AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-25, 07:43   Link #61
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Manga Ending
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-25, 09:14   Link #62
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Did Kiyotaka's face was shown? How does he looks like? Identical with Ayumu?
Old 2006-02-26, 07:42   Link #63
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO
Did Kiyotaka's face was shown? How does he looks like? Identical with Ayumu?
Yes they showed his face and he does look a bit like Ayumu.
Old 2006-05-21, 13:25   Link #64
XxX_Blade_Child_XxX
yes, what the f***

Send a message via MSN to XxX_Blade_Child_XxX
yeah, Kiyotatka looks alot like Ayumu, but with longer hair that he keeps tied back
Old 2006-06-01, 17:05   Link #65
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
will there ever be a 2nd spiral season..? ^^"

i know that unless it was announced no one can give me a solid answer but i just want it so much.. i don't understand what's up with that ending.

maybe you heard the creator/studio saying anything about a 2nd season..? ^^"

thanks.

btw how's the manga and is it released in the US? (how many volumes is it)
Old 2006-06-02, 00:24   Link #66
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There has been no word about the anime ever getting a second season and I personally doubt it.

Hopefully someone will post a synopsis of the manga's ending for those people who are curious. Before the forum crash in December some kind soul posted such a synopsis, but we lost that post. I will only say that after reading that synopsis I lost all interest in ever seeing a second season of Spiral. Still, it would be nice if someone would post that again so that others can understand why a second season is not desirable.

Trust me when I say that anything you want to imagine about the secret of the Blade Children is better than what was revealed in the manga. It's as if the manga mutated into a totally different story and genre than the early part which was animated.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-06-02, 02:58   Link #67
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
I only remember 2 things about this anime.
1 : i loved the opening song + visual, the puzzle piece moving everywhere really left me a good impression.
2 : it ended without giving any answer about what were the "childrens" and what was the deal with the main guy's brother.

I think i used enjoy the anime but the end just suck, not sure i would enjoy a second season, dont think this kind of anime would appeal me now. Not even sure they will do a season 2 after so many years between the Spiral serie.
Old 2006-06-20, 19:27   Link #68
XxX_Blade_Child_XxX
yes, what the f***

3) What are the blade children?
MAJOR SPOILER!!!
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-21, 06:22   Link #69
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

yeah, and thats why this show is silly after the lets blow up ayumu arc :/
Old 2006-07-03, 20:44   Link #70
hiyono_s2
<3 narumi ayumu

um would anyone know a good site to find translated scans of the manga??? i only found volumes 1-4 online. && can anyone explain what happens in the manga that the anime doesnt show? more details on hiyono being sent by kiyotaka please!
Old 2006-07-26, 10:57   Link #71
XxX_Blade_Child_XxX
yes, what the f***

There aren't many more details about Kiyotaka sending Hiyono, not that I can remember at least...

I know that there are some translations for the spiral manga at

http://www.realitylapse.com/manga/spiral.php

as to which volumes I'm ont too sure...
Old 2006-07-26, 11:00   Link #72
XxX_Blade_Child_XxX
yes, what the f***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayuki
How about a series just about Rio?
a series about Rio would be cool, I like Rio...
Old 2006-09-08, 17:52   Link #73
Kain Wanderer

Its been some time from this post to the 1st one about 3 years. Does anyone know anything new on this anime. I have been checking out a few other places and some of those fourms are saying that a 2nd season to this anime is in the planning and will be starting on Japan some time in 2007. Also can anyone will update us on the manga.
Old 2006-09-09, 02:08   Link #74
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It seems unlikely that there will be a second season. To date there are no reliable sources saying this.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-08-30, 07:49   Link #75
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just finished watching this, and if asked to describe it one sentence i would say: One big ball of nonsense.

The start was interesting, and despite the anti-climatic chibi and slapstick moments (that thankfully gradually dispersed as the series progressed) i was interested in learning about the Blade Children, their curse, fate, the reason they are hunted and how is Narumi's brother connected to all this and what role he is supposed to play. Needless to say, i was not exactly pleased when the anime failed to address any of these points.

The plot and details were forgotten very quickly in favor of ''Lets have out weekly 'blow up Ayumu!' episode". Through the series they keep referencing to the cursed Blade Children, yet we never get to know why they are cursed or even how this curse manifests itself. As far as i could tell there was no curse to begin with, aside from being mentioned simply to add more 'serious' and 'futile' feel to the situation.

We learn they are being hunted, yet we have no idea why these hunters even exist or why they should be hunted in the first place. Unless we assume all of the hunters to be a bunch of medieval idiots who think that "Zumg, missing rib! Evil, evil i say!!" ... though from the looks of it such a guess wouldn't be too far off.

Which brings us to the next point ... the missing rib. Why are they missing a rib? Ok, that would not be so important, but at least explain to us what the missing rib stands for. Whats the symbolism behind it ? Why is it 'evil' to have a missing rib in the first place ? Another 'deep and meaningful' element that seems to be added simply to make the atmosphere of this mystery without substance more 'meaningful'.

Ayumu ... why is he the hope of Blade children ? What is special about him ? What is it they are supposed to be saved from in the first place? (No, "Their cursed Fate" are just empty words that mean nothing without any explanations and/or evidence to back them up). How are they supposed to be saved, and why is it him who can save them? Again - nothing gets explained.

Kyotaka ... why did he disappear? Why is he special to the Blade Children? What is his relationship with these children, seeing they have great trust in his words. Where is he now? Is he alive/dead ? Again - details of the show that got thrown out the window.

Ok, if the plot(?) is a complete mess, at least i can look towards some nice action and adventures taking place inside the story, even if setting makes no sense and is not explained. ... Or not.

More often then not the characters act in a way that makes next to no sense at all. For being such a supposedly smart bunch at times it didn't seem they were thinking at all. The hunters seemed to be the dumbest of the lot. Looks like only the first one who tried to snipe Eyes-kun had some trace of common sense.

If you are so hell bent of eradicating them, then why not simply shoot them from the get go? Oh, wait - they tried ... not really. There were times when some of the hunters actually got them at the gunpoint, but instead of actually shotting they get 'overpowered', because in some weird way someone always had the time to rush forward (For hunters, their reaction time seems to have a few second delay) and knock the gun sideways or throw something at their head But that is ok, since most of the times they were busy setting up some not-so-bright traps for some weird reason. (The whole ordeal with the hunter trapping Kousuke in the train depot was especially roll-eyes worthy). But hey - why do things the simple way if you can do them the hard way.

One thing this series did succeed at was quickly deplete my suspension of disbelief, because most episodes required rather large portions of it. The 'logical deductions' looked more like wild and random guesses that were tried to be passed of as actually logical deductions.

Aside from Rio being cute, there is not much positive i can say about the series. Past the middle point i started to get worried we are not going to get any explanations at all, and sadly i was proved to be correct. As soon as the background was established the whole plot got thrown out the window in favor of episodic adventures involving someone trying to blow up Ayumu one way or another, without solving anything in the end.

5.5/10. Style over substance.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2008-08-20 at 05:12.
Old 2007-08-30, 11:08   Link #76
rooboy
Umeboshi!

The song at the beginning is great though.
Old 2007-09-01, 18:21   Link #77
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I am reading the manga right now.

Exploding Lolita
Old 2008-08-19, 15:38   Link #78
Shabazza
transcendental

hi,
I recently started watching Spiral, but I don't know If I shall drop it or not 8/

First I thought that would be some good stuff although the animation was below mediocre (well, the show is kinda old so I don't care), but the characters are already starting to annoy me (I'm at episode 4).
Is there any good plot/character development later on or can I just drop the show without missing anything?

I read Skyfall's post and that makes me want to drop it even more 8/
Any non-fanboy/-girl comments appreciated.
Old 2008-08-19, 16:16   Link #79
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Skyfall's points are fairly accurate. The anime just doesn't really explain anything and after all of the "events".....just kind of ends.

The subplots are interesting, if a little easy to figure out, but the show is all over the place. One minute it's a mystery, then it's a comedy, then it's...you get the idea.

The best part of the whole show (for me at least) was the characters (the opening is pretty neat too). I really wanted to find out more about them, but the show just doesn't deliver on any of the points it presents. If you're expecting character development, there isn't much, sadly. In fact *nothing* is resolved in the end...you're still left with every question presented at the beginning unanswered. You're actually left with *more* questions than when it started.

A serious waste of potential. The manga delivers on the points but it's a huge letdown when everything is revealed. It's like the writer couldn't figure out how to tie up all the mysteries into a unique package.

Watch it because you have nothing better to do. There are certainly worse anime out there, but this one is average at best.
Old 2009-04-30, 05:38   Link #80
KimmyChan

Spiral is a really great series that keeps you guessing until the end

It has a lot of really good characters and there are so many twists in it's great storyline
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, shounen