AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK: Goddesses - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 30 62.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 10.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-25, 05:50   Link #41
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
For an aspiring teenager there's really nothing worse than knowing "nop, you are not special" and have life show you that.

Being Chihiro is suffering...
Chihiro is by far the most special of all the girls, and that's why I love her, even if she doesn't realize what she has. She's always been different from the others: her conquest happened because she chose to love him, not because he chose to conquer her; she never acted according to his expectations; they've both recognized factors they have in common. And of course, being forced to hurt her has brought him to tears more genuine than I imagine any of his games could. I for one want her to win, and once everything's truly and completely over and the godesses go back where they came from, those godess girls will lose a lot of what made them particularly unique to Keima, but what Chihiro has is from herself, no one else, and I would be far from surprised to find that she truly wins when it's all over. I sincerely hope it will be so, and will continue to follow the manga through its current arc in hopes that she'll be brought back to the foreground as the true heroine she is.
Old 2013-09-25, 08:14   Link #42
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Is no one here gonna question how Kanon knew how to sing a song Chihiro wrote like a day before?
Pretty sure that it's related to Apollo.

Need to watch last three episodes ASAP. Couldn't handle watching TWGOK 3 because of those feels. My heart...
Old 2013-09-25, 08:53   Link #43
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
And no one question why Chihiro could see the wings?

Ah, we need Chihiro Character discussion threads already....
Well I did..., not exactly a question, but point it out, I do hope it will make Chihiro more important character in the future...
Old 2013-09-25, 08:54   Link #44
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Chihiro is by far the most special of all the girls, and that's why I love her, even if she doesn't realize what she has. She's always been different from the others: her conquest happened because she chose to love him, not because he chose to conquer her; she never acted according to his expectations; they've both recognized factors they have in common. And of course, being forced to hurt her has brought him to tears more genuine than I imagine any of his games could. I for one want her to win, and once everything's truly and completely over and the godesses go back where they came from, those godess girls will lose a lot of what made them particularly unique to Keima, but what Chihiro has is from herself, no one else, and I would be far from surprised to find that she truly wins when it's all over. I sincerely hope it will be so, and will continue to follow the manga through its current arc in hopes that she'll be brought back to the foreground as the true heroine she is.
For the record I'm rooting for her too, from the audiences' view she is extraordinary precisely because she is ordinary. She is as "real" to Keima as it gets. But from her prospective she doesn't know that.
Old 2013-09-25, 13:11   Link #45
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
I always figured Yui or Elsie had invited her and showed her how it goes (since the two of them and Kanon are the ones who know about all the goddesses). After all, the battle was in the night and morning and the concert wasn't until the next evening--there would have been time..right?
Actually I doubt that. Kanon slept the whole time after all. If anything, she woke up just in the morning. There is indeed time but I think she and the other goddesses already had their hands full with other stuffs rather than learning the lyrics.
Quote:
Is no one here gonna question how Kanon knew how to sing a song Chihiro wrote like a day before?
I'd say Kanon just sing along with the others. And since she showed up in the middle of the song, there's a chance she skim real fast through the lyrics. Being an idol, she should be able to sing along with even just a quick skim like that.
Old 2013-09-25, 21:57   Link #46
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Does anyone know what Tenri said to Diana?
Tenri just told her what comes next.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2013-09-26, 12:11   Link #47
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
She's an idol so it wouldn't be surprising to adapt on the fly.

Kanon only sang the hooks and chorus since that's probably what she heard a few times during the performance.

When it comes to the actual lyrics, Chihiro sang it by herself.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-09-26 at 15:19.
Old 2013-09-26, 13:48   Link #48
Seihai
スマイリウム

I really doubt we're supposed to give it any thought anyway. Be it magic or ESP or her goddess or Chihiro having shared it or Kanon having coincidently found a sheet of paper on the ground with the lyrics, whatever. If there's no in-anime explanation just make one up yourself unless it's stated to be impossible.
Old 2013-09-26, 22:28   Link #49
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Isnt the Ending song in this episode the same in the 2B Pencils OVA??
Old 2013-09-26, 23:16   Link #50
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Isnt the Ending song in this episode the same in the 2B Pencils OVA??
Yes. It's also the name of the episode.

Fun fact: the song also shows up in the manga. As in, it's the name of the chapter and the lyrics are written out in text bubbles. I'm pretty sure the author took it from the OVA.
Old 2013-09-26, 23:18   Link #51
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Ah thanks.
No wonder it sounds familiar...

