AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 50 47.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 22.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 10.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.94%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-06, 10:09   Link #61
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor jube View Post
Spoiler for episode 5:
Three words:

PUNCH THE LOLI!!
Old 2010-11-06, 10:25   Link #62
tsunade666

-_- you know I'm a lolicon -_- and that scene just erupts few veins on my brain. Though I know what would happen next so I just ignore it because the next scene blows away that memory. Dere Kaori is a sight to behold and Tsuchimikado just adds more to the win.
Old 2010-11-06, 10:32   Link #63
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Everyone loves kaori......EVERYONE...
Old 2010-11-06, 10:59   Link #64
hai_san

Bad Boy Touma punching the girl twice! and even in the face that is so brutal... couldnt he punch her in the stomach instead?
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 11:00   Link #65
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I'm very surprised that the feminist community in anime fandom has not started screaming for Touma's blood for doing

Spoiler for Episode 5:

this. And if your remember your first season its not the first time either.

I for one love the guy. To quote Batman he's the rare "Equal Opportunity Crime-Fighter" that punishes evildoers no matter what's between their legs.

In terms of fight-choreography and sheer visceral ferocity Touma Vs Agnese easily ranks amongst the best battle in the Academy-City-Franchise next to the Accelerator at the docks, Index VS the Golem (first season Index)and Telestina on the Highway (Railgun finale) battles.

Would it be a stretch to say that as she is, evil-and-sexy Agenese-chan could EASILY wipe the floor with post-brain-damage Accelerator?
Old 2010-11-06, 11:19   Link #66
tsunade666

I'm not a feminist but it's just that.... hmm it's not entirely good to see a woman get hurt. And I don't mind Sherry -_- It's just that Agnese is one of the good girls in toaruverse which I like. I rank her higher than munchdex and biribiri
Old 2010-11-06, 12:59   Link #67
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well that was an somewhat entertaining ep, I didn't really care for the 1st part with all the standing around while crazy nuns seemingly taking an age to bust down the door(it's stuff like this that I can nit pick at but know it happens all too often in anime)

I did however find that the Falcon Punch put a on my face.

Loved the Kaori bit, she's just lovely

But most importantly, next ep, Kuroko-sama!!!
Old 2010-11-06, 13:12   Link #68
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Kuroko-chan's back!! Time to break out the box of tissues!!

.... uh, to wipe the "tears of joy" of course, yes.
Old 2010-11-06, 13:37   Link #69
Dahak86
Classics never age

Wow, what an episode, aside from the first few minutes, the rest was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
Spoiler for Episode 5:

TOUMA
DOES NOT
FUCK AROUND!
variations on the theme =>

other gifs =>
Old 2010-11-06, 13:43   Link #70
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Would it be a stretch to say that as she is, evil-and-sexy Agenese-chan could EASILY wipe the floor with post-brain-damage Accelerator?
LOL no. post-brain-damage Accelerator is still BY FAR the strongest level 5 of AC(that is close/on par to saint level, at the very least). Agnese is a mid level magician at best...

this was one of the weakest novels, and it was pretty weak in anime version as well, but tatemiya-bro, badass styil, blushing kaori and gar touma are still cool
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 14:13   Link #71
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
No, she can't. She's not even near the level that Accel is on, even when he's reduced to half of his original power.
Spoiler for light novel spoilers.:
Old 2010-11-06, 14:29   Link #72
SkoolRumble4Ya

Damn Touma Mike Tyson the loli. I kinda feel sorry for her but at the same time she deserve it
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 15:03   Link #73
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

Good Ep. I kinda felt bad for her (Agnese). Its a shame that the two followers didn't get any screen time here. (Angelene probably found a good hidding spot and waited for this to all blow over, lol.)
Dominic Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 15:12   Link #74
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Kaoriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ~<3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 15:53   Link #75
Joe_fh

A nice episode as usual. Touma really went all out punching a little girl in the face Seeing as she was a frail girl and all even if he wanted to punch her he should have avoided the face

Still that scene is great for making all kinds of jokes apperantly
I wonder if we'll see Agnese again. Obviously there's more to her character and I do hope at one point we'll learn the whole story.

Next episode we're going to see the Rail's n cast in action so that would be entertaining for sure. Also if Last order was in the preview, does that mean we'll get to see Accelerator as well?

And as it was mentioned, I wonder how Acclerator will fight against Agnese. It's clear she won't really be able to do anything since he'll deflect the attacks, though if they appear from thin air can he redirect them back at her? There's no way he'd lose or most probably even get hit(touched) but I wonder what will happen to Agnese's attacks...

I finally understood why Kanzaki attacked those knights And she was surprisingly cute this episode.

One last thing - is it just me or every time Touma fights seriously (against a strong opponent) he turn around, smiles and passes out?
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 15:54   Link #76
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Really, who hasn't wanted to do that to a Kugimiya Rie character at least once? Just admit it to yourselves.

Touma's loli-punching was the clear highlight, but there were lots of amusing moments there. Kanazaki being all shy - and damn, I love the one-legged jeans thing. And Styl showing his true age through his cigarette-chewing badass facade when Index' welfare is concerned - the poor guy really has it bad for her. Too bad for Styl Index doesn't appear to have shotacon tendencies, so he'll have to wait a few years to have a chance.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 15:55   Link #77
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
I'm very surprised that the feminist community in anime fandom has not started screaming for Touma's blood for doing

Spoiler for Episode 5:

this. And if your remember your first season its not the first time either.
Lol. So all the feminists in the anime community are Straw feminists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Seeing as she was a frail girl and all even if he wanted to punch her he should have avoided the face
Lol. I bet he just likes punching people in the face. There's a voice in the back of his head that goes "FALCON PUNCH" whenever he punches someone.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 15:56   Link #78
giorno

Quote:
And as it was mentioned, I wonder how Acclerator will fight against Agnese. It's clear she won't really be able to do anything since he'll deflect the attacks, though if they appear from thin air can he redirect them back at her? There's no way he'd lose or most probably even get hit(touched) but I wonder what will happen to Agnese's attacks...:
except Agnese uses magic, so redirection=probably useless

the problem is that her attack is too weak to take him out, and accel could just split the ground under her feet, then put it back together and crush her...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 15:57   Link #79
outerelf

Quote:
One last thing - is it just me or every time Touma fights seriously (against a strong opponent) he turn around, smiles and passes out?
Touma fights to protect, and his body won't let him rest until he knows everyone is safe. Once he knows that, then his body (which for this one was pretty badly abused to be coughing up blood) looses all of its energy.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 17:33   Link #80
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Who says even "real" magic can't use the illusionist magician's slight of hand and mis direction. Works like a charm
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote