AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-07-06, 00:46   Link #61
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Yes speaking in terms of ecchi it would be exactly as Decel put it
I kind of meant ecchi prevalence within the show and how an excess of it could pull the story off its tracks. I agree though that the manga was much better.
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 05:14   Link #62
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, if I put the occassional fanservice in the ecchi category, I probably watch more ecchi than shoujo, although I STILL want it to be meaningful, with a good sense of humor, and used sparingly. I mean, take Shuffle for example, there were episodes with too much fanservice and I didn't like them very much because it goes over the top at some point. I stopped watching Girls Bravo because of that, although I might pick it up again. Well, my problem apparently is not the existence of ecchi, but how they can incorporate low or medium levels of ecchiness without making it seem crude. I'm sure though most of the shows I watch could do without the ecchi/fanservice part.
Old 2006-07-06, 09:03   Link #63
DaFool
Resident devil

Some real-life gay anime fans also don't get what's the deal with yaoi either.

So essentially, manga / anime is escapist fantasy. We have to get used to unbelievable men and women. Just portray the opposite gender as your ideal man / woman, and pretty sure there will be lots of fans. But if the ideal man / woman portrayed happens to be close to reality, then there will be even more fans, especially of the opposite gender (who will be able to connect with that portrayal). In effect, its just up to the maturity of the creator / writer.

To illustrate, when I first started watching anime I liked the cookie-cutter doormat heroines (e.g. Belldandy). But as I gained more exposure as well as real-life experiences, my tastes evolved and now I like females with backbones (e.g. Lafiel). Notice that the titles these characters came from are essentially both from the same genre or target audience, seinen. But the different maturities of the two stories comes from the fact that Kosuke Fujishima was a character designer (originally intending to be a draftsman...hence the motorbikes are always drawn nicely ^_^) and Hiroyuki Moriyoka was an award-winning hardcore SF novel writer.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 10:47   Link #64
lavielove

I agree with what npal said.A creative ecchi is fun to watch, a repeatative ecchi is depressing. Yaoi, still quite square to me, I just don't like watching those scenes where some guys kissing each other. I might be so selfish in a sense that I enjoy every bits and pieces of Yuri but not Yaoi.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 14:01   Link #65
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless
Males and females have totally different reproductive strategies that are ultimately in conflict with one another. Males do not have to invest a lot of energy to sire a child, all he really needs to do is provide the sperm and sperm is cheap. Therefore it is in his best interest to impregnate as many females as possible. The criteria for a prototypical male in selecting female partners is as shown in anime. Fertility (as shown with voluptous curves) and mothering skills (cooking/cleaning etc). He does not really care about her personality or social status because that those factors willl not affect the survival rate of his offspring as much and since he, theoretically, has many offspring and cannot be 100% certain of the parentage anyway, the evolutionary man frankly does not care.
I must be an oddball then I could care less whether a girl can cook or clean. I'ld rather have a girlfriend who has a good personality =P
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 14:23   Link #66
Aiya Kasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlurker123
kyon is hot in ep14 last part when he's in casual clothes waiting for S.Haruhi
This ruins the topic but.....you thought so too?!?! I thought Kyon was totally pretting himself up.....oddly out of his character...but I love it!

To others: Ah so the men here seem to all really appreciate women...(or men...<.<) who act like themselves. You like girls that go with the flow, and are stereotypical. Am i right? hehe

On my opinion...I agree with my sister for guys. Strangely though...you know how everone at some part of their lives are like "OH I wish i had a girl freind like...Chii(example)...or a guy like dante(example and thats from DMC)"...well I was like that...but now I'm totally not. Now all i want is a guy who is just "a guy"...nothing hidden or out of the ordinary...you get what you see. No lying...no cheating....no beating around the bush. It's alot easier that way to get to know a person...instead of trying to figure out how not to push their buttons.

This is interesting ,people...nice posts.
Aiya Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 11:23   Link #67
Lotiman

I dont care about ecchi. It is nice to have ecchi scene in anime. I love anime like Ichigo 100%. Fanservice is always welcome.

But dont give me Yaoi!!!
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 22:18   Link #68
sorvani

Male or female, some people can no't see past the fan service to the show. A friend of mine hated Najica. all he could complain about was all the panty shots. while after 2 episodes that seemed complete shot "upskirt" i pretty much ignored the fan service to enjoy the show.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 22:50   Link #69
Erikku

Send a message via AIM to Erikku
Why cant anime be real life. it would be really nice......
girls who like anime should meet guys who like anime should meet guys who like anime and that be a good couple
i think it would be really cool to see a really happy couple like that...
Erikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 22:55   Link #70
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ but where are you gona fine someone who would admitt loving anime (most ppl keep it a secrete from the outside world) who doesnt live half away across the world?

