AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-11, 15:43   Link #81
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

That was pretty fun, like it's said before nothing great on the whole but some nice light fun.

Should be fun seeing what kinda chaos Rose will get up to but from the start my attention is firmly planted on Eriko

I never thought that the music from the PV was gonna be used as the OP which is great as I loved then and still love it now, very catchy indeed.

I've been in a nit picky mood like always at the start of a new season and guess I'll just throw one little pointless and useless nit pick out there but man when does someone have the time to close a boot door and then jump in the passenger side seat while being shot at?!
I'd have jumped in the back, quicker than you can say "Nani"

Now awaiting for some more Eriko!
Old 2011-01-11, 15:51   Link #82
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It had its ups and downs, but there were no blatant issues and it seemed a bit entertaining, if a bit cliche (even for anime). I'll stay tuned for the next few episodes to see how it develops at least. I don't mind cliches and tropes, as long as they are well executed, so we'll see how well they deal with things.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 17:22   Link #83
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I agree, I don't see any Toradora here - the "Ryuuji" thing is about it. Also agree that Hiro-Hiro and KugiRie aren't necessarily the strength of the show. They're both playing themselves, basically - though at least we don't have KugiRie's tiresome tsun voice so far.

Honestly this series is an example of how one visual wizard (in this case the AD/CD) can make a huge difference for a series. There's just nothing remarkable about this show so far, but it simply has style. It looks fantastic, the character designs are great, and the music is engaging and drives the action. To be a bit hyperbolic, I think it's the most visually interesting series DEEN has ever produced.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2011-01-11 at 18:51.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 17:49   Link #84
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Hearing Rie's voice as another loli saying "Ryuji" takes me back to Toradora

Anyway, pretty good so far, though could've done without the hero of the series being so whiny. I thought he was gonna be a little more "stern" giving how he was introduced.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 22:56   Link #85
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm surprised most people like the OP. (Most people on these forums love songs I hate and vice versa.) I think this show has one of the best OPs this winter season.

As for the episode itself, I really like the style of it. On some of the characters, the eyes are a tiny bit odd. They're soulless-looking in certain color combos with the chars' hair, but it's not too distracting. Like I always say, there's much worse.

I'm a Kugimiya fan, so it's nice to hear her again. I've had a REALLY long break from hearing her (more so than most people) as I have not watched Toradora. I'm glad she's not in an overbearing role (dialogue-wise). It's also refreshing to hear her only be sweet and cutesy and not have to bust out the tsundere voice.

Despite how much the whiny-ish protagonist annoys me, I will stick with this show. Also, Eriko is awesome. I love how fun and spunky she is (without being annoying, like most girls who fill her role in anime). And magic butterfly cane is win.
Old 2011-01-12, 00:37   Link #86
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
At least on this forum, i don't think i have seen the comparison being made. And for a good reason - the two shows have nothing in common, said comparison is about as random as it gets.
Well, that was my opinion as well... it hit me kind of like "wow, those who remarked this really miss the mark in processing stories." I think its mostly the nanometer deep comparison of character appearance.

Anyway... I don't hate the show, just don't know if I like it yet. Giving it the usual probationary look-see because of the voice talent.
Old 2011-01-12, 01:29   Link #87
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

The association between this and Toradora! is made purely because Kugimiya is basically doing the same thing she did in Toradora!, only with less verbal insults and a lot less verbal capabilities as a whole.

I'm seeing more similarities between Rose and Shana rather than Rose and Taiga, however. Mostly the whole "associated-with-fire" aspects besides the constant "-uuji" screams.

Also somewhat hoping that there won't be too much emphasis on any potential romance settings, as that would kind of make the series more mundane.

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
HitoriTomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 02:16   Link #88
PzIVf3

I didn't expect this series so entertaining.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 02:21   Link #89
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitoriTomoyo View Post
The association between this and Toradora! is made purely because Kugimiya is basically doing the same thing she did in Toradora!, only with less verbal insults and a lot less verbal capabilities as a whole.

I'm seeing more similarities between Rose and Shana rather than Rose and Taiga, however. Mostly the whole "associated-with-fire" aspects besides the constant "-uuji" screams.

