32   Link #167
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

let see, there are clinics that is focus on drug addicts, and tobacco addicts could see a doctor but there are none for anime addicts
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 02:12   Link #168
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I'm not much of an anime addict but I wanna enjoy anime as long as I'm still young and still have plenty of time for fun.
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 08:00   Link #169
Solafighter
Hige

A life without anime.. Are you stuppid?!

Old 2009-03-10, 08:02   Link #170
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'll probably end up like Belfangan Clouseau from FMP! watching anime on my days off in the military and trying to hide it from the men under my command...

But I don't know. At the moment I don't watch that much. Lately I've started drawing and writing again so I'm fulfilling my own artistic ambitions rather than watching someone's.

And I've got a lot of games to play as well. So if I had to give up anime/manga, I've got a lot of alternative interests to keep me occupied.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 12:22   Link #171
-Kh-
ポルカ

The only times when I don't watch anime is when I'm going away on a trip, so I can spend a short time without anime during the year.

Sometimes they are short, 3 days trips or maybe 1 week, work related stuff, or some other times it could be 1 to 1 and a half month if I'm going back home for xmas.

I can go around without anime for that time just fine, but then when I'm back at my place, nobody would see me around (well obviously going to work), until I complete watching that backlog.

The worst time to go on trips like this, are during seasons changing, so everytime in January I usually have to catch up with the last month of all the Autumm series, and the first weeks of the Winter series, and of course with all the continuing ones. So it can get very hectic those days

So to summarize and to answer OP's question: Yes, I'm addicted to Anime.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 10:35   Link #172
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

well i can never live without anime......i tried to take your challenge but after 2 days i deliberately started watching anime again.....

Its not possible for weak hearts like me^^

Last edited by christine_cute; 2009-03-17 at 11:00.
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 10:52   Link #173
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I can go days not watching Anime, since it's only a hobby of mine and only watch it on my free time or whenever I felt like to... however... I cannot go without a day without internet.
Old 2009-03-17, 18:29   Link #174
Kikyo_Cat
[ I ♥ Katy Perry! ]

Send a message via MSN to Kikyo_Cat
I go a lot of time without watching anime sometimes ><;

but since I started going to anime club again I guess I TECHNICALLY see some every week now.
Kikyo_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 15:24   Link #175
X207
Gamyūsa

im still trying to limit the series i watch but in already following 12 current series including 2 older series. ive done a decent job of not picking up every new series that ccames out but as soon as one is knocked off my list i reconsider watching previous dropped/incomplete series. and i'll still probably add more to the list later on :l.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 16:06   Link #176
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

I'm able to live without anime and I've done so quite often. However, I always end up turning to J-drama and K-drama to fill the gaps in my life. If I'm deprived of anime, J-drama, K-drama and manga, I'd be a very, very sad person indeed. Compared to some of you lot, though, I don't think I'd call myself an anime addict... my collection has, um, 20 series or so?
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 18:34   Link #177
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I feel like I'll most likely convert to some other kind of thing. I can still watch programs like House or The Office if I need a fix.

If anything, we all have an addiction to entertainment. :P
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 20:41   Link #178
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
I'm able to live without anime and I've done so quite often. However, I always end up turning to J-drama and K-drama to fill the gaps in my life. If I'm deprived of anime, J-drama, K-drama and manga, I'd be a very, very sad person indeed. Compared to some of you lot, though, I don't think I'd call myself an anime addict... my collection has, um, 20 series or so?
well, if counting shows that ive enjoyed so much that i keep ( up until recently i had very limited space - and bandwith) i would probably only have 10-15.. as for total amount of series.. i would guess close to 40 or 50.. i'm sure id live without anime, but i doubt its something i'll let go off anytime soon - i do have a lot of affectionionate attachment towards anime
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 08:59   Link #179
Unregistered00

I've stopped a couple of times already. And these stops were years long.

Anime is easy to quit. Except when you get hooked on a certain title and the next release is still a week away. Then again, you can stop after that since 1 out of 10 animes per season are crap anyway.
Unregistered00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 13:45   Link #180
kyousukey

I can go quite awhile without anime if i dont think about t but as soon as i realise i want to watch some i do so xD Ive gone like a week at most without anime throughout my anime fan life lmao xD
kyousukey is offline   Reply With Quote