AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2011-12-06, 05:29   Link #61
tsunade666

^ what do you mean by Studio 8 as Sunrise LN studio?
Old 2011-12-06, 05:47   Link #62
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Because they're the studio that produces Horizon as well.
Old 2011-12-06, 15:18   Link #63
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post

Man, I was randomly checking up on the site, and I suddenly became very apprehensive.

The director is Masakazu Obara, which is VERY good. Given his affiliation with Mai-Hime, I'm guessing Studio 8 from Sunrise will do this, and with the current amazing record of Horizon, I'm sure the animation will be top notch.

BUT

Series composition is Hiroyuki Yoshino, not sure how I feel about this. He's like on the opposite end of the spectrum for me. Either I love him or I hate him to the core.
Why do people keep hiring this person? He's almost incomprehensibly terrible at his job.

Also this weird faction of Sunrise that seems to be into producing shows that the rest of the company probably wouldn't even touch and seems to enjoy using the worst staff and concepts possible is just about the most puzzling thing about this company ever since Mai-Hime came around. Granted I thought they'd shit the bed completely with Horizon given how it looked and that's turned out okay so far, but there's just no way anything survives a Hiroyuki Yoshino treatment as far as I'm concerned. The man simply cannot write a decent cast to save his life and every inclination he has had on how to tell a story that I've seen throughout his career has been dead wrong....though maybe he can be bested by existing source material.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 17:21   Link #64
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I really don't like him... but as long as he follows the source instead of trying to improve things because he think he's better... oh we're fucked aren't we?

Also Studio 8 is now Sunrise LN studio lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Why do people keep hiring this person? He's almost incomprehensibly terrible at his job.

Also this weird faction of Sunrise that seems to be into producing shows that the rest of the company probably wouldn't even touch and seems to enjoy using the worst staff and concepts possible is just about the most puzzling thing about this company ever since Mai-Hime came around. Granted I thought they'd shit the bed completely with Horizon given how it looked and that's turned out okay so far, but there's just no way anything survives a Hiroyuki Yoshino treatment as far as I'm concerned. The man simply cannot write a decent cast to save his life and every inclination he has had on how to tell a story that I've seen throughout his career has been dead wrong....though maybe he can be bested by existing source material.
The only reason I didn't completely trash all over him is because he did the Denpataki OVA, and I heard that's good. I still haven't watch it and the BD's coming out Jan or something so I've been holding back. That still somehow gives me hope that he would be able to do an ok adaptation because Kawahara is very thorough in his descriptions in the novel.

I would like to disagree that Studio 8 uses the worst staff (I still support Ono no matter what as a director ever since Saki, and you really can't diss Urahata), but you probably don't mean that fully so and we already had the discussion back page 1-3 of Horizon general. Also, their taste in LN selection is pretty good actually (sci-fi fantasy with lots and lots of details).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Aren't they handful with Horizon already?
And Mai-Hime is great and all, until the last final episode.
If Horizon get a season 2, it has to be at least 24 episodes, else ... there will be massive repercussions. I don't think we will see it until next year Fall again the very earliest. This leaves Spring or Summer for Accel World ... at least that's my current prediction.

---

Side-tracking, I really like how the team's handling the promotion though. SAO still has like nothing up on the website. AW has that avatar drawing thingy for the upcoming game, a twitter, and a promo vid, which makes it more fun AND easier to keep track of. The same aspects of which I really enjoyed with Horizon's promotion. This might just be that AW will aired first, then SAO later on, so that's just current impression.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 19:07   Link #65
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Not if you look at sales. Code Geass, Macross F, and Mai Hime/Otome are all major hits. Guilty Crown seems like the first series he's going stumble in sales with, and I have a suspicion that Amazon is understating its sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
If Horizon get a season 2, it has to be at least 24 episodes, else ... there will be massive repercussions. I don't think we will see it until next year Fall again the very earliest. This leaves Spring or Summer for Accel World ... at least that's my current prediction.
Well, we already know that Horizon is split cour, but given that there hasn't been any press statement about when season two will air yet and if it were going to be aired in Spring they probably would have announced it at the get go, I have a feeling that Horizon S2 will air in the summer. That would make sense because having a two-season gap would mean that S2 will be 2-cour, if we take what they did with Gundam 00 as any indication. And AW is already confirmed for Spring (I'm guessing SAO will air in Summer). That being the case though, if studio 8 really are the ones producing this then we really might not see Horizon S2 until Fall unless they're really good at splitting work.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:14   Link #66
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Not if you look at sales. Code Geass, Macross F, and Mai Hime/Otome are all major hits. Guilty Crown seems like the first series he's going stumble in sales with, and I have a suspicion that Amazon is understating its sales.
Yeah I don't think those series sales success had anything to do with him personally. He seems more the beneficiary of those series success career wise rather than the cause.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 19:17   Link #67
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Its hard to believe in Hiroyuki's competency after R2, Macross F TV, and the recently GC lol
Quote:
What your reason?

Stalker's point is average, mainstream not gonna pick 11-volume release, etc.

I think its already obvious GC will become the biggest disappointment of this year in term of expectation. I think 6-7k not in noitaminA's mind when they signing in for this one.
Old 2011-12-06, 19:17   Link #68
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Yeah I don't think those series sales success had anything to do with him personally. He seems more the beneficiary of those series success career wise rather than the cause.
Yeah, but he still worked on them as main series composer (with the exception of CG) so they still look good on his resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
What your reason?
Just the amount of buzz it actually generates and the fact I find it odd that it ranked so high after ep 2-3 only to just dissipate later on. Although I guess the same could be said for Haganai.
Old 2011-12-06, 20:24   Link #69
Kunagisa

Quote:
And AW is already confirmed for Spring (I'm guessing SAO will air in Summer).
http://ccaex.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html

Oh wow, I totally missed this, and more info on the 10th wowwww!!!
Old 2011-12-07, 09:13   Link #70
tsunade666

^ any translation or summary because it's just pure moon runes.
Old 2011-12-07, 15:54   Link #71
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ any translation or summary because it's just pure moon runes.
I believe it's part of a lecture, there's a lot of useless info. Only points you need to know have been mentioned.

It's airing next April, 2nd key visuals and more info on the 10th. Hopefully someone will keep tabs on this (HINT HINT), I won't be around for a bit. Would suck to have to dig up a bunch of old news on aggregate sites ...
Old 2011-12-07, 19:24   Link #72
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Two dollars says that he'll do fine on this one. The plot is simple enough. If he fails bash him all you want...

Because, meh, as far as now, I like most of his works so far. The only ones I missed so far are:

Denpa teki na Kanojo (Series composition; 2009)

Gear Fighter Dendoh (Screenplay; 2000)

and

VITA Sexualis (Art: Kenetsu Satō; 2007)
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 05:56   Link #73
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Have a feeling AW and SAO anime will aired in back-to-back split cour format.
Old 2011-12-08, 10:50   Link #74
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Two dollars says that he'll do fine on this one. The plot is simple enough. If he fails bash him all you want...

Because, meh, as far as now, I like most of his works so far. The only ones I missed so far are:

Denpa teki na Kanojo (Series composition; 2009)

Gear Fighter Dendoh (Screenplay; 2000)

and

VITA Sexualis (Art: Kenetsu Satō; 2007)
If it helps making you watch/read it Vita Sexualis and Denpa Teki are both good series.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 11:02   Link #75
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
If it helps making you watch/read it Vita Sexualis and Denpa Teki are both good series.
I thought Vita Sexualis is just a silly ecchi series base on first few chapters I read long ago.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:41   Link #76
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I thought Vita Sexualis is just a silly ecchi series base on first few chapters I read long ago.
Wasn't it said that Vita was basically like Freezing but with more fanservice?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 12:23   Link #77
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It absolutely is. Anything wrong with that?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 21:40   Link #78
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Vita Sexualis' artist seems the same guy for Seikon No Qwaser.

Well I'm totally excited on how this will turn out. XD

Screw Anime critics! Critics are Critics, not Fans. As long as I'm enjoying it, that's good enough for me.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 21:44   Link #79
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
It absolutely is. Anything wrong with that?
Well....nothing wrong, really. I can't say that I read it only for the story or anything, but the only thing I remember is the wheelchair loli, so I was just wondering what did you mean by "good".

It's not bad, though.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:29   Link #80
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

Cast announced- http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-5792.html
Haruyuki : Yuuki Kaiji
Snow Black Princess : Sachika Misawa
Chiyuri : Aki Toyosaki

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen