AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-22, 04:27   Link #1001
JediNight
キズランダム

For the last time, Poplar is not a love interest in any form for Souta. He likes her for being cute and short. Poplar admires what "Kotori" represents in physique, etc.

Souta sees Yamada as a freeloading little kid "cousin" essentially. (Basically the only one that immediately saw through her ploy) So he treats her as a kid first and foremost. Being a girl doesn't really factor into it.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 04:34   Link #1002
Wigwams

yay... looks like maya (megane waitress) is gonna have her VA debut next episode.
Old 2010-06-22, 04:35   Link #1003
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

pseudonhym and qwerty
Why Kotori-chan and not Kyouko? I mentioned this when the episode first came out (two pages ago now)...
Quote:
Kyouko is pretty much a good-for-nothing, which Poplar wouldn't want to be.
---------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Poplar absolutely said the truth when she said "You aren't taking your Androphobia seriously enough!" because well...it needed to be said. I feel like in the end, it might end in a certain way, but we'll see.
Was this when Poplar sat Inami down with a cup of tea? (=> "You've got to put more effort into fixing your androphobia!") The impression I get is: Inami does take her androphobia seriously, but she's taken the "stay away from them" approach rather than trying to fix it...

As for season 2...personally, I'd rather they wait until they have more material. There is some stuff they can go back too, but it really isn't enough for a second season. Plus, I'm going to need a break from my recent (and continuing) DVD binge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
In fact, 60% of the time when you search for Working, you get Souma x Satou yaoi.
This completely cracks me up, because
Spoiler for spoiler for skipped manga material from vol 4:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-06-22 at 10:01.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 09:38   Link #1004
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I'm surprised that people haven't commented on the fact that, SOMEHOW, Yamada has both rope and a set of metal handcuffs. :P
Its also possible she likes to have them used on her rather than by her on others. Clues lead both ways...
Old 2010-06-22, 09:55   Link #1005
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yamada certainly has a variety of items ready to be used . It wasn't a bad plan to try the containment approach, but good on Souta to already realize it wouldn't really work. You'd have to take ridiculous measures to prevent Inami from unleashing any kind of attack and besides with her insane strength she could probably break free anyways.

Well curious to see how the date does end up going. Should get some laughs depending how much the others play into this date. Talk about a flurry of activity with Inami freaking out while trying to prepare.

Be nice if we could get a season 2 out of this. Has been a pretty fun show with a lot more focus on Takanshi x Inami than I had expected.
Old 2010-06-22, 10:02   Link #1006
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yamada's "Poke me too!" was also my favorite part of the episode, but then again Yamada is my favorite character, so...

It was nice to see Poplar a bit more, though in the end, she didn't even get half of the episode to herself. It looks like the eldest Takanashi sister is also a minicon? Or is Poplar simply that cute?

The part with Nazuna was great too. Thanks to Inami, she thinks her brother is a total masochist now
Old 2010-06-22, 10:19   Link #1007
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My favorite moment of the episode was Satou "clearing the battlefield" with deft maneuvers during the "lets test Inami on the kitchen staff" scene. He was brilliant in neutralizing all threats in that one.