Nice wrap up for the Megami-hen...
Hope they will continue it to the next arc...
Old 2013-09-26, 23:27   Link #52
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
She's an idol so it wouldn't be surprising to adapt on the fly.

Kanon only sang the hooks and chorus since that's probably what she heard a few times during the performance.

When it comes to the actual lyrics, Chihiro sang it by herself.
Music isn't wholly complicated, and especially not these genres. They tend to be simple, yet effective. I wouldn't be surprised if Kanon could pick up the proper words for the chorus beforehand and roll with it without sounding conspicuous. The only thing easier than singing the right words is singing the right notes.
Quote:
Nice wrap up for the Megami-hen...
Hope they will continue it to the next arc...
Lucky we even got a third season, much less the next arc. At the very least it'll probably be a bit before they decide to move forward.
Old 2013-09-27, 12:45   Link #53
shibakun

What did Chihiro seeing the wings signify again ? Does that mean that she found out our hero lied to her about saying "she wasn't involved in all of this ~ about the date"?

Sorry I'm trying to connect the dots from Keima's/Chihiro's perspective.
Old 2013-09-27, 16:30   Link #54
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
What did Chihiro seeing the wings signify again ? Does that mean that she found out our hero lied to her about saying "she wasn't involved in all of this ~ about the date"?

It signifies that everyone else is special and she's not. She never found out the "lie" (which wasn't a lie, technically) and in fact the wings reinforced her beliefs. She currently believes that she had nothing to do with anything and therefore has no reason to speak to Keima again.
Old 2013-09-27, 18:58   Link #55
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Ah thanks.
No wonder it sounds familiar...
Doing some re-watching of TWGOK I was surprised to notice that not only does it play in the OVA, but a piano version plays over a long period of the last episode of Chihiro's arc in season 2, as she's anticipating spend time with Keima, and it becomes apparent that she's more interested in meeting him than she is in getting his conquest advice to use on another guy.

She joins in during the chorus to lightly hum the vocal melody on her way to school.

The song has been kicking around the animation since 2011, I just never noticed it before.
Old 2013-09-29, 11:33   Link #56
chaos_animagic

LOL, I think they need to rewind and do a side story on the girls arc they skipped...

seems like some anime only ppls here are confused because some (if not all) girls arc they skipped showed up in the anime goddess arc.
Old 2013-09-29, 13:28   Link #57
Seihai
スマイリウム

I think it's okay that they skipped those captures. The problem I see is that their introduction of the new girls (Yui, Tsukiyo etc.) was simply way too brief, all crammed into like 1-2 minutes in the first episode making it forgettable. Any anime watcher would forget within those 12 weeks, no doubt. They should have dedicated a few more minutes to retell specifically the captures for Tsukiyo and Yui (and maybe Akari and Minami). The episodes were already packed but I'm sure they could have fit in more background info or at least make it have more impact. But what's done is done. In the end I don't find it any less enjoyable with the skipping, and I guess anime only watchers are now tempted to read up on the manga, too.
Old 2013-10-01, 10:09   Link #58
Crassa
Streamline

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It signifies that everyone else is special and she's not. She never found out the "lie" (which wasn't a lie, technically) and in fact the wings reinforced her beliefs. She currently believes that she had nothing to do with anything and therefore has no reason to speak to Keima again.
When Keima said that Chihiro wasn't involved in any of the events it implies that what happened at the roof when Keima rejected Chihiro was all real. Which it wasn't. It was a plan to get the goddess from Chihiro out but since Keima found out that a goddess isn't in Chihiro he had to reject her and now Chihiro feels broken because she thinks that Keima dated her just because he wanted 'payback'.

Though when Chihiro was able to see the wings of the goddess during the concert I'm sure she has a reinforced belief that she was involved in the event in a way or another.

That was what I understood, kinda hard to explain but hope it clears some things up to people that needs enlightenment.. that's if you actually understood what I said.
Old 2013-10-01, 23:07   Link #59
Anime299

OK, late into this thread, but earlier, in the Library, Keima came across the book about the school history, and part of that was the goddess Demeter. He repeated that after he read it, but then nothing ever came of it. Is there a goddess still missing after all this? The final episode seems to indicate that all were accounted for.
Old 2013-10-03, 17:59   Link #60
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

That's foreshadowing. If you're interested read the manga. Or wait for S4.
Closed Thread