AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 37 29.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 33.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 25.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.79%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-22, 18:59   Link #61
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

About Battler's sister:
Eeeeeeh. To be fair. Even though Ange is mentioned in passing at the very beginning of the first VN. She actually isn't mentioned again until..... well, for a while.
So I'm not really gonna complain about how it happened in the anime.
Sure, a little throw away line in episode one would of been nice, (So people can go "OH!" when it comes up in this episode), but besides that.... I would say it's really more of a source material sorta thing.

That's just my opinion on the matter though.

Anyhoooo, loved this episode. It was good times . Hate waiting for next episodes. *laughs*
Old 2009-10-22, 19:00   Link #62
libba
nepenthes rajah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbane the Terrible View Post
I can't be the only fan who liked her better in BWA-HAHAHA! mode, can I?

Edit to add: it seems odd to me that she'd be willing to resurrect Shannon--in both this chapter and the last, Shannon talking about her love for George before her death pretty much guaranteed Beato would go into a ranting fury. Something about the two of them (due to her being held prisoner by Kinzo?) really enrages her. OTOH, she claims it was her magic that got the two of them together in the first place...

And, true to Beato no longer being an Endless Witch, the resurrection only lasted long enough for Shannon to die again.
It's something Ronove commented on,too--Beatrice gets annoyed when the subject of romantic love comes up, and even more annoyed when it's true love, selfless.
In relation to that, her sudden turn of character seems even stranger--she not only admires George's love for Shannon, she even feels bad about herself because of this.
Considering the obvious hint on Beatrice x Battler's own (kinda) romantic position, I predict the situation where the Endless Witch will realize she is powerless to bring someone she loves back to life. Her immense power failing before this single irreversible moment. That would be quite a catharsis, I imagine.
No spoilers here because it's nothing but wild speculation.
Old 2009-10-22, 19:25   Link #63
Riskbreaker

I enjoyed this episode, so i gave it a 9.

Interesting to see Lucifer & Ronove (albeit mostly Ronove) making up excuses & covering for Beato behind Eva-Beatrice's back. Looks like despite having to serve a new master, they probably would rather stick with the old one if at all possible.

I've no idea how Beato plans to use Kanon, but with that issue as well as things coming to a head between Beato & Eva-Beatrice, the next episode is looking very tasty indeed.
Old 2009-10-22, 19:31   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
This stuff should have been waaaaaay back in episode 1.

Ange is Battler's 6 year old sister, who was born to Kyrie and Rudolf. She's not at the family conference that year because she got sick the day before.
Lucky her . Though your family getting killed in one swoop is hardly a good thing at least she wasn't there too. Though doesn't this leave a six year old girl as the only remaining heir to the family fortune?

Well it's been an arc of Battler family background. The Kyrie situation and now Ange. Though the second one makes me think a bit more since it's weird how she wasn't mentioned by anyone at all through the first 16 episodes. Know it should have been mentioned in episode 1 but seems weird that she falls off the radar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskbreaker View Post
I enjoyed this episode, so i gave it a 9.

Interesting to see Lucifer & Ronove (albeit mostly Ronove) making up excuses & covering for Beato behind Eva-Beatrice's back. Looks like despite having to serve a new master, they probably would rather stick with the old one if at all possible.

I've no idea how Beato plans to use Kanon, but with that issue as well as things coming to a head between Beato & Eva-Beatrice, the next episode is looking very tasty indeed.
Well I'm guessing she plans on having Kanon take care of Jessica and probably deal with the Siestas. Since I'm suspecting Beato will have her hands full with Evatrice. Doubt she'll be able to just pop in and revive Kanon only to step back this time.
Old 2009-10-22, 19:37   Link #65
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
First thing, when the heck did Battler get a little sister!? Yeah I assume by her age a few years back but the point is only now does this information comes out. You'd think this would be a pretty important concern from Battler's point of view. Another good question is why isn't she there with everyone? As it probably was supposed to this definitely opens up a ton of questions regarding Ange.
Eh, I totally empathize with you on this, this was a pretty bad move from DEEN, but as everyone already said this is their fault not the original creator's.

They might be excused to a certain limit because the anime site did contain such information for a while. There it can be seen that Battler has a half-sister, it is even written that she's Kyrie's child and that Battler's mother is Asumu.

The problem is not everyone go check in the anime web page. A few weeks ago I provided a translation of that page along with a few explanations:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...28#post2630428

There's also another think to note. And that's the fact that even in the novel everyone acts as if Ange doesn't exist.

She gets a mention in one of the very first scene of ep1
Then she is mentioned again in ep2

Only two mentions in the whole first two episodes. And there are some disturbing affirmations, like Maria saying this is the best family meeting ever because Battler is there

Battler -> Ange

Or Jessica saying that all the cousins are reunited this time.

Old 2009-10-22, 19:44   Link #66
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Though the second one makes me think a bit more since it's weird how she wasn't mentioned by anyone at all through the first 16 episodes.
Well, in the first arc in the game, Hideyoshi (or Eva, I don't remember) asked Kyrie about Ange's sickness. After that, she was nearly never mentioned again by anyone. It makes some people even theorized that Ange never exists
Old 2009-10-22, 19:48   Link #67
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Beato is changing that's a sure-fire thing.

