Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-12-25, 03:30   Link #1
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Kung Fu Hustle

Watched it just yesterday, so here's a small review/my thoughts on the movie.

The humour in Kung Fu Hustle is your typical Stephen Chow fare, nothing outstanding from him sadly but seeing as how it is written by Stephen Chow it'd still be one of the funniest shows you'd proberbly see.
The action scenes were pretty cool especially since they were directed by Yuen Wo-ping. (Of Matrix fame, together with Yuen Shun-yi. Just a little tidbit here. ) Think Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon + The Matrix
The graphics were good (What do I say to that?)
Story-wise it was heartwarming but shitty, just like almost all his other movies and the acting was only mediocre.

To sum it up, this is a great movie but not fantastic and most importantly, you should watch it with an open-mind or else you wouldn't enjoy it and you'd end up wasting that $8.50/$7.50 you spent on your ticket. (That's the ticket charge here anyway)

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-12-25 at 04:05.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 03:41   Link #2
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I really want to watch this film. Mainly because I'm a Stephen Chow fanboy and find most of his films pretty entertaining.

So the obvious comparison that everyone is going to ask you is how does it stack up to Shaolin Soccer?
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 04:02   Link #3
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
So the obvious comparison that everyone is going to ask you is how does it stack up to Shaolin Soccer?
KFH is funnier compared to Shaolin Soccer and overall more enjoyable, the action sequences are cooler as well. But Shaolin Soccer's main advantage (If you want to call it that) is that it's more 'humour > story' then KFH, which is a good thing seeing as how KFH's story sucks.

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-12-25 at 07:05.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote