AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Hyouka - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 25 30.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 47.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-23, 14:36   Link #61
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I couldn't really catch all the references with Sugita lulz lines, but I almost spit my drink when he blurted "闇に食われろ!" (Ragna's quote for a special move from Blazblue)

Meanwhile, Eru having such "enhancement" will definitely be a force to reckon in the future episodes
And for some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if things would go even more out of hand if more interactions are done between her and Irisu. Albeit, I doubt Irisu would be able to overcome Eru's Mystic Eyes of Curiosity Perception.

Anyway so far, this arc sure got quite entertaining despite we have very little exposure regarding that thief. Well this sure put a lot of flavor for the main cast, so no real complaint here.
Old 2012-07-23, 14:55   Link #62
ilovejavachip

Another great episode.
In the part where Irisu whispers to Chitanda, does she really mention the opposite sex? Because in the Commie version of the subs, she doesn't mention that... at least I don't think so.
Old 2012-07-23, 15:07   Link #63
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
This episode was heaps of fun. Chitanda using her purple eye hypnosis on a girl this time... and it doesn't matter. According to Chitanda's eyes, even a straight person will turn gay for a short period

Then there was the Trick or Treat girls and was Oreki smooooth. Snuck in a anthology sale in there as well. Good job!
Not really smooth. He spent 200 yen + a water gun to get 200 yen's worth of cookies. If they weren't nice enough to give him a bag of flour, he'd be behind.
Old 2012-07-23, 15:24   Link #64
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So... Why doesn't Chitanda just hypnotize everyone into buying anthologies?
i think she not aware of her "latente powers", she thinks is a "normal person" with only enought "lucky" to elude ppls to doing what she want, when her finally finds her true power (hypnotic eyes, enhanced senses, good memory, awesome cooking skills, hyperactivity, and new learned "how to ask"), she gona become the most dangerous person on the world, even to be able to easy beat medaka.
Old 2012-07-23, 16:16   Link #65
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
For me, the two things that stand out most in this episode are:

1. Chitanda could certainly give Nigella Lawson a fair fight for the title of Domestic Goddess, both with her looks and her ability to create a magnificent meal out of whatever happens to be in the fridge, and

2. out of Irisu's own mouth comes conclusive evidence that she is willing to manipulate people to achieve the end result she desires, and has developed her own precise methods to deceive her victims, lulling them into a false sense of pride and self-importance. Let's hope this puts a definitive end to the debate of whether or not she was manipulating Houtarou during the last arc.
Irisu did more to help out Eru with her anthology-selling problem than anybody else that Eru approached about it (and Eru had approached a lot of people about it). Irisu even gave Eru totally free advice on how best to approach others when in need of assistance. Now, one can disagree with the advice that Irisu gave Eru, but Irisu herself no doubt thinks that it's good advice.

Irisu didn't have to do any of this. In fact, most of the people that Eru approached basically blew her off completely. Irisu could have easily done the same with no negative repercussions whatsoever.

Eru felt thankful to Irisu, and rightfully so. Irisu deserves more credit than what she's getting on this thread, imo.
Old 2012-07-23, 16:38   Link #66
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Now that it was mentioned, Toogaito-sempai was blackmailed by Houtarou and (probably) will be the first victim of Eru's new skill. Poor guy.

Edit: I actually posted this one to answer this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
BTW who was Mayaka cosplaying this time?
Someone commented in Mazui post that she did Akko-chan. I think this one: http://myanimelist.net/anime/3285/Himitsu_no_Akko-chan
Old 2012-07-23, 17:54   Link #67
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Irisu did more to help out Eru with her anthology-selling problem than anybody else that Eru approached about it (and Eru had approached a lot of people about it). Irisu even gave Eru totally free advice on how best to approach others when in need of assistance. Now, one can disagree with the advice that Irisu gave Eru, but Irisu herself no doubt thinks that it's good advice.

Irisu didn't have to do any of this. In fact, most of the people that Eru approached basically blew her off completely. Irisu could have easily done the same with no negative repercussions whatsoever.

Eru felt thankful to Irisu, and rightfully so. Irisu deserves more credit than what she's getting on this thread, imo.
I think the one who helped Chitanda out the most was the committee chairperson who told her she could have other booths sell the anthology for her. If it hadn't been for him, there would have been no quest for other venues to offload the anthology, and she would probably have had to wile away her time in the club room, being bored with Mr Grumpy. At least he saved her from that fate.

Since you labeled it as "totally free," do you think Irisu should have charged Chitanda for advice? Don't you think she already owes Chitanda big-time for rescuing her from doom by getting Mr Grumpy to go to the "screening" and all that followed? Nonetheless, I don't think she had any choice than to give Chitanda the advice after being subjected to those mystical orbs.

