AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 06:38   Link #701
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

Is that a character later in the story ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 06:44   Link #702
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
We already see Maka having issues with Soul and her father already. But none of it seems to get in the way of her mission.
Makes me wonder if her issue's with males will play a huge part later on in the story. I mean it was well placed in the first episode/story, and i believe they're onto something for her character development.

Also i wouldn't mind seeing her Mother at one point in the series.
Old 2008-04-13, 06:52   Link #703
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Makes me wonder if her issue's with males will play a huge part later on in the story. I mean it was well placed in the first episode/story, and i believe they're onto something for her character development.

I was amused how she saw Soul going over to Blair as the same kind of "cheating" her father does

Quote:
Twin-tailed, blond, with a Scythe ?
Old 2008-04-13, 07:08   Link #704
Silverwyrm

Enjoyed first ep but main two chars voices threw me off a little. Soul seemed a bit to deep at first but given his character it ended up feeling more fitting to me. Maka it was just that I felt if I was just "listening" to it I wouldn't be able to differentiate her from normal talking and angry
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 07:50   Link #705
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
It's by the same person who did TTGL so that is to be expected. I quite like the soundtrack from what I have heard so far.
Lagann (and I guess Kekkaishi) is actually a bit different from Taku Iwasaki's usual style. If you've heard the scores for the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs, Read or Die OVAs/TV, Witch Hunter Robin and others you'll see what I mean.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 08:01   Link #706
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Lagann (and I guess Kekkaishi) is actually a bit different from Taku Iwasaki's usual style. If you've heard the scores for the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs, Read or Die OVAs/TV, Witch Hunter Robin and others you'll see what I mean.
Listening to his Gurren Lagann work, then onto his next project Persona - trinity soul-, you can see he's starting to change his style, and it's not just a one off. He's carrying it on in Soul Eater.
Old 2008-04-13, 08:04   Link #707
terrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Is that a character later in the story ?
Yup he's in the start of Kidd's intro chapter and he was in the trailer so he'll deffanitly be in next weeks episode.

Last edited by terrus; 2008-04-14 at 07:03.
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 10:10   Link #708
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

After watching ep1, I search for the manga, and I must say the manga doesn't give me a good impression and interest as the anime . Guess I'll stick with the anime then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Twin-tailed, blond, with a Scythe ?
I'm soooo dying to see her .
Old 2008-04-13, 10:13   Link #709
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
After watching ep1, I search for the manga, and I must say the manga doesn't give me a good impression and interest as the anime . Guess I'll stick with the anime then...

I came to that same conclusion when I realized my favorite parts were the animation, the fight scene, and the BMG...

...All of which aren't in the manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm soooo dying to see her .
Are you familiar with that description ?
Old 2008-04-13, 10:17   Link #710
Zoe

Quote:
Just don't be a Trisha Elric! >_>
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:19   Link #711
andromeda0201

Quote:
Listening to his Gurren Lagann work, then onto his next project Persona - trinity soul-, you can see he's starting to change his style, and it's not just a one off. He's carrying it on in Soul Eater.
Well Soul Eater and TTGL are kinda similar in the sense that they have quirky character designs and good action, so I guess similarity in the soundtrack is inevitable. Even then some of his current tracks still retain a similar feel to his previous works like Black Cat and Getbackers.

Anyway the first episode sure surpassed my expectations and the preview for Black Star sure made me anticipate the next episode.
Also, all the hype for Death the Kid is sure making me curious how well they are going to animate the gunfights
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:24   Link #712
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

This talk about the TTGL and SE music being so similar got me more excited to hear more SE music xD

I want episode 2 now!!! Tomorrow . . . *just realized that it's already april 14 in her place* . . fastforward the hours please xD Heehee

I especially want episode 3!!! *_* the character + voice + gunfight + music + animation will surely be = awesomeness xD

Oh I have high expectations . . .don't let me down, SE xD hehe

*excited like crazy*
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:28   Link #713
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post

XD! Oh man, she wouldn't deserve that.

Neither would her father for that matter. v_v
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 11:45   Link #714
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
well i just watched ep 1 a couple of hours ago and i have to say i'm kinda dissapointed..
first of all the animation in the fight kinda let me down seeing how much it was praised i was expecting something really special but in the end the framerate in the fight was low FOR BONES,you see it's not like it was bad, it was really good but not as good as other bones series(animation wise that is).

but that was not the main thing,
you see i watched the episode and i didn't know why but it was not interesting for some reason,
now i have read vol1 of the manga so i was kinda expecting it so i initially thought that i may had some misconceptions because of the manga or something but i went and re-read the preview chapter and it was then that it hit me,
what bothered me was not the animation or even the comedy or VA, it was the fact that that entire 20 minute long episode was based solely on a 40pg chapter..
it simply didn't have enough material for 20 minutes..
the content in itself was good, it was just spread over too much time..

so I'm hoping that at least after the introduction episodes they'll turn ep the pace..
I'll probably still watch regardless, but i thing that if they keep going at this speed it will feel too slow,
but then again i could have expected too much, because of what i was told and the chapters that i have read...
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:11   Link #715
SkoolRumble4Ya

Wow the anime drawing is unique that's why I decided to watch Soul Eater and I glad I did.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:55   Link #716
terrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Well Maka's mother has yet to be introduced even in the manga (according to wikipedia she appeared in a photo but we all know how accurate wikipedia can be don't we!) So unless Ookubo gives Bones the go-ahead she probably won't appear, even though it would be a good way of divirging the anime from the manga. Also how would they go about it if she was in the anime? Would Ookubo design her character first and then would Yoshiyuki Ito redesign her for the anime?
Old 2008-04-13, 14:06   Link #717
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Well Maka's mother has yet to be introduced even in the manga (according to wikipedia she appeared in a photo but we all know how accurate wikipedia can be don't we!) So unless Ookubo gives Bones the go-ahead she probably won't appear, even though it would be a good way of divirging the anime from the manga. Also how would they go about it if she was in the anime? Would Ookubo design her character first and then would Yoshiyuki Ito redesign her for the anime?
That's exactly why I'm worried that Bones will go off and do something completely with her. Since we know nothing about her, even what she looks like, they don't have to worry about contradicting anything.

I don't know about Ookubo's involvement though. Didn't Arakawa say she didn't have any input on the FMA anime?

(Yeah, even though Wiki says so, I haven't seen a pic. Maybe they mistook young Death Scythe for her >_>)
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 14:06   Link #718
Medousa
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Medousa
^In a ... photo? Never saw it ether.^^"
~~~~~~~~~~
Hehe ... Maka pic!=)

Old 2008-04-13, 14:48   Link #719
terrus

Like i said it's from wikipedia, Nuff said :P.

Quote:
Didn't Arakawa say she didn't have any input on the FMA anime?
I think she said 'do whatever you want to do' to them because she didn't want the anime to be just a complete adaption of the manga.

It makes me wonder though did Ookubo plan to introduce Maka's mother from the begining and then decided to hold her off or did he just drop her altogether? If so Ookubo could of used his ideas of her chracter for the anime or he could of just came up with her during the anime's early production, still it's early days and she may not even appear.
Old 2008-04-13, 14:52   Link #720
Westlo
Lets be reality

Whats with mothers not showing up, first Kekkaishi and now this
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, death the kid, shounen, soul eater