AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 12:30   Link #301
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@october: When I play a jp. VN I understand maybe even less than half of it (I cannot give an accurate % or amount, though), but mostly enough to get the basic idea or important part of each girl's story. For some, they would think why do I even bother to read/play it, but for me this degree is sufficent enough to feed my "addiction" to Visual Novels . The combination of text + voices helps quite a lot, which as a drawback fails for the usual-unvoiced MC.

@Mentar: Using the first up to the first three episodes is about the same as playing a game for the first few hours to see if it's "good" or "bad". It's the first impression that counts. You may not approve of it, but that does not matter
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:12   Link #302
TDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1. Yamato confess to Momo and got turn down twice.
I never saw a anime where something like this happened TWICE.. till now.

I played the VN and I'm pretty sure they will continue this with a made up story where Yamato trys to get the girl/trying to prove himself to Momoyo of course they will add some scenes/events from the VN into it too but If you look at the first ep the focus is clearly on those 2.

and you have to take those 2 anime only chars into account.. a made up story is a given.

but let's see how they will continue this maybe I'm right maybe wrong

can't wait for ep 2^^
TDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 14:28   Link #303
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDream View Post
I never saw a anime where something like this happened TWICE.. till now.

I played the VN and I'm pretty sure they will continue this with a made up story where Yamato trys to get the girl/trying to prove himself to Momoyo of course they will add some scenes/events from the VN into it too but If you look at the first ep the focus is clearly on those 2.

and you have to take those 2 anime only chars into account.. a made up story is a given.

but let's see how they will continue this maybe I'm right maybe wrong

can't wait for ep 2^^
Yes...i hope for this too....

Now, Yamato was rejected two times...,and i hope he is going to improve himself for Momoyo...naturally,at this time the focus will be on the other girls..and returned at the end of Momoyo.....

However...the animation is amazing...and the girls also...

Especially Momoyo...she look like Saeko....Hight school of the dead
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 14:57   Link #304
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I know nothing of the VN, and I liked the first ep a lot. It went all-in on the craziness and that totally worked for me, even though I had no idea what was happening and why.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 19:47   Link #305
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

As someone who knows nothing about the VN, I don't see a problem with not knowing what's going on. There are many shows that start like this.

Actually, as far as I can tell, it's not like they haven't explained what's happening. They state that two classes in a school, Class S and Class F or whatever, are generally rivals and clash so much that they've basically started a school-sanctioned war, and this is one of those battles in the war. The rest is just introducing characters [which I think they did rather well]. In fact, I think the only weird thing was how, with Momoyo's first introduction, she defects, but I guess it's to portray her impulsiveness or something.

Basically, they just tell you the plot and throw you in the middle of the action. I think that's fine for a first episode, and it really feels as if this will be a character-centric anime instead of a plot-centric one, with the cast getting into whatever shenanigans that get thrown at them. It has quickly introduced all of the characters [reminiscent of iDOLM@STER] and has given you a taste of their personalities. For me, that's all I ask for a character-centric series.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 19:50   Link #306
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
Three routes of Majikou are translated (Chris, Yukie and Umeko). Momoyo Route is already translated and will be out soon. This is enough to understand the story. The prologue is quite long and contains all the basics about the characters.
That prologue was one of the longest I've played in VN history... Took me 3-4 hours just to finally get to the opening...
Old 2011-10-04, 20:20   Link #307
Qikz

Didn't even know there was a VN of this, didn't know what it was about and watched the first episode. That owned. I love Samurai style battles <3333
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 01:19   Link #308
blewin

I quite like the first episode since it's not just about girls battling each other. Can't wait to see more awesome strategies.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 03:46   Link #309
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
That prologue was one of the longest I've played in VN history... Took me 3-4 hours just to finally get to the opening...
Ah crap, that means I still have a long way to go. *sigh*

And here I was, thinking I could get to the OP in an hour or so... T_T;

The first ep is REALLY different from the prologue though, as far as I have played it.

So crazy compared to the prologue.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 06:24   Link #310
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
The Momoyo patch has finally been released. Those who want to enjoy Nee-san's goodness should go get it.
If episodes continue like this without going back and introducing the characters, then playing a VN is a must, if anything then at least for larger anime appreciation.
Old 2011-10-05, 08:41   Link #311
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

The first episode strangely reminds me of Infinite Stratos. Lets hope it will turn out better than that.

And I hardly have any idea what is going on as from the start to the end its just battles and fighting.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 08:53   Link #312
Nosauz

For all that are playing this, prepare buckets after you break the prologue, because your going to need them, lots of "crying" if you catch my drift.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 09:16   Link #313
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Any anime that pretty much guarantees an osananajimi ending from the beginning immediately gets a 10/10 out of me. XD

Yes I'm biased and dam well proud of it.
This may possibly be the first time we're in the same camp. First episode, and I'm already quite gay for Momoyo.

Unless you're talking about the other blue-haired chick, then I'll continue to secretly spit on your osanajimi pairing choices simply because I have that much raging hate for that disgusting trope.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 19:42   Link #314
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
This anime is actually pretty interesting. I love the baka test kinda thing where class F vs class S, instead of using avatars they use replica weapons. I wonder if Yamato and his sister are blood related. Can't wait until next episode, wonder who those 2 females are.
Old 2011-10-05, 20:20   Link #315
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
This anime is actually pretty interesting. I love the baka test kinda thing where class F vs class S, instead of using avatars they use replica weapons. I wonder if Yamato and his sister are blood related. Can't wait until next episode, wonder who those 2 females are.
sisters are all unrelated, basically yamato is the "adpoted" as in momoyo's self proclaimed sibling.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 20:24   Link #316
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
For all that are playing this, prepare buckets after you break the prologue, because your going to need them, lots of "crying" if you catch my drift.
I don't understand *clueless*.

Also the development on how Momoyo and Yamato met is quite amusing if they ever animate it
Old 2011-10-05, 21:20   Link #317
Echoes

Finally watched this.

The first half of the episode was pretty horrible, but it got a lot better in the second half. Momoyo was bad-freakin'-ass. And Aghea from Kimiaru, pretty awesome.

There's some amazing voice actresses at work here (Yuko Goto and Shizuka Itou are my favorites) that'll likely make me stay with this series even if it turns out to be pretty bad in most other ways. I'm reserving judgment until I've seen a few more episodes, this could really go either way for me.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:44   Link #318
Zodiamaster

This is Ikki Tousen with less panty shots and blood.
Old 2011-10-05, 23:00   Link #319
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Far from it actually...

At least as far as the vn goes.

Don't know about the anime.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 00:39   Link #320
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I have not read the VN nor the manga, yet the first episode was fun to watch.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, eroge, seinen