AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-11-10, 23:47   Link #661
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Pretty sure the reason is to give people more of a reason to buy the DVDs. Like, "Hey, the version we're showing you is cropped and has washed out colors! Oh, you want to see the show as it's supposed to be? Well, BUY THE DVDS!!!!" (I'm not sure if the broadcast has washed out colors, but looking at a screenshot on some random scan that just showed up in the image-thread a few hours ago, the colors there look a lot sharper than in the episode.) Same reason why the show was apparently MADE in High Definition, yet the HD-version shown on TV is still just an upscale.

I reaaaally hope Haruhi 2 actually COMES OUT. I mean, god, how long has it been since they first announced it?
...And then I hope for a Little Busters-anime and a Planetarian-movie.
Kyoani is either being really smart of really stupid with Haruhi. They may intentionally be taking a really long time so that all the rabid fan base dies out. That was, the second season would not be as anticipated, and it won't get judge as harshly as, let's say, Geass R2 was. At least, that's what I hope their intention is. Skipping the entire spring/summer wasn't the brightest move in my minds if they really wanted to do Munto.

Well, unless there's an announcement of Haruhi being cancelled, I don't see any more news on a date for that until the last episode of Clannad. I'm expecting they'll either announce Little Busters or Haruhi with that episode, and that'll be what airs in Fall 09.
Old 2008-11-11, 02:42   Link #662
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Kyoani is either being really smart of really stupid with Haruhi. They may intentionally be taking a really long time so that all the rabid fan base dies out. That was, the second season would not be as anticipated, and it won't get judge as harshly as, let's say, Geass R2 was. At least, that's what I hope their intention is. Skipping the entire spring/summer wasn't the brightest move in my minds if they really wanted to do Munto.

Well, unless there's an announcement of Haruhi being cancelled, I don't see any more news on a date for that until the last episode of Clannad. I'm expecting they'll either announce Little Busters or Haruhi with that episode, and that'll be what airs in Fall 09.
No, they'll just announce Munto on the last ep. I mean, they have no reason to advertise two projects at one go... Especially when KyoAni is that small - remember when Haruhi and Kanon '06 were on air? Haruhi fans got rather miffed at KyoAni for doing two projects at the same time - especially when Kanon has 24 eps and Haruhi, 15 (if I remember correctly)

Quote:
Is it me or am I the only one who thinks Clannad ~After Story~ is better than the 1st season? While I liked the first season a lot, I find AS to be more enjoyable, better romantic and comedy scenes, so far it has made me laugh more than 1st season did and not a single disappointment up to now either and the feeling that I want to kill somebody to get my hands on the next episode >.<'.
Yeah, AS was better. Less focus on the comedy, and more focus on the overarching theme of Clannad: Family. I thought CLANNAD's first season was great, but not exactly Haruhi-standard yet. With AS, I feel this is the KyoAni of Haruhi fame.
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 05:36   Link #663
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
No, they'll just announce Munto on the last ep. I mean, they have no reason to advertise two projects at one go...
Kanon's last episode had an advertisement for Clannad at the end, yet the next thing KyoAni actually released was Lucky Star, so it's not impossible that they might announce Little Busters or Haruhi at the end of Clannad AS either.
Old 2008-11-12, 00:20   Link #664
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Kanon's last episode had an advertisement for Clannad at the end, yet the next thing KyoAni actually released was Lucky Star, so it's not impossible that they might announce Little Busters or Haruhi at the end of Clannad AS either.
Now, Haruhi II is slated for "early '09". But in Japan, "early '09" could be in the first 4 months in the year, loosely speaking.

Little Busters is getting an anime adaption? This I haven't heard... that's new.

Still, the series will only end at the last week of March, barring any OVAs, extra episodes, delays (remember School Days??), strikes (actually, quite impossible in Japan), or lack of funds.

Besides, I don't see any possibility for extra episodes, as "The Events of Summer Vacation" episode was actually a bridge to the After Story season... And another OVA would have to be ruled out, unless it's about Misae.
Old 2008-11-12, 00:22   Link #665
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Now, Haruhi II is slated for "early '09
Source?

Quote:
Little Busters is getting an anime adaption? This I haven't heard... that's new.
That's mere speculation though.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 00:35   Link #666
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Source?
Old 2008-11-12, 00:55   Link #667
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

ShimatheKat, no, I translated this things some months ago, there is no info about early 2009.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 00:57   Link #668
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
ShimatheKat, no, I translated this things some months ago, there is no info about early 2009.
Oh, ok. I see. So we'll
waiting
waiting
waiting
waiting
waiting
waiting
Wait, what are we waiting for?
Oh yeah, O-haruhi-sama!

And if LittleBusters gets animated, please, I pray, let it not be Toei.
Old 2008-11-12, 00:59   Link #669
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
And if LittleBusters gets animated, please, I pray, let it not be Toei.
Well, we can see both variants by Toei and KyoAni. I don't complain.
Old 2008-11-12, 01:03   Link #670
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Well, we can see both variants by Toei and KyoAni. I don't complain.
Unless Toei gets a monopoly on LB... then we're in for a diluted time.
Old 2008-11-12, 01:04   Link #671
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

It's kinda impossible, because bosses of Key are interested in KyoAni. Remember this rumours with Kanon 2006 ?
Old 2008-11-12, 01:06   Link #672
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
It's kinda impossible, because bosses of Key are interested in KyoAni. Remember this rumours with Kanon 2006 ?
I hope KyoAni gets the monopoly... but then again, that'll be quite a while since there's Munto, HaruhiII, then LB. Probably 2010?
Old 2008-11-12, 01:09   Link #673
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
then LB
You can't be so sure. The next thing should be TA because of this Clannad special - it's like a base for this OVA or TV series.
Old 2008-11-12, 01:10   Link #674
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
You can't be so sure. The next thing should be TA because of this Clannad special - it's like a base for this OVA or TV series.
Hold on, what's TA?
Old 2008-11-12, 01:11   Link #675
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Tomoyo After, of course.
Old 2008-11-12, 01:13   Link #676
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Tomoyo After, of course.
HELL YEAH!
That's what I hope! Oh yeah, KyoAni, more Tomoyo is good!
I mean, if not more O-haruhi-sama, then at least more Tomoyo-kouhai!

Last edited by ZephyrLeanne; 2008-11-12 at 08:06. Reason: this gaijin's japanese is horrid
Old 2008-11-12, 06:47   Link #677
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
I agree, since already started with the Tomoyo chapter in season 1, why not finish it with Tomoyo After in season 2 or as a separate series.
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 11:09   Link #678
Beo
where's the snow?

I believe the game version of Tomoyo After is sold as adult only. Curious on how the anime version of this would turn out.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 11:22   Link #679
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beo View Post
I believe the game version of Tomoyo After is sold as adult only. Curious on how the anime version of this would turn out.
Eroge get adapted into anime all the time. That doesn't always mean that the anime-versions are adult-only. I mean, both Kanon and Air were originally eroge, and those hardly even had any fanservice in the anime-version. As far as I know, in Key's visual novels, the H-scenes are pretty much just... there, they have no purpose in the story and take up like, 10 minutes at most. Not exactly a huge obstacle. Also, Tomoyo After was released in a child-friendly version on the PS2.
Old 2008-11-12, 12:46   Link #680
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
both Kanon and Air were originally eroge
Only with a couple of scenes. Maybe, somewhere around 10-15 minutes. TA is rather advanced in this plan, oh yeah.