As to feeling thankful, of course Chitanda does. She's the embodiment of a perfect young lady who shows respect and proper manners (whether or not the recipient deserves that respect or, as you say, credit). So why didn't Irisu feel thankful for being rescued by Mr Grumpy and crew? Why didn't she give Mr Grumpy the credit he deserves?
Old 2012-07-23, 19:13   Link #68
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I love that you can actually hear Houtarou calling out "Satoshi" when Chitanda first heard it. Have to say her supernatural senses finally make a comeback this arc with picking out that sound when it would have been easy for everyone to miss it.
Old 2012-07-23, 19:51   Link #69
Snuffle
likes cute things

^
She heard it like a dog whistle
Old 2012-07-23, 20:35   Link #70
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Forgot to say this but the Astronomy club's attempt at witchcraft was pretty lolworthy too.
Oh, my sweet Sawakiguchi... I want to take you out to dinner. If only to keep you the fuck away from the kitchen.
Old 2012-07-23, 21:41   Link #71
Excorsism

For those who love those cute, blushing pumpkin girls:

Spoiler for Pumpkins:
Old 2012-07-23, 22:15   Link #72
Dr. Casey

Huh... so Irisu has corrupted our pure little Chitanda. Based on the Next Episode preview, I expect some sexy interesting results.

Also claiming pumpkin girls as my waifus, but only if they never take the pumpkins off.
Old 2012-07-23, 22:56   Link #73
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
I think the one who helped Chitanda out the most was the committee chairperson who told her she could have other booths sell the anthology for her.
That was a helpful gesture, but it's dependent on other clubs opening up their booths to Chitanda, which she was having a pretty hard time with until she received assistance from Irisu.

Quote:
Since you labeled it as "totally free," do you think Irisu should have charged Chitanda for advice? Don't you think she already owes Chitanda big-time for rescuing her from doom by getting Mr Grumpy to go to the "screening" and all that followed?
Oh, I agree. But some people don't care about paying back their debts. Some people are just users and abusers. If somebody doesn't hesitate to return favors, then that person isn't just an user and an abuser. That person is probably a decent human being, at least.

Quote:
So why didn't Irisu feel thankful for being rescued by Mr Grumpy and crew? Why didn't she give Mr Grumpy the credit he deserves?
She did feel thankful for it. She did express thanks to him.
Old 2012-07-23, 23:29   Link #74
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Irisu, ponytail chitanda... what more can I ask for? That's right! Hearing ero-ero stuff from Irisu's sexy voice.

8/10

Arturia

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-07-23, 23:29   Link #75
raruku

Chitanda and Irisu, they've know each other for a long time.

I think that why she(Irisu) help her(Eru).
Old 2012-07-23, 23:53   Link #76
-khriz-

This past 3 episodes have been boring and painful to watch . Chitanda has to be one of the worst characters ever on anime, I just can't stand listening to her every 3 secs saying "I am curious", she is so annoying and the way she acts gets on my nerve. They should have made Maka the main love interest of the MC, she's so much better and it would have definitely put this anime over the top for me.
Old 2012-07-24, 00:38   Link #77
flack

Was there even a mystery they had to solve in this episode? This show is progressing so very slowly. Wonder what the climax is like. It isn't getting interesting as I expect it would.
Old 2012-07-24, 03:51   Link #78
R.LocK
My turn

Alright, I won't say that it's the best episode in show, not yet, but it's clearly brilliant work with pacing. Slowly built-up tension; plot, progressing on so many levels; other nice stuff happening here and there. Sometimes, the lack of mysteries makes wonders with Hyouka.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-07-24 at 12:48. Reason: Off-topic bit removed...
Old 2012-07-24, 04:31   Link #79
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Was there even a mystery they had to solve in this episode? This show is progressing so very slowly. Wonder what the climax is like. It isn't getting interesting as I expect it would.
The mystery probably already started at the beginning of the arc, with episode 12.
I suppose it's one of those cases were all clues were hidden nonchalantly and we just didn't notice due to enjoying the school festival like the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not really smooth. He spent 200 yen + a water gun to get 200 yen's worth of cookies. If they weren't nice enough to give him a bag of flour, he'd be behind.
Looking at the end results it goes like this:
- the classics club sold one anthology for 200 yen
- Oreki bought two cookies for 200 yen (their normal price) and traded the water pistol for a bag of flour
- The Trick or Treat girls traded two cookies for an anthology (same price items), and a bag of flour for a water pistol.

It’s a bit roundabout, but I’d say it’s a fair deal and the classics club is clearly a winner in the end.
Oreki had no use for the water pistol, so the bag of flour is just a bonus (which proved useful eventually). Selling an anthology was the point, and unlike the other items he traded for he actually had a personal use for cookies.

Last edited by don_Durandal; 2012-07-24 at 04:49. Reason: reply to Anh Minh
Old 2012-07-24, 05:35   Link #80
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Someone commented in Mazui post that she did Akko-chan. I think this one: http://myanimelist.net/anime/3285/Himitsu_no_Akko-chan
No wonder I didn't recognize her! With the green dress and yellow headband, her colors were totally off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Irisu did more to help out Eru with her anthology-selling problem than anybody else that Eru approached about it (and Eru had approached a lot of people about it). Irisu even gave Eru totally free advice on how best to approach others when in need of assistance.
And she even bought 20 copies of Hyuoka at a discount (150 yen each). Irisu-san is
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Closed Thread