AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-11, 07:24   Link #1401
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I just don't know if MS will come back again if they have their N64/ps3 moment.
It is likely that they will, but probably not in the traditional form. If the xbone fails to be dominant, I expect that their next xbox system to be purely software based, basically an open platform OS steam thing. Or they could go back and use/explore one of their old strategies, MSX, for a way forward.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 07:48   Link #1402
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm just sad that while they acknowledge the Vita, there isn't many thing they are doing to hype the system. Now everything is about the PS4, which is understandable but still make me a little sad inside.
There is nothing on it. As a consumer, I bought a PSP and honestly, while I had some fun games on it, like Corpse Party, it didn't meet my expectations. The piracy killed it, and then a lot of companies didn't want to localize pretty good collection of Japanese games, that are still coming out.

Same thing for Vita. I can buy Persona 4 Golden and few others and that about it. It's not worth it, no matter how awesome the gadget is.
Old 2013-06-11, 07:53   Link #1403
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I see a bunch of people at my area decide to drop their Xbox after the conference and are even thinking that just left their XboxLive Gold expire to jump to the PS4 ship. I know it doesn't mean anything statistic wise, but it's a indication that there actually are people who's willing to abandon the Xbox.

I'm just sad that while they acknowledge the Vita, there isn't many thing they are doing to hype the system. Now everything is about the PS4, which is understandable but still make me a little sad inside.
Well on neutral ground before. I means i and my brother were struggling a bit on what to get PS3 or Xbox 360. We then wandered through stores and stores skimming through 2nd hand disks, some were visited several times, just to decide which one has wider access to games. Should just looked over on the net you asked? Well just a bit old-timer with those habits. I was a bit shifted on PS3 as it has access for jprg, while my older brother was big on kinect. Picked 360 in the end just on balances, majorly because the xbox box disk looks a bit more proper than ps3 square bd one (it's true!) and the price was a bit softer. Then we recommended my cousin to stay with the 360, and send him a few games which we finished once in a while.

Tell my story just to state how casual gamers like us still exist and how MS just shot themselves in both feet. It's not even a matter of option anymore. Why should i buy something that more expensive, can't play or loan disks, have super annoyed rdm policy, and constantly spy my living room? It's just so dumb that i fear for my sanity if MS somehow can pull this off.
Old 2013-06-11, 08:09   Link #1404
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Well on neutral ground before. I means i and my brother were struggling a bit on what to get PS3 or Xbox 360. We then wandered through stores and stores skimming through 2nd hand disks, some were visited several times, just to decide which one has wider access to games. Should just looked over on the net you asked? Well just a bit old-timer with those habits. I was a bit shifted on PS3 as it has access for jprg, while my older brother was big on kinect. Picked 360 in the end just on balances, majorly because the xbox box disk looks a bit more proper than ps3 square bd one (it's true!) and the price was a bit softer. Then we recommended my cousin to stay with the 360, and send him a few games which we finished once in a while.

Tell my story just to state how casual gamers like us still exist and how MS just shot themselves in both feet. It's not even a matter of option anymore. Why should i buy something that more expensive, can't play or loan disks, have super annoyed rdm policy, and constantly spy my living room? It's just so dumb that i fear for my sanity if MS somehow can pull this off.
It was similar to my story as well. I did not know what I wanted. My two brothers were split from 360 and the PS3. I went with the PS3 because of the free online was cuddling with my wallet quite nicely. The games was another thing that was a deciding factor as well, I thought of which games that was exclusive to each system and I had to pick. The deciding factor was which game did I want to play, Halo vs Uncharted and Uncharted won me over.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 08:14   Link #1405
Westlo
Lets be reality

Dem diminishing returns.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 08:37   Link #1406
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The more casual fans don't really care about consumer rights, but they tend to pick up systems 6-24 months after launch, and they tend to follow the trends of the early adopters.
I think this is a very important point. And it's why, long-term, Microsoft's approach is probably the wrong one, imo.

Yes, Microsoft will likely keep the hardcore XBox brand loyalists. Likewise, the PS4 will keep the hardcore Playstation brand loyalists.

But these two groups are small compared to the total number of early adopters. A lot of early adopters will go for whichever console seems like the better deal to them in straight-up comparisons. And I definitely think the PS4 looks like that right now.

If the PS4 gets twice as many early adopters as the XBox One gets, then I think other console gamers will lean heavily towards the PS4, because that's where most of their fellow gamers will be. It could create a snowball effect, similar to what we saw with the PS2.
Old 2013-06-11, 08:59   Link #1407
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Why are jaws going to drop? Because they'll show off 3d Mario, Kart and Smash just like last gen, with a shinier hd package? Nintendo games are just as churned out as others at times, I seriously hope Retro's mystery game is a FPS with an online focus, so I can see Nintendo fans who shit on all the other console shooters do a 180 and proclaim it as greatness.

X, Bayonetta, Retro's game and whatever Nintendo moneyhat are going to be the main points of interest, everyone knows what to expect with the main 3, but yeah some Tales or Tekken character is going to be some megaton for Smash or something, I'm sure. Still won't beat Snake.
We'll find out in a minute!

Direct time!

edit: wow they're getting hammered with traffic. ><
Old 2013-06-11, 09:04   Link #1408
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
We'll find out in a minute!

Direct time!

edit: wow they're getting hammered with traffic. ><
I thought it wasn't for another hour?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 09:05   Link #1409
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

It's up now, but every region's stream is being hammered by the traffic.
Old 2013-06-11, 09:06   Link #1410
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Damn internet... *froths at the mouth*
Have to wait for a video upload to see the thing properly...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 09:06   Link #1411
Westlo
Lets be reality

my stream has been perfect

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ninten...at-e3-2013-sub

pokemon y and x for 3ds
now super mario 3d world for wii u

nekomario, #gamechanger

edit - kart now, looks nice, hopefully that means they have something big if they went with these 3 for the first 3.
Old 2013-06-11, 09:07   Link #1412
Sides

neko mario!
Old 2013-06-11, 09:08   Link #1413
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Okay, that one works for me. Shame I missed some of it already.
Old 2013-06-11, 09:10   Link #1414
Knight Hawk
Lurker

English: http://www.ustream.tv/NintendoUK
Old 2013-06-11, 09:11   Link #1415
Westlo
Lets be reality

oh god kart isn't this holiday, Nintendo even trying? Thanks for a working uk link.

mario party and wii fit delayed? lmao @ all that, this is what happens when you go from SD to HD a gen late. You know hopefully smash which they outsourced to a hd developer in Namco is coming soon.

More 3ds games that are actually coming out please.
Old 2013-06-11, 09:16   Link #1416
GDB

I'm not really worried about the 3DS. That'll be fine, I know that good games are coming for it. How about something to try and convince me that a WiiU is for me rather than a PS4?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 09:16   Link #1417
Sides

japanese stream is showing Wind Waker
Old 2013-06-11, 09:18   Link #1418
Westlo
Lets be reality

That was quite a sad montage...
Old 2013-06-11, 09:23   Link #1419
Knight Hawk
Lurker

3rd party support? That isn't surprising.
Old 2013-06-11, 09:23   Link #1420
Westlo
Lets be reality

Windwaker holds up nicely thanks to the art style, October launch.

bayonetta 2 on jpn stream