God I SERIOUSLY want to sock Evatrice across the face she's such a bitch, crashing George and Shannon's re-uniting like that.

Although I might be thinking too much but maybe Evatrice is having some influence on the actions of the real Eva? Considering they are the same person, I'm starting to believe that ever since Jessica was blinded.

And since I saw the official site I already knew Battler had a half-sibling. So it's a younger sister named Ange huh? I only wonder why she didn't go to Rokkenjima with the others...

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2009-10-22 at 21:47.
Old 2009-10-22, 19:53   Link #68
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And since I saw the official site I already knew Battler had a half-sibling. So it's a younger sister named Ange huh? I only wonder why she didn't go to Rokkenjima with the others...

It's because she was sick.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:03   Link #69
libba
nepenthes rajah

I've got a crazy theory. Tell me I'm wrong.
Beatrice has blue eyes.
Vergilia has blue eyes.
Evatrice has blue eyes.
One spoiler character who also will become a name-Beatrice has blue eyes.
Witches have blue eyes.
Battler has blue eyes.
Will we see Battrice at some point? Slay the dragon--become the dragon?
Old 2009-10-22, 20:05   Link #70
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Well I'm guessing she plans on having Kanon take care of Jessica and probably deal with the Siestas. Since I'm suspecting Beato will have her hands full with Evatrice. Doubt she'll be able to just pop in and revive Kanon only to step back this time.
Yeah i agree, that'll mostly likely be the case. Though if Kanon does indeed go up against the Siestas, he'll be dead meat again pretty quickly given that they're meant to be far more powerful than the stakes are. I imagine then that Beato probably has something in mind to address the balance if & when this should happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libba
Witches have blue eyes.
If i'm not mistaken, doesn't Lambdadelta have red eyes?
Old 2009-10-22, 20:06   Link #71
Marion
The Great Dine

Yeah, for some reason the anime decided to only mention her now She's Kyrie's six year old daughter and Battler's half-sister. She gets sick before Oct. 4th and stays behind while everyone goes off to the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libba View Post
I've got a crazy theory. Tell me I'm wrong.
Beatrice has blue eyes.
Vergilia has blue eyes.
Evatrice has blue eyes.
One spoiler character who also will become a name-Beatrice has blue eyes.
Witches have blue eyes.
Battler has blue eyes.
Will we see Battrice at some point? Slay the dragon--become the dragon?
The 'blue eye' thing was an anime addition. In the game all human characters have black eyes (or brown like Eva) and all the witches have blue eyes, while demons have red.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:11   Link #72
libba
nepenthes rajah

So Lambdadelta is a demon, according to the game? I didn't remember Battler's original eye color, but Riskbreaker is right, she does have red eyes both in the VN and in the anime.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:18   Link #73
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
So Lambdadelta is a demon, according to the game? I didn't remember Battler's original eye color, but Riskbreaker is right, she does have red eyes both in the VN and in the anime.
It's weird, but her and Bern don't fall into the 'blue eyes = witches' category :P Both are witches, regardless of their eye color.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:39   Link #74
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Endless Witches have blue eyes.
Fix'd.~

Kinda odd that the series would decide to introduce Ange now when the site clearly stated that she existed. Ah well, whatever.
Old 2009-10-22, 21:24   Link #75
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The eye color thing has been at the center of many debates in the VN. While there are many instances where it is possible to see a pattern there seem to be always an exception.

For examples furnitures tend to have red eyes. But not all of them do.

Magical beings (witches and demons) tend to have blue eyes. But not all of them do

Humans tend to have black eyes. But not all of them do.

Bern and Lambda have unique eye colors in the VN.

In the anime it's even more messy.

Old 2009-10-22, 21:40   Link #76
Exellon_Nanoha
nanoha fangirl

Wow, what an amazing episode I really loved that Beato has turned around you can really see she has a beautiful side now. To bad shannon was revived then died it really was a lovely moment. Cant wait to see Beato rescue Jessica ^_^ look forward to it.
Old 2009-10-22, 21:45   Link #77
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I loved this episode Beato's new personality is really awesome ^^ Poor Jessica though... Beato, please revive Kanon too, pretty please?

Last edited by ChibiBear; 2009-10-22 at 22:38.
Old 2009-10-22, 21:57   Link #78
Colorz

Um...well...In the VN.....didn't Virgilia come and sacrafice herself/block the Siesta's arrow,because it was heading towards Beato?

Then Siesta 410 says ''Target Comfirmed.Was it really ok to attack your prodeccer(or how ever you spell it) sama?''
Old 2009-10-22, 22:00   Link #79
June 1983

Yes ... instead they cut that scene and had one of the Siestas say "are you sure it was okay NOT to attack your predecessor?" and EvaB says she'll have to deal with her later.

It makes sense to cut that bit, I think. Saves on time, and makes things less complicated. If Virgilia had died again like in the VN a lot anime-viewers would be like, "How can she be on the gameboard again when she already died once?" etc.
Old 2009-10-22, 22:34   Link #80
maximilianjenus
[E]

I loled when eva-beatrice killed shannon again, does that make me a bad person?
Closed Thread