i also dnt mind any genre of anime being quite open minded myself but the only thing that grosses me out is yaoi >.< its really sick when i think about it...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 08:58   Link #71
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
^ but where are you gona fine someone who would admitt loving anime (most ppl keep it a secrete from the outside world) who doesnt live half away across the world?
Well anime in general is spreading in NA at a decent rate. Give it a decade or two

Quote:
i also dnt mind any genre of anime being quite open minded myself but the only thing that grosses me out is yaoi >.< its really sick when i think about it...
That's because we're guys. We like Yuri don't we?
Old 2006-07-11, 09:02   Link #72
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
Well anime in general is spreading in NA at a decent rate. Give it a decade or two

1. I won't be young enough to enjoy that

2. Yuri is mostly ok, Yaoi sucks
Old 2006-07-11, 09:08   Link #73
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel

ye its strange...my cousin (who is a gril) loves yaoi and im like OMG in caps >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-07-11, 09:23   Link #74
Kiomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
1. I won't be young enough to enjoy that

2. Yuri is mostly ok, Yaoi sucks
That's not fair... I don't mind Shonnen ai somtimes... (if the story has a decent story). I don't mind Yuri either actually, I really just wish it was more about how 2 girls loved each other not how they are going to "level up" their relation ship.

Oh and about admiting you like anime to a guy xD. I actually know alot of guys that wear anime shirts to school...so i guess they aren't hiding it.
Kiomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 12:38   Link #75
Decel

I don't think it's about hiding it, just about keeping it low key.

Hard to enter a bar and instead of crying out "Viva Italia!" you utter something like "OMG Suzumiya Haruhi was DA BOMB!".
Old 2006-07-11, 13:20   Link #76
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikku
Why cant anime be real life. it would be really nice......
girls who like anime should meet guys who like anime should meet guys who like anime and that be a good couple
i think it would be really cool to see a really happy couple like that...
I've read a couple of stories regarding people falling in love at conventions. As for anime couples theres the owners of animeondvd, the owners of now defunct Central Park Media (well the wife is Japanese...does that count?), and if I'm not mistaken even the owners of Robert's Anime Corner Store (or one of the Florida stores I can't remember)

But I am saving myself for marriage to a professional voice actress...preferably one who's done ero-games.

Well I haven't seen Densha Otoko...but the story there is supposedly the guy sacrificing his otaku-ness for his lady love....well call it selfish or what but one shouldn't have to change for another person...one must like the person already as s/he is. Now if its changing for self-improvement, that's even better.

Seriously, anime is a religion. Casual followers can couple with other casual followers, as well as the mainstream. But if you're devout hardcore, you must mate with another blue-blood.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 13:25   Link #77
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Well I haven't seen Densha Otoko...but the story there is supposedly the guy sacrificing his otaku-ness for his lady love....well call it selfish or what but one shouldn't have to change for another person...one must like the person already as s/he is. Now if its changing for self-improvement, that's even better.
I only partly agree to that statement. Rarely will you be able to live on as a couple without sacrificing at least something.

It simply has to be done equally on both sides. Love is compromise.
Old 2006-07-11, 14:33   Link #78
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
Do you mean the "progressive animes"? I mean like all of Shinkais works, all of Miyazakis works, most of Gainaxs works, BoogiePop Phantom and such?

Where the storyline is much to complex and dissimilar, to where thinking watching and understand becomes a greater task then a math problem? If yes, then these are for you ^_^. If no... then umm... you get the idea.
I like the anime you are talking about. I also refer to anime like Berserk. It isn't entirely thought based, but it also is dissimilar to its peers (other anime of its 'genre') because of how well the plot is done and the like... It isn't easily categorized as 'action/adventure' because it also has elements of drama, romance, politics, you name it. I may be glorifying Berserk because it was one of the earliest shows I saw, but I think you might know what I mean.

As for people who like anime... Meh, the best I've met are those who have seen Naruto or Fullmetal Alchemist a few times. I've introduced my friends to some really great anime, but I always get the feeling that while they enjoy it they don't have the same kind of passion I have. Like the one where you just want to go on a forum and talk about what you saw, or at least look at everyone else's opinions. Well, anyways, yeah anime is pretty unknown where I'm from. It's a shame, really.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 17:54   Link #79
Kiomi

To ChainLegacy: Same here, I enjoy alot of anime.. i can't pick out a genre really. I usually will fall inlove with an anime and have a deep passion for it. My friends start watching it with me and end up day dreaming through the half of it. It deeply offends me becuase they can't see the "movment in it". Maybe deep nerds are the only ones that see that. They end up falling for Fullmetal Alchemist, Somurai Champloo, wich ARE good...theres just MORE.

To DaFool: sounds like your saving your love for somone with a good social class (you mentioned somthing about it earlier) ^_~. Just Kidding, Why a marriage to a professional voice actress?? Im courious.
Kiomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 18:07   Link #80
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ cause they can make cute anime voices i presume