Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-06, 16:26   Link #1
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

manga: ch 332 discussion

pandaman's summary of the new chapter

Spoiler:

seems ussop isnt such a bad fighter when it's one on one.
Old 2004-08-06, 17:06   Link #2
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bushido
pandaman's summary of the new chapter

Spoiler:

yea, i gotta give usopp my props, he pretty slick.
and G.M. is crying..
Old 2004-08-06, 17:29   Link #3
UserName

Great chapter... Ussop was great, I didn't expect much out of him and thought they would dual because he was too outmatched. But he pulled out his dials and some nice tricks. The last page with the Going Merry looking like it was crying was good. First Robin, then Ussop. The whole crew is falling apart just like Aokiji said.
Old 2004-08-06, 18:55   Link #4
Ral
Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Great chapter... Ussop was great, I didn't expect much out of him and thought they would dual because he was too outmatched. But he pulled out his dials and some nice tricks. The last page with the Going Merry looking like it was crying was good. First Robin, then Ussop. The whole crew is falling apart just like Aokiji said.
Great chapter. Acually getting to see Usopp fight seriously for something he really cares about is nice to see. Never expected to see him fight seriously with Luffy thought. Also who knows if Robin may be the cause of the crew seeming to fall apart. Maybe it was ment to look like the crew was falling apart because of Robin somehow. But it was also sad seeing it as if the Going Merry was crying. Also said that we have to wait 2 weeks for the next chapter.
Old 2004-08-07, 01:02   Link #5
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bushido
Well he did kick that fish guys ass one v one in the arc long ago. Escapes the name... Nami's history arc.
Old 2004-08-07, 04:29   Link #6
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
he is only able to fight luffy so well becuase he had time to prepair a stategy for this fight, I was think "if he can do this to luffy why couldn't he have taken out the franky family", he need to have time to look threw the dails and all his equipment to devlop a plan to use against he oponent, in a spontanous 1v1 fight he is no good.
Old 2004-08-07, 04:40   Link #7
DeluxSkillz

well next chapter will be luffy kicking Usopp's ass no way is Luffy gonna let that fool beat him up like that, but damn usopp's going all out that's some amazing strategy he's come up with but one punch will probably send him flying
Old 2004-08-07, 09:47   Link #8
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
he need to have time to look threw the dails and all his equipment to devlop a plan to use against he oponent, in a spontanous 1v1 fight he is no good.
You got that right. In strategy Ussop is perty good. But you have to give him time to think it through. If he's got time to plan, he's quite the fighter. If not, he flat out sucks. But, given that there's others on the team who can react to a sudden situation as well as plan and execute a good responce at the drop of a hat, if eventually combined with Ussop's suppurb (or at least fairly good) strategy planning, it would be a huge plus for the whole crew. Use Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Chopper and Robin for their raw strength, Zoro and Sanji for their ability to do "oh sh**!!" level reactive on the run strategy planning and execution, and Ussop's ability to plan and execute a complex strategy with sufficient time to plan ahead, their crew would be bloody unstoppable.

Ussop kinda reminds me of me in respect to his ability to plan if given enough time. I also don't do well with on the spot strategizing, but I can do some kick butt strategy if given enough time to think it out.
Old 2004-08-07, 10:28   Link #9
hi no ken Jebus

the fish guy's name was chuu

it doesnt matter what kind of clever tricks ussop has all it takes is one good hit from luffy to floor him. i love ussop but there's no way he can beat luffy. this is the naruto vs sasuke thing all over again. although i would like to see this happen between zror and luffy since its much more interesting. i almost had forgotten he had all those dials. those of you who were talking about weapons upgrade he had them since skypiea he just never used them. the crew does seem to be falling apart but we'll see what happens in 333. awesome chap by the way.

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2004-08-08 at 17:33. Reason: minute error
Old 2004-08-07, 12:41   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

You mean chapter 333. This already is 332.
Old 2004-08-07, 17:52   Link #11
Furitzuoni
I the great me

Beware of Usopps 8.000 Crew Member *rofl*"

In chapter 332 you can see that Usopp is a person who uses his head when he fights! In this case he is a million steps ahead of Luffy! Even if he is a weakling, he can still kick some ass!!!
But it is kind difficult to win against Luffy, because he is indeed a veeeeeeeeery tough person... it's sorry, but you need more than one Flame Star (although this was already awesome) to really beat him!
I hope another person steps in (like Kakashi in sasuke and narutos 1st clash o_O) ... some of the carpenters or nico robin... or even supreme general aokiji XD". Because i think none of them will give up and usopp is a only few steps away from really dying, so he can't take more then one hit from Luffy!
But if someone has to win, than i say only one thing:
GO USOPP, GO XD! Beat some sense in this Straw Head (nice wordplay *lol*)!
Old 2004-08-07, 23:37   Link #12
Zfan
STOP JOKING AROOOUND~!

Send a message via ICQ to Zfan Send a message via MSN to Zfan
PROBABLY the fight will end in tie, with Robin interference. Then some miraculous thing will happen to save Going Merry... or not. Usopp may leave the crew, or he stays with Luffy with a new ship. Of course, I bet second option is the mos certain one
Old 2004-08-08, 01:09   Link #13
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

This chapter was ok, I'm not really liking Usopp anymore, getting annoying. I hope that Luffy kicks his ass and nearly kills him. Luffy is looking really pathetic right now in front of his crew, I didn't even want him to be touched as the Captain to the one of the weakest persons in the crew, but what can ya do. This whole pirate crew is falling apart. I feel something miraculous coming within the next few chapters though.
Old 2004-08-08, 01:14   Link #14
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by |)arK_Nin
This chapter was ok, I'm not really liking Usopp anymore, getting annoying. I hope that Luffy kicks his ass and nearly kills him. Luffy is looking really pathetic right now in front of his crew, I didn't even want him to be touched as the Captain to the one of the weakest persons in the crew, but what can ya do. This whole pirate crew is falling apart. I feel something miraculous coming within the next few chapters though.
Sheesh, don't you know this fight is trying to raise Usopp's stats or so to speak. Remember Usuopp's dream is to become a great and fine warrior.

What better way then to allow him to actually show some of his techniques along with advancing the story. You also got to remember Going Merry is the ship that Ussop's lover gave to him. He's not going to be able to part with it easily. I say they get a huge ass ship and make the GM a life raft.

what's going to happen is that they learn Robin is in trouble and they decide to stop the fight to save Robin. When they meet Robin with whomever is bothering her. Luffy and Ussop are going to put aside their difference and team up to beat the boss.

Ok next arc.

And Paulie still hasn't played much of a part yet.
Old 2004-08-08, 11:31   Link #15
Nyssane
Mohji Fanboi

Send a message via AIM to Nyssane Send a message via MSN to Nyssane
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Well he did kick that fish guys ass one v one in the arc long ago. Escapes the name... Nami's history arc.
Kick his ass? o.O If I remember correctly, Chuu beat the crud out of him first, and it was only that one move that got the best of him (and sent him into the water, only to be pummelled by Usopp's hammer).

Anyway, for a main character, Luffy is really pissing me off. ^_^
Old 2004-08-08, 12:02   Link #16
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Sheesh, don't you know this fight is trying to raise Usopp's stats or so to speak. Remember Usuopp's dream is to become a great and fine warrior.

What better way then to allow him to actually show some of his techniques along with advancing the story. You also got to remember Going Merry is the ship that Ussop's lover gave to him. He's not going to be able to part with it easily. I say they get a huge ass ship and make the GM a life raft.

what's going to happen is that they learn Robin is in trouble and they decide to stop the fight to save Robin. When they meet Robin with whomever is bothering her. Luffy and Ussop are going to put aside their difference and team up to beat the boss.

Ok next arc.

And Paulie still hasn't played much of a part yet.
Ok.... I know what this fight represents and I still know his true dream... btw his name is Usopp. Plz don't throw out facts assuming I don't know them, kk thx. And DUH hes not going to be able to part with it easily, I, the pirate crew, everyone who reads the damn manga knew that was coming. When did I say anywhere that I didn't think so?

I also don't think they would just up and stop a fight because of Robin, its not like the Straw Hats don't know that shes missing. Plus, they have to get there money back. Luffy is extremely pissed and no one can really stop him now, so I hope and think that the fight will continue.
Old 2004-08-08, 13:24   Link #17
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by |)arK_Nin
Ok.... I know what this fight represents and I still know his true dream... btw his name is Usopp. Plz don't throw out facts assuming I don't know them, kk thx. And DUH hes not going to be able to part with it easily, I, the pirate crew, everyone who reads the damn manga knew that was coming. When did I say anywhere that I didn't think so?

I also don't think they would just up and stop a fight because of Robin, its not like the Straw Hats don't know that shes missing. Plus, they have to get there money back. Luffy is extremely pissed and no one can really stop him now, so I hope and think that the fight will continue.
Well "DUH"!? (Seriously what are you 5 or something?) I'm sorry but I do not go around probing people's heads seeing if they know what I'm saying. Just because I quoted you and stated something, you went all balistic. Is it so wrong to refresh everyone's memory about Usopp's past? And you happened to have the paragraph for me to quote? You took it as if I personally attacked you because I quoted you.

You're right it is Usopp, just because I spelt the name wrong by adding an extra S. It's not as if you have perfect grammar yourself. Think I'm wrong? Reread the paragraph that I quoted.

When in your paragraph that I quoted stated that you "knew" what the fight was about. All you said was "I want Luffy to nearly kill Usopp and I don't like him anymore"

I think it wouldn't matter whom Usopp fought on the ship and you'll still hate him. If he went and fought Sanji, you'll be up at Usopp's throat too.

Please don't spew out cocky attitudes at me.

As for your Robin point, it wouldn't make sense to me if they didn't go after her. She's part of the crew, and they do know she's missing, I believe it was Sanji that stated "Hmm... Robin isn't back yet?" To Nami when the 5 guys returned to the ship. I would believe they'll get rather worried after awhile.

They also can't get their money back yet, hell, this is one of the important points for this fight, remember Luffy claims the crew needs a new ship. Usopp is fighting to keep this ship. And the man whom they need to chase left to go shopping with their money.

Luffy isn't willing to chase him with the GM and wants to chase the man in an entirely new ship.
Old 2004-08-08, 17:41   Link #18
hi no ken Jebus

now assuming by some miracle or lapse in judgement from oda usopp wins will he get a ridiculous bounty? after all he beat the 100 mil berry luffy no? well this fight will most likely get stopped i mean if sanji and zoro havent killed each other i doubt they will let them continue. at best something will happen and im leaning towards robin's status stopping this.
Old 2004-08-08, 22:10   Link #19
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahsin
Well "DUH"!? (Seriously what are you 5 or something?) I'm sorry but I do not go around probing people's heads seeing if they know what I'm saying. Just because I quoted you and stated something, you went all balistic. Is it so wrong to refresh everyone's memory about Usopp's past? And you happened to have the paragraph for me to quote? You took it as if I personally attacked you because I quoted you.

You're right it is Usopp, just because I spelt the name wrong by adding an extra S. It's not as if you have perfect grammar yourself. Think I'm wrong? Reread the paragraph that I quoted.

When in your paragraph that I quoted stated that you "knew" what the fight was about. All you said was "I want Luffy to nearly kill Usopp and I don't like him anymore"

I think it wouldn't matter whom Usopp fought on the ship and you'll still hate him. If he went and fought Sanji, you'll be up at Usopp's throat too.

Please don't spew out cocky attitudes at me.

As for your Robin point, it wouldn't make sense to me if they didn't go after her. She's part of the crew, and they do know she's missing, I believe it was Sanji that stated "Hmm... Robin isn't back yet?" To Nami when the 5 guys returned to the ship. I would believe they'll get rather worried after awhile.

They also can't get their money back yet, hell, this is one of the important points for this fight, remember Luffy claims the crew needs a new ship. Usopp is fighting to keep this ship. And the man whom they need to chase left to go shopping with their money.

Luffy isn't willing to chase him with the GM and wants to chase the man in an entirely new ship.
Seriously kid, it's not that serious. Gotta break it down again LMFAO

Right, because I use "duh" I must really be 5 right ? And I really asked you to probe my head didn't I buddy.... wait.....wait... no? LMFAO if you think I went "balistic" over a post on somebody on the internet I don't know.. you need think again. And again.. I took it as you personally attacked me? . I wrote that while on my way out the house, other things on my mind. Got 99 problems and you aint one

HAHAHAHA do I give a damn about spelling? I was telling you that his name was Usopp, so YOU'LL know. Do I care if I make a spelling mistake? Take a guess.

Go back and read my post again, and extract where I said "I want Luffy to nearly kill Usopp and I don't like him anymore"... ah.. you won't be able to . And if someone has read up this far in the manga, I take it they know whats going on.

[B]I think it wouldn't matter whom Usopp fought on the ship and you'll still hate him. If he went and fought Sanji, you'll be up at Usopp's throat too.

Please don't spew out cocky attitudes at me.[/B

God damn, don't ever ever pretend like you know me buddy. Kk thx. I actually don't like the way that Usopp approached Luffy after he saved him, and the way he disrespected him as the Captain. .. k thx. Oh and even if I DID "jump at Usopps throat" that would be my opinon of him, and none of your posts can change that, k thx."Cocky attitudes" ... ok guy, over message boards you can not tell someones tone/facial expression or whatever, so if YOU took it as I had a cocky attitude, tough .

And your Robin point, thats your guess so I won't even reply. We both have our opinons/guesses and I'm not going to go out of my way to change yours guy.
Old 2004-08-09, 16:00   Link #20
Jn183

I really hope that this Usopp's stuff be finish by next chapter.(2 weeks from now OMG....) The stuff with Robin and Shipwright/Frankie just overshadow this lil incident of Usopp. If this happen during Davy back or something than it would be wicked.

Anyway, just saw ep 200(filler but funny as hell). ok...this ep just remind me of something... anyone remember this way back..oh wth.. here is the image I took from 200

Guy in mask??? Shipwright? Yup, I'm still crossing my finger for a shipwright other than those that were introduced.
Closed Thread