Also somewhat hoping that there won't be too much emphasis on any potential romance settings, as that would kind of make the series more mundane.
^ All of this. I agree completely.
Old 2011-01-12, 03:05   Link #90
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for size:
Girl with umbrella has white scales on her hand unless my eyes mistake me, so white dragon?

In any case, I kinda get the feeling the scientist who showed up at the end was his father since he seemed to have that kind of...cliche demeanor >.> I could be wrong though.

While I can't say this has captured me in any way, it was pleasing so I'll stick around and see what happens. I had low expectations for some reason and it didn't meet those (which is good).

Love the art so far.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 03:06   Link #91
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well, that was my opinion as well... it hit me kind of like "wow, those who remarked this really miss the mark in processing stories." I think its mostly the nanometer deep comparison of character appearance.
It's not really a logical Assessment that can be laid out and analyzed Beside, don't tell me, Kugimiya-san going "Ryuji!" doesn't spark some kind of feeling in that general direction deep down inside ?

P.S - I can see why JC Staff didn't take this... Not enough Tsun-power [/joking]
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 08:59   Link #92
faythz
I.G

oh now Taiga is in here and what's with those Big Blue Eyes Red Dragon??
Story looks decent but , I kinda hate anime like this where Main male protagonist looks weak and such a lucky bastard who got harem without effort. And for the female character why their eyes was so big.
hopefully in the next episode the male character didn't look more weak than this
faythz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 10:16   Link #93
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974

Unaru Kaze kiru
Kishi wa namida mo
Kodoku mo tsurugi de nugui
Run after Teki wa
Overtake Sekiryuu
Inochi kudakeru made
Ikari no ken de
Ikazuchi o yatsu no mune ni

* Tsuyoi zo Akai zo Red Dragon
Dakedo taosu zo Red Dragon
Makenai zo Kiba o muke
Kakatte koi Gaddemu da
Misete yaru Kono waza o
'Hiougi, Musoutensei Ken! Saucer Special!!'

Kogane no kami ga
Nabiku ga hayai ka
Aku o kiru hikaru yaiba
Remember Boku wa
Revenge you Chikau
Kono mi sakareru tomo
Ikari no honou
Yuke todoke moyase yatsu o

Chi o wari Sobie tatsu Red Dragon
Fujimi no Jashin da Red Dragon
Makenai zo Muteki demo
Kanarazu katsu Kono waza de
Kiseki yobu Kono waza de
'Hiougi, Musoutensei Ken! Saucer Special!!'
Old 2011-01-12, 12:29   Link #94
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

that was entertaining, while i enjoyed Rose's few words, i couldn't take my eyes off Eriko
Old 2011-01-12, 19:00   Link #95
wingman32x

I liked episode 1. The OP was awesome. It was def. different from most stuff I've heard so far, in a good way. Rose was adorable and I loved how she talked in that excited tone the whole time. She wasn't just saying the words, she was exclaiming them, which was cute. The humor was good. Had to laugh at the end when the helicopter randomly popped up. I also laughed at the way he said it. "Good Morning, do you have a dragon?" lol funny. Overall I really liked the episode.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 01:01   Link #96
gameboy234

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post
Hand bite?
Yea i think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The gal on the bottom left look like eriko. First spotted her during op then later on saw eriko and wondered y her eyes is normal.
With this pic then i knew they are 2 different person.
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 10:20   Link #97
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Girl with umbrella has white scales on her hand unless my eyes mistake me, so white dragon?

In any case, I kinda get the feeling the scientist who showed up at the end was his father since he seemed to have that kind of...cliche demeanor >.> I could be wrong though.

While I can't say this has captured me in any way, it was pleasing so I'll stick around and see what happens. I had low expectations for some reason and it didn't meet those (which is good).

Love the art so far.
Going by the opening it's blue not white.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 15:49   Link #98
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

is this a harem or what? All the girl dragons going to love Ryuuji or something?
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 15:50   Link #99
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
is this a harem or what? All the girl dragons going to love Ryuuji or something?
Defiantly has that "harem" feeling with all these girls rounding around our male lead
Old 2011-01-13, 16:25   Link #100
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Going by the opening it's blue not white.
ah could be, hard to tell the color in that picture its so small.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen