AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-12, 12:39   Link #21
klare

she is the type of girl u want to be your friend, not girl friend, but end up marrying her^^
Old 2010-11-12, 13:20   Link #22
Revan21

I wonder what she needed to hide before letting Kyousuke enter her room...
I don't want her to turn out to be a stalker
Old 2010-11-12, 13:49   Link #23
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
I wonder what she needed to hide before letting Kyousuke enter her room...
Her eroge collection
That would at least make her more interesting.
Old 2010-11-13, 12:03   Link #24
Kamonichan

Probably just typical girl stuff. I mean, if every girl in the world had to hide her eroge/doujinshi collection before Kyousuke entered her room, then I would begin to suspect that contact with Kyousuke spawns eroge in your room. Of course, that would be interesting in and of itself.
Old 2010-11-13, 12:48   Link #25
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Probably just typical girl stuff. I mean, if every girl in the world had to hide her eroge/doujinshi collection before Kyousuke entered her room, then I would begin to suspect that contact with Kyousuke spawns eroge in your room. Of course, that would be interesting in and of itself.
Contact with Kyousuke spawns a desire in girls to be his imouto, and thus a desire for imouto eroge. As simple as that
Old 2010-11-18, 02:53   Link #26
Lumine
Band Army Member

Something funny I've noticed.

Manami Tamura:
- height 160cm
- weight 50kg
sizes- 84 - 59 - 86

She has bigger boobs than Saeko from High School of the Dead D:
Old 2010-11-18, 16:55   Link #27
Yang

When I first read what Ore no Imouto was about, I had no doubt that the ending would include Kyousuke and Kirino in some (w)incest relationship but now that it seems to be avoiding that route, I can't believe that Kyousuke is letting Manami slip away. She obviously leaves him hints at the park, and my favourite Manami scene:
Spoiler for Manami win:

I'd love to see this develop into something bigger, but I highly doubt it seeing that there's so little love for Manami x Kyousuke and it's never the childhood friend Oh well, maybe in the PSP game...
Old 2010-11-18, 19:01   Link #28
Kamonichan

The childhood friend never wins. It's one the Ten Harem Commandments, apparently.
Old 2010-11-18, 20:33   Link #29
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
The childhood friend never wins. It's one the Ten Harem Commandments, apparently.
Actually from someone else I recall reading that they won about 44% of the time if there was one in the series, but I have no idea who said that was someone here .
MAL
Old 2010-11-18, 20:52   Link #30
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Kanon and True Tears are exceptions here, so you never know...
Old 2010-11-18, 20:58   Link #31
chaosprophet

Quote:
In harem series they don't usally win, but then that's kind logical. The childhood friend has a very big advantage. So that makes them good material to be the the main adversary for the girl who is actually getting the guy. But if they're actually the main they would win to easy.

Although it isn't my main pairing I like Manami enough and wouldn't mind if Kyousuke end up with her but I trhink her chances are low.
Old 2010-11-18, 22:03   Link #32
Lumine
Band Army Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Don't forget Shuffle anime and Ai Yori Aoshi
Old 2010-11-19, 00:04   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So is DN ANgel.
Old 2010-11-19, 03:23   Link #34
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan
There's just ton of anime where the childhood friend wins.

Romance-wise, Manami has more progress with her relationship with Kyousuke than other characters. The power of childhood friend.
Old 2010-11-19, 20:24   Link #35
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I don't see any harem at the moment for Kyousuke, so can't say that its a harem anime yet but the development does seem to be going their. He has Kirino and Manami so far, that's all I know.
Old 2010-11-22, 05:46   Link #36
Kamonichan

Wow, I can't believe I forgot about Ai Yori Aoshi. That was one of my favorite manga when it was still being released. So maybe Manami does stand a chance. Though now that KuroNeko has entered the fray, who knows?
Old 2013-07-08, 22:14   Link #37
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
Hopefully she'll stay that way. Can't have her interfering with the actual interesting main relationship.
This post is kind of interesting in retrospect, seeing as Manami did have an incredibly important role in the relationship between Kyosuke and Kirino, to the point where we wouldn't have a story without her. Our understanding of the Ore no Imouto world was a lot more limited during the single fortnight this thread was active (poor Manami, nobody cares about discussing her), where even the first season was far from finished.
Old 2013-07-08, 22:53   Link #38
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Our understanding of the Ore no Imouto world was a lot more limited during the single fortnight this thread was active (poor Manami, nobody cares about discussing her), where even the first season was far from finished.
Well, the problem is that -- in the anime (not talking about the novels at all) -- she's basically not a main character for a lot of the story. Other than her one episode in the first season, she's sort of like "Protagonist's Best Friend A" for a lot of the anime. She's a sounding board from time-to-time and moves the plot in a few cases, but she's not really a central driver. Her role is about the same as Saori, all things considered, who sort of becomes "Protagonist's Best Friend B" except she's more on the side of the plot that's moving.

We did know from the get-go that there was some long-term bad blood between Manami and Kirino, and so it makes sense that this would come back at the end... but there wasn't really all that much to say about her between her character episode and now. Again, in the anime. So in that sense, maybe it is poor Manami -- we never really got to know her that well.
Old 2013-07-08, 23:48   Link #39
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I got this from a certain forum.

Spoiler for Novel Volume 12; WARNING: It may contains flaming content. Read it at your own risk:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-09 at 00:18. Reason: added novel volume indicator to spoiler tag
Old 2013-07-09, 00:10   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I got this from a certain forum. [...]
My comment about that image is brief (and rather angry), but I'll put in spoiler tags just to be safe.

Spoiler for Response to image, Volume 12 Novel spoilers:

Tags
characters