I'm dampening my anticipation for the date simply because I know this is a 4-koma and some of the tension exists in the ongoing struggle of Inami's basket of issues. But as long as there's some sort of progress (which there has been throughout the season interestingly enough) it'll be fine (especially if there's a followup season). Downside is that unless the anime diverts from the manga or pursues its own timeline - most of a second season will have to be the other story arcs covered in the existing 7 volumes rather than more progress in the Inami-Katanashi thread.
Old 2010-06-22, 11:53   Link #1008
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's a shame it's pretty obvious how the next episode will play out thanks to that preview, though at least we know a certain character will finally say a few words.
Old 2010-06-22, 16:08   Link #1009
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Random observation: through 12 episodes of Kyouko devouring food like a black hole, only her breasts seem to have gotten larger with each episode.
A magical girl of a different kind, apparently...
Old 2010-06-22, 21:19   Link #1010
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Random observation: through 12 episodes of Kyouko devouring food like a black hole, only her breasts seem to have gotten larger with each episode.
Fluctuating production quality. That, or the sight of all those buxom busoms -- pretty much everyone except Mahiru, Nazuna, and Aoi are 'talented' to say the least -- made you crossed-eyed. :P
Old 2010-06-22, 21:44   Link #1011
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Fluctuating production quality. That, or the sight of all those buxom busoms -- pretty much everyone except Mahiru, Nazuna, and Aoi are 'talented' to say the least -- made you crossed-eyed. :P
I think it's fluctuating production quality... although the OP makes it very clear Kyouko's are already large. But everyone's has fluctuated except Inami, who's remained small-chested.

karice67: That must be why Satou keeps going along with Souma's evil plans... including the 'let's make Yachiyo serve you' one. Pity they took out the manga extra in Volume 2 where Souma said he'd give Yachiyo Kyouko's three sizes if she caught Satou...

As for Poplar, I think it's more that she looks that young AND that earnest that Kozue had to hug Poplar.

Edit: Kazue even.

Last edited by Haesslich; 2010-06-23 at 00:08.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 21:45   Link #1012
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
though at least we know a certain character will finally say a few words.
Who cares about her? I've been waiting for Random background cooker A and B to finally make their appearance

Those guys must be the r0x0rz.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 03:28   Link #1013
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Who cares about her?
Quite a lot of us actually.
Old 2010-06-23, 07:53   Link #1014
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Megane-chan rocks...i used to think of meganekko as normal like any other anime trends, but ever since i watched EVA 2.2, my opinion of it changed completely. Compared to the other meganekkos, Mari and Maya are on its own "meganekko" league

Btw summaries for ep 13 of Working

Angry-like megane-chan is awsm

But i'm still in love with Inami anyway..
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 08:03   Link #1015
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Angry-like megane-chan is awsm
I can't wait to find out why she's so angry.
Old 2010-06-23, 08:12   Link #1016
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I think it's obvious: Poplar and Aoi skipped out on work too (to spy on Inami and Takanashi), leaving her to do their work.

Spoiler for Spoiler!:

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2010-06-23 at 09:13.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 11:51   Link #1017
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I can't wait to find out why she's so angry.
Isn't that obvious, she isn't getting the screen time she wants. I mean being such a cutey and your only screen time is really only in the last ep of series, you would surely be a little pissed off

Spoiler for 13:

as for the ep 12

"Like I said, Inami-chan is harmless now....probably"

"Try touching her"

and what follows was just too funny, favorite scene of the ep!
Old 2010-06-23, 12:00   Link #1018
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Oh crap.

Spoiler:

Also, I wonder if Nazuna found out about the Kotori-chan incident given those photos Poplar always carries with her now? That'd be... wow. All of his sisters would be like Poplar, but more forceful.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 04:05   Link #1019
JediNight
キズランダム

Vexx or Shiro happen to know what is behind the "more recent" slowdown in the volume releases for Working? She was releasing a volume every 6 months up to Vol5. Then suddenly 11 months for Vol6, and 15 months for Vol7.

Has she just gotten writers block since wrapping up most of the friction between Inami and Souta? Or burned out on the comic pace? (Her author chibi makes her look a little emo heh...)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 04:32   Link #1020
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Vexx or Shiro happen to know what is behind the "more recent" slowdown in the volume releases for Working? She was releasing a volume every 6 months up to Vol5. Then suddenly 11 months for Vol6, and 15 months for Vol7.
Hm? Where did you get those numbers from? Looking at wiki, the gaps, starting from the first volume, have been 6, 7, 9, 6, 11, 12 (months), and now an incredibly short 4 months for volume 8 (July 25th)...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen