AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-25, 02:54   Link #741
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupacabra View Post
You know that gg will have it on the same day or the most on friday ?
Errr... no. They use the CBC feed on Friday, and are normally ready on late Saturday. That has been the norm for the whole time. What you are talking about were the speedsubbers of Chihiro, which either donīt do the show anymore or ceased to exist.
Old 2008-09-25, 20:55   Link #742
CodeName MinusOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAixStYLe View Post
If memory serves me correct (I'm a big Macross Fanboy), Hikaru watched Lynn Minmay kiss with Lynn Kaifun on his valkyrie's display, used to deliver culture shock in the middle of her singing routine during the epic battle (eps. 26, I think?), right before she sings "Shao Pai Lon." I could be wrong on the song.

Anyhow, the barrage of missiles hit Hikaru's VF-1S Super Valkyrie as he blocks them with his armored arms of the battroid, thus destroying his arms. He regains consciousness as he is entering the earth's atmosphere and after the firing of the Grand Cannon and destruction of U.N. Spacy's Alaska Base. Misa was a/the (only?) survivor and sends out a Mayday which Hikaru intercepts. He then proceeds to rescue her.

The parallels you are trying to draw are a bit off since--if we are to compare characters between Frontier and SDF:

-Alto is Hikaru
-Sheryl is Misa (since we're not using DYRL in the comparison)
-Brera is Kaifun
-Ranka is Minmay

We didn't seen Brera kiss Ranka (That would be bad. It was bad enough with Minmay and Kaifun being cousins...worse with siblings...but hey, whatever floats your boat.) before she started singing. Instead it was Alto and Sheryl kissing and then Alto appearing to be blown up.

If we were to use a different system for comparison that would equate to the events of SDF, then Alto and Sheryl would have to be Kaifun and Minmay. Now that really doesn't make sense.

However, I do see the parallels with previous Macross series and MacF and acknowledge that MacF likes to reuse past themes. It's just that you can't really compare it all on a 1:1 basis and have to allow for deviation. After all this is MacF and not SDF Macross. We clearly see this in the Pineapple Cake episode.

Sorry for the long post, but I've been a spectator for so long, I felt I had to participate before this comes to an end. I'm also a closet SxA shipper.

My 2 cents.
Oh I definitely agree. It's not an exact match. Relationships change. There are roles handed off to different characters.

Like Cathy resembles Misa. her personality is a fairly close match (compared to Ranka and Sheryl). And she dresses the same and has the same role on the bridge. But she's dating the equivalent of Roy Folker.

One of the bridge bunnies has the eyes of Professor Emil Lang's eyes.

They killed the guy who resembled Max Jinaas/Sterling. But kept the pilot in green Ben Dixon/Luca. And so on.

Ranka is definitely Minmei. But in episode 24 she's off-ship like Misa was. And she needs to be saved just like Misa.

It's a hodgepodge of the original Macross.
Old 2008-09-26, 10:05   Link #743
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Errr... no. They use the CBC feed on Friday, and are normally ready on late Saturday. That has been the norm for the whole time. What you are talking about were the speedsubbers of Chihiro, which either donīt do the show anymore or ceased to exist.
CBC broadcasts on thursdays like mbs
Old 2008-09-26, 11:04   Link #744
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
CBC broadcasts on thursdays like mbs
They do? Eh, the guys of gg always say that their ripper can only watch on Friday...
Old 2008-09-26, 11:54   Link #745
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
They do? Eh, the guys of gg always say that their ripper can only watch on Friday...
yYup, CBC broadcast airs like an hour after mbs.
Old 2009-09-28, 20:27   Link #746
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, on the plot side that was one powerful episode. As Megane-san said, the usage of Ai oboete imasu ka was indeed the ultimate irony. I cannot complain about everything in that respect. That whole image segment was truly powerful, specially for those like me who have seen the original Macross.

On the SMS side, well, apart from being the cavalry it seems they are now the expository scapegoat for all the things that hadn't been made clean on the story so far. Aw well, fortunately it wasn't information one wasn't able to pick up from hints scattered over the series, so it wasn't all that bad-

On the romance front, it's obvious that the producers are just trying to please evevryone and are making a mess out of the character relationships because of it. I give up, I no longer care about this.

Another thing I'm not liking is how they are playing the evil scientist side ouf of Sheryl It's obvious she is a radical liberal, and they are making the retrograde conservatives out of the good guys. Oh, the political implications.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-09-28 at 20:58.
Old 2009-10-22, 13:50   Link #747
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

I haven't seen the original Macross series (only Frontier), but I absolutely love the song Ai Oboete Imasuka. It sounds so sad and creepy... Ranka how could you?!?!?
Old 2009-10-22, 16:23   Link #748
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitagiIsHot View Post
I haven't seen the original Macross series (only Frontier), but I absolutely love the song Ai Oboete Imasuka. It sounds so sad and creepy... Ranka how could you?!?!?
Its really a peaceful and soothing song!! REALLY, it was supposed to be!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-10-22, 20:49   Link #749
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
Off-topic but....is that a Popsicle between those 2 girls in your new sig there Tak? I just noticed it

As for "Ai Oboete Imasuka," I still believe that Mari Iijima's version is a little better but Ranka's version has a different feel to it that appeals to me. For some reason, I like them both equally now

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-22, 22:06   Link #750
justavisitor

Ai Oboete Imasuka in the deculture version of episode 1 is better than the one in episode 24 in my opinion...

But of course, no one can beat the original version from Mari Irjima
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-10-23, 02:00   Link #751
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Thumbs up Macross OST = win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
Haha ok cool. Well I just finished the series, and man what a roller coaster ride it was! About the song... I like Ranka's voice on it in this episode and the whole creepy thingy going on, it sounds awesome! However, there were a lot of references from the older series in the last few episodes (or so it seemed), so I will definitely have to check out the original Ai Oboete Imasuka by Mari!
Old 2009-10-23, 03:53   Link #752
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitagiIsHot View Post
Haha ok cool. Well I just finished the series, and man what a roller coaster ride it was! About the song... I like Ranka's voice on it in this episode and the whole creepy thingy going on, it sounds awesome! However, there were a lot of references from the older series in the last few episodes (or so it seemed), so I will definitely have to check out the original Ai Oboete Imasuka by Mari!
Don't let the old sounding instrumental of the original "Ai Oboete Imasuka" turn you away, it's really good. There is no other way to explain it, you just have to listen to it and see how you feel about it

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-26, 04:24   Link #753
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Watch the preformance of Ai Obete Imasuka in the DYRL movie for full effect.
Old 2010-08-30, 10:47   Link #754
Arsham

lol when alto was going to see ranka i was telling my self: omg not again his gono broke her heart AGAIN! and same thing did happen lol
Old 2010-08-30, 11:43   Link #755
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsham View Post
lol when alto was going to see ranka i was telling my self: omg not again his gono broke her heart AGAIN! and same thing did happen lol
Uh, how did Alto break Rankas heart in episode 24? She didn't have any contact with him during the episode.
Old 2010-08-30, 13:00   Link #756
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that, myself...

Old 2010-08-30, 13:21   Link #757
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

The poster is probably talking about Sheryl.

I hope.
Closed Thread