Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-18, 22:01   Link #5481
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
How could you get confused or forget which fight i'm talking about? It's just a few post above yours. The same one you responded to ....
Freedom & Impulse vs Destroy? If I remember the Impulse had destroyed part of the Destroy's armor, which made Freedom's attack directly affect Stella.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 22:12   Link #5482
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Freedom & Impulse vs Destroy? If I remember the Impulse had destroyed part of the Destroy's armor, which made Freedom's attack directly affect Stella.
Freedom vs Impulse; Ep 34
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 22:53   Link #5483
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Per Fukuda's Twitter account:

http://pepperkeibu.tumblr.com/post/3...gsd-remastered

Quote:
Fukuda tweeted a few stuffs about GSD Remastered (excuse my poor translation)
First tweet basically says the announcement of DESTINY Remastered has been made.
Second tweet says Destiny’s going to have 3 Versions of ending
Third tweet has something to do with the first episode which I think something has been cut or something.. orz
All my feels rn. I really think they have to rewrite a shitload of scenes… 8|
Hisazuki from tumblr was kind enough to properly translate the tweets (THANK YOU SO MUCH for clarifying everything)
I think the 2nd tweet is “Destiny had 3 endings, but this time we plan to have a definite conclusion in the remaster”.
3rd tweet is “In the 1st episode of Destiny, there was a scene where the wrong design was used. We will redo it. Shigeta-san’s edits that weren’t included too. I want to bring a conclusion to everything that I had originally initiated in Destiny.”
Another user asked if he was talking about the scene where the Sword Impulse brandishes Excalibur. That “Shigeta cut” was added in the SP. Fukuda responded it’s not the only thing that they’ll change ^^
Take this for what you will.
Old 2012-11-19, 00:52   Link #5484
monster

That's ... interesting.

You know what? I'll say it: I'm sincerely looking forward to this, whatever form it may take. Hopefully it'll also be aired for free on YouTube in my area.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 01:14   Link #5485
Destined_Fate

Three Endings? So.... Original, Special, and now HD Remaster ending?

Let's see if they can actually give us a proper final battle and let Shinn become his own man in the end instead of just getting one shot by Athrun and forced to sit around watching as everything goes to hell.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 01:31   Link #5486
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Three Endings? So.... Original, Special, and now HD Remaster ending?
No, Destiny itself had 3 endings: the original, Final Plus, and the SE.

The remaster is simply going to combine all 3, change some things, and make 1 definite ending. At least, that's my impression from the above post.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 01:43   Link #5487
I Fail at Life

Seems this man has been practicing a couple days straight, and now he think he got what it takes to be a Troll? Why does he have to bring this whole act with him? I would love to be proved wrong, but come on.... this if Fukuda were talkin about.

You can talk all you want, but let's see you take action and actually come through.
Old 2012-11-19, 03:58   Link #5488
tetsuo69

can't wait for the remastered to start airing
Old 2012-11-19, 12:06   Link #5489
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Freedom vs Impulse; Ep 34
I have seen lots of people discussing that throwing lots of arguments like "Shinn was not experienced enough for that" or "Freedom was a superior mobile suit" but then there's the fact that Shinn spent two years training in ZAFT and that the Impulse's multiple packs allowed him to keep fighting after taking major damage in contrast to the Freedom and Justice who keep the same armor during all the fight.

Still in the Edge manga they also covered it more as Athrun says that Kira was fighting poorly in comparison to previous fights. Later in Kira's own sidestory he remembers seeing the Saviour in Impulse's place and not being able to concentrate as he remembered Athrun's claims of him being hypocrite.

About Fukuda I remember I once read an interview about his original plans for SEED's ending which was similar to how it ended but more "a la Tomino" (well, more like the past Tomino considering even himself found his shows too violent during Zeta's remake and Evolve) with even more people dying in the middle of a panic. I guess he actually wanted ot add more violent staff since the SEED Special Edition and HD episodes added more revealing shots of Tolle's death and that ship Yzak destroyed.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 12:54   Link #5490
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I have seen lots of people discussing that throwing lots of arguments like "Shinn was not experienced enough for that" or "Freedom was a superior mobile suit" but then there's the fact that Shinn spent two years training in ZAFT and that the Impulse's multiple packs allowed him to keep fighting after taking major damage in contrast to the Freedom and Justice who keep the same armor during all the fight.

Still in the Edge manga they also covered it more as Athrun says that Kira was fighting poorly in comparison to previous fights. Later in Kira's own sidestory he remembers seeing the Saviour in Impulse's place and not being able to concentrate as he remembered Athrun's claims of him being hypocrite.

About Fukuda I remember I once read an interview about his original plans for SEED's ending which was similar to how it ended but more "a la Tomino" (well, more like the past Tomino considering even himself found his shows too violent during Zeta's remake and Evolve) with even more people dying in the middle of a panic. I guess he actually wanted ot add more violent staff since the SEED Special Edition and HD episodes added more revealing shots of Tolle's death and that ship Yzak destroyed.
@amaterasu4

Cause I want to get this out the way. I know all about SEED/Destiny/Side Story's and SEED's Original ending etc. *In a soft voice*.. You shouldn't fell the need to tell me all this, because I already know everything your saying (just now letting you know). It was nice of you to try and be informative, but like I said I already know about everything of what your telling me. So were good?.... Ok!

Back to Freedom vs Impulse. My whole point was... That how the fight was won, key word "how" , was not feasible to begin with.
Old 2012-11-19, 13:31   Link #5491
Destined_Fate

I don't care for that. All I care for is that Shinn trashed Kira and completely destroyed the Freedom and Kira never once defeated Shinn in battle. Only Athrun gets that.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 13:39   Link #5492
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I don't care for that. All I care for is that Shinn trashed Kira and completely destroyed the Freedom and Kira never once defeated Shinn in battle. Only Athrun gets that.
A physical metal object (this is the law and physics set in the ce universe) cannot pierce through a shield like butter, and then proceed to pierce through the Phase Shift Armor itself, let-alone having the ability to pierce through both like it was nothing.

