AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-17, 01:33   Link #21
Roardel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
"It's almost like Im the bad guy"

Poor Tenshi, she only wants to do her job
Yes, but what is her job? To make opponents obey the order and to delete them?
Old 2010-04-17, 01:38   Link #22
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

That makes it sound like Megaman... =X
Old 2010-04-17, 06:28   Link #23
farios

I really don't get why Angel is already so popular i mean so far she just shown following all the rules throws away some badass technique but that's it, she haven't showed any great or touching background or shows to be a sympathetic character. Heck she only has one line in episode 3.

I know she is going to pull the biggest tear jerker moment in the anime, but so far she is just a bland character i really can't like her now maybe after some new episodes i'll learn to like her...
Old 2010-04-17, 06:52   Link #24
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
I really don't get why Angel is already so popular i mean so far she just shown following all the rules throws away some badass technique but that's it, she haven't showed any great or touching background or shows to be a sympathetic character.
The way I read that: "she isn't emo like the other characters"
Old 2010-04-17, 07:16   Link #25
Ashaman

True, she hasn't done much yet, but I just get this meloncholic and lonely feel from her everytime she's on screen, and it makes me sympathetic, and i don't know why she's like that

That's what makes her an intresting character to me.
Old 2010-04-17, 08:24   Link #26
Elvin

You can already see where this series is going, I won't put a spoiler tag because this is more or less speculation for the future

We can assume that all of the characters have some tragic past. It may be some pre-death let go of your regrets' program like was mentioned earlier, but my first guess was that she's some powerful psychic who's transporting all these people there so they can live out their lives in peace in the ideal world before they pass. That'd make her character terribly kind in reality, wouldn't it? I'm not sure, but the fact that there're no adults and that they're in a school setting may imply something, possibly that she herself yearns for a normal life and started bringing everyone into her dimension to keep her company, which makes me wonder what her story is.

Last edited by Elvin; 2010-04-17 at 08:34.
Old 2010-04-17, 09:04   Link #27
Wrath88
Kissing...

1. Tenshi is smart. She should have realized by now why they hold concerts.
2. Yet she turns up for their concert instead of going around checking for others.

Does that mean that she somehow sensed Iwasara's chance to move on? It's like she doesn't care if the truth she's concealing is out as long as those who are in the same world move on.
Old 2010-04-17, 10:09   Link #28
Elvin

She's naturally lured to disorder, that's kind of her job, right? I don't think she suspected that they'd hax her comp. It was password protected after all.
Old 2010-04-17, 10:49   Link #29
Ryalynn

Tenshi (or whatever her real name is) is obsessed with order. That's probably her reason for being there in the first place. I bet she will disappear later in the series when Otonashi makes her smile/laugh for the first time. A little bit of chaos is normal after all.
On a similar note, it doesn't appear like she went to the concert to actually stop it, she even left after the teachers stopped it and returned when she heard the music. I had the impression that she tried to understand what's so fun about it. This would imply she knows that overcoming your past and accepting yourself is the key to moving on (she didn't look very surprised when Iwasara disappeared), but cannot do it on her own for herself or doesn't want to (possible reason: helping Yuri's group move on by having them lead a "normal" life [would fit the Seitokaichou image], actively fighting their rebellion is just not the smartest way to do it. Go tell her that, Otonashi!).
Old 2010-04-17, 12:42   Link #30
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryalynn View Post
Tenshi (or whatever her real name is) is obsessed with order. That's probably her reason for being there in the first place. I bet she will disappear later in the series when Otonashi makes her smile/laugh for the first time. A little bit of chaos is normal after all.
On a similar note, it doesn't appear like she went to the concert to actually stop it, she even left after the teachers stopped it and returned when she heard the music. I had the impression that she tried to understand what's so fun about it. This would imply she knows that overcoming your past and accepting yourself is the key to moving on (she didn't look very surprised when Iwasara disappeared), but cannot do it on her own for herself or doesn't want to (possible reason: helping Yuri's group move on by having them lead a "normal" life [would fit the Seitokaichou image], actively fighting their rebellion is just not the smartest way to do it. Go tell her that, Otonashi!).
No, she's not obsessed with order imo. Tenshi was in the dilemma that most people who enforce rules are. The concert wasn't suppose to happen but it's not like the concert is going to hurt anyone. In fact, the concert was beneficial for student morale. It was good thing to get them to move on. She made a decision not to take down the posters. (Right decision imo) She came to the concert but she didn't stop it. (Right decision again imo because Iwasawa resolved her issue at the concert, got the students to cry and Iwasawa moved on.)

We might even get a "Listen to my song" moment and more students beside Iwasawa passed on that day.
Old 2010-04-17, 12:47   Link #31
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Tenshi is the Yurippe of the previous generation. After she defeated the previous Tenshi she realized th3 truth and had no option but to take the vacant seat.

[/random prediction]
Old 2010-04-17, 14:03   Link #32
farios

Wait i thought Yuri said that she was the first one to rebel against God?
Old 2010-04-17, 14:07   Link #33
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Tenshi is the Yurippe of the previous generation. After she defeated the previous Tenshi she realized th3 truth and had no option but to take the vacant seat.

[/random prediction]
That would be nice twist to the story if it ever becomes true.
Old 2010-04-17, 14:08   Link #34
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post

[/random prediction]
"Into each generation a Tenshi is born:
one girl in all the world, a chosen one. She alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the Neets, Delinquents and the forces of disorder; to stop the spread of their fun and the swell of their numbers. She is the Tenshi."
Old 2010-04-17, 18:03   Link #35
WiZaRD85

Does anyone notice that all of Tenshi's abilities are related to sound terms(or music) somehow?

E.g. Hand Sonic, Distortion, Delay, Harmonics(not yet used in the anime).

Maybe Tenshi really does play the piano after all.
Old 2010-04-17, 21:00   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
Wait i thought Yuri said that she was the first one to rebel against God?
Well as far as she knows. If anyone had rebelled before, but everyone connected to it were gone before Yuri got there; how would she know? If no one is there to say otherwise you would certainly believe you were the first to rebel.

A lot of questions surrounding Tenshi right now. Her abilities seem to hint that she is similar to the SSS, but different. Not in terms of roles, but the source of her skills. Looking forward to finding out more about her character. Can feel sympathy since she doesn't exactly have a fun job here. Keeping order and taking more serious action as it is required.
Old 2010-04-18, 15:26   Link #37
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
"Into each generation a Tenshi is born:
one girl in all the world, a chosen one. She alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the Neets, Delinquents and the forces of disorder; to stop the spread of their fun and the swell of their numbers. She is the Tenshi."

lol, a good Buffy reference.

From what I have seen so far in all three episodes, I am thinking she have an Agent Smith-like role.
Old 2010-04-18, 18:00   Link #38
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post

From what I have seen so far in all three episodes, I am thinking she have an Agent Smith-like role.
Agent yes, Agent SMITH no.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-04-20, 00:31   Link #39
m3rryweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Agent yes, Agent SMITH no.
I'll laugh and cry if she becomes the next Agent Smith.
Old 2010-04-20, 20:19   Link #40
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3rryweather View Post
I'll laugh and cry if she becomes the next Agent Smith.
Doesn't Harmonics clone her?