Ep 34 is like a video game:

Shinn is the Character, Fukuda or whatever is the player, and Kira is the boss. See, Shinn couldn't beat kira or land a hit in prior to episode 34. And he was getting so f****** frustrated. He just couldn't beat this boss. So he goes back and plays it on easy mode. So he eventually once again confronts the boss episode 34...... but, "but" this time he got cheat codes. Let's see; back, back, square, triangle, back, square input cheat code------> "Magically grow a beam at the tip of a Metal Object that otherwise can't pierce Phase Shift". Shin after defeating Freedom.... "Fukuda I did it, thank you for cheating for me."
Old 2012-11-19, 13:49   Link #5493
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd like to point out that there are physical weapons in the SEED universe that are designed to be able to damage Phase Shift armor systems, such as the Dominion's "Sledgehammer" missiles and the Raider Gundam's "MJOLNIR" hammer. It's entirely possible that the Impulse's "Excalibur" anti-ship swords have the same properties on the tips. However, other artwork and media have depicted the Excalibur generating a beam blade over the tip of the sword, which while looking implausible would explain how it pierced through the Freedom's shield and armor. And the technology to manipulate particle beam blades' shapes does exist by that time.
Old 2012-11-19, 14:49   Link #5494
Kirayuki

Quote:
A physical metal object (this is the law and physics set in the ce universe) cannot pierce through a shield like butter, and then proceed to pierce through the Phase Shift Armor itself, let-alone having the ability to pierce through both like it was nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'd like to point out that there are physical weapons in the SEED universe that are designed to be able to damage Phase Shift armor systems, such as the Dominion's "Sledgehammer" missiles and the Raider Gundam's "MJOLNIR" hammer. It's entirely possible that the Impulse's "Excalibur" anti-ship swords have the same properties on the tips. However, other artwork and media have depicted the Excalibur generating a beam blade over the tip of the sword, which while looking implausible would explain how it pierced through the Freedom's shield and armor. And the technology to manipulate particle beam blades' shapes does exist by that time.
Not sure about the artwork, but MG Force Impulse does support this evidence

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Original page from Dalong :
http://dalong.net/review/mg/m109/m109_p.htm
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 14:56   Link #5495
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Even the model kit shows that Excalibur is able to produce beam from the tip.
(whoops, ninja'd by Kirayuki or my connection is just very slow -_-)

Old 2012-11-19, 14:59   Link #5496
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Everything " Damages " Phase shift, we havent seen the sledgehammer nor the MJOLNIR hammer actually break it, minus the scene with Freedom's head, which was already blown in half, we've never seen people manipulate beam sabers in the actual anime, One can argue that it uses the same system as the Forbidden's shields, but that would be going too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Not sure about the artwork, but MG Force Impulse does support this evidence

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Original page from Dalong :
http://dalong.net/review/mg/m109/m109_p.htm
That MG came out way after Destiny ended, it's just a silly retcon to be honest, that entire scene was badly done and didn't make sense according to the in-universe rules, not only did it pierce his shield (Which does make sense, to be honest) but it pierced the nuclear-powered Phase-Shift armor of the Freedom which needed a freaking hit from a full powered GENESIS blase to go down!
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 15:01   Link #5497
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh, the properties I was talking about for that bolded part was the physical tip being made to pierce Phase Shift armor, not the blade beam, since that was a separate theory that's looking like it's the case here. It's hard to tell in the screenshots I've seen of the show (I'm not digging out the DVD just to check the one scene) so hopefully the Remaster will make it more apparent.
Old 2012-11-19, 15:03   Link #5498
I Fail at Life

Well its all up to the remaster to put this all at rest.
Old 2012-11-19, 15:09   Link #5499
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
That MG came out way after Destiny ended, it's just a silly retcon to be honest, that entire scene was badly done and didn't make sense according to the in-universe rules, not only did it pierce his shield (Which does make sense, to be honest) but it pierced the nuclear-powered Phase-Shift armor of the Freedom which needed a freaking hit from a full powered GENESIS blase to go down!
How do you know if it was a retcon ?

More like, they added that feature to go along with the anime. In their defense, they never explained it in detail during the series nor do they ever explicitly or implicitly stated that Impulse's Excalibur couldn't produce beam on its tip. I don't think it's contradictory in this case.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 15:15   Link #5500
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
How do you know if it was a retcon ?

More like, they added that feature to go along with the anime. In their defense, they never explained it in detail during the series nor do they ever explicitly or implicitly stated that Impulse's Excalibur couldn't produce beam on its tip. I don't think it's contradictory in this case.
Well, up until that episode, do we ever see any Anti-ship sword do the same thing, or past that? no, not really, adding that to the model wasnt really a retcon, but the entire scene was a retcon since, the ASS suddenly was able to produce a beam at the tip without any explanation at all

Imagine the Freedom suddenly bending one of it's beams to hit x enemy, without it ever happening again

Quote:
Oh, the properties I was talking about for that bolded part was the physical tip being made to pierce Phase Shift armor, not the blade beam, since that was a separate theory that's looking like it's the case here. It's hard to tell in the screenshots I've seen of the show (I'm not digging out the DVD just to check the one scene) so hopefully the Remaster will make it more apparent.
I guess, but it still wouldnt make sense seeing how a physical weapon has never broken Phase Shift before, Kira even stabbed the Duel in episode 10/11? with his armor schneider in the open hole he did after he slashed it with the strikes beam saber
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep